Tags: Spying

Agent Blond's mission against the Zoid slavers had been a complete success. At least, right up until the point he got knocked out. Perhaps "MANTIS' best spy" was a bit of an exaggeration...:look:

He awoke and found himself strapped awkwardly to a table. He tried to regain his composure and assess his surroundings for escape, but at that moment one of the Zoids burst through the door.

26359049480_fa0c9f9356_c.jpg

Then, to Blond's horror, the Zoid began taking off his head.

Why, he wasn't a Zoid at all!

26632351845_994eb07932_c.jpg

"Good evening, Mr. Blond! I see you are finally awake!"

"Who are you? Where am I? Blond inquired.

"In our secret base on Illustria! But ah-ha! I already tell you too much. You should not be the one asking questions here, Mr. Blond! That's my job!"

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Blond, I expect you to die!"

This was not spoken by the first man, but by a second as he entered the room. Blond could see he also wore a Zoid costume.

"So much for our 'secret base' Gib," he added.

"Sorry boss," the first fake Zoid replied.

As he came in the second man grabbed a controller hanging from the girders above, and with a cruel chuckle pressed the button.

26605751176_87219b971a_c.jpg

Blond felt the room suddenly get noticeably hotter. He looked down towards his feet, and knew he had to act quickly...

26609103256_2cce1b5fdb_c.jpg

Although his hands were bound, he was able to reach out his MANTIS™ Death Ray Blaster© Pocket Edition™, and fire a beam at the laser.

27005357776_8c7d12f095_c.jpg

Nooo! The slavers cried. Blond then shot off his restraints, turned on his captors, and said, "Now, sirs, I believe it is you who will be doing the talking, and unless you cooperate, the dying as well."

26435078873_1cbd27e896_c.jpg

This was a build I did a couple of weeks ago but missed the posting deadline. It's been on my Flickr for awhile, but never posted anywhere. Been itching to do a Bond reference for awhile :wink: C&C welcome!

Edit: I got the planet name wrong. It is supposed to be F04, Illustria. That's what I get for using the dynamic map on mobile :wink:

Edited by rodiziorobs

:laugh:

I like the orange stripes in the wall, and the laser effect is well done, even having the crack in the table :thumbup:

Great job on the table, especially the black part where the laser has burnt through :thumbup:

Great build! I really like how you used the plate with ring to bind his hands, and the orange stripes look really nice as well :thumbup:

Haha! Awesome scene! Great reference to Bond, and really well done build. The amount of colour is just right. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat