Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Thank you Eggslav for those bios! The Paranormal Investigator's bio is spot on!

About the Cinephile's bio. The Cinephile shirt had the S9 Hollywood Starlet face in Andy Warhol style but I changed it. So, you're right about that!

Loved the Rapper Girl's bio and the Gondolier's quote. The Cannonball Man's sounds exactly like the official CMF bios. Good job!

These are pretty cool, would be a good series, Love the Giraffe. did you use a template for these?

The only template I use is the minifigure shape. I draw the rest

-----

@Actor Builder: the Christmas List in the 2x2 tile is actually the names of some of my minifigures: Puppeteer, Baker, Valkyrie, Prince Charming, Paranormal Investigator, Rapper Girl, Giraffe Suit Guy, Witch Doctor, Mardi Gras King, Gymnast, etc...

Edited by Robert8

Thank you Robert, as always, it was fun to write them down, the Paranormal Investigator is my favourite, he obviously was based on Fox Mulder from the X Files, so I just HAD to include the "I want to believe" reference right in the beginning, and I also referenced my own Basil the Bat theory. Also I liked the Idea of Lady Scarecrow being actually being the series 11 Scarecrow, so I decided to go with that. The Lake Fisherman and the Droid where the most difficult to give them bios, because as awesome as they are (I love the Droid) they were pretty generic. For Droid, Iwas just thinking, what is actually the difference between Droids and other Robots, and I got nothing, other than it's just a fancy term for Robots in Star Wars universe, but I didn't want to reference SW at all, since he didn't even remotely resembled the droids we know and love from Galaxy Far, far Away. As for the Fisherman, at first I wanted to go with Ron Swanson references, thus the "I'm a simple guy..." quote, but then I came up with the Dream within Dream Inception sillyness, and I went with that.

Edited by Eggyslav

I LOVE the Paranormal Investigator. Reminds me of Mulder from the X Files. looks like him too. He's my favorite. I also really like the Aztec Princess. The headgear is impressive. The Cinephile, Rapper Girl & Teacher i like a lot too.

Really impressed with your Series B. I'm glad your doing this. Your designs are keeping me very happy specially because there isn't much news about the other series the LEGO is going to release. I hope a Series C is in the works :grin: Good Job.

Those are great! :thumbup: I like them all except for the Troll. When talking about a troll, I expect something big (like Warcraft style trolls or Elder Scrolls style trolls) or even oversized (like Norse mythology style trolls, LotR style trolls or Lego Fantasy Era trolls), so this looks more like a troll baby to me :classic: But the others are awesome! I particularly liked Southern Businessman, and the little robot of Robotics Engineer is so cute :wub: Piper is great as well, I'd get a bunch of him, as he has a lot of useful pieces for civillians for Castle MOCs.

As for your second wave, or rather, Series B, I should say that I like this one better than Series A. Holiday Elf GÄ°rl is too cute to be anything other than my favourite, new rabbit doll piece is really well done, and the letter to santa is brilliant! Paranormal Investigator is another great idea, I like how you used minifigures from earlier series on his investigation file. Lake Fisherman and Archer are also great, that big fish and new quiver pieces look useful. I'd probably buy several of them for the same reason as Series A Piper. :laugh:

Edited by Sorrelon

Another great series! I love the many female-counterparts, the scarecrowess is supercute! :wub:

Thank you for your comments again! I'm suprised to see so much love for the Paranormal Investigator :classic:

The Lake Fisherman and the Droid where the most difficult to give them bios, because as awesome as they are (I love the Droid) they were pretty generic. For Droid, Iwas just thinking, what is actually the difference between Droids and other Robots, and I got nothing, other than it's just a fancy term for Robots in Star Wars universe, but I didn't want to reference SW at all, since he didn't even remotely resembled the droids we know and love from Galaxy Far, far Away.

The Droid's original name was actually Battle Droid, but I found out about those robots in SW (I'm not a fan of Star Wars, and I know nothing about it... don't kill me please :grin: ), so I changed it.

And, yes, a Droid is just another name for a robot, but robot was already taken so, ..... :laugh:

I hope a Series C is in the works :grin: Good Job.

Yes, it is :classic: I'm working on the Grave Digger right now

Hi,I'm new.
Also,those minifigures are awesome.
Everything is awesome.
I love the Paranormal Investigator.

Hi

Welcome. Glad you liked them! :classic:

Edited by Robert8

So I have 3 full series down, and I'm working on a fourth, but I can't do anything with them 'cause I don't have a computer with Adobe Illustrator. Or any other good art program. Think I should try drawing them by hand?

So I have 3 full series down, and I'm working on a fourth, but I can't do anything with them 'cause I don't have a computer with Adobe Illustrator. Or any other good art program. Think I should try drawing them by hand?

If your name is any indicator of freehand drawing skills, I'd say you're better off with non-digital art anyway.

If your name is any indicator of freehand drawing skills, I'd say you're better off with non-digital art anyway.

I do have a DeviantArt, though it's not very good. I'll see what I can come up with for these.

Thank you for your comments again! I'm suprised to see so much love for the Paranormal Investigator :classic:

Yes, it is :classic: I'm working on the Grave Digger right now

The Paranormal is my favorite of the series.

And I love the idea of a Grave Digger. Spooky.

I love your second series, Robert! Favorite has to be the human cannonball, but really they are all amazing. Look forward to series 3, and the grave digger...

I think you should go with whatever works better for you. If you think that they would look better by drawing them by hand, then go for it. I'm not an expert on the matter so I can't really say much abouit it but I think that depends on the effect to want to give to your drawings

Personally I can't drawing them by hand because all of them would look like this

28064766376_afffcbc640_o.png
:laugh:

Anyway, Adobe is not the only software you can use for this, you could also try one of these

My custom series is ready as well ;)
(If I may advertise here)

Sure! :thumbup:

I love your second series, Robert! Favorite has to be the human cannonball

Thanks! :classic: That one was kind of rushed because he originally looked like this

kirk_ferentz_human_cannonball.JPG

But I thought he would be way too similar to the S7 Daredevil, so I changed him for an old circus styled character at last minute

Edited by Robert8

A lot of great characters with potential to becoming official releases in my opinion such as the Holiday Elf Girl and Rapper Girl seeing how LEGO likes making companions to previously released ones. The troll is one I would need to acquire a bunch of obviously. Haha. Science fiction or fantasy personas are a must for me so the Galactic Traveler and Droid are a win.

A lot of great characters with potential to becoming official releases in my opinion such as the Holiday Elf Girl and Rapper Girl seeing how LEGO likes making companions to previously released ones. The troll is one I would need to acquire a bunch of obviously. Haha. Science fiction or fantasy personas are a must for me so the Galactic Traveler and Droid are a win.

I really love that design!

My son asked when these minifigs were coming out.... Nice work!

Aww. Sadly, never. :sceptic:

But please tell him that I'm glad he likes them :classic:

How is Series '3' coming along, Robert??!! ;-)

I've been very busy with real life stuff :sceptic: but I'm going to post it next week. :classic:

Edited by Robert8

Can't wait for series 3!

EDIT: I love the look of that bearded lady! (I assume that's what it is.)

The new banner *oh2*:grin_wub: Is that the Bearded Lady?

Yes.

The Bearded Woman :classic:

Edited by Robert8