Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Man, these are all really great. Good to see a Mothman figure finally; I also called the Red Oni, but I was less certain about that one. The Sea Nymph is amazing, but I think my favorite is the Halfling. A whole bunch of useful molds and prints and a really well-done realization/reinvention of a classic fantasy archetype.

Good luck with what comes next, man! You're gonna rock it.

Man your Cmf are always so good! I wish Lego could learn something from your works. I mean so many great and unique designs, compared to lackluster series 19 and 20!

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks everyone for the comments to my latest series :purrr:

1. Well thank you

2. I love. It looks great :classic: I hope they will release on more colors

3. Hmmm I think that might happen.... It's hard to imagen a Poltergeist considering they are invisible most of the time

@Robert8Technically they are invisible in real life but look at fiction. Harry Potter had Peeves the Poltergeist:wink:

Edited by gryffindorbrickkid

Huh, I just realized only now that this Series hasn't a Food and/or Animal-themed costumed archetype... :oh: 

Nice... :thumbup: :smug:

40 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, I just realized only now that this Series hasn't a Food and/or Animal-themed costumed archetype... :oh: 

I was wondering why this series seemed to include more figures than usual! :grin:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

:enough:

8 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

I was wondering why this series seemed to include more figures than usual! :grin:

:enough::enough:

21 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Man, these are all really great. Good to see a Mothman figure finally; I also called the Red Oni, but I was less certain about that one. The Sea Nymph is amazing, but I think my favorite is the Halfling. A whole bunch of useful molds and prints and a really well-done realization/reinvention of a classic fantasy archetype.

Good luck with what comes next, man! You're gonna rock it.

Thanks :classic: I'm always looking forward to read your feedback

18 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Man your Cmf are always so good! I wish Lego could learn something from your works. I mean so many great and unique designs, compared to lackluster series 19 and 20!

Thank you. Like you, I hope Series 21 will be better than 19 and 20

On 4/1/2020 at 4:08 PM, DarrellBricker said:

I'm just blown away by this series, so much to love! If I could get the Sea Nymph, Vampire Boy, Mothman, Oni, Fashion Designer, Halfling and Violinist in my hot little hands now, I'd be a happy collector. And that Zulu Warrior and Bell Ringer are so awesome as well. I would get every single figure there, not a dud in sight. You never cease to amaze ... Thank you for sharing!

AND I almost forgot, that Shar Pei!!!! My favorite dog. I feel like Gollum. I wants it! I needs it! MY PRECIOUS!

Thank you Darrell :classic:

On 4/1/2020 at 2:15 AM, Robert8 said:

Love that Sea Nymph! The hair piece is perfect.

Also if your Nessie ever made it into a real fig, it’d probably be my favorite minifig

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

:enough::enough::enough:

Haha. Now you need to go back again and reread my comment where I praise this series! Costumes were never my favorite I guess.

In all seriousness, I appreciate that the costumes you put out are more creative then what we get from tlg. Clocktower man and Nessie with the snorkel immediately comes to mind, while in recent Series 20 what we got was... a peapod... a llama... and a recolored brick. 

12 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

In all seriousness, I appreciate that the costumes you put out are more creative then what we get from tlg. Clocktower man and Nessie with the snorkel immediately comes to mind, while in recent Series 20 what we got was... a peapod... a llama... and a recolored brick. 

Oh yes, Nessie's an exceptionally brilliant one; and similar to Clocktower Man, I do have a soft spot for Series P's Matching Costume Dad... :thumbup: :blush:

48370275872_ed02676ab5_o.png

Ok, so here's how I would do a LEGO Marvel CMF series. While I love regular, non-licensed CMF series, I think it's good that we get a licensed CMF series, and this way, we can get figures that we wouldn't ever get in normal sets.

Hawkeye (Classic Pink/Purple and Blue): Accessories: A quiver and a bow and arrow

Spider-Man (Far From Home Suit): Accessories: a few different web pieces

Wolverine (Classic Blue and Yellow Suit): Accessories: Claws

Captain America (Winter Solider Stealth Suit): Accessories: Blue and White Shield and Tan Hair Piece

Iron Man (Classic Stealth Suit): Accessories: Power Blast Pieces (side note: I would want this figure to be dark blue instead of black)

War Machine (Classic): Accessories: Red Power Blast Pieces and a shoulder armor piece that is molded to show the missile rack and minigun

Ant-Man (Classic): Accessories: 1 Blue Ant and a 1x1 trans-clear cylinder that has "Pym Particles) printed on it

Hulk (Classic): Accessories: No Accessories (side note: I think it would be a slightly updated version of the one from the first Hulk minifigure polybag set number 5000022)

Black Widow (Classic): Accessories: 2 Pistols

Daredevil (Classic): Accessories: Billy Club that can split into two

Cyclops (Classic): Accessories: No Accessories

Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man 2): Accessories: His four mechanical arms

Green Goblin (Spider-Man 2002): Accessories: 2 printed pumpkin pieces

New Goblin (Spider-Man 3): Accessories: 2 printed pumpkin pieces (side note: New Goblin would have a double-sided head, one side showing the goggles/mask, and the other showing Harry Osborn's face)

Batroc the Leaper (Classic): Accessories: A printed money bag

Yellowjacket (Marvel Now): Accessories: four mechanical arms, similar to classic Iron Spider's from LEGO Marvel Set 76037

Kang the Conqueror (Classic): Accessories: No Accessories

Magneto (Classic): Accessories: A small 2x2 circular tile for him to stand on

Kingpin (Classic): Accessories: A Cane

Shocker (Classic): Accessories: 2 Fist Accessories

I would want every figure to have the clear pieces that let you pose your minifigures as well as a 1x2 jumper piece.

Not to be nitpicky, but you said a Marvel CMF set would be good to get figures that we wouldn't ordinarily get, and then proceeded with a list of characters that have almost all had minifigures made of them. Maybe not in the costumes you mentioned, but still represented in minifigure form  ...  A few substitutions with some different character choices, maybe some Fantastic Four or Namor or different X-men would be in order.

But this is a thread to discuss Robert8's designs, and therefore this discussion really ought to be continued in a different thread.

Star Wars CMF Series:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars Season 1): Accessories: Lightsaber

Phase 1 Clone Trooper (Classic): Accessories: Classic Blaster build using LEGO Loudhailer piece and a light trans-clear blue stud

Phase 2 Clone Trooper (Classic): Accessories: Classic Blaster build using LEGO Loudhailer piece and a light trans-clear blue stud

Princess Amidala: Accessories: Blaster

Zam Wesell: Accessories: Blaster Pistol (side note: has a double-head showing her mouth mask on one side and her "real" face printed on the other)

Commander Appo: Accessories: Blaster

T-16 Skyhopper Pilot (Classic): Accessories: Classic Blaster build using LEGO Loudhailer piece and a light trans-clear blue stud

Boba Fett: Accessories: Boba Fett's Blaster, a jet pack, and Boba Fett's cape that goes over his right shoulder

Scout Trooper: Accessories: Blaster Pistol

Captain Phasma (Chrome/Silver printed): Accessories: Captain Phasma's Blaster and her cape that goes over her right shoulder

Canto Bight Police Officer: Accessories: Blaster

Ben Solo: Accessories: The Skywalker Saga Lightsaber

The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor): Accessories: The Mandalorian's Blaster, The Mandalorian's Cape, jet pack, and Baby Yoda (also known as The Child)

Jedi Temple Guard: Accessories: Double-Bladed Yellow Lightsaber (side note: I would love to see a version with a hood over the helmet, but I don't know if LEGO would do the mold for it, although that would make the Jedi Temple Guard minifigure perfect)

Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars Season 7): Accessories: Skywalker Saga Lightsaber

Starkiller (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2): Accessories: 2 Blue Lightsabers

General Grevious (Classic): Accessories: A Cape, 2 green lightsabers and 2 blue lightsabers

Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels Seasons 3 and 4): Accessories: A green lightsaber and a blaster pistol

Kanan Jarrus (Star Wars Rebels Season 4 short hair and no beard): Accessories: a blue lightsaber

JEK-14 (The Yoda Chronicles): Accessories: A blue lightsaber and a lightning/electricity piece (side note: The JEK-14 minifigure would be from LEGO Star Wars set 75018)

LEGO Originals CMF Series:

Classic Town Firefighter: Accessories: Yellow fire extinguisher build

Telecom Race Cyclist: Accessories: Pink Bike Build

Classic Blue Spaceman: Accessories: Blue Air Intakes and a metal detector

Blacktron Spaceman (with white torso from Blacktron 2): Accessories: A small jetpack build and a blaster

Ice Planet 2002 Spaceman: Accessories: Lazer Saw (like the one in LEGO Ice Planet Scooter set number 1711)

Alien Conquest Soldier: Accessories: Blaster

Green/White Space Police Officer (from Space Police 2): Accessories: Blaster

Heavily Armored Lion Knight (from LEGO Kingdoms set number 7949): Accessories: Sword and shield

Johnny Thunder: Accessories: Whip, backpack, and pistol

Agent Chase: Accessories: Blaster Pistol

Soccer Player: Accessories: Soccer Ball

World City Police Officer: Accessories: Handcuffs

Rex Fury: Accessories: A crowbar and a color gun (from LEGO City Undercover)

Chase McCain (Classic Light Blue version): Accessories: Handcuffs and Grappling Gun

Pepper Roni: Accessories: Skateboard

xxix5 Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not interested on making a Marvel/Disney CMF

------------------------------------------

I didn't know Matching-Costume Dad had so many fans here.

I hope Matching-Costume Mom won't dissapoint :grin:

14 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:
14 hours ago, xxix5 said:

Ok, so here's how I would do a LEGO Marvel CMF series. While I love regular, non-licensed CMF series, I think it's good that we get a licensed CMF series, and this way, we can get figures that we wouldn't ever get in normal sets.

But this is a thread to discuss Robert8's designs, and therefore this discussion really ought to be continued in a different thread.

Of course, there's always this topic...

...or, if one wants to specifically discuss ideas for licensed CMS in particular, then there's this one:

These ones are all very awesome, I am liking King Kong! :laugh: I am noticing that some of these have become actual Lego figures like giraffe and bathtub person with duck. Did you ever submitting these ideas to Lego? Maybe I am missing something from a different post?

On 4/8/2020 at 2:56 PM, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

These ones are all very awesome, I am liking King Kong! :laugh: I am noticing that some of these have become actual Lego figures like giraffe and bathtub person with duck. Did you ever submitting these ideas to Lego? Maybe I am missing something from a different post?

Hi

No, I haven't.

TLG don't accept CMF submissions on LEGO IDEAS and such

In my opinion, the characters that you mentioned are very common ideas and they look nothing like the ones I made. So, it doesn't surprise me if more coincidences like those appear in the future

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hi

No, I haven't.

TLG don't accept CMF submissions on LEGO IDEAS and such

In my opinion, the characters that you mentioned are very common ideas and they look nothing like the ones I made. So, it doesn't surprise me if more coincidences like those appear in the future

Ah ok I am understanding. It is too big of a shame. You are very talented

On 4/9/2020 at 8:36 PM, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

You are very talented

On 4/17/2020 at 12:15 AM, Lacdaran said:

Series S = Amazing.  That is all.

Thanks  :classic::classic::classic:

I have been looking at your CMF lines since the beginning, and it always amazes me when you make a minifigure or an accessory piece that shocks me, because it hasn't been made or it so fantastic. I have loved every series and you are so good at making them. You are a great artist. I wish I could buy these figs. Keep up the great work.

21 hours ago, magnetar66 said:

I have been looking at your CMF lines since the beginning, and it always amazes me when you make a minifigure or an accessory piece that shocks me, because it hasn't been made or it so fantastic. I have loved every series and you are so good at making them. You are a great artist. I wish I could buy these figs. Keep up the great work.

Thank you magnetar66. I'm glad you've been enjoying these from the beggining. Thanks for sharing for thoughts :classic:

Bruh, when is the mystery thing gonna drop, it's almost June and still no silhouette hints.....