Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

How can I do what Roberto does?

How does one respond to another person? 

Also I have a google doc with 16 custom series.

9 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As I've shared over on Flickr, my standout favorites from this series are the Mounted Policeman and the Saree Girl, with honorable mention for your female counterparts to Lego's Series 5 Eskimo and Series 7 Jungle Boy CMFs! And, like I'd said there too, your Supervillain is this series' most unusually delightful surprise! :thumbup: :wub:

Damn, it's going to be quite hard waiting until April for your Series Ñ... :purrr:

Speaking of such, is that supposed to be a new shade of green introduced for this archetype, or is it just simply Olive Green? :shrug_confused:

Those are some excellent ideas @Drew15:thumbup: Might I suggest sharing them over at this topic too! :wink:

By that, do you mean renders/illustrations?! :oh3:

Well i don't know how to do what Roberto does so i don't have illustrations. However I do have a google doc with 16 customized series. If you guys would like to see more of my ideas I can post a link so anyone can view.

Edited by Drew15

5 hours ago, Drew15 said:

Hey Roberto, I really like what you do

11 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

And it's pretty much all killer and no filler.:thumbup:

4 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Nice job!

Thanks for your comments. Glad you like these :laugh:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As I've shared over on Flickr, my standout favorites from this series are the Mounted Policeman and the Saree Girl, with honorable mention for your female counterparts to Lego's Series 5 Eskimo and Series 7 Jungle Boy CMFs! And, like I'd said there too, your Supervillain is this series' most unusually delightful surprise! :thumbup: :wub:

Thanks. I guess the green could be olive green if real :classic:

6 minutes ago, Drew15 said:

This is a link to my Custom CMFS, Roberto Please take a look at them!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q9ZHGm--Zcidnr6NycgeqQD9-lXrAtW25rslYHQtBp8/edit?usp=sharing 

Please make sure to view the google doc and not edit it.... Suggestions are acceptable tho.

Thank you so much for sharing those ideas. They are quite neat

Some of those you'll see them in this thread: Centaur, Reggae Man, Prince Charming, Muse, Comedian, Invisible Man, etc....

Did you see the Fox Suit Girl in The LEGO Movie 2? 

Just now, Robert8 said:

Thank you so much for sharing those ideas. They are quite neat

Some of those you'll see them in this thread: Centaur, Reggae Man, Prince Charming, Muse, Comedian, Invisible Man, etc....

Did you see the Fox Suit Girl in The LEGO Movie 2? 

Wait in your next series or TLG Series 19?

And yeah, I saw the Fox Girl and that is what was the final straw... I had the idea earlier but the LEGO Movie 2 reminded me of the fact that I had that idea in my head before.

Just now, Drew15 said:

Wait in your next series or TLG Series 19?

No, I meant in this thread. But not the very next series. Muse will be in Series O, Prince Charming in Series Q, etc...

Just now, Robert8 said:

No, I meant in this thread. But not the very next series. Muse will be in Series O, Prince Charming in Series Q, etc...

oh, ok... Would you use any of my other ideas, such as Crusader, Classy Spy, Cricket Counselor, etc.?

U should totally make a new rose piece for prince charming!

Edited by Drew15

Wow, this series is fantastic!

My favorites, in the order you posted them:

Saree Girl
Flying Man
Jungle Girl Love the Snake)
Jousting Knight (Love the Horse Plume)
Mounted Policeman (Love the Beaver)
Witch Doctor

Other notables:

Android
Cosplayer
Alien Tracker (Love the Alien)
Toddler Girl
Bandito
Zombie Woman (Love the Dog)
Eskimo (Love the Seal)

Overall, the Saree Girl, Witch Doctor, and Mounted Policeman are my top 3.

Thanks for sharing another great series of creations with us!

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks. I guess the green could be olive green if real :classic:

So, that is supposed to be Olive Green portrayed there? :shrug_confused:

21 hours ago, Drew15 said:

This is a link to my Custom CMFS, Roberto Please take a look at them!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q9ZHGm--Zcidnr6NycgeqQD9-lXrAtW25rslYHQtBp8/edit?usp=sharing 

Please make sure to view the google doc and not edit it.... Suggestions are acceptable tho.

Whoa, now that's a lot to pour over... :thumbup: :distressed:

Excellent series @Robert8 :sweet:

Glad that you have started to include more animals, the beaver, seal and snake are awesome :thumbup:

In addition to the animals my favorite fig is probably the knight :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Excellent series @Robert8 :sweet:

Glad that you have started to include more animals, the beaver, seal and snake are awesome :thumbup:

In addition to the animals my favorite fig is probably the knight :wink:

Thanks. Originally my idea with Series N was that every minifigure would come with an animal either real (seal, snake) or not (microscale horse, robotic dog). And even sci fi "animals" like the one with the Alien Tracker. But I didn't like how the whole Series looked all together and I ended up scrapping that idea. Pilgrim Woman with a turkey, Snorkerler with a sea turtle and Birdwatcher with a toucan are some of the minifigures who were removed from this series. And also the Blue Boy with the lamb was originally in this series as well but he went to Series M instead.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, that is supposed to be Olive Green portrayed there? :shrug_confused:

I kind of cheat with the colors because I don't really stick to LEGO's color palette :blush:. I was just saying that if this minifigure is produced by LEGO, that color would be their olive green

23 hours ago, x105Black said:

Wow, this series is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing another great series of creations with us!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad you liked them :classic:

On 2/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, Drew15 said:

oh, ok... Would you use any of my other ideas, such as Crusader, Classy Spy, Cricket Counselor, etc.?

U should totally make a new rose piece for prince charming!

Well, I'll try to use some of those suggestions. As I said some are already done and ready to be posted. 

Again, thanks for sharing :classic: 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Pilgrim Woman with a turkey, Snorkerler with a sea turtle and Birdwatcher with a toucan are some of the minifigures who were removed from this series.

Oooooh, the Pilgrim Woman and Birdwatcher archetypes sound awesome! :thumbup: :sweet:

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I kind of cheat with the colors because I don't really stick to LEGO's color palette :blush:. I was just saying that if this minifigure is produced by LEGO, that color would be their olive green

Ah, I see! :classic:

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooooh, the Pilgrim Woman and Birdwatcher archetypes sound awesome! :thumbup: :sweet:

Ah, I see! :classic:

Don't worry. Pilgrim Woman will appear very soon. The other 2 will appear at some point :classic:

6 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I really, really love this series! Favorites of mine are the Android, Supervillain, Alien Tracker, and Zombie Woman.

Thank you @Nerd-with-a-Pencil 

I was wondering what happened with the CMF series you were going to post? Is it still happening? 

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I was wondering what happened with the CMF series you were going to post? Is it still happening? 

Hoo boy; truth be told I haven't given it much thought for a while. I might get it back up and running, once I reevaluate my selections to make sure I don't use any concepts you beat me to. But I'm afraid I've long since lost access to adobe illustrator, so if I do show them they'll just be pencil and paper drawings.

Lots of awesome ideas and designs once again, but I think the real stars of the show this time around are the animal accessories! The snake, the seal, the beaver, the robot dog, the ZOMBIE DOG!!! The Cosplayer is also funny as heck and would work great in a scene with your Theme Park Mascot from the last series!

Whoa, this series has some good minifgures, the designs has amazed me again! *oh2*

Minifigs that I totally dig is the Bandito, the Jousting Knight, the Zombie Girl, Alien Tracker (I thought he spreads the aliens when I first saw him hehe!), and the Cosplayer (That unikitty suit looks darn cute!).

But...ultimately, my fav is the Supervillain, Saree Girl and the Witch Doctor! Amazingly detailed and their accessories just looked so good that I really wish I could have 'em in real life haha! And I think I'll say the same for the Cosplayer too! That cuteness there!

Again, great stuffs there and and thanks for showing! :laugh: :thumbup:

11 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Again, great stuffs there and and thanks for showing! :laugh: :thumbup:

Thank you so much :classic:

On 2/8/2019 at 8:54 AM, Karalora said:

Lots of awesome ideas and designs once again, but I think the real stars of the show this time around are the animal accessories! The snake, the seal, the beaver, the robot dog, the ZOMBIE DOG!!! The Cosplayer is also funny as heck and would work great in a scene with your Theme Park Mascot from the last series!

On 2/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Hoo boy; truth be told I haven't given it much thought for a while. I might get it back up and running, once I reevaluate my selections to make sure I don't use any concepts you beat me to. But I'm afraid I've long since lost access to adobe illustrator, so if I do show them they'll just be pencil and paper drawings.

Oh I see. I hope you'll share them at some point

One of the best series yet, Robert! Something to please everyone too, which is what the CMF series should all be about.

Keep up the excellent work!

Your designs never fail to impress, great job as always! Whenever I hear people say they’re running out of CMF ideas I point to here to show them there’s plenty left :P

By the way @Robert8, I know I've made an awful many number of suggestions in between your more recent series, but could you perhaps consider a Rocketeer-type CMF design for a future series? While I know such an archetype may seem too closely tied with the Rocketeer to be considered archetypical, the character does owe his roots to other "rocket-men" of film serials of the 1940's and 1950's, namely Commando Cody for notable instance.

Spoiler

COMMANDO-CODY-03

Plus, there are a great many directions you can take such a design without being too on-the-nose with the Rocketeer, just look at many of these original fan characters and designs! (Yes, many are indeed inspired after the Rocketeer, but they all try to aesthetically differ from the character to varying degrees:classic:

William Mai's Victoria F. Archer (Three images)

Spoiler

Victoria F. Archer - Style Experiment by WMDiscovery93

Victoria F. Archer by WMDiscovery93

Grayscale studies by WMDiscovery93

Marvel Comics' The Aviatrix

Spoiler

1731593-mystery_men___the_aviatrix_by_patrick_zircher.jpg

David Grant's RocketMan (Six suit designs, four helmet designs)

Spoiler

david-grant-pitch-character-concept2-1-jpg-original.jpg?1456073762

david-grant-pitch-character-concept-1-jpg-original.jpg?1456073760

david-grant-pitch-character-concepthead-jpg-original.jpg?1456073764

david-grant-pitch-character-concepthead3-jpg-original.jpg?1456073769

Daryl Wong's Alternate History Aviator

Spoiler

daryl-wong-dwjr-aviator-2.jpg?1481028894

Cinemaware's Rocket Ranger Reloaded

Spoiler

Rocket Ranger - Reloaded!

P.S. Just so you know, this is only a sampling! :wink:

Robert, what can I say that I haven't already said many times before? Amazing work, I would proudly own every single one of these, and the next time I wish on a star, I'll wish that Lego pays you for ALL of your designs and turns them into actual minifigures. 

Obligatory faves list - Saree Girl - BEAUTIFUL!; Mountie - the Beaver cinches it!; Jungle Girl; Zombie Woman; and Flying Guy ... I presume inspired by Icarus? Love me some mythological Minifigs ...

Anyway, awesome job, as usual. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for you comments! The next series is around the corner, including a circus character, a grim writer with a raven and a costumed minifigure who has been causing a lot of troubles at certain loch...

Series Ñ debuts on April 1st :classic:

Edited by Robert8