Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh thanks. Its already fixed!

Sorry to bum u out, but i Just checked, and there is still no sign of the star fish being included in the description

Amazing as always, @Robert8! I think the only one that has nothing to offer me is the Cyclist, and that's probably because we're getting one in S19 anyway. The costumed dad takes the prize for cutest this time around. Nice homages to both Van Helsing (the best bad monster movie ever!) and Metropolis! And what--four different holidays referenced this time around?

Really great series ya made here, wish LEGO did more stuff like these in their series than what we're getting now. The Dark Fairy is my most favorite in series P, the hair and choice of color is really great and love how there is pretty much no black on this one likely LEGO Evil CMF figure who are pretty much most to all black. The Cyclist is pretty much the weakest of them if the Snorkeler accessory didn't same him.

15 hours ago, Karalora said:

Amazing as always, @Robert8! I think the only one that has nothing to offer me is the Cyclist, and that's probably because we're getting one in S19 anyway. The costumed dad takes the prize for cutest this time around. Nice homages to both Van Helsing (the best bad monster movie ever!) and Metropolis! And what--four different holidays referenced this time around?

There was also a 4th of July minifigure here, but it had to go due to the rearrange made at last minute after the Series 19 reveal

8 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Really great series ya made here, wish LEGO did more stuff like these in their series than what we're getting now. The Dark Fairy is my most favorite in series P, the hair and choice of color is really great and love how there is pretty much no black on this one likely LEGO Evil CMF figure who are pretty much most to all black. The Cyclist is pretty much the weakest of them if the Snorkeler accessory didn't same him.

Thanks!

On 8/1/2019 at 5:14 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Damn it Robert, Van Helsing and the Maschinenmensch together in this Series? :thumbup: :cry_happy:

Indeed, that Matching-Costume Dad is a "costumed" CMF I can get behind... :thumbup: :blush:

Thanks

I had the suspicion you would like the Automaton

And yeah, that Monster Hunter had been in my mind for years now 

On 8/1/2019 at 5:12 AM, K_Tiger said:

Oh, that Metropolis homage, and the  Matching-Costume Dad is a brilliant idea. Another great set of figures!

Thanks for the feeback :classic:

Edited by Robert8

Waaaaaaiiiiiit, I just realized the Woodcutter Pig is a follow-up to the Farmer Pig from several series back! Does that mean we have a Bricklayer Pig in the near future, and perhaps a Windbag Wolf?

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I had the suspicion you would like the Automaton

Heh, no kidding, I was certainly not expecting the inclusion of such in one of your own Series! :oh3: Now, while the design is fitting within the contextual continuity of your Series, if Lego were to attempt their own take on such a CMF archetype, I'd wish for such an official figure not to use a specialized head but rather a standard one paired with a new, Deco-Streamlined helmet design. 

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

And yeah, that Monster Hunter had been in my mind for years now

Sure, back in 2013 when Lego introduced that hat/hair mold of Butch Cavendish's, Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing was the first thing I thought of too! :classic:

On 8/1/2019 at 11:30 AM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I absolutely adore the automaton—she’d probably display well with your Chaplin and cartoon figs!

Could you imagine a themed CMS from Lego entirely made up of Jazz Age archetypes such as those? :purrr: Makes me think of this piece of fan art for a series of bizarrely-styled Chibi collectable concepts...

DeviantArt - Creepazoids: The Golden Age of Weird by MurderousAutomaton

dbnliys-072e6b6e-1382-4ea5-888b-fbca3dc05ae8.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzRjMThhNmRlLWM3M2ItNGM2My04YzUxLWEzNTExMjZlZTBmMlwvZGJubGl5cy0wNzJlNmI2ZS0xMzgyLTRlYTUtODg4Yi1mYmNhM2RjMDVhZTguanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.s8xiMw1ZgGHA7tCzipzryoUJg9JmXfbL5vlOMQhubbo

12 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Could you imagine a themed CMS from Lego entirely made up of Jazz Age archetypes such as those? :purrr: Makes me think of this piece of fan art for a series of bizarrely-styled Chibi collectable concepts...

You just had to show me a product that makes me curse the world for it not actually existing, didn't you? :head_back:

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

You just had to show me a product that makes me curse the world for it not actually existing, didn't you? :head_back:

Would it be of any help to perhaps check out his other custom Series artwork? :devil:

DeviantArt - Creepazoids

dc4tsl0-fe7676b3-99e1-4d73-8c9e-2714ffbf93cf.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzRjMThhNmRlLWM3M2ItNGM2My04YzUxLWEzNTExMjZlZTBmMlwvZGM0dHNsMC1mZTc2NzZiMy05OWUxLTRkNzMtOGM5ZS0yNzE0ZmZiZjkzY2YuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.16OVEXZfk-RIwThyv83ebEu6hDPxrKCiiQA1Xtgrh8w

Lovely. Your series always manage to strike a nice balance. The peasant woman, Dark fairy and monster hunter are my favourites this time and from your last series I really loved the mobile suit guy and it's rare that my favourite isn't historical or fantasy but the mobile suit guy is just that good.

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There was also a 4th of July minifigure here, but it had to go due to the rearrange made at last minute after the Series 19 reveal

Ooh, perhaps an Uncle Sam, or a barbecuer (apron, baseball cap, hot dog)? 

Will it be in a future series :excited:

13 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Lovely. Your series always manage to strike a nice balance. The peasant woman, Dark fairy and monster hunter are my favourites this time and from your last series I really loved the mobile suit guy and it's rare that my favourite isn't historical or fantasy but the mobile suit guy is just that good.

Thanks. Mobile Suit Guy was a minifigure I almost dropped because I thought it wasn't good enough to be a CMF. And, now according to Instagram "likes", he is one of my best lol

12 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Ooh, perhaps an Uncle Sam, or a barbecuer (apron, baseball cap, hot dog)? 

Will it be in a future series :excited:

In the very next one: Series Q. I made some changes to that series as well as a result of what was revealed on Series 19

19 hours ago, Karalora said:

Waaaaaaiiiiiit, I just realized the Woodcutter Pig is a follow-up to the Farmer Pig from several series back! Does that mean we have a Bricklayer Pig in the near future, and perhaps a Windbag Wolf?

Bricklayer Pig is in the line, yes! Unfortunately he is listed on Series T/U (I think), so it will be a while before we get there

On 8/3/2019 at 7:58 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Makes me think of this piece of fan art for a series of bizarrely-styled Chibi collectable concepts...

Oooh, I love this guy's art! I've been following him for a while.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

In the very next one: Series Q. I made some changes to that series as well as a result of what was revealed on Series 19

Bricklayer Pig is in the line, yes! Unfortunately he is listed on Series T/U (I think), so it will be a while before we get there

We may see a Prince Charming, or a banjo player in that series as well? 

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

We may see a Prince Charming, or a banjo player in that series as well? 

Yeah, one of those 2 is in Series Q. But that will be next October. First let's see if we can collect more thoughts/feedback on Series P :classic:

Wow! Amazing! I have to say, "Great job!" with all my heart. 

Is that "Automaton" referencing a movie from the 80's or 90's? I remember seeing a photo of something extremely similar in an old magazine....but I can't remember the name! It's cool...would it be in chrome silver (think Mr. Gold) or would it just be silvery, like a silver bar or 1x1 stud? 

The Monster Hunter is cool! I think he'd go really well with the Mummy (Series 3), "I Want My Mummy" (Series 19) and the Vampire (Series 2). Or any ol' monster type minifig! Totally love the Butch Cavendish hair for him, and that masked face is awesome! :wub:

The biker is OK, but like people are saying with Series 19, it could just be in a set. Also, in my humble opinion, the helmet is too tall compared to the guy's head. But that's just my thoughts.

LEGO really ought to make the Candy Cane Suit Guy in an upcoming series! It's awesome!

That "Matching Costume Dad" minifigure is pretty sweet! I like the baby in the King Kong costume! One question, though: Why another "building suit" person? You already had Clock Tower Guy, who was OK but not superb. (No offense meant, bro.) 

I'm working on some minifig bios for these guys! I'll post when they're done!

On 8/6/2019 at 7:02 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @Robert8, have you ever considered an archetype based upon/inspired by Jules Verne's Captain Nemo for a future Series? :shrug_oh_well:

Hmmm no, not really. I'm not sure how that would work as a CMF

52 minutes ago, CMFanatic said:

Wow! Amazing! I have to say, "Great job!" with all my heart. 

Is that "Automaton" referencing a movie from the 80's or 90's? I remember seeing a photo of something extremely similar in an old magazine....but I can't remember the name! It's cool...would it be in chrome silver (think Mr. Gold) or would it just be silvery, like a silver bar or 1x1 stud? 

The Monster Hunter is cool! I think he'd go really well with the Mummy (Series 3), "I Want My Mummy" (Series 19) and the Vampire (Series 2). Or any ol' monster type minifig! Totally love the Butch Cavendish hair for him, and that masked face is awesome! :wub:

The biker is OK, but like people are saying with Series 19, it could just be in a set. Also, in my humble opinion, the helmet is too tall compared to the guy's head. But that's just my thoughts.

LEGO really ought to make the Candy Cane Suit Guy in an upcoming series! It's awesome!

That "Matching Costume Dad" minifigure is pretty sweet! I like the baby in the King Kong costume! One question, though: Why another "building suit" person? You already had Clock Tower Guy, who was OK but not superb. (No offense meant, bro.) 

Thanks

Hmmm for a Matching-Costume Dad I remember I had like 3 different costumes that would work with the concept, but I went with the Building/Kong one, because I found it funnier than the others, and it would be like a throwback to the S3 Gorilla Suit Guy. 

I consider this like a "sequel" to the Clock Tower Guy, because they both present famous buildings: the Big Ben Tower and the Empire State Building

The Automaton is reference to "Maria", the robot from Metropolis. In real LEGO, I guess the color would be chrome silver 

Image result for maria metropolis

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :classic:

As always, beautiful work. I really can't tell you how much i ADORE the Matching Costume Dad with Baby Kong. It's pure perfection, and I need this to happen as a real minifigure! LEGO, for the love of all that's good and right in the world, PLEASE take note! And that Dark Fairy and Automaton? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I would get a ton of Snorkelers just for that cute sea turtle, and the Ventriloquist Dummy is wonderfully creepy ... the rest are great too and would be most welcome in my collection. EXCELLENT JOB!!!

6 hours ago, gedren_y said:
6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm no, not really. I'm not sure how that would work as a CMF

Try using The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as a reference. Here's a look at Captain Nemo. (He's the one in royal purple.)

Plus, here's a MecaBricks rendition of that take on character (center) by GunnBuilding:

House Nemo

23 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

As always, beautiful work. I really can't tell you how much i ADORE the Matching Costume Dad with Baby Kong. It's pure perfection, and I need this to happen as a real minifigure! LEGO, for the love of all that's good and right in the world, PLEASE take note! And that Dark Fairy and Automaton? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I would get a ton of Snorkelers just for that cute sea turtle, and the Ventriloquist Dummy is wonderfully creepy ... the rest are great too and would be most welcome in my collection. EXCELLENT JOB!!!

Thanks DarrellBricker. You always have kind words for my work :classic:

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Plus, here's a MecaBricks rendition of that take on character (center) by GunnBuilding:

Well there he is :laugh:

The thing is I wouldnt who he is just by himself. I wouldnt guess he is meant to be Submarine Captain. He needs context. Like a set or a vignette

Excellent work as always!
I hope Lego make something similar to "Peasant Woman" soon, can never have to many civilian castle figs especially females :sweet:
Animals are welcome as well :classic:

On 8/7/2019 at 10:44 PM, Robert8 said:

The Automaton is reference to "Maria", the robot from Metropolis

And that might be the inspiration to the Assaultron in the Fallout4 game. But your Automaton could easily work as an Assaultron in a Fallout apocalypse setting - with the exception that an Assaultron is military dark green.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Assaultron_(Fallout_4)

Don't know if you can tell by my profile picture, but I'm a huge John wick fan. Not saying it would ever happen, but we have enough characters. Such as:

1. John himself                                        11. Santino

2. Winston                                               12. Jimmy (the cop from the first one)

3. Charon                                                 13. The car guy

4. Sofia                                                    14. Iosef Tarasov

5. Perkins                                                 15. Abraham Tarasov

6. Adjudicator                                           16. the elder

7. Bowery King                                         17. Viggo's assistant

8. Zero                                                      18. Santinos sister

9. Viggo                                                     19. Helen Wick

10. Ares                                                     20. The Director

11 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Don't know if you can tell by my profile picture, but I'm a huge John wick fan. Not saying it would ever happen, but we have enough characters. Such as:

1. John himself                                        11. Santino

2. Winston                                               12. Jimmy (the cop from the first one)

3. Charon                                                 13. The car guy

4. Sofia                                                    14. Iosef Tarasov

5. Perkins                                                 15. Abraham Tarasov

6. Adjudicator                                           16. the elder

7. Bowery King                                         17. Viggo's assistant

8. Zero                                                      18. Santinos sister

9. Viggo                                                     19. Helen Wick

10. Ares                                                     20. The Director

Wrong thread lad.

I think this is a thread for Robert8’s designs as opposed to wishlisting, I can see why you wouldn’t see that though with the title and all.