Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Aw, sorry @Nerd-with-a-Pencil, next time We'll wait for you to choose, I promise.

Terracota Soldier

Any Moment now...

Made from heat-hardened clay, the Terracota Soldier was buried amongst thousands like him in Qin Emperor's tomb. It is prophecied that one day The Emperor's ghost will rise from the dead, and will lead hisTerracota army to conquer the world. Even though the Soldier is just a statue, deep in his terracota heart he is a true warrior, and is so eager to fight for his emperor. Problem is, that millenia have passed and the Emperor is still asleep, Terracota Soldier even thought about waking him up, but he can't just leave his Post...

Politician:

Vote for me and I promise to lower the Lego Sets prices, Bring back Sand Red to the colour palette, Revitalize old themes, and build a Lego Brand Store in every city and town!

Ah, democracy, for some a perfect system, where the whole nation has an influence in Politics, to others, a way for crazy dictators, thieves and liars to seize the power over the country. Luckilly the Politician is none of those things. When it comes to Election, he makes a lot of promises, and, he actually keeps them... For better or for worse. Like that one time, when he promised the return of old themes, but the Budget only allowed to bring back Jack Stone and Galidor. But despite these political hiccups, he still is popular amongst the people, and he is sure to get reelected.

Edited by Eggyslav

3 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

I've edited the Nymph's bio a little to avoid any wrong impressions.

Oh I was just joking :grin:

@Eggyslav The Politician's bio is one of your best ones so far :laugh: And yeah, whatever happened to sand red?

Aww heck, here's one for old time's sake:

Beanstalk Climber

"Golly! Looks like things are looking UP for me!"

The Beanstalk Climber is not what you'd call lucky, a cadre of very big older brothers, a ramshackle cottage for a home, and naught but a bone-thin cow to the family name. Desperate for food, he traded his cow away for a trio of beans he was told were magic. Despite harsh words from his mother, when the Beanstalk Climber awoke, he discovered the beans had grown into a giant beanstalk reaching into the sky! At the top was a golden castle, filled with many treasures--the greatest of which was a goose that laid eggs of glittering gold! One daring escape later, and the Beanstalk Climber ensured his family would never go hungry again.

I like the Pirate Queen, Nymph, Beanstalk Climber, Tooth Fairy, Grave Digger, Terracotta Warrior, Closet Monster, and Jouster.  There are interesting parts in others, but these minifigures stand out to me.  The tooth fairy character is evident from the tooth on the bag, i'd say it's unnecessary on the body.   And as for the Jouster, I think I'd prefer him in with white / black / blue / yellow, instead of red to more closely resemble the old Black Falcons.  Still, both are solid designs.  Of those I listed, I'd end up with multiples of all except the Tooth Fairy, and I'd have the most Closet Monsters, Pirate Queens, and Nymphs.  Best new piece is probably the goose.

Great designs.  I think I like this series more than others!

Edited by x105Black

On 17/1/2018 at 12:49 PM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Aww heck, here's one for old time's sake:

Beanstalk Climber

Thanks for that bio :laugh: 

On 18/1/2018 at 12:10 AM, x105Black said:

I like the Pirate Queen, Nymph, Beanstalk Climber, Tooth Fairy, Grave Digger, Terracotta Warrior, Closet Monster, and Jouster.  There are interesting parts in others, but these minifigures stand out to me.  The tooth fairy character is evident from the tooth on the bag, i'd say it's unnecessary on the body.   And as for the Jouster, I think I'd prefer him in with white / black / blue / yellow, instead of red to more closely resemble the old Black Falcons.  Still, both are solid designs.  Of those I listed, I'd end up with multiples of all except the Tooth Fairy, and I'd have the most Closet Monsters, Pirate Queens, and Nymphs.  Best new piece is probably the goose.

Great designs.  I think I like this series more than others!

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you liked them. That Jouster will have an opponent and that color scheme you suggested sounds just right for him 

I know I sound like a broken record but LEGO needs to hire you ASAP. There are so many of your figures I would buy if you would start printing them. 

Very nice series with a lot of different figs!

Hopefully Lego will keep making the normal series and not only licensed ones in the years to come *huh*

On 20/1/2018 at 5:53 PM, froggy95 said:

I know I sound like a broken record but LEGO needs to hire you ASAP. There are so many of your figures I would buy if you would start printing them. 

On 21/1/2018 at 12:19 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Finally got round to this series, and the Jouster and terracotta warrior are the real standouts for me!

Thanks 

21 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Very nice series with a lot of different figs!

Hopefully Lego will keep making the normal series and not only licensed ones in the years to come *huh*

Thanks

And agree 100%. Licensed series will be never be as good as the regular ones :grin:

Roberto, TLG should take example of your creative ideas and go back to the normal collectible minifigures which were perfectly fine until these expensive, licensed, crappy minifigs came up. Now there are rumors Harry Potter will be next. There are so many possibilities with designing new minifigures that one has to wonder why TLG made so many repetitions of the same type in both genders.
I really hope to see some day your designs on the shelves while you get the credit you deserve. Or maybe in the future we will be able to design our own LEGO minifigures and pay&print them.

Keep up the good work!

On 1/23/2018 at 9:19 AM, R0Sch said:

Roberto, TLG should take example of your creative ideas and go back to the normal collectible minifigures which were perfectly fine until these expensive, licensed, crappy minifigs came up. Now there are rumors Harry Potter will be next. There are so many possibilities with designing new minifigures that one has to wonder why TLG made so many repetitions of the same type in both genders.
I really hope to see some day your designs on the shelves while you get the credit you deserve. Or maybe in the future we will be able to design our own LEGO minifigures and pay&print them.

Keep up the good work!

I totally agree but unfortunately I think we are in the minority...

@Robert8 This last series hit the ball out of the park. So many great designs and that Pirate Queen is just awesome. I wonder if you could partner with a third party like  BrickWarriors and get some of these minifigs brought into the physical realm? Or even start a Kickstarter page? I would definitely support.

Robert, you might want to see this:

tn_LEGO-CMF-18-Dragon-Suit-Guy_jpg.jpg

According to Brickset, It's Legit from upcoming Series 18, looks familiar doesn't it?

33580634384_7008a83154_o.png

Edited by Eggyslav

18 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

According to Brickset, It's Legit from upcoming Series 18, looks familiar doesn't it?

See also: 

70403reddragon__49563.1493069138.jpg?c=2

I don't think Robert's design was used. Red dragon costumes, both they are indeed. But their previously-produced dragon matches up much better.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

On 23/1/2018 at 8:19 AM, R0Sch said:

Roberto, TLG should take example of your creative ideas and go back to the normal collectible minifigures which were perfectly fine until these expensive, licensed, crappy minifigs came up.

Thanks. And I agree: Long live the regular CMFs!

On 25/1/2018 at 10:09 AM, Mike S said:

@Robert8 This last series hit the ball out of the park. So many great designs and that Pirate Queen is just awesome.

Thanks.

About the bootlegs, I don't know about that. I'm a purist but thank you for your interest

7 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Yes. That's the Dragon Suit Guy from Series 18. He looks awesome. 

But yeah, @8BrickMario is right. They just shrinked the 2013 Castle Dragon to minifigure size

Honestly, I don't think they took the idea from this thread.Heck, I don't even think they have ever seen this thread. A dragon costume is a prety common suggestion I've seen in forums and social media.

Also my Dragon has something the LEGO Dragon will never have: an amazing bio written by @Nerd-with-a-Pencil :classic:

29 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

About the bootlegs, I don't know about that. I'm a purist but thank you for your interest

I am too but I'm losing faith in Lego especially with the drought of regular CMF's. This next series doesn't really do much for me either and it seems it might be a year before another regular series is released, if one is even released.

Every series has been updated with the bag, the leaflet and box distribution pictures

25688014187_444c059138_n.jpg   38748248900_066a436e2f_n.jpg   40558597401_c05d987aa7_n.jpg   40558619811_55f9fe4845_n.jpg

:classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic:

Edited by Robert8

Are you still considering creating a public Flickr account for your work? Also, what about a YouTube design tutorial?

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Are you still considering creating a public Flickr account for your work? Also, what about a YouTube design tutorial?

About the You Tube desing tutorial, I'd say it's unlikely as I have 0 experience making and editing videos

About the Flickr page, I fortgot about it. :grin: I'll do it soon

This should cover several of the bios that the writing team has since missed (anyone who wants to tackle the rest of the spares are more than welcome):
Lacrosse Player

"Hut, two! Hut, two! Hut, two!"

If you're looking for the Lacrosse Player, odds are you'd find him on the training field. Instilled with a love of the sport from a young age, he spends literally all of his free time practicing for the day when he finally joins a team...which may be a while off yet, considering he's the only fig in his tiny town who even realizes lacrosse is a real sport! It may be mildly obscure, but the Lacrosse Player doesn't mind--you get much fewer crazy fans for a sport that small. So he trains, and trains, and waits for his day in the sun to come.

Equestrienne

"Come one, Sunray, you and me!"

It was a sunny April day when a young Equestrienne first met the horse Sunray. Neglected and abandoned, the animal struck a heartwarming bond with the girl. Though her father discouraged her from going near it, a treatment of love and snacks slowly nursed the horse back to health. Eventually, the Equestrienne decided to run Sunray at her first race. And wouldn't you know it--it was a major success! With her father's renewed faith in her, the Equestrienne and her faithful mount have run many races in the days since, and her touching story has served as an inspiration to many of her peers.

Lion Suit Guy

"AAWHAWAZZAT"

Let's not beat around the bush--the Lion Suit Guy is a pretty big coward. He'll jump at the snap of a finger, and is wary even when the only other person in the room is his own shadow. Eventually, he decided: maybe if he looked like a lion, he'd have the courage of a lion! One internet order later, and the Lion Suit Guy was born! So far, he's seen only marginal improvement--he still gets queasy around heights, spiders, and vampires, but he's definitely getting better! And with people like him, that's an exceptional achievement indeed.

Pajama Party Girl

"Guuuuuys, I'm trying to sleeeeeeeeeeeeep..."

She may be enthusiastic about her friends, but the Pajama Party Girl is swiftly regretting inviting them over for an overnight party. Or perhaps the fault lies in her reasoning, for assuming that there would be any sleep at a party of this type. Nevertheless, her honored guests are simply too buzzed on junk food and sugar to do much but bounce about the house, making as much noise as a metal concert. This is not fun for the Pajama Party Girl, who was sure to partake in as many exhausting activities as possible in preparation for the upcoming festivities...

White Chess Pawn

"But...I was so...close."

At the start of every great chess game, the White Chess Pawn is undoubtedly the first on the board, marching on the black army to surround the Black Chess King and force a surrender! They've been told that should they make it to the black army territory in one piece, they could get a promotion--to a bishop, a knight, or even a Queen! However, they never do, because no one bothered to tell the White Chess Pawn exactly how slow and unwieldly of attack they are. Only moving one square at a time, and with a truly infuriating sword that only hits on the diagonal, the White Chess Pawn has yet to receive the crown of a White Chess Queen. But they still hope...

Movie Director

"Cut! Thunder, how many times I gotta tell ya--shoot the spaceships, ride the dragon--NOT the other way around!"

The Movie Director is considered by many to be a genius. Through his flawless method of fusing genres and cinematic stylings, he has created truly epic spectacles of film. However, stuffing Monster Fighters, Adventurers, Giant Robots, Pirates and more all into the same 2-hour timeslot has left the actors, crew, and everyone else around him frazzled, exhausted, and on the verge of mutiny. Sadly, his films are too popular for the studio to ever consider stopping their production, so the cast and crew have to express their dissatisfaction in whatever subtle ways they can.

Ventriloquist

"I think it's time we call it a night. 'You, think? It'th a niracle!'"

Ventriloquism, while a nifty concept, is a little dated, belonging mostly in the vaudeville houses of days gone by. But that doesn't stop the Ventriloquist! He and his smart-aleck dummy have been touring small theaters and schools as far as their funds will take them, and they never feel to rake in the laughs. However, the Ventriloquist is something of a method actor, slipping into his dummy voice far away from the stage and his puppet. Some more paranoid types have began to wonder which of them truly is the 'dummy' of the relationship...

Cow Suit Girl

"Did you know milk has over seven essential vitamins and minerals?"

Milk. It's delicious, and no one knows that better than the Cow Suit Girl. She may seem grating in her incessant milk slurping, factoid sharing, and constant mooing, but her genuine enthusiasm for bovines and delicious dairy turns out rather endearing after a while. Just ask the Milkmaid--the Cow Suit Girl hardly leaves her alone, but the two eventually became the best of friends!

Martian

"Forget taking me to their leader, I'd settle for them taking me SERIOUSLY."

It's hard to be the front-line soldier of a galactic conquering army when one is 3 feet tall, green, and possessed of adorable deely-bopper antennae. Enlisted in the Alien Leader's intergalactic armada, the Martian has top-of-the-line weaponry, training, and hidden cybernetics, but no one he meets actually sees him as a credible threat. He's gotten kinda weird as a result, alternating between depressed monologuing and trigger-happy to vaporize anyone who looks at him funny.

Festive Mariachi

"Viva los muertos!"

Ever since he was a baby bones in Monstertown, the Festive Mariachi has wanted to visit the human realm. Everything was just so alive there--the colors, the food and ESPECIALLY the music, especially the energetic, happy music of the mariachi! After finding a piece of old Monster Fighter technology, his deathlong wish was finally granted, and he entered our realm--lucky for him,the area where he entered was celebrating a regional festival of the dead, so no one looked twice at the actual skeleton walking past them, agape with awe at the wonders of a life never lived. On his journey through the human realm, he met so many interesting people and learned so many interesting things that he eventually decided to keep a journal of all the friends he had made along the way. Where is this journal, you may ask? Why, you're reading it right now!

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Ohh what I surprise. Thank you so much for those bios @Nerd-with-a-Pencil :classic: I appreciate the time and effort you spent in this

My favorite has to be the Festive Mariachi's. I wonder if he came alone or maybe he brought his girlfriend with him :wink:

I also quite liked the Martian's. My idea with him was to make a friendly looking alien, but it seems he turned out to be quite the opposite :laugh:

Lion Suit Guy was exactly what I had in mind when I made him

As always, I like the inclusion of old minfigures in the bios, like the Milkmaid

Again, thank you :classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic::classic:

Thanks for the kind words @Robert8! Had to occupy myself during the hiatus somehow!

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

My favorite has to be the Festive Mariachi's. I wonder if he came alone or maybe he brought his girlfriend with him :wink:

I'm always down for more Calacas.

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Lion Suit Guy was exactly what I had in mind when I made him

Glad to hear it!