Tags: Land Vehicle, Air Vehicle (2 land vehicles :blush: ), Civil Structure, Science

Planet: F03, Forring

26435291574_ccaf68292d_z.jpg

Translated from a Language of clicks and purrs

Green helmed Alien: "The hour is late. The diggers are upon us. The eight carbon chain hive of humans has not abandoned their search as we had hoped."

Bright Green helmed Alien: "I assume this was the work of that one scientist?"

Green helmed Alien: "It would appear as such. Have our people been evacuated?"

Bright Green helmed Alien: "All lives have been saved. Cocoon has been loaded."

Green helmed Alien: "And the databanks?"

Bright Green helmed Alien: "Clear"

Green helmed Alien: "And the map?"

*Crash* *boom* *VRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

Bright Green helmed Alien: "..."

Green helmed Alien: "We must flee."

Bright Green helmed Alien: "But the map..."

Green helmed Alien: "There is no time."

Several Hours Later

26971052331_d2a38dd9eb_z.jpg

Doctor Edris (seated figure): "Good news?"

26945487442_d019b9e409_z.jpg

Masked Mook 1: "Fortune and glory, Dr. Edris, fortune and glory!"

Dr. Edris: "That's what I like to hear!"

27039450785_f7c8ffbbbb_z.jpg

26435631523_334eaeb28b_z.jpg

26433676874_d36787e832_z.jpg

Hatted figure: (Whispered) "Hail... MANTIS...."

26764810650_22fb106247_z.jpg

Octan Employee (Shorty): "Why did you get to have the chair? Is it due to your rank?"

Dr. Edris: "I brought this chair. You'd have one too if you'd brought one. let this be a learning experience."

26433570624_fa9c99f395_z.jpg

Dr. Edris: "Excellent! Shorty, open a line of communication with the Axle. Get me Odus on the line."

*Pew pew*

26765317720_eded48c233_z.jpg

Dr. Edris: "Roachbot! What have you done?"

Roachbot: "I work for MANTIS now. They've offered me the one thing you all never could: Respect."

Masked Mook 2: "Who the megablock programs our robots?!"

Hatted turncoat: "Kill him, Roachbot. Take Shorty hostage and leave Doctor Edris to me."

26435989293_cafd11045e_z.jpg

Shorty: "Why'd it have to be a Spec-ops Robot!?"

Roachbot: "My armour is resistant to most forms of plasma-based weaponry. Please comply."

Several Minutes Later:

27039059445_aba17183ff_z.jpg

*Vrooooooom*

26764482970_3ef25c0f1b_z.jpg

26970278711_a4fb81cf97_z.jpg

"Hello. I'm Dave, from accounting. I've been informed by my corporate espionage agent that you've uncovered some very valuable objects from these ancient ruins. As you should be aware, this territory belongs to MANTIS, and thereby all artifacts found therein are forfeit to acquisition by MANTIS personnel."

26435133703_e699709c42_z.jpg

Dr. Edris: "You're an accountant?"

Dave, from Accounting, "I never said that. Now, hand over the Artifact. All your digsite are belong to MANTIS."

Dr. Edris: "MANTIS. I hate those guys."

27038904365_35647f0af5_z.jpg

26944514332_bdcbc2b571_z.jpg

27038860615_752fa6e7b0_z.jpg

27038825895_a1642b64ab_z.jpg

Dave, from Accounting: "What!? But! How!? I thought you were a scientist! What kind of scientist can take down a trained soldier?!"

Dr. Edris: "I'm an Archaeologist."

*bashes Dave with hilt of sword.*

26970079221_87aea8a08b_z.jpg

*shing*

26434975933_afb2291948_z.jpg

Dr. Edris: "Hello, Odus? Yes, I know she's on sabbatical. I need you to contact her. Tell Dr. Long that it's real, and we've found it. The item from her dreams. We've found it."

26432944914_bc04f92c7b_z.jpgSans People by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

Pictures of the vehicles:

26764102320_b8fda2c1c1_z.jpgDrill rig by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

26944221702_9a2410bea9_z.jpgDrill Rig by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

27038602735_d155d436fa_z.jpgMantis Speeder by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

26969729031_57b1af92f8_z.jpgMantis Speeder by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

27038385065_20eb7bff43_z.jpgMantis Speeder by Danny-Longlegs, on Flickr

I love that little speeder so much, I think I'll keep it around for a while! :grin:

I'm back for the summer!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Wow, this is great! Welcome back! :grin:

I really like the drill! :wub: Everything about it is wonderful! In fact, you could even say I dig it :look: I've been trying to come up with a cool drill design for a while, but you've beaten me to it!

---

Judging mode: I don't know if you were trying to claim the speeder as an air vehicle (i.e. spaceship)? Speeders usually count as land vehicles.

Wow, this is great! Welcome back! :grin:

I really like the drill! :wub: Everything about it is wonderful! In fact, you could even say I dig it :look: I've been trying to come up with a cool drill design for a while, but you've beaten me to it!

Thanks!

Glad you like it! The hardest part of the rig was figuring out whether I wanted the cylinder in the back to be more horizontal or vertical. :tongue:

The drill itself was actually the first part of the rig that I built. It's what lead me to make this a boring drill instead of a bulldozer/dumptruck. The drill bit actually spins, by the way. It's connected to the cylinder by a long pipe/tube piece that travels the length of the drill bit. The cylinder is supported by an axle.

If I had to fault the rig for one thing, it'd be the bare/structural front. It could have used a few pieces there, but I didn't feel like spending more time on the crane part. :blush:

Judging mode: I don't know if you were trying to claim the speeder as an air vehicle (i.e. spaceship)? Speeders usually count as land vehicles.

:facepalm: wow. I wasn't trying to be sneaky about that at all. I actually just forgot. :blush: Oops. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

That drill is great! Nice work with the crater, and story too. And that MANTIS speeder does look very nifty :thumbup:

All the grill bricks in that first build look amazing! :wub: The drill is fantastic as well, I like how you used the flex tube :thumbup:

Glad to see you are back. You kind of left us hanging with you story. I'm a fan of your work so I'm looking forward to seeing your builds again. I also can't wait to see what dr long thinks of octans new pombe doll shops pleasure bots ect.

Excellent drill too. The small details like hydraulic hoses look great.

Nice build! I particularly like the way the dig site fits into the landscape, and the drill rig is really cool!

Also, all the Indy references are good...even the Crystal Skull ones :tongue:

Good to have you back!

Yup, loving the drill (especially the drill bit which looks appropriately savage). Great to see you back, now just stick around. :tongue:

Neat build! Glad you're back. The slanted walls in the first part and the hole in the second are really well done, as are the plethora of IJ references. :thumbup:

That drill is great! Nice work with the crater, and story too. And that MANTIS speeder does look very nifty :thumbup:

Thanks! Always an honour to receive praise from you. :grin: The Crater actually took the longest to do in the build, but mostly due to its size, comparatively speaking, and the drill was the biggest challenge, since I've never been particularly fond of trucks/wheeled vehicles.

All the grill bricks in that first build look amazing! :wub: The drill is fantastic as well, I like how you used the flex tube :thumbup:

Thanks! That's what I aim for with Zotaxian builds. This one is a repeat from a previous week, but most Zotaxian interiors will look similar. Their aesthetic is hexagonal and grilled, with dark bley, and blue accents.

Also, ditto on the praise comment! :wub: I employed the pneumatic tubes because when I googled real boring drills, I was impressed by the sheer quantity of hydraulics, and felt compelled to incorporate that into my own design.

Glad to see you are back. You kind of left us hanging with you story. I'm a fan of your work so I'm looking forward to seeing your builds again. I also can't wait to see what dr long thinks of octans new pombe doll shops pleasure bots ect.

Excellent drill too. The small details like hydraulic hoses look great.

Yeah... Sorry about that. I've never been great at balancing real life and my hobbies... or real life in general. :blush: But, I have a low intensity summer ahead of me, and I plan on cramming as much Andromeda and other Lego projects in as possible. I'll plan accordingly this time, though, and actually try to get things done in a timely fashion, and not screw up colabs, like I did with the time travel arch with Medium. (sorry) I'm holding myself to a higher standard now. Only good builds will see the light of day.

Thanks for your kind words regarding my storylines! Glad I have a fan! :blush: And yeah... The moment Dr. Long begins to reintegrate herself into the Eb and Flow of the new Octan there'll be conflict. Watch out. :devil:

Nice build! I particularly like the way the dig site fits into the landscape, and the drill rig is really cool!

Also, all the Indy references are good...even the Crystal Skull ones :tongue:

Good to have you back!

Did I quote the Crystal Skull? must have been a mistake. :look: Glad you got the references though! :grin:

Thanks! I tried to make it seem that way! Really, I just wanted to use my four big old-brown long two-sided slope parts I got from the original vulture droid... because... well,... they're not exactly easy to use... insofar as I am aware. :blush:

Fantastic build and great story. Along with the others, that drill is soooooo awesome.

Thanks! :grin:

Yup, loving the drill (especially the drill bit which looks appropriately savage). Great to see you back, now just stick around. :tongue:

Thanks! Glad to be back, and yes, I plan to stick around this time.... at least for the summer. It's going to be a big summer for me, and I already have wips that just need some finishing touches, Hopefully they'll be showcased this coming week.

Neat build! Glad you're back. The slanted walls in the first part and the hole in the second are really well done, as are the plethora of IJ references. :thumbup:

Thanks! Glad you like them, and great to be back!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Nice story, and that "Droideka" is great. :thumbup:

Thanks! :grin: (And, SHhhhhHH! I don't want my 6 revoked! :tongue: )

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks! :grin: (And, SHhhhhHH! I don't want my 6 revoked! :tongue: )

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Oh yeah, what droideka. I have no idea what that Mr Greeble person is talking about. Geez. :tongue: