Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Thank you everyone for the comments :classic:

@Eggyslav @Nerd-with-a-Pencil Thank you once again for those lovely bios

Dragon Suit Guy's is very interesting. His nemesis is meant to be the red Dragon or the Dragon Trainer from Series C? Cotton Candy Vendor's bio is also funny. Candy Cotton costume would be..... interesting. And I love the "Everything you can do, I can do better" song. Using it for Space Villainess' quote is brilliant.  

The Crossfitter's bio is sooooooooooo accurate lol. I have a friend exactly like that. He just keeps posting selfies. He thinks he is saving the world or something just by doing crossfit :laugh:

Trojan and Alien Explorer's made me laugh. I don't really want to know what the  Flabg'snawg glands are :laugh:

15 hours ago, Yooha said:

The "rare dragon" is a good catch, but the odds are a little bit cruel to me. Maybe 80-20%? It is still far from 50-50%. I admit, it is not so cruel as the Mr. Gold campaign.

Yeah, maybe 80-20 would be better, but knowing LEGO and what they do with Comic Cons exclusives and Mr Gold, I think they would go with the 90-10. Even a 95-5 :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

17 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Dragon Suit Guy's is very interesting. His nemesis is meant to be the red Dragon or the Dragon Trainer from Series C?   

The Red Dragon. I kinda added in that "really frustrating" bit as a dig at what would inevitably happen were LEGO to try a stunt like this in real life.

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

And I love the "Everything you can do, I can do better" song. Using it for Space Villainess' quote is brilliant.  

Thanks; I'm especially proud of this one, because both the Space Villain's and Space Villainess' quotes are derived from songs from Annie Get Your Gun.

Robert8 WOW!
I am glad and sad at the same time, because if Lego would use-hire you, man I would buy tons of these figs but also would have to sell a kidney. :laugh:
Fabulous job. :moar:

Thanks Robert, The Wooden Rabbit in Trojan's bio was another nod to Monty Python. And Don't worry, Flabg'snawg glands aren't something dirty, they just let the Slurglybugle flow in the Flargles, no big deal. :grin:

Edited by Eggyslav

Fantastic as always Robert8. Well played!

I get almost as excited seeing you have created a new series as I do when new series are revealed but quickly feel sad when I realise they aren't going to be made!!!

Edited by lifeinplastic

Simply stunning ! If I'm honest I've just checked the Ninjago movie thread and noticed your comment and pic and was like 'new minifig designs are here' dumped the ninjago thread and headed straight here.

They're just amazing .. amongst my favourites are the Alchemist, the Cotton Candy guy and the ring bearer .. how cute is he! 

Congratulations on the 100 minifigure designs .. you're an asset to our community .. the only sad part for me is that now when I see your designs I immediately want them all to be produced.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:15 PM, Jarreth2 said:

Congratulations on the 100 minifigure designs .. you're an asset to our community .. the only sad part for me is that now when I see your designs I immediately want them all to be produced.

Very well said. 

I keep coming back to the dragon trainer, personally. I want to see a whole theme built around that one. 

8 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Very well said. 

I keep coming back to the dragon trainer, personally. I want to see a whole theme built around that one. 

RIGHT? Lego hasn't done a proper dragon theme (castle doesn't count), as far as I can remember... I do wish they would have made How to Train Your Dragon sets

On 3/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, Niku said:

Robert8 WOW!
I am glad and sad at the same time, because if Lego would use-hire you, man I would buy tons of these figs but also would have to sell a kidney. :laugh:
Fabulous job. :moar:

On 4/5/2017 at 5:35 PM, lifeinplastic said:

Fantastic as always Robert8. Well played!

I get almost as excited seeing you have created a new series as I do when new series are revealed but quickly feel sad when I realise they aren't going to be made!!!

On 5/5/2017 at 7:44 AM, Mike S said:

Always a pleasure to look at your new designs.... :thumbup:

On 5/5/2017 at 4:15 PM, Jarreth2 said:

Simply stunning ! If I'm honest I've just checked the Ninjago movie thread and noticed your comment and pic and was like 'new minifig designs are here' dumped the ninjago thread and headed straight here.

They're just amazing .. amongst my favourites are the Alchemist, the Cotton Candy guy and the ring bearer .. how cute is he! 

Thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate them a lot. :classic:

18 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Very well said. 

Dragon Trainer is one of favorite of mine as well. :grin:

10 hours ago, JGuy said:

RIGHT? Lego hasn't done a proper dragon theme (castle doesn't count), as far as I can remember... I do wish they would have made How to Train Your Dragon sets

That would be awesome. I do like the idea of How to Train Your Dragon but unlicensed

Amazing work with series G @Robert8...This is by far my favorite series that you've done. So many favorites. My top 3 are the Alchemist, Samba Dancer, and Statue. All of them are too good. 

@Robert8

You have a gift for coming up with minifigs that don't quite go on my "wishlist," but that I would certainly keep if they turned up in my blindbag. That Cotton Candy vendor is inspired.

On 07/05/2017 at 2:15 PM, JGuy said:

Elves has fairly heavily featured dragons this time around.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Elves has fairly heavily featured dragons this time around.

Yeah true but I'm talking a full on Viking fantasy theme not really an elves vibe, y'know what I mean? :P

I really appreciate your work. :-) 

Can you make a cinema goer minifig (with 3D glasses on his face,  a ticket, and a bag of popcorn)?

1 hour ago, Brickovery said:

Can you make a cinema goer minifig (with 3D glasses on his face,  a ticket, and a bag of popcorn)?

*Cough Cough*

On 15.06.2016 at 7:49 AM, Robert8 said:

5. Cinephile
Part assortment: Sleepyhead's hairpiece, soda cup introduced in the Simpsons Series 2, and new popcorn piece. Regular torso, legs and head.

32219277312_bd0b955a96_o.png

Those are very inspiring designs have you ever considered a tree suit guy?

20 hours ago, 1Panda said:

"I am Groot"

i love it should definitely happen 

20 hours ago, JGuy said:

"I am Groot"

i love it should definitely happen 

Haha I sure hope so.

For an unknown reason I'm not getting notifications from this thread anymore on my email. I don't know what's going on :wacko:

Well, anyway

On 2017-5-9 at 10:32 PM, BrickFit26 said:

Amazing work with series G @Robert8...This is by far my favorite series that you've done. So many favorites. My top 3 are the Alchemist, Samba Dancer, and Statue. All of them are too good. 

Thank you. The Statue is something I would really like for LEGO to do in a CMF series. His hairpiece was very challenging to do.

On 2017-5-14 at 8:29 AM, Karalora said:

@Robert8

You have a gift for coming up with minifigs that don't quite go on my "wishlist," but that I would certainly keep if they turned up in my blindbag. That Cotton Candy vendor is inspired.

Thank you. :classic:

On 2017-5-24 at 0:22 PM, Brickovery said:

That would be the Cinephile, as @Eggyslav pointed out. :classic:

Coincidentally, the ticket will appear in next series: Series H :classic:

On 2017-5-26 at 10:24 PM, 1Panda said:

I'm considering 3 versions: A "Christmas Holiday Tree Suit Guy", a little boy wearing a tree costume for a play, and a "spooky tree" costume. 

Edited by Robert8

I've been following this thread for a while now, and let me say, the work you've done on all of these are amazing! Someone has said here once before, but yes, Lego REALLY needs to hire you as a designer! :grin:

In review, perhaps some of my personal favorites are the Series B Paranormal Investigator and Cinephile, and the Series D Masked Hero and Galactic Explorer.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:24 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I've been following this thread for a while now, and let me say, the work you've done on all of these are amazing! Someone has said here once before, but yes, Lego REALLY needs to hire you as a designer! :grin:

In review, perhaps some of my personal favorites are the Series B Paranormal Investigator and Cinephile, and the Series D Masked Hero and Galactic Explorer.

Thank you. Paranormal Investigator was fun to make

24 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Can't wait for series H! The only one I can recognize looks to be some sort of islander on the left.

:wink:

Edited by Robert8