Sign in to follow this  
David FNJ

[M - F04] The Dry Side of the Planet

Tags: MANTIS, exploring

26767499430_ebd00f5f0a_c.jpg

Double D's Log 44: I was sent back to F04 so MANTIS could test their fighter ground tracking. We went to a more dry spot on the planet up on some rocky plateau. I also inspected some water condensers. Nothing exciting. End log.

------------------------------------

Making the minifigs was definitely the most fun part about this week's build! Hopefully I'll get a chance to use them again!

So yeah, I have tons of ideas and no lack of motivation, but since August of last year I've only been committing a small amount of time for MANTIS building (and some weeks less than others).

It's actually been a bit of a challenge having to build things quickly. Though it makes my stories boring and unconnected, and to me, uninteresting.

I'm glad to have been able to post a build for almost every AG "week" though. Oddly enough I've only built for the first AG challenge. Those extra "weeks" for the challenges really just turned out to be breaks for me! :grin:

Still going strong here, even if small! Small and steady wins the race! And as MANTIS member Mr. Greeble put it, "Or large and steady. That works too...." :laugh:

Maybe I'll put a post up recapping some of my AG builds in the anniversary thread....we'll see!

Edited by David FNJ

Yup, those figs are pretty epic :wub: I like the addition of some dark tan to the desert landscape :thumbup:

The condensers are quite nice even for a small build. Pretty clever. Cool to see DD accessorizing.

I like all your small builds. Even if they don't have a continuous story. You large ones were great too.

Edited by SpacerSteve

Love your terrain work DD! You're quite the master of controlled, yet natural feeling groundstuff. Here, again, that shows. Even your smallest builds are expert quality. :grin: great simple build.

~Insectoid Aristocrat