Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

For real. It's got Alice, (Roll over) Beethoven and a candy can suit. Plus, I don't think you've done a series yet that I wouldn't buy at least half of.

7 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

For real. It's got Alice, (Roll over) Beethoven and a candy can suit. Plus, I don't think you've done a series yet that I wouldn't buy at least half of.

I almost think that if these were the real series I’d be more excited (as I’m a collector, get every fig). 

2 hours ago, MR IOUS said:

This is beyond words! Every series is absolutely perfect!

Thank you so much :thumbup:

On 7/22/2019 at 1:07 AM, ArneNielsen said:

Well, you did use the Spanish ñ, so you could continue with the Danish alphabet: after Z comes Æ, Ø, and Å !!!!

Anything to keep these miracles coming!

Hmmm interesting idea

I didn't know about this. I'll think about it :thumbup:

That ghostly-like one and the purple one (evil fairy?) look promising! I’m very excited! 

4 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I am more excited by @Robert8 new series !

Thank you so much :classic:

Im excited too  :laugh:

When is the series going to reuse awesome animal that you have made or that TLG has made? for example, The Lamb, The Goat, The Sea Turtle, The Chameleon, etc. 

Edited by Drew15

1 hour ago, Drew15 said:

When is the series going to reuse awesome animal that you have made or that TLG has made? for example, The Lamb, The Goat, The Sea Turtle, The Chameleon, etc. 

Sea turtle?

When did LEGO release a sea turtle?

Edited by Robert8

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Sea turtle?

When did LEGO release a sea turtle?

Wait..... Didn't you release a sea turtle? I thought you did..... But if you didn't, I guess now is a new opportunity to try!?

5 minutes ago, Drew15 said:

Wait..... Didn't you release a sea turtle? I thought you did..... But if you didn't, I guess now is a new opportunity to try!?

5 minutes ago, Drew15 said:

PLZ Ignore This Post, I do not know how to delete quote from the reply box so i'm just posting this to get rid of them

Ok, so I'm pretty sure that I confused Roberto's Seal with a Turtle in my mind..... But yeah K_ Tiger is correct TLG did make a sea turtle piece for LEGO friends

Edited by Drew15

48370143896_06b4df69bf_b.jpg

UNBELIEVABLE 
SUPER COOL
OUTRAGEOUS
AND AMAZING

Because here is the 17th series of ideas for CMFs: Series P! :laugh:

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A to O as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

27172606098_2551c41731.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg35031413202_e4b5fa12eb.jpg25689065107_e5440f5425.jpg38318000401_4db17ec656.jpg40279478691_1a9fca644e.jpg43558941024_681a6c9302.jpg45444919811_27a696d92b.jpg45429056654_74139a0ecf.jpg

31281440877_411269191d.jpg33939912638_5e988e4f06.jpg

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series P, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Woodcutter Pig, Rabbit Follower, Candy Cane Guy, Thief, Ventriloquist Dummy, Dark Fairy, Musician, White Chess Knight, Automaton, Snorkeler,  Peasant Woman, Matching-Costume Dad, Cyclist, Monster Hunter, Mardi Gras Queen and Lantern Festival Guy.

1. Monster Hunter

Part assortment (6 pieces): Butch Cavendish hairpiece (Lone Ranger). Crossbow Piece. 2x2 printed tile. Regular head, torso and legs.

48370143591_e18e6f8646_b.jpg

2. Rabbit Follower

Part assortment (6 pieces): New hairpiece.  Rabbit piece. 2x1 printed tile. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Cloth skirt introduced with the Series D Porridge Eater.

48370275592_4e0943208d_b.jpg

3. Cyclist

Part assortment (10 pieces): New cycling helmet. Bicycle (Bicycle + wheel(x2) + stud). Bottle (1x1 cylinder + 1x1 tile with bar piece). Regular head, torso and legs.

48370276982_9624092921_b.jpg

4. Latern Festival Guy

Part assortment (8 pieces): New traditional chinese hat. Paper latern (handle + pot piece + tassel). 2x2 round printed tile. Regular head, torso and legs.

48370143826_e73d9a6ce0_o.png

5. Automaton

Part assortment (4 pieces): Retro raygun. Molded head introduced with the Series F Android Woman. Regular torso and legs.

48370277402_518cfcf32b_o.png

6. Peasant Woman

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hood + long hair piece. Bucket piece and handle. Black pig. Slope piece. Regular head and torso . New cloth cape

48370143391_38c7f9389b_o.png

7. Matching-Costume Dad

Part assortment (9 pieces): New building costume. New baby gorilla mask. Pot piece with handle. Baby body and head. Regular head, torso and legs.

48370275872_ed02676ab5_o.png

8. Musician

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece. Plume piece. Collar piece from LEGO Movies Alfred. 2x2 printed tile. Regular head, torso and legs.

48370143531_e11a7578a8_o.png

9. Dark Fairy

Part assortment (7 pieces): New fantasy hairpiece. Buttefly wings. Butterfly (x2). Regular head, torso and legs . Cloth skirt introduced with the Series K Nymph.

48370144656_3182c6b316_o.png

10. Candy Cane Guy

Part assortment (7 pieces): New Candy Cane costume. Candy cane introduced with the Series M Mrs. Santa. Regular head, torso and legs.

48370277107_4d64c60ac6_o.png

11. Snorkeler

Part assortment (9 pieces): New snorkel mask. New sea turtle. Starfish. Series 16 Spy hairpiece recolored. Diving Fins. Regular head, torso and legs.

48370275512_7c36dbedb4_o.png

12. Mardi Gras Queen 

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hair + crown combo piece. Scepter introduced with the Series B Mardi Gras King. Wide dress piece. Regular head and torso . Cape. New cloth collar.

48370143656_ef4879ca43_o.png

13. Thief

Part assortment (7 pieces): New balaclava piece. Batman utility belt recolored. Rope piece. 2x3 printed tile. Regular head, torso and legs.

48370275432_c9dbd124c2_b.jpg

14. White Chess Knight

Part assortment (6 pieces): New chess knight suit. Spear. Flag. Medium legs. Regular head and torso.

48370143066_4560eee1e8_o.png

Extra pic! Chess Collection so far

Spoiler

48370275302_ee5a55004e_c.jpg

15. Woodcutter Pig

Part assortment (7 pieces): New cap piece with pin. Pig molded head introduced with the Series H Farmer Pig. Axe. Wood log (1x1 cylinder + 1x1 round tile. Short legs. Regular torso . 

48370142926_1656ebc38e_o.png

Extra pic! Pig Brothers!

Spoiler

48370142876_bb0dbc903e_z.jpg

16. Ventriloquist Dummy

Part assortment (8 pieces): Series 7 Computer Programmer hairpiece. Briefcase pieces. Hat introduced with the Series B Gondolier. Bow tie piece. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

48370275387_3471b024d5_o.png

The color for this series is Dark Blue (similar to the color in TLM1 series)! 

48370276672_051e6e471c_o.png

Series P would introduce 15 new pieces: Balaclava, cycling helmet, girly hairpiece, fantasy purple hairpiece, crow+hair combo, candy cane suit, white chess knight suit, Beethoven hairpiece, traditional chinese hat, hood+long hair combo, sea turtle, snorkeling mask, cap with pin, building suit, gorilla baby mask. 

48370275732_6049c85107_c.jpg

Bag:

48370145041_cb04eb0a27_b.jpg

Leaflet:

48370143781_d0fe066dd6_b.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

48370276872_ce9c2838ce_c.jpg

Thanks for reading. Can't wait to share Series Q next October :classic:

48370143256_c04f0333af_b.jpg

SERIES O                                                                                                                                                                     SERIES Q

33939913868_4a77fab068_n.jpg                                                                                            48770076101_5089ac230e_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

All of those are absolutely great, but the Matching-costume Dad & Baby Kong are just...pure cuteness overload perfection. :grin_wub:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

6. Peasant Woman

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hood + long hair piece. Bucket piece and handle. Black pig. Slope piece. Molded head introduced with the Series F Android Woman. Regular head and torso . New cloth cape

Some nice ones in there, although you have the wrong head description for Peasant Woman.

I love the Monster Hunter and the balaclava piece.

Edited by MAB

This is a very nice addition to the series. My top 5 are: The White Chess Knight, The Monster Hunter, The Snorkeler, The Musician & The Woodcutter Pig

One Thing, for the Snorkeler, the description correctly claims 9 pieces, but you only list 8 of them. You forgot the Star Fish. And could also maybe put a (x2) next to the diving flippers.

Oh, that Metropolis homage, and the  Matching-Costume Dad is a brilliant idea. Another great set of figures!

Edited by K_Tiger

Damn it Robert, Van Helsing and the Maschinenmensch together in this Series? :thumbup: :cry_happy:

Just now, K_Tiger said:

Oh, that Metropolis, and the  Matching-Costume Dad is a brilliant idea. Another great set of figures!

Indeed, that Matching-Costume Dad is a "costumed" CMF I can get behind... :thumbup: :blush:

If LEGO did that peasant with black pig, I would be ruined.
Excellent job as always. You rock.
Now let me tell you yours are better than the Boudon's ones with all due respect to Boudon's nice work.

I should also add, I really do love how your Peasant Woman design turned out; and, I initially didn't notice that the Automaton (i.e. the Maschinenmensch) is reusing your custom head mold from Series F's Android! :thumbup: :smug:

Plus, I just remembered that you've had designs for that Monster Hunter CMF as far back as 2014 from what I'm aware, based upon this suggestion you made:

On 9/14/2014 at 12:16 AM, Robert8 said:

13. Gender: Male

Occupation/print on torso: Monster Hunter

Type of headgear: Butch Cavendish headpiece (black hat and hair)

Type of facial expression: Confident/angry. Black bandana printed (just eyes visible)

Color on torso/legs: (All black) leather vest and trench coat

Accessory: Crossbow

Another amazing series, Robert8! That peasant woman really grows on me... what a great figure :wub:

The other ones I really like include the dark fairy, snorkeler, composer, lantern guy, and the monster hunter (Belmont!). 

The costumed dad is hilarious, very creative and great parts too. I also like how lines are being continued with the chess knight and lumberjack pig. Looking forward to the chess king! 

My only criticism is that most cyclists I see around my city are colorful and I don’t think red/black was a good combination but the figure is good otherwise. I would have preferred blue/green 

Great work, I always look forward to seeing these! 

Another fantastic series, Rob! I absolutely adore the automaton—she’d probably display well with your Chaplin and cartoon figs! And the Monster Hunter is one of my favorite character archetypes you’ve come up with.

5 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

I also like how lines are being continued with the chess knight and lumberjack pig. Looking forward to the chess king!

I was going to say the same thing, this is really nice to have that kind of collection on long term. I'm totally fan of the chess and the pigs. Do we're going to have the Big Bad Wolf or the last little pig the next time ? This series is again a great series, just wow. I'd take 15 on 16 but it's not a surprise to me anymore,  I get used to be a big fan of your work. Clever reuse of Spy hairpiece. The accessories are as great as the minifigs. Thank you and Bravo !

Edited by notpennysboat

Robert, will you ever cease to amaze? I love the Monster Hunter, the Automaton, the Thief, The Musician, and the Peasant Girl! Fantastic series, overall!

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the feedback!

1 hour ago, Eggyslav said:

Robert, will you ever cease to amaze?

Sure hope not, cause that will be a very sad day

1 hour ago, notpennysboat said:

Do we're going to have the Big Bad Wold or the last little pig the next time ?

Oh.... you will see, you will see :classic:

1 hour ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Another fantastic series, Rob! I absolutely adore the automaton—she’d probably display well with your Chaplin and cartoon figs! And the Monster Hunter is one of my favorite character archetypes you’ve come up with.

Thanks Nerd-with-a-Pencil

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Another amazing series, Robert8! That peasant woman really grows on me... what a great figure :wub:

The other ones I really like include the dark fairy, snorkeler, composer, lantern guy, and the monster hunter (Belmont!). 

The costumed dad is hilarious, very creative and great parts too. I also like how lines are being continued with the chess knight and lumberjack pig. Looking forward to the chess king! 

My only criticism is that most cyclists I see around my city are colorful and I don’t think red/black was a good combination but the figure is good otherwise. I would have preferred blue/green 

Thanks. I considered a white/blue/green color scheme but he would look very similar to the Series J Motocross Racer

8 hours ago, MAB said:

Some nice ones in there, although you have the wrong head description for Peasant Woman.

Thanks! Fixed it!

7 hours ago, Drew15 said:

This is a very nice addition to the series. My top 5 are: The White Chess Knight, The Monster Hunter, The Snorkeler, The Musician & The Woodcutter Pig

One Thing, for the Snorkeler, the description correctly claims 9 pieces, but you only list 8 of them. You forgot the Star Fish. And could also maybe put a (x2) next to the diving flippers.

Oh thanks. Its already fixed!

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

If LEGO did that peasant with black pig, I would be ruined.
Excellent job as always. You rock.
Now let me tell you yours are better than the Boudon's ones with all due respect to Boudon's nice work.

*oh2* I don't know about that... But thanks anyway :classic::thumbup: