Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

I am loving the circus themed characters, like your acrobat and Human Cannonball, and now the bearded lady. With them, and Yooha's Fire Breather and Circus Strongman, I'd have a great little Big Top started! I really, rally hope Lego takes these designs into consideration.

Can't wait to see the rest of your Series 3.

According to my super-secret-sources, the next Robert8 Custom Series will include some kind of detective/cop, and a ninja leader, and another figure that really bugs me...

Hello everyone!

I want thank you for all your nice comments for my Series A and Series B. I'm glad you liked them :classic:

And now he third wave of ideas for CMF's!

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A and Series B as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg

So, any reuse of any of these doesn't count as a new piece anymore.

-----

And now, Series C

40516053322_6a8bac04c8_o.png

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series C, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Bearded Woman, Crime Scene Investigator, Green Boxer, Ladybug Girl, Kayaker, Country Music Singer, Toymaker, Dragon Trainer, Banker, Moon Goddess, Tambourine Player, Sensei, Evil Queen, Ski Patrol, Emperor and Hipster.

40516054342_f894ff06fd.jpg

1. Banker

Part assortment: New sack piece, bowler hat. Regular head, torso and legs.

25164050117_640db730b7_o.png

2. Evil Queen

Part assortment: New tiara piece, new hairpiece with hole, the S8 Alien Villainess collar in black, a red apple with a skull printed, the S15 Queen dress piece recolored, regular torso and head.

40002914692_cb00aee6f3_b.jpg

3. Green Boxer

Part assortment: Sparring helmet, boxing gloves. Regular torso, head and legs.

25164049297_a21956957f_o.png

4. Bearded Woman

Part assortment: New hairpiece, the Vitruvius beard, fan piece, slope piece. Regular head and torso.

25164050007_8fc3a7c5b8_b.jpg

5. Hipster

Part assortment: New hat piece, Larry the Barista's coffee cup recolored, Indiana Jones bag piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

40002914072_d2e98664c4_o.png

6. Country Music Singer

Part assortment: The S13 Sheriff hat, the S16 Mariachi guitar recolored. Regular head, torso and legs.

25164049937_2b6bc456c5_o.png

7. Dragon Trainer

Part assortment: New helmet mold. The dragon piece in dark red, the Angry Birds egg piece recolored as a dragon egg. Regular head, torso, and legs.

25164049757_08f03ee651_b.jpg

8. Crime Scene Investigator

Part assortment: New headwear piece, 2x2 printed tile with a picture of the crime scene, the magnifying glass piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

25164049827_a9baa5b40b_o.png

9. Emperor

Part assortment: New bicorn piece, S6 Highland Battler sword, epaulette, Alfred's coattails cloth piece, Regular torso, head and legs.

25164049467_d7fbb6a64a_o.png

10. Ladybug Girl

Part assortment: New wings piece (neck piece), S10 Bumblebee Girl antennae piece, short legs. Regular head and torso.

25164048157_5f56897b5a_o.png

Extra pic! Ladybug Girl back

Spoiler

40002913892_bdd6ff225d_o.png

11. Sensei

Part assortment: The bun piece in white, Ocean King beard piece, 6L bar in tan, 2x2 printed tile with japanese proverb, slope piece, regular head and torso.

40002913482_8d95e59227_o.png

12. Kayaker

Part assortment: new paddle piece (x2), helmet piece, 6L bar in black, old life jacket piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

25164048417_deacc6d71a_o.png

13. Moon Goddess

Part assorment: New hairpiece similar to the one she had in the MMO. Cape, long bow+arrow piece, regular head, torso and legs.

39329782734_0b887e5ec5_o.png

14. Tambourine Player

Part assorment: New tambourine piece, new long bandana piece with earring, regular head, torso and legs.

40002913272_fb5494c650_o.png

15. Ski Patrol

Part assorment: Helmet piece, 2 black skis, 2 black ski poles, the S16 Hiker backpack recolored as a rescue backpack. Regular head, torso and legs.

25164047607_69100de4dd_o.png

16. Toymaker

Part assorment: New classic shako hat piece downsized to microfigure scale. Microfigure colored as a toy solider. Grandpa bald hairpiece, the paintbrush piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

25164047227_4ea88c6c50_o.png

And the group pic. The Series C color is teal.

39329784214_d646d54bb5_o.png

This Series C would introduce 14 new pieces: Paddle, mini shako hat piece, Bearded Woman hairpiece, Evil Queen harpiece, Moon Goddess hairpiece, long bandana with earring, tambourine, sack piece, Ladybug wings, bicorn, Hipster hat, tiara, Dragon Trainer helmet, and CSI disposable suit headpiece

25164047857_198bc3c285_o.png

Leaflet:

40516053122_01a5553f71_c.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

40516053922_6cb44225f0.jpg

Well, that's it for now.

Expect Series D to come soon!

Any feedback or comment would be appreciated!

25164047477_eafb9d6752_o.png

SERIES B                                                                                                                                                               SERIES D

37891473115_d008257dbc_n.jpg                                                                                            25461628467_62e5e52747_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

These are great! My favorites are the Banker and The Crime Scene Investigator!

Is the "Hipster Hat" supposed to be like one of those short-brimmed Fedoras that are so clearly inferior to Wide-Brimmed Fedoras?

Or is it something else?

Nice illustrations, yet again!

These are great! My favorites are the Banker and The Crime Scene Investigator!

Is the "Hipster Hat" supposed to be like one of those short-brimmed Fedoras that are so clearly inferior to Wide-Brimmed Fedoras?

Yes. You got it.

It's kinda hard to show it in a 2D drawing but yeah, it's supposed to be one of those.

----

Note to Eggyslav :wink:

The Sensei is supossed to be a "kendo sensei" (that's what the kanji in his clothes mean) So, he is in the guy who trained the S15 Kendo Fighter

Edited by Robert8

Love them! The Crime Scene Investigator is what I look like a few hours a week, so I particularly like it.

And the Ladybug Girl is adorable! :wub:

I'm loving the toy maker .. he reminds me so much of Benny Hill in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang .. they're all great but he's my fave ^_^

Wow, you have outdone yourself this time! These are great!!! Love the Evil Queen and the Moon Goddess, and I already expressed my love of the Bearded Lady, and I really, really like the Tambourine Player, too. The rest are just icing on this awesome cake.Man, I hope LEGO contacts you about making your designs come true ..

Great Job Robert, I especially love the Emperor, Evil Queen and Dragon Trainer. Also I'm taking a note about the Sensei into consideration. As for the Bios, They'll come soon, I just got back from our summer house, and for now I need some rest and inspiration.

Hoo boy, the Nerd-with-a-Pencil Psychic link continues!

My series one includes a hipster Girl as well a kayaker, and an Evil queen and Dragon Rider appear in a medieval fantasy/D&D Themed series I have.

I seriously need to post these before any other doppelgangers surface!

Cool series, though.

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

One Dragon Trainer, a Sensei and a Moon Goddess for me please! :wub: Overall this series is superb, man! :thumbup:

Extremely impressed with Series C. My faves:

Evil Queen, Bearded Woman, Dragon Trainer, Crime Scene Investigator, Sensei, Moon Goddess, Tambourine Player, Ski Patrol & Toy Maker.

If i had to pick just one favorite, I think it would be Ski Patrol. It's just a minifiure I would have never thought of & she is very well designed.

Robert, Eggyslav, I know you've got a thing going on, but if you'll allow me to interject just one moment...

Crime Scene Investigator

"What's going on again?"

The Crime Scene Investigator is as clueless as he is sanitary. Every day he wakes up, puts on his clean white suit, and looks for clues. He doesn't know exactly what it is he's looking for, but he believes he'll know it when he sees it. Suffice to say, he's never seen it. Recently he's picked up the habit of making his own clues; He'll use up all The Artist's white chalk and outline himself in order to make it look like he's investigating a crime scene. He thinks of it as harmless practice, but all it does is slow down foot traffic on the sidewalks of LEGO City!

Edited by Actor Builder

Well done Robert! Dragon trainer and evil queen are amazing. I hope one day, TLG decides to make some of your ideas, a reality! Can't wait for the next series.

Sorry, Eggy, but I'm gonna try one too!

"Take it all, just don't hur-Huh? Oh, sorry."

The Banker is a reliable protector of your income. Unfortunately, he's also more than a little neurotic. You would be too, if you were in a Banker working in a city infested with robbers. His family has been bankers since the Old West, and somehow their banks have been like Magnets to the likes of Black Bart and the Brickster. All these attempted robberies have never worked, thanks to LEGO City's swollen police force, but repeated attempts have made him more than a bit nervous and likely to break down.

@Nerd-With-A-Pencil: It's ok dude, nice biography.

Anyways, Here comes the rest, starting with the Evil Queen bio:

Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who's the best minifigure of them all?

Once Upon a Time there lived a beautiful Queen, who ruled over a well prospering Kingdom. But, alas, the Queen's vanity and jealousy over the beauty of other queens, princesses and duchesses have drove her to the path of evil and wickedness. She tried her hardest to stay the most fairest lady in the kingdom, nay, entire world, either by keeping her good looks with the help of black magic, or eliminating rival Maidens, using her calling card, the poisoned apples, yet still, her magic mirror always says there is still a prettier woman somewhere in the Lego Universe, like the Aztek Princess, or Kimono Girl.

Green Boxer:

Come on, Hit me, I DARE YOU. Just not in the face, please...

While the Red Boxer prefers fair play and good sportsmanship, his Green counterpart is brutal and savage in his punches and jabs. The Green Boxer is really strong, and he hits hard, but he has one soft spot: his face. In fact, Green Boxer is very narcisstic, and cares only about protecting his handsome facade. In fact, he never wanted to be a pugilist, but a model, but everyone laughed at his dreams, and his questionable manliness, so instead he joined the most testosterone filled carreer of professional boxing.

Bearded Woman:

Yes, my beard is real, yes, it's quite itchy, and no, you can't touch it.

The Bearded Woman is one of the main attractions in Lego City Circus, and she's pretty proud of her facial hair. Rumor has it, that she has the blood of Middle Zealand dwarves coursing through her veins, other say, that her impressive whiskers are the result of a curse. Curse or not, she has grown to like her beard, and will never shave it off. Everyday, she carefully grooms it with a brush, trims it a little bit, braids it, and sprays some perfume on it. She even proudly show it off at many Beard Conventions!

Hipster

Ugh, Collectable Minifigures are soooo Mainstream...

The pretentious hipster despises everything that is "Mainstream", and tries to be as edgy and original as he can be, wearing thrift shop clothing, listening to the most obscure, indie music on his smartphone, and hanging out in his favourite coffee hop, sipping gluten-free, soy milk frappucino. But being a hipster is pretty hard nowdays, since hipster lifestyle is now being more and more popular, and slowly becomes Mainstream...

Country Music Singer:

Here's a lil' ditty for all you lonely cowboys 'ere...

Country Music Singer is a wandering bard of the West, traveling from Town to Town, from Salloon to Salloon, with his trusty guitar as his only posession and companion. He sings the songs and ballads of the long lost Pioneer days and heroes of the Frontier. When you hear him croon, you can almost feel like you went back in time, to the era of the chivalrous cowboys, rightful sherriffs, noble natives and, of course, troublemaking desperados and bandits. Then, the Singer gets up from his barstool, pays for his drink, and walks away, towards the sunset, to his other destination.

Dragon Trainer:

No, Bad Dragon, don't breath fire here!

Slaying a Dragon is hard, but befriending and training a Dragon is even harder. Dragon Trainer spent his whole life in a mountaintop fortress, taming and taking care of these majestic beasts. An apprentice of legendary Wizard Majisto, the Dragon trainer knows everything about Dragons, Drakes, Wyverns and Wyrms: Where they live, What do they eat, their powers, temperaments and needs, and he puts them to good use, taking care of dragon eggs, teaching baby dragons to fly and breath fire, and cleaning their scales, so when they grow up, they could join the elite ranks of Dragon Masters.

Crime Scene Investigator:

It seems the victim will be... Resting in Pieces...

The Lego City Police has a competent CSI department, lead by this minifig. Even the tiniest speck of a clue won't escape The Crime Scene Investigator's keen eyes. Unfortunately, this professional field scientist has a tendency to quip witty one-liners during investigation. He just can't help it, even at the most serious crime scenes he has to make a sarcatic comment on the situation. At first, it was all funny, but his co-workers soon became weary of it. Now he tries to keep a straight face during the investigation, and not utter a word.

Sensei:

Remember: Your sword is just a weapon, a tool, true Warriors fight with their hearts, their minds, not with their steel.

Living in secluded monastery, the wise Sensei was the teacher of the Kendo Warrior. Not only he is a Zen Master, but also a skilled warrior. When threatened, this Old, seemingly feeble minifigure turns into furious whirl of martial arts prowess, he is able to fend of even the mightiest foe. Still, the Sensei is a pacifist, he hates violence, and uses his staff only as a last resort. Instead he prefers to teach anyone who he deems worthy how to live in harmony with your surroundings, and the way of Discipline, Meditation and Butt-kicking.

As for the rest on Minifigs, I pass them to Nerd-With-A-Pencil. :classic:

Edited by Eggyslav

That Evil Queen is inevitable, you know. It won't be an identical design, but it has to happen.

All of these figures are so great. The Queen, Toymaker, Ladybug Girl, Moon Goddess, and Bearded Lady are probably my favorites.

Thank you all for your support and nice comments :classic:

@Actor Builder @ Eggyslav @Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Nice bios. Thanks!

The Dragon Trainer and Evil Queen bios were my favorites

---

The Dragon Trainer was particularly challenging. I tried with a dragon themed helmet, a leather mask with hair and a regular generic helmet. At the end, I went with the generic helmet because I felt it would be more useful as a piece. And I have a Dragon Suit Guy coming soon, so a dragon themed helmet would have been kinda repetitive.

He originally had a wip as accessory, but when Angry Birds came out, I changed it to make him look less violent. Also, the egg would be useful for Game of Thrones MOCs :laugh:

At the end I'm very pleased with the final design and I'm glad you like him!

Edited by Robert8

Alright, here's my side of the Eggyslav agreement:

Kayaker

"Dangit, not again!"

The Kayaker has a quandary. Like his brother [Friend? Partner? You okay wit dis, Rob?] the Lifesaver Guy, the Kayaker loves the water more than anything. However, also like the Lifesaver Guy, he lacks a crucial skill for water enjoyment; in this case, balance. No matter how hard he tries, he simply cannot keep his kayak upright. Luckily, he doesn't mind getting a bit wet, though the constant tipping has started to get on his nerves.

Toymaker

"Oh, Min lilla vän, you vill make some little boy or girl so very happy!"

The Toymaker has been the toymaker at his little mountain village for longer than most people live there. And as such, he knows all the things the children love, and thus, how to make the perfect toy for them. He also makes sure he stays up to date of the trends and memes of the time, just to be safe. One thing he does not abide is people being mean to children, or children being sad; as he has several grandchildren of his own, he has quite a bit of love for children of all ages.

Ski Patrol

"Don't worry, just grab my hand and you'll be okay!"

The Mountain Climber is the one usually called in when things get hairy. But when an urgent emergency requires quick action, the Ski Patrol is never far off. On her lightning-fast skis, and packing tons of survival stuff in her backpack, her helmeted face is a welcome sight for sore eyes. With over 30 rescues logged, the Ski Patrol is a true hero of the mountains.

Tambourine Player

"Oi! We may be uncomfortable, but does not mean we cannot be happy! I play you tambourine song!"

The Tambourine Player knows just how to liven the mood of an evening. Which is good news, because all of his families' evenings are spent on the road, around a campfire, near their caravan. Even though the Tambourine Player loves to play his tambourine for his kids, his kids don't always appreciate it. This is mostly because it was the Tambourine Player's idea to go on that stupid caravan road trip. But they will admit that the Tambourine Player's music does sometimes help the discomfort.

Moon Goddess

"You stay here. Hunting is woman's work."

When her sister deals with warriors and battle, the Moon Goddess deals with nature, hunting, and --you guessed it-- the moon. In fact, she's kinda angry that she's only called the Moon Goddess, due to her many domains. Another thing that makes her angry is men. In her experience, men have been nothing but trouble; defiling her woods, polluting her night sky...it's gotten to the point where she only lets girls into her sacred hunting group.

Ladybug Girl

"Tee-hee, guess I'm just lucky!"

Did you know that ladybugs are a good luck charm? The Ladybug Girl does! Ever since she put on her special ladybug costume, her good luck and the luck of everyone around her increased drastically. Now she's finding shiny pennies, The Leprechaun, and countless four-leaf clovers. She even managed to catch Mr. Gold, a feat that would otherwise be downright miraculous! [i couldn't resist]

Emperor

"Alright, comrades! For ze empire! CHARGE!"

The Emperor rules the Bluecoat Naval Empire with an iron fist. From the helm of his Imperial Flagship, he slowly conquers the seas, one pirate ship or outpost at a time. But there is a truly devious mind behind the Emperor's diplomatic facade; each area of land conquered means one step closer to his ultimate goal of WORLD DOMINATION! However, his current plan--to conquer the Monster Realm and use it to build his army--does not seem to be doing well. For the sake of the world, let's hope he fails.

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Crime Scene Investigator:

It seems the victim will be... Resting in Pieces...

The Lego City Police has a competent CSI department, lead by this minifig. Even the tiniest speck of a clue won't escape The Crime Scene Investigator's keen eyes. Unfortunately, this professional field scientist has a tendency to quip witty one-liners during investigation. He just can't help it, even at the most serious crime scenes he has to make a sarcatic comment on the situation. At first, it was all funny, but his co-workers soon became weary of it. Now he tries to keep a straight face during the investigation, and not utter a word.

Wow, this is pretty much the opposite of the one I wrote, which was generally ignored, which is okay. I would have ignored me as well.

Robert, I think your art is controversial. Nobody interprets it the same way!

Edited by Actor Builder