Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Actually, do you mind if I borrow that evil scarecrow idea for one of my own series?

I believe the idea of a scarecrow that is scary is basically public domain. It's already in the name, after all. Go right ahead, although Robert8 might beat you to it.

I believe the idea of a scarecrow that is scary is basically public domain. It's already in the name, after all. Go right ahead, although Robert8 might beat you to it.

I don't think so. Spooky Scarecrow is like 8 series away.

At this point, he is only a hand drawn sketch

Edited by Robert8

I don't think so. Spooky Scarecrow is like 8 series away.

At this point, he is only a hand drawn sketch

Quick! Put a copyright on it and then sue Nerd-with-A-Pencil when his looks similar to yours!

Quick! Put a copyright on it and then sue Nerd-with-A-Pencil when his looks similar to yours!

If it makes ya feel better, my design won't look like the series 11 scarecrow, nor this fine lass you have, Rob. I'm designing it to go with a themed series (Medieval fantasy)

Hello everyone!

First of all, I want thank you for all your nice and supporting comments for my drawings. I really appreciate it :classic:

And now it's time for the second wave of ideas for CMF's.

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg

So, any reuse of any of these doesn't count as a new piece anymore.

-----

Here is the second wave. Hope you like them!

40558551951_7585306f72_o.png

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series B, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Holiday Elf Girl, Cannonball Man, Cinephile, Gondolier, Droid, Rodeo Clown, Rapper Girl, Mythological Hero, Referee, Mardi Gras King, Teacher, Lake Fisherman, Scarecrow Lady, Paranormal Investigator, Archer and Aztec Princess.

40516049352_3978731e7c.jpg

1. Archer
Part assortment: New quiver piece, which works as a shoulder accessory, similar to Indiana Jones' bag. The Hunter hat in dark brown, the plume in dark red, the crossbow piece in dark brown, a red apple. Regular head, legs and torso.

37744192014_f168d0bfdd_b.jpg

2. Holiday Elf Girl
Part assortment: New hat + hair piece, new stuffed bunny piece, 2x2 tile with letter to Santa, Lisa Simpson short cloth skirt. Short legs, regular head and torso.

37566844705_c7ba2fef51_b.jpg

3. Rodeo Clown
Part assortment: Southern Businessman's ten gallon hat (Series A), lasso piece. Regular head, torso and legs.

37566841085_9c2348014c_b.jpg

4. Droid
Part assortment: New helmet, new cannon part (x2), 3L bar (x2), regular torso, head and legs.

38422181112_7c6e228c0e_o.png

Extra pic! The cannons are supposed to work like the Cheerleader's pompom piece (and the puppets from Series A).

37566846935_e296501d1c_b.jpg

5. Cinephile
Part assortment: New popcorn piece. Sleepyhead's hairpiece, soda cup introduced in the Simpsons Series 2. Regular torso, legs and head.

24582078278_89b54c95d0_o.png

6. Paranormal Investigator
Part Assorment: Weightlifter's hairpiece, 1x1 round stud, lightsaber handle as a flashlight, 2x2 printed tile with secret file. Regular torso, head and legs.

37744190614_8c050fa2b3_o.png

7. Aztec Princess
Part assortment: New aztec headdress with hair, spear. Slope piece. Regular head and torso.

37891473605_71ca8bc67c_b.jpg

8. Lake Fisherman
Part assortment: New fish piece. S11 Scarecrow hat recolored, fishing rod, rope, the S6 Mechanic toolbox recolored. Regular head, torso and legs.

37566844295_ccf9bc59e0_b.jpg

9. Mardi Gras King
Part Assortment: New crown piece, new scepter piece, cape. Regular head, torso and legs.

37566843875_176e187236_b.jpg

10. Gondolier
Part assorment: New hat piece. Oar piece. Regular torso, head and legs.

24582078008_5c17937a2a_b.jpg

11. Rapper Girl
Part assortment: Boombox, microphone. Wyldstyle's hood recolored. Regular torso legs, head.

37566841575_3c8091decc_o.png

12. Mythological Hero
Part assortment: New greek helmet. S5 Gladiator sword, S10 Warrior Woman's shield. Regular torso, head and legs.

37566843485_280ff17539_b.jpg

13. Cannonball Man
Part assortment: New helmet piece, cape. Regular torso, head, legs.

24582078578_9762656cfb_o.png

14. Teacher
Part assortment: S9 Hollywood Starlet hair recolored, S10 Librarian book recolored as a math text book, mug. Cloth skirt. Regular torso, head, and legs.

23926932937_5aefa265b0_o.png

15. Referee
Part Assortment: New whistle part. 2 2x1 tiles as red and yellow cards, Shazam's hairpiece . Regular torso, head, and legs.

37566841375_a02b51a23c_o.png

16. Scarecrow Lady
Part assortment: S14 Wacky Witch's hair+hat piece recolored, pitchfork. Regular torso, head and legs.

37566840835_59ea60e6a8_b.jpg

And here is the group pic. The color is olive green this time!

37891473115_21dcb5b544_o.png

This Series B would introduce 14 new pieces: Greek helmet, cannon, robot helmet, aztec headdress, stuffed bunny, elf hat with hair, crown, scepter, gondolier hat, shoulder quiver, fish, whistle, popcorn piece and circus human cannonball helmet.

37566842595_6f583a17fb_b.jpg

Leaflet:

40558551281_2a256550ff_c.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

39847976344_b3a98bea92.jpg

So, that's it for now. :classic:

I expect to post more of these later this year!

Some feedback would be deeply appreciated :classic:

24582072468_35a0fe1d95_b.jpg

SERIES A                                                                                                                                                               SERIES C

45195071394_e2fe99a141_n.jpg                                                                                            25164049207_215de0ca62_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Love these! My faves are Droid, Paranormal Investigator, and Cinephile (would you believe I had the exact same idea? Admittedly, he uses the S16 Spy hair for big fancy 3-D glasses and mine has no popcorn, but the use of the Simpsons cup is spot on!).

I love the Elf Girl, Hero, and Teacher. The Hero's shield really should have been included with the Battle Goddess, seeing as that's Athena's and all.

These look great! Does the Elf Girl's Christmas List have actual words on it, or is it just gibberish lines?

I like all of these a lot. But for some reason, the Christmas List intrigues me...

No love for the Scarecrow Lady? I honestly think she's super cute! The use of the witch hat is pretty resourceful. I also adore the lake fisherman. I really wish Lego would release a figure akin to him: his hat would be super useful for MOCing cottage country.

Just like series A, I'd buy most of these as well.

Hope LEGO doesn't do anything like the holiday elf girl, or I'm gonna regret trading off the original holiday elf. :D

Thanks for your comments everyone! :classic:

(would you believe I had the exact same idea? Admittedly, he uses the S16 Spy hair for big fancy 3-D glasses and mine has no popcorn, but the use of the Simpsons cup is spot on!).

Really? That sounds like a neat idea. I hope you'll post it

I love the Elf Girl, Hero, and Teacher. The Hero's shield really should have been included with the Battle Goddess, seeing as that's Athena's and all.

According to the myth, Perseus had the shield borrowed from Athena. That's why I included it :classic:

Zeus gave him his sword (that's why it has special printing), the helmet was Hades' (I wanted the helm to have a slightly sinister look) and Hermes gave him his winged sandals. It can't be seen in that drawing, but the Mythological Hero is supposed to have side printing in the legs showing wings in the sandals

These look great! Does the Elf Girl's Christmas List have actual words on it, or is it just gibberish lines?

I like all of these a lot. But for some reason, the Christmas List intrigues me...

Hahahah I wonder why :wink:

You know.... I don't remember. I'll check the file.

I made the Holiday Elf Girl some months ago. I'm not sure but I think those are the names of the sets from the first wave of Nexo Kinghts

Edited by Robert8

And Here come the Bios:

Archer:

Bullseye!

The archer is the master of the crossbow, he can solve any problem with a precicely aimed shot. Some folk even say his arrows never miss, and he could shoot an apple of a minifig's head, from 100 studs away, but the Archer himself says, that he could do it but will never do, because it's too dangerous.

Holiday Elf Girl:

Oh, how do I envy these kids, these toys are so nice...

Holiday Elf Girl, just like her male counterpart work at Santa's Workshop every year, to bring toys and presents to children all over the world, but, as jolly as she is, she's also a little bit jealous about all the toys she have made, which will go to some random kids. She also would like to have a toy, at least one little doll, but she only can make toys for those who wrote a letter to Santa, so she decided to trick the system and wrote a letter herself. Now, she just can't wait till holiday, to see if it worked, although it came to her notice, that she was ordered to make a plush bunny, just like one she always wanted to have...

Rodeo Clown:

YEEEHAW! Who wants to be a cowboy, if you can be a Clown!

The rodeo clown may seem like a silly doofus, with his oversized boots and hat, but in fact he's a truly professional stuntsman and caballiero extraordinaire. Why is he just a clown, and not a real cowboy then, you ask? The answer is simple: he always wanted to be a clown, and entertain folks at the rodeo with his crazy antics. He just likes it like that, and who are we to judge?

Droid:

I am a droid, not a robot, not an android, not a Cyborg but DROID!

The newest creation of Robotics Engineer, the Droid is a versatile machine with state of art AI, and many gadgets hidden inside his shiny hull. Although, the droid is a stickler for robotic semantics and terminology, he always needs to point out that he's in fact, a droid, and not some other form of mechanical being, even though he really don't know what the difference really is.

Cinephile:

Whoa, look at that shot, it perfectly works here, and the lighting is spot on!

Cinephile is a true conneseur of motion picture. You can always see him in the theatre, munching on his popcorn, and commenting how good the movie is, or writing film reviews on his blog at home. He loves all the movie genres, Action, Comedy, Romantic, Dramas, Sci-Fi, Animation, you name it. He also knows everything about the cinematography, from history of the moving pictures, to how a 3D projector works, to the inner politics of Hollywood. He even met the Hollywood Starlet herself, and his treasured posession is the Piece of Resistance movie prop, signed by Emmet and Wyldstyle!

Paranormal Investigator:

The truth is out there, somewhere...

The Paranormal Investigator wants to believe, that we are not alone in the universe. And considering the sheer number of LEGO Space themes, he sure is right, yet no one believes him. During his career in investigation bureau, he solved the most bizzare cases, and unearthed many conspiracies. He revealed Evil Wizard of Fantasy Era being the ancestor of the infamous villain Ogel, he discovered that Basil the Batlord was a vampire, he found the long lost themes and sets that never seen the light of the day, and yet, he never saw any alien, or even a glimpse of a flying saucer, but he won't give up in his mission.

Aztec Princess

You want my father's gold? Then come and get it!

Beautiful Aztec Princess is not your typical maiden in distress, oh, no, in fact, she is the one, who causes distress to anyone who would dare to attack her father King Montezuma's kingdom. She in fact is the leader and commander of the fiercest Aztec Warriors. Whenever she appears in her full battle-dress and spear in hand, she strikes fear in the hearts of even the most greedy conquistadors.

Lake Fisherman:

I'm a simple guy, I like fishing, cause It's so relax... ing... zzzzz...

Where's a lake full of fish, you know, that the Lake Fisherman will be there. Standing on a pier, or sitting in a boat, trusty rod in hand, and his eyes plastered at the bobber. Unfortunately, the monotonous swinging of the boat, calm sounds of the nature, and total serenity of the lakeside make this fig zone out. While sleeping, the Lake fisherman is dreaming of... Fishing in the lake, which in turn make him fall asleep in a dream and so on. But in his dreams within dreams within dreams he is catching really huge fish, and when he wakes up completely, it turn out that the fish he dreamed of is now unexplainally flailing at his feet.

Mardi Gras King:

Long live the Mardi Gras! Long live Me, the King!

It's no suprise Mardi Gras King loves Mardi Gras, the celebrations, the parades, the masquerades, and he always gets chosen as the king. Every single year in in New Orlegoans, he wins the royal election. Why? No one knows, maybe it's because he looks great in green and purple? Or maybe it's because he has something of royality in him? Or maybe, just maybe, he has the most fun during the celebration. Even the King himself doesn't know, but that doesn't stop him from being the master of ceremony, and rounding up minifigs of all ages to join the party.

Gondolier

O Leeeeeeeegoooo Miooooo, Sta in frooonta Meeeee...

When he was just a young lad, The Gondolier was diagnosed with a weird condition: instead of talking normally, he communicates in operatic voice singing, if you ask him the time, he'll sing you a whole aria about how it's half past ten. Because of that, he couldn't find any job, except in the Opera, and as a Gondolier in Venice. He chose the second option, because, quite frankly he doesn't like public performances.

Rapper Girl

Yo Homie, don't piss me off, or I'll diss you off!

Rapper girl is a one tough gal. She have always dreamt of being the biggest and the baddest gangsta in da hood, so she decided to achieve her goal, by battling other rappers, using witty responses, perfect rhyming and timing, and the nastiest disses her mic could handle. And she did that while almost never using any dirty or cuss word, after all, she's a young lady from well mannered house...

Mythological Hero

Sigh, why can't people and monsters get together?

This legendary warrior has made name of himself, by travelling whole antique world, and having adventures so epic, and so numerous you couldn't include them in one short minifig description. Yet, the mythological Hero never, ever, killed a man... or monster. The Gorgon's head on his shield is just a print, in fact he was giving the Gorgon hairstyling lessons, he also had a dinner with the Cyclops family, and helped Minotaur to trim his hedge maze. The hero is in fact a pacifist, and belives, that people and mythological monsters can be friends, and live in harmony.

Cannonball Man:

Hold on a second, I'll be right there... KA-BOOM!

Cannonball Man started as a stuntsman in the LEGO circus. He soon realized, that shooting yourself from a huge cannon is the most efficient way of traveling, all you need is some gunpowder, and good aiming skills. Since then, the Cannonball Man decided to go everywhere using Cannon, he shoots himself to work, to the park, on vacation, to his grandma's house, literraly everywhere.

Teacher:

Ok children, now, if a single brick is 3 tiles high, and you have built a 45 brick tall tower, what was the first Lego Castle built?

The teacher has a vast knowledge of many scientific fields, and her goal is to past that knowledge to the next generations of minifigures, so they can be anything they want in the future. And since she's teaching everything from Math to Social Sciences, she gets a little mixed up which class she's actually giving. But still, her students love her, because she can past knowledge in an easy and interesting way, and she never gives bad grades.

Refferee

Hold it! That was a fault, I guess...

The refferee never was a fan of any sport, he became a refferee, because all his ancestors were refferees. He doesn't know, or even care about the game rules, and depends on other refferees. Clearly, he's not good at his job, but what he's really good at, are video games. His greatest dream is to become an E-sport Refferee, so he could combine his family tradition, and his passion.

Scarecrow Lady

Well, this is embarassing...

You might think that this is a brand new minifigure, but at closer inspection you realize, that under those pink overalls and cute hat, hides a familliar face of series 11 Scarecrow. Apparently, the farmer's daughter wanted to play dress-up with him, putting him in a girly outfit. Naturally, the scarecrow wasn't very happy about it, but as dedicated to his job he was, he stood perfectly still, as he always did, and patiently waited for the farmer's daughter to put his makeup. And now he's stuck with his, or rather her new look, a poor victim of little country fashionista...

Edited by Eggyslav

According to the myth, Perseus had the shield borrowed from Athena. That's why I included it :classic:

I get it. But the mythological nerd in me has to point out that Athena placed Medusa's head in the shield after said Gorgon was killed and the shield was returned. No problem, though, as it's still a great detail, and it really should have been done by LEGO.

Holy Guacamole, these are fantastic!!!

I would love to buy multiples of the historic ones, and even some of the city/other themes for the parts/prints.

Excellente job. :classic:

Second wave is as good as the first. Seriously, Lego should buy the designs off of you and implement them! I love, love, LOVE the Cannonball Man! He would be such a great addition to the circus I want to create! The Lady Scarecrow is cute, and I also really like the Teacher, the Rodeo Clown, the Lake Fisherman and the Archer. Nice work!