Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Another thing I love about your series is that there’s none of this 1 certain figure per box rubbish lol 

Hooray for the long-awaited return of @Robert8's CMFs with yet another glorious series! :moar:

I'll just say, as always, there's a lot to come away with for this one; and, my two favorites have to be the most surprising Airline Pilot and the M-Tron themed Space Explorer, the latter which most certainly did not disappoint! Also, another surprising archetype that's rather clever is the Mutant, something I would've never thought of! :thumbup: :grin:

Already looking forward to December's Series M! :purrr:

Not gonna lie, my favorite this go-around is definitely the Calaca--such fine detail! Also, I'm a big sucker for both holiday-related figures and cultural figures, and she's both!

19 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Chaos Lord:

Saloon Worker:

Thank your for writing those bios. At this point you've been writing them for +2years and I appreciate it a lot. The Chaos Lord's sounds like a plot for a LEGO movie :laugh:

9 hours ago, Karalora said:

Not gonna lie, my favorite this go-around is definitely the Calaca--such fine detail! Also, I'm a big sucker for both holiday-related figures and cultural figures, and she's both!

Thanks! There will a Christmas themed minifigure next series! I know you like those :classic:

7 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

The mutant made me laugh! Very good!

Thanks :laugh: He was originally more gruesome but I toned him down a little bit. Glad you liked him 

Edited by Robert8

On 9/29/2018 at 8:50 AM, Robert8 said:

I do have one of the purple ones (#16)

From the yellow ones, the only I don't have is #6

Cookies Seller and Maori Warrior (#4 and #7) will be part of Series L, which I'll post this Monday

#3 is already posted in Series K

Haha of course I know there's a terracotta :laugh:. I did see you say cookies ealier but without noticing its part of scout activity. :grin: It's not common in my place....

Still according to my readings, boomerangs don't belong to Maoris but only to Australian aboriginals, which is why I think this could be two different characters.

For the new characters, I like the Mutant and the Chaos Lord alot, of course my fav is still Calaca.

As for the other similiar idea you mentioned, supposed for an official blind bag I think dolphins might have some difficulties, while sea lions would be safer choice and it is also a new mold.

Edited by Dorayaki

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thank your for writing those bios. At this point you've been writing them for +years and I appreciate it a lot. The Chaos Lord's sounds like a plot for a LEGO movie :laugh:

Always a Pleasure Robert. :)

Actor

"..."

In the golden age of film, this Actor's unique style of wacky slapstick, a youthful and relatable persona, and a subtle air of melancholy and altruism made him one of the most beloved performers of his time. A great achievement, especially considering he did it while almost never speaking a word, on-screen or off! If his acting school taught him anything, it's that actions speak louder than words--a philosophy he adheres to at all times. But, when the times comes that something important truly needs to be said, you can count on the Actor to stand for what he believes in, and deliver a great speech that moves people to tears for generations to come.

Red Card Guard

"This is bad, this is bad..."

The Red Card Guard is in deep trouble. The Red Card Queen recently ordered several beautiful red rose bushes, with instructions for the Guards to receive and transplant them in a aesthetically pleasing manner. However, when they arrived, this poor soul was the first to realize that, for whatever reason, the roses they got where white! The Queen is famous throughout the land for her terrible temper--if the Red Card Guard doesn't fix this mix-up, and fast, it'll be off with his head! (Which, granted, isn't very deadly to a minifigure, but it ain't exactly a pleasant experience either)

Calaca

"C'mon, c'mon! We still have so much to see!"

Natural gateways between the minifigure world and the Monster Realm don't open up often; usually only one or two a year. But that doesn't stop the Calaca! Ever since she heard of the wonders of our world from the Festive Mariachi, she's been preparing for as many chances to visit us as she can; preparing her dress and decorations, and plotting the openings of gateways as precisely as possible. Always emerging on Halloween or the Day of the Dead, it's generally easy for her and her musical friend to get around to see and do what she wants--which is always a lot!

There will likely be more to come, but for now...

Love the actor bio, very nice and accurate...

Space Explorer

Mega Core Magnetizer to Mothership, come in! Our readings show radiation Anomalies in sector B, going EVA to investigate, over!

Space, the final frontier, there are a lot of new fantastic worlds to discover, and the space explorer wants to survey it all. Proud member of M:Tron mining and exploration crew, his Titanium alloyed powersuit is equipped with everything he needs to research any planet: remote probes, sensors, scanners, and even a jetpack, so that even the deepest chasms and craters won't stop him in his quest to traverse the galaxy far and wide. This intrepid minifigure is driven by his insatiable thirst of knowledge, but discovering what our universe has to offer is really time consuming, even with a state-of-art ship with FTL drive. Space Explorer has seen a lot, bizarre alien races, ancient remnants of lost space civilizations, advanced space tech, but there is so much more to discover, it would be impossible for him to expierience it all! Still, this brave pioneer boldly continues onward, to another mysterious planetary system, where no minifig has gone before...

Edited by Eggyslav

5 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

There will likely be more to come, but for now...

Thanks for those bios. 

They are wonderful and well-written. 

Of course, the Actor one is my favorite. But they are all beautiful

Fun fact: the Calaca was orginally coming with a 2x2 tile with a photo of her when she was alive. But I thought the candle would be more useful as an accesory 

By the way @Robert8, unless you do have something similar in mind down the road, might I suggest CMFs based upon Alpha Team's Ogel and Fright Knight's Basil the Bat Lord. Respectively, they could be named Evil Mastermind/Supervillain and Vampire Knight/Lord:classic:

On 10/2/2018 at 7:41 AM, Dorayaki said:

As for the other similiar idea you mentioned, supposed for an official blind bag I think dolphins might have some difficulties, while sea lions would be safer choice and it is also a new mold.

One of the Series 2 TLBM CMFs did already come with a dolphin, so it's not quite out of the question:

Brickset - 71020-6 Swimming Pool Batman

Oh, and by the way, you should also share your concept sketches over at this topic! :wink:

Digger of Bricks you are starting to freak me out a little bit

There is no way you can guess all of that. But yeah, I do have an updated Ogel minifigure in line. Also I have Supervillain and Evil Mastermind. So, you guessed 3 minifigures there

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But yeah, I do have an updated Ogel minifigure in line. Also I have Supervillain and Evil Mastermind. So, you guessed 3 minifigures there

Wow, so you have three archetypes in the pipeline based in some way or another upon my first suggestion... :distressed:

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

One of the Series 2 TLBM CMFs did already come with a dolphin, so it's not quite out of the question:

Brickset - 71020-6 Swimming Pool Batman

Oh, and by the way, you should also share your concept sketches over at this topic! :wink:

Thanx, I think I miss that. :tongue: But for the same result I'd like to see a new aquarium animal in the future as well.

As for the drawings I might use them in any next guessing game, perhaps?

Another amazing series! I love your work so much!! My favorites are Chaos Lord, Mutant, Supermarket Clerk, Cookies Seller and Calaca.

Oh, also, do you perhaps have any sort of Johnny Thunder/Indiana Jones inspired Adventurer/Archaeologist archetype in the pipeline for a future series @Robert8? How about a Villainous Baron archetype as a counterpart? :classic:

will you do a tan army man, but you can change equipment or make him a general to make it not so much the same as the green one, really you should have made you're army man tan to begin with

On 10/2/2018 at 7:41 AM, Dorayaki said:

For the new characters, I like the Mutant and the Chaos Lord alot, of course my fav is still Calaca.

If you love the Calaca, @Catanas has just rendered herself a Dia de Muertos themed SigFig:

Speedcat Dia de Muertos

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, also, do you perhaps have any sort of Johnny Thunder/Indiana Jones inspired Adventurer/Archaeologist archetype in the pipeline for a future series @Robert8? How about a Villainous Baron archetype as a counterpart? :classic:

Don't worry

Adventurer is ready and waiting to be posted. :classic:

On 10/5/2018 at 9:22 AM, Fifulin said:

Another amazing series! I love your work so much!! My favorites are Chaos Lord, Mutant, Supermarket Clerk, Cookies Seller and Calaca.

Thank Fifulin. Glad you liked them :classic:

Awesome! I have done some LEGO accessory pack ideas on my youtube channel ( BricksandBlocks, if you are wondering), and I'm panning on possibly making a CMF draft as well!

On 10/2/2018 at 1:30 AM, Robert8 said:

Thanks! There will a Christmas themed minifigure next series! I know you like those :classic:

I love all kinds of holiday-related figures! But let's be real--Christmas and Halloween have the most potential for interesting characters, and there are lots of Halloween minifigs. Christmas is less explored territory.