Ideas for CMFs

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. Teaser on May 7th

Full Series Z on May 14th

And then...no more. :pir-bawling:

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. Teaser on May 7th

That’s exciting! I wish these could go on forever. It’s been very fun to follow over the years. 

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

That’s exciting! I wish these could go on forever. It’s been very fun to follow over the years. 

3 hours ago, Karalora said:

And then...no more. :pir-bawling:

Yeah... but it had to end at some point. I'm feeling sappy myself. Took me 6 years to complete, but I'm glad I was able to finish this project

After +500 ideas. It think that was enough, at least by me

Hopefully, someone else will take it from here and post regular series. 

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. Teaser on May 7th

That’s so exciting! 

This will be your final teaser. And of course, final full series.

Boy, it’s surely bitterseeet….

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah... but it had to end at some point. I'm feeling sappy myself. Took me 6 years to complete, but I'm glad I was able to finish this project

After +500 ideas. It think that was enough, at least by me

Hopefully, someone else will take it from here and post regular series. 

I know I can't expect it to continue forever, but...I have never seen anyone as prolific, creative, and competent at this as you are. In not just the concepts for the figures, but their designs and the execution of the images. They're just gorgeous in every way.

3 hours ago, Karalora said:

I know I can't expect it to continue forever, but...I have never seen anyone as prolific, creative, and competent at this as you are. In not just the concepts for the figures, but their designs and the execution of the images. They're just gorgeous in every way.

Completely agred. Robert8 does hav a great creativity and his desgins are full of charms. They are just wonderful!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I have watched this thread since the beginning, I always liked you concepts @Robert8, and feel sad it's going to end. However, amongst all this sadness, there is a wise saying out there that fits. It goes like this:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Thank you Robert8 for all you have created. I sincerely hope your creations inspire TLG, or maybe get you a job with them.

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

I have watched this thread since the beginning, I always liked you concepts @Robert8, and feel sad it's going to end. However, amongst all this sadness, there is a wise saying out there that fits. It goes like this:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Thank you Robert8 for all you have created. I sincerely hope your creations inspire TLG, or maybe get you a job with them.

Yes. Exactly. This is how I want to see Series Z: a celebration. Like a goob-bye party. 

This project took me a lot of time to complete. The last thing I want is to end it in a sad note

I think in a way I am glad this is coming to an end, as it always annoys me that @Robert8 's designs don't exist in actual Lego form!! :tongue:

21 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

I think in a way I am glad this is coming to an end, as it always annoys me that @Robert8 's designs don't exist in actual Lego form!! :tongue:

I feel you. I have an album on my phone of my favorites from this project, and I’ve looked at them enough that I sometimes forget that some of them don’t exist, and I’m mad about it. 

Looking at you, Series C Dragon Trainer. 

Great interview, Roberto! I don't think you give yourself enough credit though. I myself do have a degree in design, and have worked with many, many others that do too. Your work shows a grasp on both the conceptual and practical application of design that many pros I know would struggle to match.

You may not have the personal goal of working for TLG, but I selfishly would love to see that happen, just because I know it would lead to a basically limitless pool of fantastic minifigs.

Enjoy the break from this passion project, but I hope your passions lead to something else that lets you express this level of quality entertainment for folks like me. :)

Enjoyable read! I've been following your amazing project in the background and find especially some of your fantasy characters breathtaking! 

Isaiah: How can we get you into the LEGO CMF design team?!

Roberto: There is no way. I'm not a professional graphic designer and I really doubt they'd hire an amateur. Also, there are lots of people who are a lot better than me and actually have a degree in graphic design. I have a couple of names I'd really like to see getting a job there. I'm sure they'd be great at it, and I'd be the first one to buy whatever they come up with!

I don't know your whole motivation, but I'll make this a general advice (and not just to you): if the "other people are more qualified" argument is stopping you, know this: what other people can or may do is irrelevant! Stand for what YOU want to do, and grab your OWN opportunities! True, businesses will look at your qualifications, but creative businesses also look at portfolios. Their job is to get talented people on their team, just saying! :wink:

Cheers! 

I just noticed a strange coincidental(?) similarity between your favourite series: Both series F and 6 have a white colourscheme. AND they both feature a Celtic themed minifig!

16 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

I just noticed a strange coincidental(?) similarity between your favourite series: Both series F and 6 have a white colourscheme. AND they both feature a Celtic themed minifig!

And there is a genie in both!

Yes and no

Because Series 6 is my favorite I usually use it as a blueprint (if that makes sense). Like a checklist of the diversity, collectability, appeal and uniqueness of characters to be included in a given custom series

I am looking forward to your ... sniff ... last series, Robert. It's been a helluva ride. All good things must come to an end, but I'm still a little saddened you aren't finishing up the pantheon of Greek Gods. Still I will celebrate for what you have created for us, and dream pleasant dreams about some of these figures seeing the light of day one day.

I just want to add a very late note that I absolutely love that Goo Monster! Easily one of my top faves with what I have seen here!

Also, I'm glad to have returned just in time to witness the final series, looking forward to that :thumbup:

On 4/30/2022 at 11:38 PM, DarrellBricker said:

I am looking forward to your ... sniff ... last series, Robert. It's been a helluva ride. All good things must come to an end, but I'm still a little saddened you aren't finishing up the pantheon of Greek Gods. Still I will celebrate for what you have created for us, and dream pleasant dreams about some of these figures seeing the light of day one day.

Who’s missing from your *must-have* deity roster?