Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

@Robert8

Brilliantly illustrated! Excellent artistic skills. ?

The Landscaper’s ‘scissors’ are called shears.

It looks like Mr Stars and Stripes/Uncle Sam has tails, so the parts count should be 8.

If this series were real, I would be after the Chupacabras, Ninja, Eris, Prince Charming and Polymath/da Vinci for sure and possibly the black Chess Piece and Mr Stars and Stripes.

I doubt LEGO would ever do a jockey: too closely associated with gambling. Even if they did, I don’t think they would include a riding crop, an instrument for beating a horse to make it go faster (or for hitting other jockeys to make them go slower!)

Edited by AmperZand

Another amazing series @Robert8! I like the degree of work put into the Expectant Mother, and the clever use of parts, for example the flamingo as topiary, medium legs, and the jouster’s horse as a trophy 

My favorites are Uncle Sam, alien invader, steampunk adventurer, mother, prince, and ninja girl 

The mobster is particularly creative, and the alien invader uses already done ideas but makes it something new. Glad to see the chess pieces being continued as well. 

Im so glad you will continue to make these for a while, as they are very inspiring and reflect what I think many of us want out of Lego. I for one would love to add the landscaper, Sam, and mother to my city and the alien invader and steampunk adventurer I’d get plenty of. 

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

@Robert8

Brilliantly illustrated! Excellent artistic skills. ?

The Landscaper’s ‘scissors’ are called shears.

It looks like Mr Stars and Stripes/Uncle Sam has tails, so the parts count should be 8.

If this series were real, I would be after the Chupacabras, Ninja, Eris, Prince Charming and Polymath/da Vinci for sure and possibly the black Chess Piece and Mr Stars and Stripes.

I doubt LEGO would ever do a jockey: too closely associated with gambling. Even if they did, I don’t think they would include a riding crop, an instrument for beating a horse to make it go faster (or for hitting other jockeys to make them go slower!)

Thanks AmperZand. Note taken about the shears

Very interesting point about the Jockey... never thought about that

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

Another amazing series @Robert8! I like the degree of work put into the Expectant Mother, and the clever use of parts, for example the flamingo as topiary, medium legs, and the jouster’s horse as a trophy 

My favorites are Uncle Sam, alien invader, steampunk adventurer, mother, prince, and ninja girl 

The mobster is particularly creative, and the alien invader uses already done ideas but makes it something new. Glad to see the chess pieces being continued as well. 

Im so glad you will continue to make these for a while, as they are very inspiring and reflect what I think many of us want out of Lego. I for one would love to add the landscaper, Sam, and mother to my city and the alien invader and steampunk adventurer I’d get plenty of. 

Thank you !

Well, over the years, Lego released not one, but three types of a whip, which basically is as bad or even worse than riding crop... And The CMF Ringleader has one too, which has unfortunate implications of circus animal cruelty... And yet I see no one complaining about that.

Btw, any word on what the series the banjo player will be in? I love the musical instruments in lego minifigures 

Very nice series the chupacabra is cool, Eris looks great, the steampunk guy looks great too.  So many really nice figs even if I'm just into castle/fantasy or sci-fi.  The ninja weapons are called sai.  The landscaper is neat, uncle sam is perfect.  So many nice details on all of them great job.  

23 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Btw, any word on what the series the banjo player will be in? I love the musical instruments in lego minifigures 

No idea. Sorry. There is a new musical instrument in the next one but not the banjo

21 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Very nice series the chupacabra is cool, Eris looks great, the steampunk guy looks great too.  So many really nice figs even if I'm just into castle/fantasy or sci-fi.  The ninja weapons are called sai.  The landscaper is neat, uncle sam is perfect.  So many nice details on all of them great job.  

Thanks! Didnt know about the sai name

What can I say that I haven't already about your work? As usual, stunning work with a lot of amazing looking figures I would pay good money to get for my collection. Chaos Goddess - stunning! Steampunk guy, just awesome! Polymath, great design! Prince Charming? A must-have! Even the ones that appeal the least to my taste are just fantastic and I want them anyway! Great stuff here, as usual.

Prince Charming, Chaos Goddess and Da Vinci are fantastic.

Another great series, Robert. Lego definitely need to employ you!

My favourite here is the jockey. The trophy is a nice touch. We need a real one of these soon, as the figure itself is fairly useless on its own so needs a lot of 'remakes' in different designs.

The Stars and Stripes guy is also very neat, although I wonder if Lego did make this, would it be a U.S. stores only figure?

2 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

The Stars and Stripes guy is also very neat, although I wonder if Lego did make this, would it be a U.S. stores only figure?

Lady Liberty and Royal Guard were part of regular series so I don’t see why not. 

BTW Robert, regarding your upcoming Advent Calendar slated for December, will it be completely composed of strictly Christmas-based archetypes, or may there also be some "Christmas-fied" archetypes woven in there? :shrug_oh_well:

If they ever did a pregnant woman, I imagine it would be an attachable belly via a neck bracket so like a rucksack but put on backwards. It is quite rare for them to introduce other style torsos (like Maggie's, some of Garmadon's, etc). I wonder if the machinery for inserting the arms is the same for the modified torsos. But then, we have had fat characters such as Homer and the Comic Book Guy, depicted with a normal torso and printed belly lines. There is also the way they did it via a hair piece for Bombur.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:36 AM, ToaIruini said:

Lady Liberty and Royal Guard were part of regular series so I don’t see why not. 

Plus there have been other national stereotypes over the years. That is one of the good points of the CMFs.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

If they ever did a pregnant woman, I imagine it would be an attachable belly via a neck bracket so like a rucksack but put on backwards. It is quite rare for them to introduce other style torsos (like Maggie's, some of Garmadon's, etc). I wonder if the machinery for inserting the arms is the same for the modified torsos. But then, we have had fat characters such as Homer and the Comic Book Guy, depicted with a normal torso and printed belly lines. There is also the way they did it via a hair piece for Bombur.

Plus there have been other national stereotypes over the years. That is one of the good points of the CMFs.

I see your point. And I agree about the minifigures you mentioned but for a pregnant woman having a belly is kind of the point. I hope they will do it. 

They also made special torsos for Series 18 (brick costumes) and Nexo Knights (Axel). They are rare but it might happen.

22 hours ago, gedren_y said:

LEGO did something similar with Bombur though they built it into the headgear.

That piece has always looked odd to me

On 10/7/2019 at 7:17 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW Robert, regarding your upcoming Advent Calendar slated for December, will it be completely composed of strictly Christmas-based archetypes, or may there also be some "Christmas-fied" archetypes woven in there? :shrug_oh_well:

Ahh you'll see....

@Robert8 Series R can be 

• Pizza Delivery Man 
  • Golf Player 
  • Conductor 
  • Kendo Warrior 
  • Reeferee 
  • Airline Attendant 
  • Viking King 
  • Kitchen Chef 
  • Movie Cameraman 
  • Vet 
  • Crocodile Hunter 
  • Wizard 
  • Cyborg Woman 
  • Zombie Woman 
  • Pirate Warrior 
  • Chimney Sweeper

@Robert8 or Series S can be 

• Beekeeper 
  • Evil Genie 
  • Milkman 
  • Swamp Monster 
  • Amazon 
  • Fire Dancer 
  • Fast Food Worker 
  • Extreme Skier 
  • Tooth Fairy 
  • Merchant 
  • Gambler 
  • Invisible Man 
  • Hunter 
  • Judo Woman 
  • Shepherd 
  • Female Boxer

@Robert8 Series R can be 

• Beekeeper 
  • Evil Genie 
  • Milkman 
  • Swamp Monster 
  • Amazon 
  • Fire Dancer 
  • Fast Food Worker 
  • Extreme Skier 
  • Tooth Fairy 
  • Merchant 
  • Gambler 
  • Invisible Man 
  • Hunter 
  • Judo Woman 
  • Shepherd 
  • Female Boxer

@Robert8 why did you block me on Instagram I’m trying to be a follower on Instagram my Instagram is @cmgc1999

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That piece has always looked odd to me

Ahh you'll see....

3 minutes ago, Chris6500 said:

@Robert8 why did you block me on Instagram I’m trying to be a follower on Instagram my Instagram is @cmgc1999

7 hours ago, Chris6500 said:

Oh I'm sorry. I blocked you because IG said you were sending me inappropiate content. Sorry. It's undone now. Thanks for your interest in my work. 

About your suggestions for Series R and Series S, I can tell you you got 1 right

Just now, Robert8 said:

Oh I'm sorry. I blocked you because IG said you were sending me inappropiate content. Sorry. It's undone now. Thanks for your interest in my work. 

About your suggestions for Series R and Series S, I can tell you you got 1 right

Look I’m sorry sending you inappropriate but I sending you pictures those art pictures are amazing 

Just now, Chris6500 said:

Look I’m sorry sending you inappropriate but I sending you pictures those art pictures are amazing 

Yes. I just saw them. IG was wrong on sending me a warning. Again, I'm sorry

@Robert8 you knew the Minifigures series Theme kind of like Robbie Rotten From Lazy town,Jim Carrey’s The Mask And Pistachio Disguisey from Master of disguise 

Edited by Chris6500

4 hours ago, Chris6500 said:

@Robert8 you knew the Minifigures series Theme kind of like Robbie Rotten From Lazy town,Jim Carrey’s The Mask And Pistachio Disguisey from Master of disguise 

Hmm not sure what you mean. I don't know those minfigures series