Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I must say, the turnout and response from EB for this Series seems a bit more underwhelming than it has with previous Series. :look:

Well, a couple of people already told me something liket that

I thnink that when people come, see what I posted and leave without leaving a comment, that's a comment on itselt, right? It means that what they saw wasn'y worthy of a post. It means that this Series was like poor in terms of quality and novelty and it's just not interesting, and I just have to work harder on the next one

Or maybe I already went too far with this and it's time to stop. 

But I appreciate when people say something so I appreciate that you always share your thoughts with us :classic:

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I thnink that when people come, see what I posted and leave without leaving a comment, that's a comment on itselt, right? It means that what they saw wasn'y worthy of a post. It means that this Series was like poor in terms of quality and novelty and it's just not interesting, and I just have to work harder on the next one

Or maybe I already went too far with this and it's time to stop. 

I mean, the more devoted regulars have turned out, but I'm wondering if it's rather escaping everyone else attention instead. :shrug_confused:

I forget, has this topic ever been frontpaged before? If it has already, could it be frontpaged again? Can select posts from within a topic be frontpaged @WhiteFang?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I mean, the more devoted regulars have turned out, but I'm wondering if it's rather escaping everyone else attention instead. :shrug_confused:

I forget, has this topic ever been frontpaged before? If it has already, could it be frontpaged again? Can select posts from within a topic be frontpaged @WhiteFang?

Thanks for your concern but I dont like to bother the mods with this. Thats why I dont do it.  

Look, if people come and dont leave a post, its ok. I get this is not interesting for most of the people because these are just drawings that will never become real.

If there are comments to read, its great but if not, its ok :classic:

On 4/1/2019 at 5:16 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW, for as much as I enthusiastically L-O-V-E your Adventurer design, one very tiny complaint I have about it is the color of his kerchief. Given how much brown he already has as a part of his color scheme, a contrasting color such as Olive Green or Dark Red for it instead could've helped. :shrug_oh_well:

You know, other colors such as White, Yellow or even Navy Blue could work as well.

The only reason that I didn’t comment is because I didn’t see these until now.

they look great! 

Lochness monster is my favorite.

I've got to say, this series is probably tied with Series K as my favorite series of yours! My favorites are definitely the snowman, circus acrobat, valkyrie, southern belle, kite flyer, and actor! Fantastic work as always @Robert8!!!

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Look, if people come and dont leave a post, its ok. I get this is not interesting for most of the people because these are just drawings that will never become real.

If there are comments to read, its great but if not, its ok :classic:

Alright, I understand, though I still do sincerely hope that your work influences TLG and other fans alike in some way, perhaps even propagating an increase in the output of further non-licensed CMFs in both official products and fan art! :sweet: I mean, regarding the latter, there are not many CMF fan artists who render original archetype designs outside of your own work, as most of them take the licensed route. :def_shrug:

On 4/2/2019 at 6:38 PM, Karalora said:

I'm sure I've said this before, @Robert8, but I wish you were in charge of the actual collectible minis.*

Thanks glad you liked them. That would be a dream job for sure

17 hours ago, JGuy said:

I've got to say, this series is probably tied with Series K as my favorite series of yours! My favorites are definitely the snowman, circus acrobat, valkyrie, southern belle, kite flyer, and actor! Fantastic work as always @Robert8!!!

Thank you so much

17 hours ago, 1Panda said:

They look great! 

Lochness monster is my favorite.

Thanks. Glad you liked them

On 11/2/2016 at 4:44 PM, Yooha said:

Hi,

I thought it would be great to see some of these wonderful ideas in 3D, so with the permission of Robert8, I made a few minifigs with LDD.

Since there are many new molds here, I was restricted to the ones with already existing molds, or those where I could "change" some of the molds with some Photoshop magic. :classic:

Let's start with Series A

Galactic Traveler

30102538974_e54a03ee39_o.png

Mime Girl

30434289090_60309bc44e_o.png

Organ Grinder

30697993916_6496f32735_o.png

Piper

30434289050_1bed41c75f_o.png

Southern Businessman

30697993696_b71b0cf111_o.png

It would be really great if you made also 3D versions for Ashnflash's and just2good's series.

On 2/9/2017 at 2:40 AM, Ashnflash said:

Wow you honestly never cease to amaze me! These are amazing quality and thought put into every single figure.

Yes, but you can do it, too.

Hey Roberto! Would you ever consider making a licensed theme CMFS? A few suggestions that I have include: Star Wars, Jurassic World, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones and more!

On 4/11/2019 at 2:39 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

He has done one licensed CMF draft as a commission for the YouTube channel Brother From Another Brick:wink:

The NFL isn't an official LEGO license though! Although I think the NFL is pretty awesome!

Edited by LuxorV
Please, do not quote videos. Thank you.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:30 AM, Soupperson1 said:

Shouldn’t the Loch Ness monster guy be a girl, Nessie is female after all :wink:

What?

I've never heard of that *oh2*

Yeah I do have Prom King and Prom Queen listed, the problem is all the series up to Series Z are already full. I need more letters :laugh:

44 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah I do have Prom King and Prom Queen listed, the problem is all the series up to Series Z are already full. I need more letters :laugh:

Hmmmm, perhaps try Roman Numerals after Series Z? :shrug_confused:

Roberto, you could have done more with the Spanish Alphabet: Image result for spanish alphabet                                                                                                    With this complete Spanish Alphabet, you get a chance to create 3 extra minifigure series!

Edited by Drew15

I am using the spanish alphabet, as Im a native speaker of the language. 'Ch' and 'll' are not longer letters. Those were removed like 20 years ago. That pic  outdated. :laugh:

But with the all the series, the advent calendar and another idea I have in mind, there will be around 500 ideas. I think thats more than enough. :laugh:

55 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But with the all the series, the advent calendar and another idea I have in mind, there will be around 500 ideas.

Oooooh, another idea eh? How tantalizing... :oh: ...perhaps it'll be a City-style People Pack, maybe? :shrug_oh_well:

On 4/3/2019 at 5:57 PM, Robert8 said:

I think that when people come, see what I posted and leave without leaving a comment, that's a comment on itself, right? It means that what they saw wasn't worthy of a post.

Well, I haven't commented on every series you've made but they've all been great. Maybe you're getting less comments cause people are in awe of your work and don't know how to put their appreciation into words, either way I like'em keep up the good work :sweet:.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I really love the Ghoul and Valkyrie, those are the two best in this series in my opinion.  That Valkyrie is just killer, I would love an army of those.    Alot of the other designs are really good just not my cup of tea.  I do like the writer, the snowman, and the card guard.  You do great work can't wait for the rest.  I really hope lego asks you for your Valkyrie design that would be great to see in a CMF.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:10 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Well, I haven't commented on every series you've made but they've all been great. Maybe you're getting less comments cause people are in awe of your work and don't know how to put their appreciation into words, either way I like'em keep up the good work :sweet:.

That sounds better. Lets go with that. Thank you!

On 5/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, zoth33 said:

I really love the Ghoul and Valkyrie, those are the two best in this series in my opinion.  That Valkyrie is just killer, I would love an army of those.    Alot of the other designs are really good just not my cup of tea.  I do like the writer, the snowman, and the card guard.  You do great work can't wait for the rest.  I really hope lego asks you for your Valkyrie design that would be great to see in a CMF.

Thanks. Glad you liked them! The Valkyrie is one of my favorites as well