Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

I love all the designs, and I'm really inspired as a hobby 3d modeller...

...and also I really love to see a complete series with more mythological minifigures (Zeus, Adonis, Aphrodite, Charon, Dionysos, The Amazons, Apollo, Artemis, Hades, Bellerophon, Icarus, Odysseus, Perseus, Theseus, Helen, Heracles, Harpies, and so on....)

23 hours ago, miniman said:

I love all the designs, and I'm really inspired as a hobby 3d modeller...

...and also I really love to see a complete series with more mythological minifigures (Zeus, Adonis, Aphrodite, Charon, Dionysos, The Amazons, Apollo, Artemis, Hades, Bellerophon, Icarus, Odysseus, Perseus, Theseus, Helen, Heracles, Harpies, and so on....)

From those you mentioned, I already made Artemis (Moon Goddess - Series C) and Perseus (Mythological Hero -Series B). The Ocean Soldier from Series H could be considered a mythological minifigure

Also, Hades will appear in Series J which I'll post very soon. 

Other mythological minifigures I have in my to-do list are Zeus, Cecaelia, Charon, Nymph, Ares, Eris, Amazon, Icarus, Harpy, Cupid, Centaur, etc

If you put them all of them together you could a make a whole series of mythological minifigures :classic:

Hello and welcome to presentation of Series J !!!

First of all, I thank you all for the comments, either feedback or suggestions, you post here. Posting these and reading what you think about them is always a lot of fun

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and I as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg35031413202_e4b5fa12eb.jpg25689065107_e5440f5425.jpg

So, any reuse of any of these doesn't count as a new piece anymore.

-----

And here is it: SERIES J!

39848012474_0f6d67234b_o.png

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series J, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes White Chess Bishop, Wrestler Woman, Majorette, Beatnik, Inventor, French Queen, Philosopher, Cow Suit Girl, Cyborg Man, Gate Guard, Bellhop, Pool Party Girl, Taco Man, Underworld King, Postman and Martian.

39848013744_f4fc5162df.jpg

1. Cyborg Man

Part assortment: Two barrel space gun and hollow stud. The S13 Galaxy Trooper armor piece. Zane's hairpiece from The LEGO Ninjago Movie. Regular head, torso and legs

24389727788_0ed77bdbe2_o.png

2. Majorette

Part assortment: New shako+hair piece. 3L bar with special printing (similar to the S1 Magician's wand). Regular head, torso and legs. Short cape.

38206027276_f4e1f8b4e8_b.jpg

3. Philosopher

Part assortment: New greek hairpiece. 2x2 printed tile. Slope piece. Regular head and torso

24389726268_3b2473382e_o.png

4. Beatnik

Part assortment: New bongos piece. Beret piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

24389728218_3bf932925a_o.png

5. Taco Man

Part assortment: New taco costume. Regular head, torso and legs.

24389725718_6b90ea6d96_b.jpg

6. French Queen

Part assortment: New wig piece. The S4 Kimono Girl fan piece. The S15 Queen dress piece. Regular head and torso.

26589525219_b2c1c646f9_b.jpg

7. Inventor

Part assortment: Baby mould recolored as a steampunk robot. Oil can piece. Shazam's hairpiece. Regular head, torso and legs.

38206027486_7bd6b24bb9_o.png

8. Postman

Part assortment: The S2 Explorer hat. 1x2 printed tile. 2x2 printed tile. The shoulder bag piece from Indiana Jones. Regular head, torso and legs.

24389725958_cce3568a4c_b.jpg

9. Cow Suit Girl

Part assortment: New cow mask. The tail introduced with the Giraffe (Series A). A milk box (1x1brick+1x1slope piece). Regular head, torso and legs.

38246558612_d446d35d69_b.jpg

10. Pool Party Girl

Part assortment: New unicorn float. New girly hairpiece. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

24389726108_25ca56882e_o.png

11. Gate Guard

Part assortment: The S8 Conquistador helmet. Plume piece. The S9 Thespian ruff neckpiece. The Pike piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

38206028486_a1dbb1188f_o.png

12. Wrestler Woman

Part assortment: Whiparella's hairpiece recolored. Regular head, torso and legs. Printed cape

24389725028_04de46934a_o.png

13. Martian

Part assortment: New alien head. The S17 Retro Space Hero's raygun in red. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

37602307134_fc9d2a2161_o.png

14. Underworld King

Part assortment: New 3 headed dog mould. New hairpiece with crown. Dumbledore's beard in black. Slope piece. Regular head and torso

38303052351_00b7a2e3cb_o.png

15. White Chess Bishop

Part assortment: New chess bishop suit. The crook introduced with the Egyptian Empress (Series F). Regular head, torso and legs.

24389725348_e112f22210_b.jpg

EXTRA PIC! The CMF chess collection so far!

Spoiler

24389725238_15cb54be97_b.jpg

16. Bellhop

Part assortment: New suitcase piece. The briefcase piece. The hat introduced with the Usher (Series H). Regular head, torso and legs.

24389728128_755684f21b_b.jpg

The series color scheme is sand blue this time!

38309832346_31aebb6ca8_o.png

This series would introduce 13 new pieces: Greek hairpiece, unicorn float, girly hairpiece, suitcase, white chess bishop suit, wig, green alien head, cow mask, bongos, 3 headed dog, crown+hair piece, shako+hair piece and taco suit. 

38318000401_4db17ec656_b.jpg

Leaflet:

40558612441_f5543e2388_c.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

39848013214_2275b09382.jpg

Thanks for taking your time reading/looking this. I hope you enjoyed Series J

I'll post Series K at some point in the future! See you later! 

38364681251_b18476e7a6_b.jpg

SERIES I                                                                                                                                                               SERIES K 

40151120925_ecc1e7587b_n.jpg                                                                                            39697103071_c547a95998_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Thank you so much ? for new series, it is the best thread for me on eurobricks, love the cow ? suit girl, pool party ? girl and ? taco man. :) what can i say i am sucker for costume minifigures.

Edited by cebelicamya

I can definitely see myself getting the two costumes along with the beatnik and guard. Good job! 

Im surprised they haven't done a cow suit already....

Love this series, I hope you get to reuse that shako.

11 minutes ago, RebelliousRebel said:

Also, one thing ive noticed through all your series is that there always seems to be a villain, is that intentional?

Who would  be the villain here? the french queen?

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Love this series, I hope you get to reuse that shako.

Who would  be the villain here? the french queen?

No, the underworld king. Although its not nesesarily a villain it looks like one

Edited by RebelliousRebel

Thank you for your comments :classic:

On 10/11/2017 at 12:41 PM, RebelliousRebel said:

Also, one thing ive noticed through all your series is that there always seems to be a villain, is that intentional?

Yes. I like villainous looking characters. So I always try to include- at least- one

Edited by Robert8

Congratulations on both your tenth series and your six thousandth post @Robert8:sweet:

You've again created another excellent series here, with many ingenious and amazing designs! For me, the two standouts in this one are the French Queen and most definitely the Inventor! I really like the Inventor's simplistic design and his liberal use of Copper accenting. When you  initially said there was going to be a Steampunk archetype in this series, I automatically presumed it was going to be a much more embellished, goofier looking figure; so actually this was a rather pleasant surprise! I hope see more some Steampunk archetypes in a future series, perhaps something like either a Clockwork Automaton, a Time Traveler, or an Evil, Half-Mechanical Baron for instance. :shrug_oh_well:

Since you said there would only be two sci-fi archetypes in this series, including the Steampunk Inventor, I was surprised to see the little green Martian, who's quite the cute design! Was he the second archetype? I just presumed the male Cyborg was. 

By the way, I really like the Postman idea, but I think he should have had a different hat. Personally, I think he should have had the hat donned by both the S11 Scarecrow and the S15 Farmer instead, but that's just my two cents.

3 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

I need the taco man's face.

Ditto! :grin:

I don't like costumed characters myself, but I'd definitely buy the figure for that alone!

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Congratulations on both your tenth series and your six thousandth post @Robert8:sweet:

Since you said there would only be two sci-fi archetypes in this series, including the Steampunk Inventor, I was surprised to see the little green Martian, who's quite the cute design! Was he the second archetype? I just presumed the male Cyborg was. 

Thanks

Yes. There will be more steampunk minifigures in the future

No. I was talking about the Cyborg. The Martian was originally in Series K (the next one) but one of the files from this Series J is damaged and it just won't open :cry_sad: So, I have to replace him with the Martian

Edited by Robert8

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!!!

Robert you magnificent Bastard you, I'm in love with the French Queen (Hope to see the King soon), The Inventor is amazing, The Philosopher is great, so is the Underworld King, the Gate Guard and the Majorette.

Dibs on Philosopher, Cyborg, Postman and Gate Guard bios.

Edited by Eggyslav

I've updated the pictures because I mistakenly posted ones that included an unfinished version of the Martian

Just now, Robert8 said:

I've updated the pictures because I mistakenly posted ones that included an unfinished version of the Martian

He looks even better now! Nicely done!

Question though, since I studied ancient greek, I tried to decipher Philosopher's scroll, and it says something about friendship, ΦΙΛΟΣ (Philos) means friend, but I can't exactly translate it... Robert, can you tell me what does it say? Roughly it translates: When I call him my friend, nobody calls him their friend. Is it correct?

9 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

Question though, since I studied ancient greek, I tried to decipher Philosopher's scroll, and it says something about friendship, ΦΙΛΟΣ (Philos) means friend, but I can't exactly translate it... Robert, can you tell me what does it say? Roughly it translates: When I call him my friend, nobody calls him their friend. Is it correct?

Gosh I made the Philosopher like in January... I don't really remember at this point :wacko: I'll check the file as soon as I can. It's for sure an Aristotle quote. because I made the Philisopher based on him

Not 100% sure but I think it is αυτός που είναι φίλος με όλους δεν είναι φίλος σε κανέναν (A friend to all is a friend to none)

EDIT. Confirmed:  Image result for aristotle

Edited by Robert8

Oh, right, the Minifig covered the Ypsilon and Tau with it's hand, and I thought those two letters were Pi, thus instead of Autos, I read Apos. Also, my greek is really rusty, since I've mistaken Ypsilon with Gamma...:wacko:

I love these too.

If I had the money I would hire you to make a lot of custom minis.

To appreciate your work here is a quick scene with the use of Mecabricks and some other sotfware

Steampunk-Robot-scene_low2.jpg.23f304a6ecea19ea6a2fba598cf4c179.jpg

Edited by miniman

1 hour ago, miniman said:

To appreciate your work here is a quick scene with the use of Mecabricks and some other sotfware

Oh thanks. That's amazing!

The little steampunk robot looks cute :purrr:

21 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Thank you so much ? for new series, it is the best thread for me on eurobricks

Thank you so much. Your lego hairpieces thread is super useful for me while working on these :classic: