Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

15 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Ooh, I love it! A DotD minifigure of any kind would be great.

On 3/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, Karalora said:

Oh, that is DELIGHTFUL.

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That Dark Purple... :smug:

:look:??

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

:look:??

Oh, I was just admiring how awesome that Dark Purple works on your exclusive Mariachi design. Maybe my choice of emoticon wrongly implied what I was communicating. :sceptic:

Hi

I've decided to post 1 more series before taking a break. So, I'll have a hiatus after the 11th series, just like LEGO did :laugh: Anyway, here we go once again! Series K coming soon :sweet:

39594478161_45395d2549_c.jpg

Just now, Robert8 said:

Anyway, here we go once again! Series K coming soon 

OK, I just love that caroler! With his recolor of both Jay's scarf and Penguin's hat, and his Earth Green overcoat with Dark Red vest, I really want to see Lego do this design just like it is! :excited:

I know I've asked this already about previous series, but are there any Sci-Fi and/or Steampunk CMFs in store? :classic:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

OK, I just love that caroler! With his recolor of both Jay's scarf and Penguin's hat, and his Earth Green overcoat with Dark Red vest, I really want to see Lego do this design just like it is! :excited:

I know I've asked this already about previous series, but are there any Sci-Fi and/or Steampunk CMFs in store? :classic:

Nope. No Sci-Fi characters in this series :sceptic:  They will take a break after that Sci-Fi loaded Series J. 

Loving both the preview figures, especially the dryad. Your Caroler's recolored scarf just reaffirms my belief in it as a great accessory. LEGO needs to start churning it out in other colors.

19 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Nope. No Sci-Fi characters in this series :sceptic:  They will take a break after that Sci-Fi loaded Series J. 

Okay, that's alright, as the two designs you've previewed are amazing enough already. :thumbup: :classic:

Hey @Robert8! I got some ideas for some CMFs you may like! 

(1) 70's bicycle racer.

th?id=OIP.vlNC0wBW3ueANl5vzH3ocgHaFp&pid

Based off the famous racer Eddy Merckx, he would have a white cycling cap with the visor flipped up and a sponsor logo printed on the underneath of the visor (the cap could also be flipped around without obstructing his face).

His head would have sideburns and a look of confidence on his face.

His torso would be Chima yellow with his sponsor logo on the front and three jersey pockets in back with a wrench sticking out of one of the pockets and a baguette sticking out of another pocket. His arms would be dual molded with Chima yellow on the top part and black hands.

His legs would be dual molded with black on top and black printing on his feet for shoes.

His sponsor logo would be "Moccio" which is Italian. Its an inside joke for both Lego fans and bicycle enthusiasts. :grin: :wink:

Also, as for accessories he'd have a frame pump. Preferably in black. It would probably be a black 318 bar with chrome printing.

s-l1000.jpg

(2) Morning guy.

This is most likely the dad of the sleepy head character. :laugh:

Sloppy hair.

Groggy, slightly unshaved face with a dopey, happy smile.

Torso and legs would be printed to have him wear a light blue robe over sweats and a t-shirt. He would also have bunny slippers on. :laugh:

In his hands he would have a #1 DAD coffee cup and a newspaper in the other.

It would be cool if the newspaper was rolled up. (Possibly a new mold).

Hope you like these! 

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

Thanks for your comments. Series K will come next sunday :purrr:

And yeah, the minifigure in the banner is the Nymph

19 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Hey @Robert8! I got some ideas for some CMFs you may like! 

Thanks for your suggestions. I do have a Cyclist Girl in the works, but a 70's one could be a nice male counterpart

About the Morning Guy, sounds like a nice and funny addition to the City CMFs.

I'll take them in consideration. Thanks again :classic:

Edited by Robert8

Sooo... I tried something new!  I tested my skills in Blender (which aren't that good to begin with) and tried to make the Gondolier from Series B!  It was a fun process!  It definitely isn't perfect but I'm pretty satisfied with it for now :) I might try and make the rest of Series B at some point (the molds in Series B seem easier to model...)!  Anyways here's my first attempt!

39675869481_0e1a4e6e7b_b.jpg

Hope you like it @Robert8! :)

Edited by JGuy

5 hours ago, JGuy said:

Hope you like it @Robert8! :)

Of course I like it!

It looks splendid! The hat is spot on

Thank you for doing this :classic:

Edited by Robert8

Hello there!
Thanks for visiting my thread!

Today I'll post my SERIES K of ideas for CMFs!

First I want to say thank you for all your comments. Feedback is always welcomed as it helps me to improve. 

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and J as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg35031413202_e4b5fa12eb.jpg25689065107_e5440f5425.jpg38318000401_4db17ec656.jpg

So, any reuse of any of these doesn't count as a new piece anymore.

-----

And this is it. No more introductions: Let's meet the characters from SERIES K 

25688090167_aeca9e76b3_o.png

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series K, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Holidaymaker, Tooth Fairy, Grave Digger, Bodybuilder, Date Night Guy, Closet Monster, Jouster, Pirate Queen, Doctor, Terracotta Warrior, Nymph, Toy Clown, Cartoon Girl, Beanstalk Climber, Politician and Caroler Guy

40558619811_55f9fe4845.jpg

1. Pirate Queen

Part assortment: New pirate hat+hair piece. Plume piece in white. Flintlock Pistol. Cutlass. Red Harrington's cloth skirt (Lone Ranger theme).  Regular head, torso and legs.

38785711535_6616f26818_o.png

2. Nymph

Part assortment: New hair piece with flowers. New skirt cloth piece. 4-flowers piece. The stem piece in green. Regular head, torso and legs

27904968359_8747683cdd_o.png

3. Bodybuilder

Part assortment: The S17 Yuppie hairpiece in tan. Trophy (Upside down bottle + 1x1 round title). Regular head, torso and legs.

38785715315_20c2341c1b_o.png

4. Caroler Guy

Part assortment: The Penguin's top hat. Jay's scarf recolored. The handbell introduced with the Town Crier (Series A). 2x2 printed tile with christmas carol. Regular head, torso and legs.

38785715165_976315304e_o.png

5. Politician

Part assortment: New combed hair mold. 2x1 printed tile with ballot. Regular head, torso and legs.

38785711035_95ca77ec75_o.png

6. Beanstalk Climber

Part assortment: New goose mold. Egg mold recolored in gold. Lloyd's hairpiece recolored. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

25835500558_a367237653_o.png

7. Tooth Fairy

Part assortment: Harleen Quinzel's bun hairpiece. Wings piece. 1x1 printed tile with coin. The sack piece introduced with the Banker (Series C). Wand piece. Tutu piece recolored in light blue. Regular head, torso, legs.

27904967359_5036a007b5_o.png

8. Grave Digger

Part assortment: New top hat+hair mold. New candle latern. Shovel piece with special printing. Regular head, torso and legs. 

39665947012_7f60c8e38f_o.png

9. Date Night Guy

Part assortment: New heart-shaped balloon. 4L white bar in white. Teddy Bear mold in white. The S17 Yuppie hairpiece in cool yellow. Regular head, torso and legs. 

38785714215_ae159e099a_o.png

10. Holidaymaker

Part assortment: New floppy hat+hair. New beach ball mold. Regular head, torso and legs.  

38785712415_02e44854c8_o.png

11. Toy Clown

Part assortment: New "leg" piece: 2x2 brick with side stud. New jester hat with 4 tails. Ruff collar in white. Wind-up key in mold. Regular head and torso.

38785710205_d7f7d80449_o.png

12. Terracotta Warrior

Part assortment: Lloyd's sword. The S3 Sumo Wrestler bun piece. 2x1 plate. Regular head, torso and legs. 

38785710905_7a073bcd02_o.png

13. Closet Monster

Part assortment: New monster head mold. Book piece recolored. Regular torso and legs.

38785714375_254c021773_o.png

14. Doctor

Part assortment: New hair with mirror. The syringe piece in white. The suicase introduced the Bellhop (Series J). Regular head, torso and legs. 

39683324951_51b370c03c_o.png

15. Cartoon Girl

Part assortment: New hairpiece with bow. The Alice/Minnie skirt piece. Regular head, torso and legs. Extra head.

38785714895_7b22b2d054_o.png

Extra pic! All the Cartoon Girl faces

Spoiler

38785714515_461e16d01f_o.png

16. Jouster

Part assortment: New jousting spear. The S11 Scarecrow's crow recolored in dark red. Knight helmet. Small shield. Regular head, torso and legs.

38785712155_5f9d5dd380_o.png

Burgundy is the color for Series K. 

39697103071_b839fbe6d6_o.png

Series K would introduce 15 new pieces: Hair with head mirror, monster head, pirate hat+hair, jester hat with 4 tails, box "legs" piece, cartoon girly hair, top hat+hair, candle latern, heart-shaped balloon, combed hair, jousting lance, long hair with flowers, beach ball, floppy hat+hair, goose. It would also introduce a new cloth skirt piece. 

40279478691_1a9fca644e_c.jpg

Leaflet:

25688089707_a7d4270c86_c.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

40558619231_1ae1da61a4.jpg

This is Series K. Thanks for visiting my thread. Hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to leave a comment. 

39692233151_0b656a2633_o.png

NOTE: This will be the last series for now. Working on these takes time and recently I've been too busy with little spare time to do it. At this point I already posted pretty much everything that I have for now. But I'll return next fall with more series of ideas for CMFs, I promise. Also, I would like to know what direction the CMF theme is going. If TLG drops the regular series for good, then this thread is kind of pointless. Well, let's see what happens.

From Series L onwards, I'll include more sections like the bag picture for each series, more pictures of the minifigures and a suggested box distribution for the 60 minifigures.

SERIES J                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     SERIES L

38309832346_5752646629_n.jpg                                                                                            44120751205_7727b5198d_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Wow. There is always so much to love about each of these series, and again, this one is no exception.

Right off the bat, the Pirate Queen is such an extraordinary CMF design, and that Jouster one? :excited:

Also, your Politician CMF is a hilarious choice as far as archetypes go, and the Beanstalk Climber is another clever choice I have never even thought of before for a CMF archetype. His recolored TLNM Lloyd hairpiece works great too! :thumbup:

I feel like I say this every time, but every time it is true... This is without a doubt my favorite series yet.  There's so much amazing stuff here...

My favorites have to be the Jouster, Doctor, Nymph, and Pirate Queen.  Amazing work, @Robert8.  Totally cool with waiting for the next series!  This makes it worth it!  :D

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I just noticed something. Is the skin tone on the Bodybuilder a different shade of yellow, perhaps Flame Yellowish Orange instead of Bright Yellow for a fake bronzed look?

Yes. You're correct. :classic:

The Grave Digger also has a paler shade of yellow, to make him look more creppy/horror movie looking. That shade would be a new color. 

Thanks for your comments

14 minutes ago, JGuy said:

I feel like I say this every time, but every time it is true... This is without a doubt my favorite series yet.  There's so much amazing stuff here...

My favorites have to be the Jouster, Doctor, Nymph, and Pirate Queen.  Amazing work, @Robert8.  Totally cool with waiting for the next series!  This makes it worth it!  :D

Thank you. I'm glad you liked them JGuy :classic:

These are amazing, Robert8. That Pirate Queen is to die for! I also love love LOVE the crest on the Jouster's helmet--I've been reading about medieval tournaments and how the knights would display their heraldry in that fashion. The Nymph and Terracotta Warrior are part of my own personal wishlist. The jack-in-the-box clown is just inspired.