Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Series H looks very promising!  Interested to see what that all-red figure is! :P

On 2017-6-22 at 1:16 PM, JGuy said:

Series H looks very promising!  Interested to see what that all-red figure is! :P

Thanks for your interest

I'm going to post Series H soon.

I hope it won't disappoint :laugh:

50 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks for your interest

I'm going to post Series H soon.

I hope it won't disappoint :laugh:

The only disappointment is that these figures will likely never see the light of day, can't wait to see whats in store next

Edited by Quicksilver838

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The only disappointment is that these figures will likely never see the light of day, can't wait to see whats in store next

I wonder if there would ever possibility of 3D printing the molds in the ideas... that would be super awesome.  You would have to have a 3D design though

On 2017-6-23 at 3:39 PM, JGuy said:

I wonder if there would ever possibility of 3D printing the molds in the ideas... that would be super awesome.  You would have to have a 3D design though

I don't know about that. A 3D desing is beyond my abilities

On 2017-6-23 at 3:23 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

Oh thank you 

I'll post Series H next week!

35429954101_9fd9d0515a_b.jpg

Woah woah woah! I just got a list of some figures for Series H from my top secret list sourcer. 

There's confirmed to be:

-Demonic Critter
-Stoned Artist or Stone Artist. The translation was fuzzy.
-Football Based Character
-Woodsy Introverted Guy
-Some kind of underwater voyeur. 

That's all I know for now!

22 hours ago, telaruhn said:

That Ocean Warrior is so amazing!!

Can't wait for Series H!

Glad you like it cause this one was inspired by your former profile pic ;)

In my CMFS series that I have designed I used the battle goddess hair/helmet piece for my ocean warrior.

but a new mold is always welcome.

Edited by 1Panda

36 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

In my CMFS series that I have designed I used the battle goddess hair/helmet piece for my ocean warrior.

but a new mold is always welcome.

That sounds like a neat idea. 

Are you planning to post your designs? 

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That sounds like a neat idea. 

Are you planning to post your designs? 

I would like to but not today.  

As soon as I learn how to make my own thread to post them on it I will. Since I don't want to spam your page with my designs.

Edited by 1Panda

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Glad you like it cause this one was inspired by your former profile pic ;)

Ha, I thought so! :) I really like your take on it. The colors are perfect! Makes me wish they actually had copper/bronze as a color...

1 hour ago, telaruhn said:

Ha, I thought so! :) I really like your take on it. The colors are perfect! Makes me wish they actually had copper/bronze as a color...

Well, actually, Lego seems to have introduced such a color this year in the winter 2017 Ninjago sets for Vermilion swords. Brickset has named the color "Copper Metallic", and initially, I just thought those swords were in Dark Orange.

https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Copper-Metallic

6167899.jpg 6170321.jpg

@Robert8 Thought you might enjoy this! :laugh:

I was just fooling around trying to learn Mecabricks and other stuff, and I thought, why not try to recreate one of Robert's CMFs and make a 3D version?

So I did! I did the Gymnast (since it's the first one in Series A)

Check it out: Gymnast 

I did it without the new piece of course, and the textures might not all line up, but maybe I'll try fixing those two problems in the future! :D

Edited by JGuy

35 minutes ago, JGuy said:

@Robert8 Thought you might enjoy this! :laugh:

Oh wow that looks awesome. Love it.

Thank you for time and dedication.  I'm impressed to see how real it looks. 

It means a lot to me that you chose one of the minifigures I drew to make a 3D model. :classic:

Hey @Robert8! By the way, have you ever considered doing a design tutorial for these CMFs as either a Eurobricks topic or a YouTube video? It would be a most entertaining and informative insight! :sweet:

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh wow that looks awesome. Love it.

Thank you for time and dedication.  I'm impressed to see how real it looks. 

It means a lot to me that you chose one of the minifigures I drew to make a 3D model. :classic:

Hey it was fun to do it! :laugh:

Just helped hype my anticipation for Series H! :wink:

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey @Robert8! By the way, have you ever considered doing a design tutorial for these CMFs as either a Eurobricks topic or a YouTube video? It would be a most entertaining and informative insight! :sweet:

I never thought about that.

Hmmmm.... the idea is interesting. I'll think about it. For personal reasons, I'll have to stop after Series J (but I'll resume at some point). Maybe during that hiatus. Thanks for the suggestion, even if I don't think I'm the most qualified person to post a tutorial since I'm a amateur :laugh:, but let's see what happens

22 hours ago, telaruhn said:

Thanks. I used as reference Triton's Royal Guards from Disney's The Little Mermaid. 

On 3/7/2017 at 3:44 PM, 1Panda said:

I would like to but not today.  

As soon as I learn how to make my own thread to post them on it I will. Since I don't want to spam your page with my designs.

While I don't consider it spam, I do think your designs deserve their own thread. A thread that I'll be checking around for sure :classic:

I'm not sure what do you mean with "learn how to make my own thread", but here is a tutorial that might help you 

:classic:

Edited by Robert8

I love that you've based the Ocean Guard on the Atlantica Guards .. I'd love an army of these guys .. would love Lego to introduce an alternate tail pose though .. the 3D Gymnast model is brilliant ^_^ 

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I never thought about that.

Hmmmm.... the idea is interesting. I'll think about it. For personal reasons, I'll have to stop after Series J (but I'll resume at some point). Maybe during that hiatus. Thanks for the suggestion, even if I don't think I'm the most qualified person to post a tutorial since I'm a amateur :laugh:, but let's see what happens

Thanks. I used as reference Triton's Royal Guards from Disney's The Little Mermaid. 

While I don't consider it spam, I do think your designs deserve their own thread. A thread that I'll be checking around for sure :classic:

I'm not sure what do you mean with "learn how to make my own thread", but here is a tutorial that might help you 

Ok thanks 

Once again, here I come with a new series of CMFs: Series H! :classic:

First of all, I'd like to thank to all of you who has joined me in this journey in some way: either writing bios (Eggyslav, Nerd-with-a-Pencil, 8BrickMario, Umbra-Manis, Actor Builder), making renders (Yooha, JGuy) or posting your own series, inspired by these (Ashnflash, VaderFan2187). And of course, to all of you who take your time to let me know that you think about my work through a comment/personal message/email. 

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A, B, C, D, E, F and G as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg

So, any reuse of any of these doesn't count as a new piece anymore.

------

40558596451_4d239c8872_o.png

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series H, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Sculptor, Imp, School Boy, Ocean Soldier, Islander, Ghost Bride, Golfer, Pajamas Party Girl, Usher, Red Football Player, Farmer Pig, Sea Life Photographer, Milkmaid, Barbershop Singer, Rock n' Roller and Forest Hermit.

40558597401_9de76a2e5a_z.jpg

1. Sculptor

Part assortment: A microfigure recolored as the Statue (Series G), a 1x1x1 brick. The beret piece, the S3 Fisherman's beard piece, the S5 Graduate's cloth piece. The hammer and the screwdriver pieces. Regular head, torso and legs.

35172851615_396c162b1f_o.png

2. Pajamas Party Girl

Part assortment: The stuffed bunny recolored (introduced with the Series B Holiday Elf Girl). The pigtails hairpiece recolored. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

34786239670_1c9b722515_o.png

3. Usher

Part assortment: New hat piece. the epaulettes piece, a 1x2 printed tile as a cinema ticket, 1x1 round stud, lightsaber handle as a flashlight. Regular head, torso and legs.

35172847045_d2cb1e81b1_o.png

4. Forest Hermit

Part assortment: New tonsure hairpiece, the sack introduced with the Series C Banker, the 6L bar. The slope piece. Regular head and torso.

35172853305_cefcf92ffb_b.jpg

5. Ocean Soldier

Part assortment: New helmet. The Atlantis chest piece recolored. Spear and rould shield. The merpeople tail piece. Regular head and torso.

34419175643_9e393d92ce_o.png

6. Rock n' Roller

Part assortment: The S6 Mechanic hairpiece. Short golden cape. New short golden cloth neck. Microphone. Regular head, torso and legs.

34786239490_c4f20bb553_o.png

7. Farmer Pig

Part assortment: New pig moulded head (with hole), new straw hat with pin, the pitchfork piece. Short leg piece. Regular torso. 

34786240620_c5d84db63b_b.jpg

8. Sea Life Photographer

Part assortment: New seahorse mould. Diver helmet, visor, air tank and flippers. The camera piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

35172849555_13610846b8_o.png

9. Imp

Part assortment: New hairpiece with horn. The Gargoyle's wings piece and the Cute Little Devil's tail piece. Short legs. Regular head and torso. 

34786240270_a77ae722bd_o.png

10. Golfer

Part assortment: New golf club. The S7 Bagpiper hat. A 1x1 round stud. Regular head, torso and legs. 

35172853125_98171f9fab_o.png

11. Islander

Part assortment: New flame piece. The short antenna piece in brown. Oval shield mould from Dmensions. The islanders hairpiece with bone. Regular head, torso and legs.

35172852835_203bf70efc_b.jpg

12. Red Football Player

Part assortment: New football piece. S4 Hockey Player's face guard piece and helmet. The S4 Hockey Player's chest piece. Regular head, torso and legs. 

34786239570_f41a99bf55_o.png

13. Barbershop Singer

Part assortment: New cane piece. The flat hat introduced with the Series B Gondolier. Regular head, torso and legs.

35172854185_a67efd0607_o.png

14. Milkmaid

Part assortment: New dutch hat with braids hairpiece. The bucket piece (x2), the handle piece (x2). The slope piece. Regular head and torso. 

35592778191_d41da2da73_b.jpg

15. School Boy

Part assortment: A 2x4 tile recolored as a science project. The S7 computer programmer hairpiece recolored. And apple piece with special printing. Short legs piece. Regular head and torso. 

36705815794_db5052a58a_o.png

16. Ghost Bride

Part assortment: New hairpiece, new wedding tiara piece. New tattered veil. The 4-flowers piece in black. The stem piece in gray. The slope piece. Regular head and torso. 

35066308731_2d270a31f4_b.jpg

Brown is the color for Series H

35188141156_15b0b6e41c_o.png

Series H would introduce 14 new moulds: ghostly hair, wedding tiara, dutch hat, cane, football, flame, golf club, seahorse, hairpiece with horn, pig moulded head, straw hat with pin, ocean warrior helmet, tonsure and usher hat piece. It would also introduce a new tattered veil and a short golden neck cloth piece.

35031413202_e4b5fa12eb_b.jpg

Leaflet:

40558596301_9d57708aae_c.jpg

Box Distribution (60 characters):

40558596981_a0bd7c782e_z.jpg

Thanks for looking. Don't forget to leave a comment :classic:

More ideas for CMFs will come soon with Series I! :laugh:

35247537345_6f3f9a830a_b.jpg

SERIES G                                                                                                                                                                SERIES I

33580634194_ec95693e31_n.jpg                                                                                            40151120925_ecc1e7587b_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Thanks for the shoutout @Robert8 :blush: 

I really like Series H, my favorites are the Pajamas Party Girl, the Usher, and the Farmer Pig, though I love the schoolboy's face :grin: