Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Ooooh, an Ice sculpture, I wonder, how you'll design it, will it have transparent bodyparts?

You da man @Robert8

I want the bride, the sculptor, the pyjama girl, the usher, the hermit, the ocean soldier, the imp, the barbershop singer and the milkmaid :-)

Awesome as always Robert! My faves  are Ghost Bride, the concept is simply amazing. Only change I'd make is to give her the new stem piece that can hold more than 3 flowers. School Boy is cool, i love his science project on the 2x4 of our galaxy. Milkmaid and Farmer Pig are also my favorites. Well done. 

On 7/7/2017 at 1:42 AM, Eggyslav said:

Ooooh, an Ice sculpture, I wonder, how you'll design it, will it have transparent bodyparts?

Yes. It would need a trans blue body. But LEGO doesn't produce 100% translucent minifigures yet so that Ice Sculpture will have to wait

20 hours ago, Borex said:

You da man @Robert8

I want the bride, the sculptor, the pyjama girl, the usher, the hermit, the ocean soldier, the imp, the barbershop singer and the milkmaid :-)

11 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Awesome as always Robert! My faves  are Ghost Bride, the concept is simply amazing. Only change I'd make is to give her the new stem piece that can hold more than 3 flowers. School Boy is cool, i love his science project on the 2x4 of our galaxy. Milkmaid and Farmer Pig are also my favorites. Well done. 

Thanks for your comments :)

OMG, Robert, I just noticed this, and can't unsee it: On your Banner, the Sculptor's Hammer is positioned in a way that makes it look like he's bonking the Pyjama Party Girl in the head, like, "Go to sleep! WHACK!". And PJP Girl seems to like it, just look at that face... XDDDD

5 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

OMG, Robert, I just noticed this, and can't unsee it: On your Banner, the Sculptor's Hammer is positioned in a way that makes it look like he's bonking the Pyjama Party Girl in the head, like, "Go to sleep! WHACK!". And PJP Girl seems to like it, just look at that face... XDDDD

Yes. I noticed while making the banner but I didn't care lol

I didn't think anyone would notice :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

So, I noticed that there are some bios left to be done in this series. Might as well step up to the plate:

Ocean Warrior

"What does 'blinking' mean?"

The Ocean Warrior is a proud defender of the lands beneath the waves. Or at least he would be, if anything interesting happened down here. Truth be told, barring the odd shark attack, there isn't much to fight with when one's race is the only sapient life in the area. As a hobby to break up the monotony, in the very long interim terms between battles the Ocean Warrior decided to become pen pals with a beautiful human. In exchange for regaling her with tales of his exploits on the battlefield, the Ocean Warrior gets some education on some bizarre human customs--like walking, or breathing a strange substance she calls 'air'.

Islander

"Ugh, hair-bones and modesty flowers are SOOOOOOO last year."

The Islander considers herself a visionary. Tired of the old traditions of dress the former generations had to withstand, she's made it her mission to modernize her island. For example, after she saw a passing ship and it's crew, she decided to try and convince her people to start wearing shirts; as you can see, she hasn't gotten far with that one. The ideas of 'pants' and 'cool hats' have yet to be properly implemented as well. However, the Islander knows that one day their efforts will come to fruition, and visitors to their islands will be able to hold a conversation with her people without being put off by their appearances.

2 hours ago, JGuy said:

Decided to give it another go around! :)

Sensei From Series C

Piper from Series A

Will do more soon! :)

Oh geez! That Sensei and the Piper look so cool in those 3D renders. Thank you for doing this :cry_happy:

Maybe it's just in my phone but the legs look brown in the Piper's render. 

@Nerd-with-a-Pencil As usual, your bios are so creative. The Ocean Soldier is more like The Little Merman then :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

Huh, So, I guess The Milkmaid and Schoolboy are the only ones left:

Milkmaid:

Do I got Milk? Ja, I haav. Two whole boockets!

The Milkmaid spent her whole life at a Diary Farm, taking care of cows, making Cream, butter and cheese. no wonder she's an expert in milk and other diary products. She knows exact energetical value of balkan yoghurt, just by smelling the milk she can accurately guess it's fat content, and she knows so many types of cheese, some of them so exotic and obscure, that even the Conneseur has never dreamt about. This whole expertise is even more impressive, given that the Milkmaid has never tasted milk, or any of it's products, because she's lactose intolerant...

School Boy:

Sigh, When will the vacations end? I miss school...

Call him a nerd, but for the School boy, there's nothing more cool than, well, School. Unlike other kids, he loves to go to the classes, make homework science projects, and hang out with his friends at recess. There's no more beautiful sound to him, than ringing of the schoolbell, and from Monday to Friday everyday is a new adventure, when he learns something new from the Teacher, and his thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. If he only could go to Summer School, he wouldn't be so bored during vacations...

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh geez! That Sensei and the Piper look so cool in those 3D renders. Thank you for doing this :cry_happy:

Maybe it's just in my phone but the legs look brown in the Piper's render. 

Thank you! :) It's very fun to make!  

Oh my goodness wow haha.  I completely missed that... Just fixed it!  :D

Also here's the Skier from Series C!  I've figured out how to make them shiny, next step will be doing some modelling in Blender! :laugh:

Fantastic work again, Robert8! I think the only one of these I wouldn't keep is the Football Player.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:54 PM, JGuy said:

Also here's the Skier from Series C!  I've figured out how to make them shiny, next step will be doing some modelling in Blender! :laugh:

They look great. From those my fav is the Piper. He looks amazing

On 7/14/2017 at 9:31 PM, Karalora said:

Fantastic work again, Robert8! I think the only one of these I wouldn't keep is the Football Player.

Thank you :classic:

On 7/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, Eggyslav said:

Huh, So, I guess The Milkmaid and Schoolboy are the only ones left:

Thanks for those bios once again!

I like when former CMFs are mentioned, either real (Connoisseur) or mine (Teacher). Loved that :classic:

You're welcome, but now that I think about it, there's one last minifig without a bio: The poor Pijama Party Girl, but I'll leave it to @8BrickMario, since he only make the Ghost Bride bio, let's let him have some fun too... ;)

Oh, no, please, go ahead! The Ghost Bride was the main one I wanted to do this time around, so I waive the Pajama Girl to whoever wants to write her. :classic:

I love the School boy! I think it would be more appropriate if his project was more "homemade", for example, similar to the way the Series 17 rocket boy's flag is hand-drawn.

Has anyone else noticed that the golfer looks like Kevin the minion from despicable me 2 ?

On 7/18/2017 at 8:36 PM, Evolved Turtle said:

I love the School boy! I think it would be more appropriate if his project was more "homemade", for example, similar to the way the Series 17 rocket boy's flag is hand-drawn.

Thanks. You're right. I didn't think of it. Thanks for the feedback

On 7/19/2017 at 1:45 PM, JG bricks said:

I love all of the series you have done so far Robert8! I especially love this series, my favorite is the golfer!

Thank you :classic:

On 7/25/2017 at 11:35 AM, 1Panda said:

Has anyone else noticed that the golfer looks like Kevin the minion from despicable me 2 ?

Ha! I googled it and yeah, it does look like him. :laugh:

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:27 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Fantastic @Robert8... I will make a GREATEST ROBERT8's CMF game sooner or later XD

You just have to make one!!!

Whoa, brutal! :distressed:

That venquiltrist in tweed is kinda cool; should we expect the full series in about a week?

Also, will there be any Space themed CMFs in store? I really missed those from the previous series. :purrr:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Whoa, brutal! :distressed:

That venquiltrist in tweed is kinda cool; should we expect the full series in about a week?

Also, will there be any Space themed CMFs in store? I really missed those from the previous series. :purrr:

Thanks. Yes. I expect to post it around Friday/Saturday :classic:

And yeah, there will be a Sci- Fi minifigure: Retro Robot, to go with the S17 Retro Space Hero :laugh:, either as an ally or a foe

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Nice Gladiatrix. I'm liking this series already.

Edited by Robert8