Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I was quite flabbergasted to see Series 20's Pajama Girl with a stuffed bunny of all things... :oh3: ...seriously, could TLG be taking notes, or am I missing something? :oh:

Nah... thats a coincidence. Stuffed bunnies are pretty common.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW @Robert8, have Series 20's offerings changed up any plans you've laid out for further Series down the road? :shrug_oh_well:

For this very next one (Series S) I made a female counterpart for one of the Series 20 characters. But thats it about it. This time around most of the coincidences are already made drawings, rather that upcoming ones (Thank god)

17 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

For this very next one (Series S) I made a female counterpart for one of the Series 20 characters.

The males in series 20 are brick guy, keytar rocker, drone flyer, viking warrior, red ranger, nunchuck fighter, piñata boy, and knight.

I’d say a female Ranger would be great to see. 

I think I slept for a month, since I realized the new series only now...

It is from the better ones, there is no "kinda okay", only "that'spretty good", "hilarious" or "how come this didn't happen earlier?"

I see sense some GLOW wibe in case of the Retro Wrestler.

Best oroginal idea: Srrok Suit guy

It was time award: Centaur

Best overall minifig: Beefeater

11 hours ago, Yooha said:

It is from the better ones

Thanks. :blush: Its one of my favorites as well, along with K and O. 

19 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

I’d say a female Ranger would be great to see. 

:wink:

BTW again Robert, have you ever considered a Steampunk/Vernian Astronaut before, something in the vein of Jules Verne's From the Earth to the Moon:shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

:wink:

Nice! The female rangers were pink, white, or yellow but I’d be happy to see you do Cyan too. Guess time will tell until Series S. 

3 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

Nice! The female rangers were pink, white, or yellow but I’d be happy to see you do Cyan too. Guess time will tell until Series S. 

The Yellow Ranger was a man in the Japanese version of the original show, the full suit stunt scenes (among others) of which were reused for the American version of the show. I stopped following Power Rangers quite some time ago, so I an unfamiliar with the incarnation of the show that has a female White Ranger. Cyan? Interesting color choice. Just gaudy enough to make sense.

23 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW again Robert, have you ever considered a Steampunk/Vernian Astronaut before, something in the vein of Jules Verne's From the Earth to the Moon:shrug_oh_well:

Hmm at this point it will be impossible to include every single idea in these series. After Series S, there will be only 7 series left. 

I originally wanted to make Series S an special one: I was going to pick 16 suggestions from the "what minifigures are we still missing?" thread. Buy at the end, I decided against it because that mean even less spots aviable for my own ideas. 

Might still do it for Series V or W though, depending on what TLG releases in CMF S21

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I originally wanted to make Series S an special one: I was going to pick 16 suggestions from the "what minifigures are we still missing?" thread. Buy at the end, I decided against it because that mean even less spots aviable for my own ideas. 

My goodness, that really would've been quite the surprise! :oh3: Would you've selected those sixteen suggestions based upon your own personal likening, or would reoccurrence of suggested archetypes not yet covered been a factor?

32 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

My goodness, that really would've been quite the surprise! :oh3: Would you've selected those sixteen suggestions based upon your own personal likening, or would reoccurrence of suggested archetypes not yet covered been a factor?

A mix of those factors I guess. But yeah, I might still do it for Series... V (?) I guess

On 2/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, Robert8 said:

12. Centaur

How come he doesn't have any weapon or musical instrument for an accessory? Also, do you think you could consider remaking the LEGO Minotaur, in a different color, and you'd probably have to give it a different weapon too, maybe a buildable hammer? like this one: Image result for lego the hobbit an unexpected gathering minifigures

I thought about giving him the long bow+arrow but that would be lot of plastic for a single figure, which has a huge new mold and a new hairpiece. The cost would be too high. Thats what I thought.

About the Minotaur, I dont see the point of remake it. The Series 6 one is perfect

Hi Robert8 I'm a Lego enthusiast and I signed up to compliment you on the work done. Your creations are all beautiful and inspired me too. I customized some of your works and I just wanted to show them to you. They are certainly very simple but your work deserved to be represented. I hope you like them

CIMG5066

32922280606_02d9606d59_o

CIMG5680

25828858008_f1dc5d9f10_o

CIMG5670

38785715165_976315304e_o

CIMG5699

38785711535_6616f26818_o.png

5 hours ago, ARTU said:

Hi Robert8 I'm a Lego enthusiast and I signed up to compliment you on the work done. Your creations are all beautiful and inspired me too. I customized some of your works and I just wanted to show them to you. They are certainly very simple but your work deserved to be represented. I hope you like them

Oh then that means...... YOU'RE NEMO68 FROM THE ITALIAN FORUM!!!! *oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2*

I'm honored to have you commenting on my thread. Thanks for all your amazing work! Love what you've done with those characters!!! I appreciate it a lot :classic::classic::classic::classic:

Your bandit woman as definitely an inspiration for my own Gunslinger :

CIMG568949474800581_803f3ca273_c.jpg

Hope you'll be staying around here on EB :classic: 

Thank you for appreciation! My work is artisanal and, at times, it is noticeable, but I am happy that it can inspire an artist and AFOL like you. I will try to be there, even if because of my free time I can't follow more than one forum every day. I will however be waiting for your other works and in the meantime I have downloaded some pictures of your latest series.

With Series R we reached the 20th series of ideas for CMFs. Hooray!

So, now we have enough series to fill the second encyclopedia of minifigures, featuring the characters from Series K to R. Of course. a LEGO book needs an exclusive character......

IDEAS FOR COLLECTABLE MINIFIGURES: CHARACTER ENCYCLOPEDIA. VOL II

Exclusive Character: Voodoo Doctor

Voodoo Doctor

Part assortment: Top hat + hair piece introduced with the Series K Grave Digger. Scepter (4L bar+hollow stud+minifigure head). Regular head, torso and legs

49602716902_56dbca3cf0_o.png

I love him.

I just have one suggestion.

Maybe rename him Houngan? "Voodoo Doctor" could be construed as derogatory. Houngan is the actual traditional name for the role.

27 minutes ago, Karalora said:

I love him.

I just have one suggestion.

Maybe rename him Houngan? "Voodoo Doctor" could be construed as derogatory. Houngan is the actual traditional name for the role.

Or Vaudun Priest, which is the common term in one of my favorite series of novels.

What a great figure! What did you base it off of? The name voodoo doctor reminds me of the witch doctor character from a previous series. 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Voodoo Doctor

Part assortment: Top hat + hair piece introduced with the Series K Grave Digger. Scepter (4L bar+hollow stud+minifigure head). Regular head, torso and legs

Oooooh, that's real nice, probably'd have the most scary-looking skull print for a minifigure if this were real... :thumbup: :oh: 

On 2/25/2020 at 4:58 PM, Robert8 said:

A mix of those factors I guess. But yeah, I might still do it for Series... V (?) I guess

You know, I'd like to add that if you do such for a future Series, I wouldn't follow the selected suggestions verbatim but use them primarily as inspiration, as I'd like to see your Series stay consistent within your own artistic interpretations of such archetypes... :classic:

Oh that is Very good. I remember being super disappointed when the rumored 'voodoo doctor' in the monster fighters sets turned out to be just another Zombie. But you have captured this archetype amazingly well!