Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Hi,

I thought it would be great to see some of these wonderful ideas in 3D, so with the permission of Robert8, I made a few minifigs with LDD.

Since there are many new molds here, I was restricted to the ones with already existing molds, or those where I could "change" some of the molds with some Photoshop magic. :classic:

Let's start with Series A

Galactic Traveler

30102538974_e54a03ee39_o.png

Mime Girl

30434289090_60309bc44e_o.png

Organ Grinder

30697993916_6496f32735_o.png

Piper

30434289050_1bed41c75f_o.png

Southern Businessman

30697993696_b71b0cf111_o.png

Super idea! I like the Piper. And your Puppeteer looks like Mr. Monopoly and the Southern Businessmang is from the Simpsons.

And  this is my idea- remember, remember the 5th of November. SMF has Santa for X-mas, Easter has a Rabbit, Snt. Patric has a Lepricon, Halloween has Jack the Pumpkin. And I suggest Guy Fox with powderburrel and a lamp. Did you see the film "V for vendetta"?

Series B

Lake Fisherman

30930250995_356954a5b5_o.png

Cannonball Man

30930251085_b087a22046_o.png

Gondolier

30628912570_513a8de248_o.png

Scarecrow Lady

30628912670_4947dcff85_o.png

From these my favorite is the Scarecrown Lady for sure :wub:

Again, thanks for doing this Yooha :classic:

On 5/11/2016 at 4:14 AM, Staslegomaster said:

Super idea! I like the Piper. And your Puppeteer looks like Mr. Monopoly and the Southern Businessmang is from the Simpsons.

And  this is my idea- remember, remember the 5th of November. SMF has Santa for X-mas, Easter has a Rabbit, Snt. Patric has a Lepricon, Halloween has Jack the Pumpkin. And I suggest Guy Fox with powderburrel and a lamp. Did you see the film "V for vendetta"?

Thanks

I'm not sure if LEGO would do that. :laugh: And Guy Fox is a licensed character

I don't want to nag, and be that guy, but, first of all, it's Guy FAWKES, not Fox, and, he's actually a historical figure from 17th century England. The licenced character from "V for Vendetta" is called V, and sure, he based his appearance and anarchistic agenda on Fawkes, but still the two characters are different.

Edited by Eggyslav

Another great set Robert8 .. I'm loving the Porridge Eater ( she could exchange notes with Grandma Visitor ) great work on the male cheerleader too .. I still love the Toy Maker from a previous series and the Scarecrow Lady is a prefect counterpart to the Scarecrow ..  hopefully if the Lego group see these they may make some of them.

Today I was told one of the minifigures I've posted in this thread will be released on Series 17 :classic:

NOTE. THIS DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL BE THE SAME DESIGN. IT'S JUST THE SAME IDEA  

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 0:41 PM, Jarreth2 said:

Another great set Robert8 .. I'm loving the Porridge Eater ( she could exchange notes with Grandma Visitor ) great work on the male cheerleader too .. I still love the Toy Maker from a previous series and the Scarecrow Lady is a prefect counterpart to the Scarecrow ..  hopefully if the Lego group see these they may make some of them.

Thanks  :classic:

Scarecrow Lady is one of my personal favorites so far

Oh, can't wait for the new series, the Gingerbread lady is, well, like her cup says, sweet. :D

Edited by Eggyslav

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:51 PM, Robert8 said:

Today I was told one of the minifigures I've posted in this thread will be released on Series 17 :classic:

Hmmmmmmmmmm. VERY interesting. I don't suppose you'd like to tell us which one? If you even know, that is :wink:

Good morning ladies and gentlemen!

Today is the day for Series E

Thank you all for the comments and feedback. I'm always looking forward to it. 

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A, B, C and D as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg

So, any reuse of any of these doesn't count as a new piece anymore.

-----

So, here it is:

25688037957_21420b83f3_o.png

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series E, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Ming Dynasty Warrior, Gingerbread Woman, Alien Leader, Pixie, Birthday Party Clown, Castaway, Go-Karter, Ghost Boy, Caroler, Space Soldier, Sneaky Guy, Dino Researcher, Sprinter, Peasant, Accountant and Dog Groomer.

38748248900_066a436e2f.jpg

1. Dog Groomer

Part assortment: New poddle dog. The scissors piece and the hairbrush piece. The ponytail piece in cool yellow. Regular head, torso and legs.

25828856998_b0e745b717_o.png

2. Ming Dynasty Warrior

Part assortment: New helmet. The small bow+arrow piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

25828855188_d3eb5a95dd_o.png

3. Ghost Boy

Part assortment: New short ghost cowl. Pot piece with handle. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

25828856758_4ef1f193ba_o.png

4. Gingerbread Woman

Part assortment: New molded head. The mug piece in pink. Regular torso and legs.

25828856628_29208c0d46_o.png

5. Accountant

Part assortment: New hair+green eyeshades combo piece. A 2x1 printed tile with a calculator. Regular head, torso and legs.

25828858928_d1bce6c99c_o.png

6. Birthday Party Clown

Part assortment: New birthday balloon. New clown hat+hair combo. The ruff piece. A 4L white bar. Regular head, torso and legs.

25828858168_b9dfb9b8da_o.png

7. Alien Leader

Part assortment: New molded head. The Nexo Knights neck armor piece. A shiny silver cape, similar to the one Pink Power Batgirl has. A scepter ( a black technic ball joint with a galaxy printed + a silver 6L bar + a silver 2x2 inverted dish piece). The slope piece. Regular torso. 

25828858868_ba303df3d3_o.png

Extra pic! Alien Leader's scepter

Spoiler

31744682856_2beafa35ea_b.jpg

8. Dino Researcher

Part assortment: The fedora piece. The baby dino piece. The syringe piece. The Angry Birds egg piece recolored as a dino egg. Regular head, torso and legs.

25828857258_f5d336d1df_o.png

9. Pixie

Part assortment: New hairpiece with pointy ears. New short cloth skirt. The wings piece. Short legs. Regular head and torso. 

25828854328_e7306da2ca_o.png

10. Castaway

Part assortment: The classic monkey in black. The bottle piece. The telescope piece. The bandana with earring introduced in Series C (Tambourine Player). Regular head, torso and legs.

25828857438_a9578bc9dc_b.jpg

11. Sprinter

Part assortment: New prosthetic leg. The S6 Sleepyhead hairpiece. The medal piece recolored as a bronze medal. Regular head and torso.

25828853428_189c9d7e58_o.png

12. Caroler

Part assortment: New hat+hair combo. A 2x2 printed tile with a carol. The slope piece. Regular head and torso.

25828858008_f1dc5d9f10_o.png

13. Peasant

Part assortment: The cowl piece. The pitchfork piece. The chicken piece recolored. Regular head, torso and legs.

25828854538_7dcde25b35_o.png

14. Sneaky Guy

Part assortment: New elongated torso mold. Fedora piece. Mustache piece in brown. Short legs. Regular head.

25828854078_46114dcb71_b.jpg

Extra pic! Sneaky Guy's secret revealed!

Spoiler

25828853868_651c71a20a_o.png

15. Go-Karter

Part assortment: The racer helmet in pink. Trophy (roller skate+telescope+1x1 brick). Regular head, torso and legs.

25828856478_303c4fd54c_o.png

16. Space Soldier

Part assortment: New space helmet. The Batman gun piece. The 3L bar in light blue. Regular head, torso and legs.

25828853648_63fd453a44_o.png

The color for Series E is green 

25828856358_b7d1e10037_o.png

Series E would introduce 13 new pieces: Short ghost cowl, elongated torso, space helmet, victorian hat+hair, poddle dog, ming dynasty helmet, pixie hair+ears, prosthetic leg, birthday balloon, clown hat+hair, alien head, gingerbread woman head and hair+visor mold. It would also introduce 1 new cloth skirt.

25828854998_e298be4ed6_c.jpg

Leaflet:

25688037817_085c498987_c.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures)

26687293378_704a0d8136_z.jpg

So, that's it for 2016. 

Expect Series F to come soon! 

Thank you again for any feedback or comment. Merry Christmas and happy new year 2017!

27922343079_e70e55f685_c.jpg

SERIES D                                                                                                                                                               SERIES F

25461628467_62e5e52747_n.jpg                                                                                            32582597500_5b012e9005_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

These all look amazing! Great job on another awesome series. My favorites are the Alien Leader (Yup, one of mine in concept, definitely not in appearance), The Pixie (TOO KYOOT), the Go-Karter (Why wasn't I a sponsor:cry_sad:... jk lol), the  Definitely Normal and Singular Adult Male, and the Space Soldier.

LEGO really needs to "borrow" a lot of these. I especially like the concept of Sneaky Guy, and I applaud that there's something for everyone.

Aw Mah Fwacking GAAAAWD! You did it again Robert, these are GLORIOUS! My favourites are The Alien Leader (All Hail!), Space Soldier (the TRON is strong with this one :P), The Ming Warrior, the Sweet Gingerbread Lady, and the Sneaky Guy is sneaky...

@Nerd-With-A-Pencil: Dibs on making bios for: Space Soldier, Stowaway, Pixie, Sneaky Guy, Ghost Boy, Caroler Go-Carter, Peasant and Ming Dynasty Warrior!

PS: OMG, I Just noticed Go-Carter Bears my Name! Thank you Robert! In that case, I am Obliged to make a bio for her...

Edited by Eggyslav

Thanks. I'm glad you liked them :classic:

@Eggyslav It's my way to say thank you for those amazing bios you write :blush:. @Nerd-with-a-Pencil My original idea was to include you both, but dude, your username doesn't help. :laugh: "Nerd with a Pencil" is kinda weird for a sponsor :laugh: But I'll think on something. I promise.

Amazing work, as usual!

My favorites are the Caroler and the Pixie (although I didn't know what a pixie was)

Fantastic work, once again, Robert! I would gladly include all of them in my collection. Love the Pixie, Sneaky Guy and Dino Researcher especially - he looks like a good companion to the Dino Tracker. The Caroler and Gingerbread Woman are also great! And I especially LOVE the Sprinter when I took a second look and realized he had a new prosthetic leg. What an amazing concept! Kudos!

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

@Nerd-with-a-Pencil My original idea was to include you both, but dude, your username doesn't help. :laugh: "Nerd with a Pencil" is kinda weird for a sponsor :laugh: But I'll think on something. I promise.

Maybe just "NwaP". Put that on a suit of space armor or something. Anyhoo, teh bios:

Alien Leader

"ALL HAIL MEEEEEEEEE!"

The only thing bigger than this Alien's head is his ego. Countless planets have fallen under his boot, and he constantly aims to enlarge his collection for no reason other than his ability to do so. Encrypted within his scepter of power is a holographic map of his domain, which he likes to stare lovingly at in his spare time. This love turns to rage when he examines the two most persistent planets in defying him: Spherus Magna and Earth.

Gingerbread Woman

"Hey there! You wanna eat me?"

The Gingerbread Woman has the opposite quirks of her male cookie counterpart. When the Gingerbread Man is constantly running away from those who would consume him, she has a suicidal compulsion to present herself as appetizing as possible. Of course this tends to put many potential eaters off; a snack begging you to end its life is fairly creepy to most people, after all. The Gingerbread Woman doesn't mind; after all, cookies are meant to be eaten, so why prolong the inevitable?

Sprinter

"See, kids? Nothing can stop you from achieving your goals. Just look at me!"

Ever since he was a kid, the Sprinter wanted to be an athlete. Everyone told him it was impossible; you know, with the whole "missing a leg" thing. But the Sprinter never gave up, and he never stopped trying. Amid all the suggestions to become a pirate or a monster fighter, the Sprinter kept training and looking for better ways to get beyond his disability. Eventually, all that hard work paid off, and the Sprinter took home his first gold medals. Two medals later, the Sprinter started appearing at schools, hospitals and such, to share his story with kids who are disabled like him.

Caroler

"Falalalalalalalala!"

Everyone's holiday traditions are different. Every holiday season, the Caroler dresses up in her Victorian finest, gathers some friends, and goes from door to door to sing her heart out and spread some holiday cheer. Sure its cold as bricks outside and her outfit gets a couple of weird looks, but the smiles, music, camaraderie, and copious amounts of treats all make up for it.

Birthday Clown

"Heheheheheheheheheheh"

If anyone is more traumatized by the unbridled chaos of children's parties than the Parrot Guy, it's this fellow. Too many times has the Birthday Clown been stomped on, kicked, and screamed at in fear of a clown; eventually the poor guy just snapped. Now he's on the streets of LEGO City, putting the fear of clowns into everyone he can, intent on making the whole city suffer as he has suffered. He never gets very far, but he never gives up either...

Dog Groomer

"For Pete's sake, hold still, ya mutt!"

No one exemplifies "grace under pressure" better than this Dog Groomer. Without any treats or preparation, she has at her latest patient. No matter how much the dog may struggle, the Dog Groomer inexplicably manages to get a perfectly doe haircut for the poor puppo. Though she usually ends up with more than a few cuts and scratches for her turbulent trouble.

Accountant

"Sir, please sit down. You're disrupting my ennui."

Money. Some people have a lot, others can barely make ends meet with what they've got. The Accountant's job is to keep track of all this money. Frankly he's seen enough money to last a lifetime, and would not be sad if another depression took it all away. It wouldn't be that bad if there was an iota of energy in the job instead of countless hours of sheer boredom. Alas, all the Accountant can do is sit back and hope the Lawyer drags in another insane case and liven up his office a bit.

Dino Researcher

"It's okay. They're not that dangerous if you respect 'em the right way."

The Dino Researcher loves to spend time outside. The beauty of the trees, the singing of the birds, the primal rage of a rampaging Carnotaurus... well, maybe it's not all beautiful, but someone's gotta keep people safe from the temporally-displaced beasts. As soon as his Tracker ally spots a mark, the Dino Researcher and his team are mobilized to capture the monster and, well, research it. This fig's been responsible for several new breakthroughs in personal security technology; after all, if it can stop a T. Rex, it can stop anything!

Hoof. I apologize if they're a bit lackluster; of course Eggy had to take all the interesting ones.

Fan of the alien leader, the pixie, the sneaky guy, ghostboy, dino finder (with the yoshi egg) and the poodle groom. Thumbs up!!

Damn, Nerd-with-a-Pencil, your bios are getting really dark and edgy! Suicidal Gingerbread Girl? PTSD'd Birthday Clown? Holy shiet! *huh* But you're right, It will be fair if next time you'll pick first.

Anyways, here's my share of bios:

Space Soldier:

W000T! You just got R3KT by a true MLG, Alien Scum!

For the Space Soldier the Galactic War he's been fighting for years is just a game, a video game that is. You may call him a delusional maniac, but he has so much fun blasting his foes, and throwing plasma grenades around, doing barrel rolls in his starfighter and taunting his brothers in arms via comlink. His enthusiasm can be off-putting sometimes, but there's no denying, that when it comes to 360-no-scoping some Andromedan space pirates in the face, he is the best man for the job.

Castaway:

SOS! SOS! Get me out of here! I'm really lonely...

This down on his luck sailor was under the command of Pirate Captain, who was famous for unintentionaly sinking his ships. And unsuprisingly, the vessel that Castaway was on, shared the grim fate of it's predecessors, crashing into a coral reef, and sinking. Some of the crew saved themselves, some ended up in Davy Jones' Locker, and the Castaway wound up on a deserted island. With only wild monkeys as company, the castaway at first was terrified of his predicament, but, after panicking for a while, he mustered all his wit, and took good use of his survival skills. And now, after many years, using only stuff he foraged on the island, he crafted himself a very nice shelter, with anything he needs: warm fireplace, a bed made out of leaves, a pen with wild goats, clay pots and containers, hand weaved baskets full of fruit, fishing, and hunting equipment, a mill, and even a rum making still! But, despite settling on the island with every ammenity he would need to survive, Castaway really wants to go back home. Afterall, he would just like to see another minifig's face, or hear someone's voice, other than his. That's why he litters the sea with so many messages in a bottle.

Pixie:

Hey, that's my flower, go find your own!

As a ephemeric child of Fae, Pixie is really mischevious and frolicky, But no one realizes, that apart from dancing in the moonlit meadows, and pestering gnomes, Pixie has also a lot of responsibilities, like grooming Unicorns, making the flowers bloom, leading lost travelers out of the woods, and helping all the forest critters. This is why, even though playful in nature, The Pixie can get really cranky, or even angry, especially if someone, or something is posing as a threat to her beloved forest glades. And you don't want to incure Pixie's wrath, trust me on that.

Sneaky Guy:

Ahem, Two tickets for "Sexxxy Killer Shark Massacre", please. Yes, We, I mean I am adult, why would you think otherwise?

Why do you stare at that tall, wobbly man in a trechcoat? He's a perfectly normal, ADULT singular man, as it is apparent by his awesome moustache that by any means are not fake. There's really nothing suspicious about this guy, nope, nothing at all. He is just a regular bloke like you or me, or those two kids stacked one on another, wearing a hat, a trenchcoat and fake moustache... Hey, Wait a second...

Ghost Boy:

Boo! Tehehe!

It's no suprise that Ghost boy loves Halloween. Every year he puts on his white sheet with cut out eyeholes, and pretends to haunt the neighbours for candy. But little does he know, that he indeed is a REAL GHOST! That's why his ghost sheet is glowing. Nobody knows what tragedy untimely ended his life, or why is he doomed to roam the mortal plane as a non-corporeal spirit, but still, The ghost Boy is pretty much oblivious to his situation, he thinks he is as alive as his friends and family. (Yeah, this one's also really dark...)

Go-Carter

A girl has her need, a need for speed!

Just like her older brother, F1 Racer, Go-carter loves the extreme speed, the competetive spirit, and the roar of a motor is like music to her ears. But since she's just a teenager, and haven't got her licence yet, she tests her reflexes and driving skills on go-cart tracks. Quickly she earned herself the monicker "Pink Blur", as she squeezed all the power from her mean machine's one-cillinder souped up engine, and zoomed out the competition, winning 1rst place. Now if only her driving instructor appreciated her skills...

Peasant:

You're my King? I didn't vote for you!

The Humble Peasant is the backbone of any feudal society, and he knows that very well. In fact, despite being just an illiterate serf, the Peasant is very politically savvy, and it pains him that no one cares about him, or his fellow farmers. While plowing the field, or digging in dirt, the Peasant constantly thinks how to make his peers' voices heard by the ones in charge. If only there was a system, that would allow anyone, no matter the social standing, to have their chosen representatives, who would form a council, or "Parliament", that would decide about the Kingdom's politics and economy, and everyone would be equal in the eyes of law...

Ming Dynasty Warrior:

We won't let those Barbarians take over our land, FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

The Ming Dynasty Warrior is one of the millions of soldiers in the imperial army of Ming Dynasty. This seasoned fighter was stationed at the Great Wall of China, at the very border of the empire. With his trusty bow, ornate armor, and quiver full of arrows, he is ready to ward off any nomadic tribes of the Western steppes, Whether it be Huns, Mongols, or other threat, he and his numerous brethren are ready to stop them.

Edited by Eggyslav

Fabulous series, once again! The Ming Warrior, Castaway, Caroler and Peasant are my personal favorites. And that Sneaky Guy is absolutely hilarious :roflmao: