Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Great stuff! The gymnast and the harpist are my favourites.

I'm working on a series myself also and it is good to see how many possibilites still are in this series: there is only one semi-overlap with you series and mine.

Edited by Yooha

Also, I know I already posted here, but how did you make these drawings? I've got a few figs of my own I wish to share with the world, and I don't think a few penciled chicken scratches will cut it.

Glad you liked the mini robot :laugh:

But be careful.... He includes a not so-friendly extra head, as shown in the group pic :look:

You'll see that baby piece again reused in a lot of different ways :classic:

Great stuff! The gymnast and the harpist are my favourites.
I'm working on a series myself also and it is good to see how many possibilites still are in this series: there is only one semi-overlap with you series and mine.

Ohh really? Cool!

Given how cool your advent calendars are, I bet they'll look awesome

Also, I know I already posted here, but how did you make these drawings? I've got a few figs of my own I wish to share with the world, and I don't think a few penciled chicken scratches will cut it.

PM sent

Edited by Robert8

All of the ones with musical instruments--crier, piper, harpist, organ grinder--would be an instant buy for me, possibly in multiples. Not just because of the instruments (although that's part of it), but also because they are all just really well done. :thumbup:

After that would be Colonel Sanders (perfect and so reusable :wub:) and maybe the troll, depending on how it turned out. I like the concept, but not really the design as it currently stands.

I know someone has already asked but could you pm how you have made these? Because I am working on not a minifig series but a custom theme that will never be produced.

Edited by LegoMcBoss2004

Thanks for the support everyone! :classic: Second wave is on its way! :classic:

You need to put this on lego ideas :)

CMF series are not allowed on LEGO Ideas, especially because LEGO Ideas sets don't introduce new molds.

And these wouldn't get the 10000 supporters anyway :grin:

By the way, your hairpieces catalog thread has been very useful to me for these. Thanks :wink:

I know someone has already asked but could you pm how you have made these? Because I am working on not a minifig series but a custom theme that will never be produced.

PM sent.

And your "minifigure heads" compilation thread is being very useful as well. :wink:

Edited by Robert8

I've got inspired to do some bios for your minifigs, tell me how you like them:

Gymnast:

No one can move like me!

The gymnast is the most acrobatic minifigure in Lego universe, she can fit into spaces smaller than four studs wide, and contort her body in imposible ways, some say she can even bend her limbs in elbows and knees! She is also very skilled with tight-rope and hula hoop, no wonder she's the biggest attraction in the Lego circus.

Town Cryer

Hear Ye, Hear ye!

Before Internet, there were newspapers. And before newspapers there were Town Criers. This Minifig continues the traditions of this noble profession. Everyday, he puts on his snazzy colonial outfit and tricorne hat, and with his trusty bell, he announces the King's decrees, news, and local gossip on the streets of Brickburg. Even though Brickburg is a modern town and everyone know what's going on from the news feed in their mobile apps, the Town Cryer believes in his mission.

Crossing Guard

Stop! Minifigures are walking here!

Lego City is full of vehicles, speeding along the road, and giving pedestrian minifigs hard time when crossing the street. Luckilly, Crossing Guard is there to help them. This selfless fellow will do anything to warrant traffic safety to minifigs of all ages, from schoolchildren to any feeble old lady wanting to cross. Not only that, but the Crossing guard helps animals as well. He's maybe the only one who knows why did the chicken cross the road...

Harpist

Thank you, Thank you. And now I shall play "Through Fire and Flame", for Harp...

A great musician and world class virtuoso, the Harpist have amassed many fans, and performed at the most prestigious music halls in the world. Yet, the classical repertoire quickly bored her, so she decided to arrange for harp works from other genres, like Jazz, Pop and even Heavy Metal! Since then many fellow minifig musicians asked for collaboration. Currently, she's working on her new album "Strings of Anarchy", featuring Punk Pocker and Rocker Girl.

Galactic Traveler

Tally Ho, Lads! Let's get this ol' rocket for a ride beyond the final frontier!

Unlike these other super futuristic interstellar rapscalions, the Galactic Traveler likes to stick to the good old traditions of space travel. Donning his bubble helmet and retro raygun, this rugged minifig had many adventures back in the days of catode lamp computers, airtube communication systems and spandex jumpsuits. But nowdays, every technology he knew and considered to be next gen, is now laughably obsolete, and replaced with digital AI systems, super advanced bionics and cybernetics, and holograms, lots and lots of holograms. But still, he's a really brave minifig, and looking for new adventures, even though his ship doesn't have hyperspace drive, and his onboard computer every now and then needs to have it's tape reels changed, he somehow always can outsmart his more technologically advanced foes.

Southern Businessman

Livin' off the Land is Livin' Large. Ain't that right, Pardner?

Southern Businessman is the owner of the biggest ranch south of Fort Legoredo. In fact, he's the owner of everything what is the biggest in the wild west: biggest land, biggest mansion, biggest cattle herd, biggest horse, biggest gold-plated guns, biggest hat, biggest moustache, you get the idea. Every day, he wakes up from the biggest bed, takes a bath in the biggest bathtub, dresses up in the biggest wardrobe, eats the biggest bowl of cereal, while drinking coffee from the biggest cup, and then he sits in the biggest chair by the biggest table in his biggest office, and plots how to make big, BIG money. Did I mention he has obsession about big stuff?

Mime Girl

.....................................................................................................

Like her male counterpart, Mime Girl never ushers a word from her mouth, and communicates solely in gestures and grimaces. However, she's somehow more expressive while doing so, her impressions and routines almost feel real. That one time she nearly suffocated, while putting herself in an invisible box. From now on, she tries to control her Mime powers, and she's making great progress, lately she only tumbled once from imaginary strong wind.

Troll

Me Troll, You Mad?

The ugly, brutish troll lived peacefully, being mostly harmless, just harrasing from time to time some unlucky travelers who tried to cross his bridge, but all of that changed, when the Troll discovered something called the Internet. Since that day, all hell broke loose in the World Wide Web, the mischevious Troll went from forum to forum, posting nonsense gibberish, spamming emoticons, and insulting other forum members, and the more angry replies he got, the stronger he felt. The moderators an admins valiantly fought the pesky creature online, but when they banned him from one site, he showed up on the other. If you ever be annoyed by a Troll in the web, remember that this guy lives a lonely life under the bridge, and he just wants your attention.

Lifesaver Guy

Who wants to go swimming?

Lifesaver Guy just loves water, in the summertime he spends all day at the beach, joyfully splashing and frolicking in the sea, and it wouldn't be weird if not for one fact: HE. CAN'T. SWIM. That's right, if it wasn't for his yellow lifesaver, he would sink like a brick, and by that i don't mean Lego brick, but a literal one. This is why he never takes off his inflatable duck buddy, even if the water level is at his ankles, but now that he's taking swimming lessons at the Lego City Community Pool, with alot of determination, and many Lifesguard's interventions, he's trying his best to stay afloat without any help.

Puppeteer

Hahaha, and you thought you're in control?

Don't be fooled by these colourful puppets and squeaky voices he makes, the Puppeteer is a true evil Mastermind, disguised as a wandering one-man theater. Just before you know it, the Pupeteer will bedazzle you, then manipulate you, and in the end you'll become a mindless dummy. And it will be him, who'll be pulling the strings. Some even say, that all of Puppeteer's puppets are representing his former victims. Some even say that the puppets ARE his victims, turned into dolls by dark magic. Or maybe he's just a harmless street performer, entertaining both young and old.

Skydiver Girl

Here I go! WEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Skydiver Girl have had many rises and falls, quite literally. Unlike her friend the Skydiver, she never linger, and the moment the plane's door open, she's rushing to jump, just like that. Many times in her adrenaline rush she nearly forgot to put on her parachute, but luckilly others stopped hr at time. Her life philosophy is to not waste time on anything, and to get to action as fast as possible.

Architect

No, no, no, no, Red 2x4 brick goes here, and this tile goes here!

You might have thought, that all the Lego buildings are conceptualized by professional designers back in Billund, Denmark, but the truth is, that behind every castle, house, or police station you have built, stands this minifigure. The Architect is an expert in her line of work, every detail, every brick placement is meticulously planned, and dictated by her.

Girraffe Guy:

It's not easy, being that tall...

Girraffe Guy likes Giraffes, so he dresses like one. And that's all you can say about him. Other than that he has a hard time everytime he tries to pass through doorways.

Organ Grinder

No, bad monkey, don't throw that!

Taking a stroll through the Lego City Park, it's hard not to hear the jolly Organ Grinder, playing his instrument. And it's harder not to laugh from the antics of his pet monkey, dancing and jumping around in a silly costume. But beware, for as hilarious and cute the primate might be, it is also a mischevious little beast. The Grinder bought it from an old pirate, and tried to tame the monkey, so it would behave, but to no avail. Oh, well, just enjoy the music, and keep an eye on your wallet and jewellery.

Piper

Why do I have this feeling, like I'm being followed?

No one knows from where the Piper came from, or who he is, but one thing is certain: He's an expert in vermin extermination, whether it's mice, rats, voles, locust or even frogs, that are plagueing your kingdom, the crafty Piper is here, with his trusty magic flute, to lure the nasty creatures out of the city walls. Just remember to pay him, I heard Piper's music also works on children of ungrateful, greedy townsfolk...

Robotics Engineer

Legobot, Initiate Make_me_a_Sandwich Protocole.

Robotics Engineer built and programmed prototype models of all Collectable Minifigures Robots, Mechas, and Androids. Most of his creations are obedient mechanical friends and servants, but some turned evil, due to inevitable bugs and errors in the programming. that's why he coined 3 Laws of Mindstorms programing:

• A robot may not injure a minifigure or, through inaction, allow a minifigure to come to harm.
  • A robot must obey the orders given it by minifigures except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Hey Eggyslave those bios are amazing! Loved them! Thanks mate!

Actually, I had some ideas for bios but I never wrote them. The Puppeteer and the Skydiver Girl's are really close to what I had in mind :)

It's EggySLAV, not slave. Or just call me Eggy. :wink:

Other than that, thanks, W may collab sometime, you'll draw the figs, and I'll write their bios... :grin:

I like the Scarecrow teaser, but I feel that she's (?) a bit too similar to the S11 Scarecrow. Perhaps the face could be a bit different, but I really like the idea.

I like the Scarecrow teaser, but I feel that she's (?) a bit too similar to the S11 Scarecrow. Perhaps the face could be a bit different, but I really like the idea.

I can see the argument for this, but I would like to recommend not making the face more "feminine", if you know what I mean. Perhaps a different expression might be nice, but please don't add lipstick or weird stuff that a scarecrow (Or robot or Cyclops), female or not, wouldn't wear.

I think it looks good right now, personally.

It might be fun to make it an "Evil" variation instead of a female one, or better yet: Do both! Make it an evil female scarecrow!

I can see the argument for this, but I would like to recommend not making the face more "feminine", if you know what I mean. Perhaps a different expression might be nice, but please don't add lipstick or weird stuff that a scarecrow (Or robot or Cyclops), female or not, wouldn't wear.

I think it looks good right now, personally.

It might be fun to make it an "Evil" variation instead of a female one, or better yet: Do both! Make it an evil female scarecrow!

Actually, do you mind if I borrow that evil scarecrow idea for one of my own series?

Thanks for pointing it out. This is what happened: I was originally planning to write bios for these. The Scarecrow Lady's bio would reveal that she was actually the S11 Scarecrow, who was transformed into a woman by the Farmer Girl. But since I changed the original line-up, now the Farmer Girl will come after the Scarecrow Lady and the original idea doesn't make sense anymore. Thanks for heads up. It's fixed now.

It's EggySLAV, not slave. Or just call me Eggy. :wink:

Other than that, thanks, W may collab sometime, you'll draw the figs, and I'll write their bios... :grin:

Oops Sorry mate! :blush:

And yes, of course, I'd love to see more bios for these

Don't worry! I have one! His name is Spooky Scarecrow and you'll see it eventually.

my own series

Cool! I'm always eager to see CMF related stuff

Edited by Robert8