Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Ya know, it'll be interesting to see how many (if any) of your archetype ideas finally make their debut in Series 19, as it's been strange to see how few have actually come to be realized after the fact. :look:

But then again, since the time you started working on these, I guess we've only seen three "numbered" Series from Lego anyway. :sad:

Considering this will be the first normal series released in september since 2016, I bet there will more than one horror/christmas character. From the ones Ive posted, I'd say Mrs Santa, Snowman, Grim Reaper and Zombie Woman are the most likely to appear in S19

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering this will be the first normal series released in september since 2016, I bet there will more than one horror/christmas character. From the ones Ive posted, I'd say Mrs Santa, Snowman, Grim Reaper and Zombie Woman are the most likely to appear in S19

It feels weird to have a "normal" series when apparently what's more "normal" (typical?) now are licensed CMF series.

3 hours ago, makoy said:

It feels weird to have a "normal" series when apparently what's more "normal" (typical?) now are licensed CMF series.

'Tis a pity... :cry_sad:

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Why of course, I keep forgetting that aspect! :sweet: I'm hoping to see a Dickensian Caroler like yours soon! :grin:

Hey Roberto, This is kinda a dumb question that u've probably gotten b4.... But, where do u come up with the ideas for new pieces... What is ur process for imagining them and then creating them. Thnx... and keep up the good work!

On 5/2/2019 at 6:05 PM, Robert8 said:

I am using the spanish alphabet, as Im a native speaker of the language. 'Ch' and 'll' are not longer letters. Those were removed like 20 years ago. That pic  outdated. :laugh:

But with the all the series, the advent calendar and another idea I have in mind, there will be around 500 ideas. I think thats more than enough. :laugh:

Well i won't doubt u... I am currently learning Spanish in High School from another native speaker, however that's not why i'm responding. I just want to say that even if those letters are outdated, you could still use them to allow for more space for ur future ideas. It'll really just allow u to keep the same system for a longer period of time. Also one question.... What kind of Advent calendar are u making? City? Star Wars? Ninjago? Castle? thnx.

Edited by Drew15

7 hours ago, Drew15 said:

Hey Roberto, This is kinda a dumb question that u've probably gotten b4.... But, where do u come up with the ideas for new pieces... What is ur process for imagining them and then creating them. Thnx... and keep up the good work!

With new hairpieces, I first I have to think on what the hairpiece will be according to the archetype and then I have to imagine how it will look as a 3D plastic piece. In these cases I rely mostly on my imagination. The Pixie, the Nymph, the Doll, the Porridge Eater, the Puppet and the Valkyrie are some examples of this

In some cases there are references that I use for drawing the hairpiece, like Marie Antoinette, Charles Chaplin, Edgar Allan Poe, Benjamin Franklin or Beethoven. I made those using as reference figurines of those characters.

Most of the accesories I make exist in real life, so I look for pictures of reference on google and then I proceed to make a LEGO version of the object. The hula ring, the paper bag, the candy cane, the crow, the lute, and animals like the beaver, the seahorse and the seal

There are a few cases, when I can do pretty much what I want because it's a "made up" thing like the Alien Leader's head. The Farmer Pig's head and the Retro Robot head. As long as they recognizable as what they are supposed to represent, it's fine

7 hours ago, Drew15 said:

What kind of Advent calendar are u making? City? Star Wars? Ninjago? Castle? thnx.

It's a group of 24 Holiday (aka Christmas) CMFs, inspired by real life, Christmas stories, christmas characters, some costumes, etc. 

With a colour change, the Loch Guy is a minifigure version of LEGO's own Brickley ...

3300001-1.png

I think that would need a special mold to represent a "brick-built" mask, similar to the Unikitty mask in Series N.

But thats a nice idea I didnt even think of before :thumbup:

Yes. This saturday sounds about right for that. 

Damn this is going fast... Series O already :oh:

Just now, Robert8 said:

Yes. This saturday sounds about right for that. 

Awesome... :thumbup: :smug:

Just now, Robert8 said:

Damn this is going fast... Series O already :oh:

Thankfully, these two months in between Series always fly faster than I ever count on them going! :blush:

Too bad though the same doesn't seem to hold true for Lego's own CMS... :sad:

What the... *huh*

WHO DA HECK MOVED THIS TOPIC FROM THE MINIFIGURE CUSTOMIZATION WORKSHOP OVER TO THE SPECIAL LEGO THEMES SUBFORUM?! :distressed:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What the... *huh*

WHO DA HECK MOVED THIS TOPIC FROM THE MINIFIGURE CUSTOMIZATION WORKSHOP OVER TO THE SPECIAL LEGO THEMES SUBFORUM?! :distressed:

I asked Whitefang to do it. And then he kindly did so.

The Customization Workshop is for modified LEGO minifigures, which is not what I do. Thats why my thread was the only one of this kind to be in that forum. Other CMFs drafts topics (like Yooha's) were in either the licensed or the special themes forum. So then, its only fitting that this thread stays in this forum. 

This is something Ive been thinking about pretty much right after I first opened it, 3 years ago. 

Edited by Robert8

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I asked Whitefang to do it. And then he kindly did so.

The Customization Workshop is for modified LEGO minifigures, which is not what I do. Thats why my thread was the only one of this kind to be in that forum. Other CMFs drafts topics (like Yooha's) where in either the licensed or the special themes forum. So then, its only fitting that this thread stays in this forum. 

This is something Ive been thinking about pretty much right after I first opened it, 3 years ago. 

Most sound reasoning I must say! :thumbup: I do hope your work will now be receiving tenfold the attention it had received then over at that subforum! :blush:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Series O debuts next Saturday :classic:

Damn Robert, now I reeeeally want a female counterpart to Series 7's Hippie from Lego... :excited: ...that's an instant favorite at first sight!!! :thumbup: :blush:

P.S. That Business Guy's eyes. Is he, um, overcaffinated there? *huh*

Hippie Chick's colors are amazing! I'm assuming the other two are Wraith and either Early Bird or Workaholic.

That grim reaper/ghost has really caught my eye!

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. That Business Guy's eyes. Is he, um, overcaffinated there? *huh*

For some reason I love that face now! It's pretty amusing.:laugh:

17 hours ago, Karalora said:

I'm assuming the other two are Wraith and either Early Bird or Workaholic.

17 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

That grim reaper/ghost has really caught my eye!

A Wraith? Is that that indeed what he's supposed to be in relation to Series 14's Spectre and Series D's Grim Reaper:shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

The wraith is reaaally spooky! I love him!

Also, some time ago I did design a female hippie minifig, and she also utilized Vitruvius' hair piece!

Edited by Eggyslav

7 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Also, some time ago I did design a female hippie minifig, and she also utilized Vitruvius' hair piece!

Ooooooh, as a drawing or a render?! :excited: