Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

13 hours ago, Robert8 said:

You know, in Series K there will be a minifigure thematically close to the Grim Reaper and the Underworld King. Hmmmm..... what could it be? :look:

I Guess it is going to be either Prozerpine, or, More likely Charon...

Just discovered these... can I say that I'm glad they aren't being made in bricks, because if so I'd be broke about now? :grin: 

Some amazing minifigures!  Top notch work!  Having just gone through the whole series, there are far to many standouts to even list, but I'll definitely be following this for future series!

Congrats on making it to the front page! There's always tons of stuff here for everyone, and now your audience will be that much bigger! I'll echo everyone's love for the French Queen. She looks spectacular, and I don't usually care about period characters.

Also, holy cow, how has there never been a Postman before?

Regarding to what has been happening in recent hours: 

THIS IS ONLY A FAN CREATION. IT'S A MOD. THAT'S IT. I'M NOT PRETENDING TO PASS THESE AS LEAKED PICTURES OF UPCOMING CMFS. AND I'M NOT PRETENDING TO BE A LEGO DESIGNER

Thanks  :sadnew:

Edited by Robert8

Already 10 series *huh*! That's a lot. I just took a moment to watch them all again. Great designs. Very usefull sci-fi, fantasy and city designs too. We probably should start the robert8 cmf game soon ;-)

Thanks to the frontpage I finally found my way in here, too.

Really fantastic creations, Robert8! :wub_drool:

Like some already stated: Thank God TLC didn't produce all of them (I spooted a few which have been issued in a slightly different manner), what would have blown my budget!
And while you're not pretending to be a LEGO designer, TLC still should keep an eye on you! :wink:

As always, Robert, great work. Love the Philosopher, The Underworld King, French Queen, The Green Martian, the Beatnik and surprisingly (to me) the Lady Wrestler the most, but I'd get a full set because they are all great. I always greatly enjoy seeing these, and hate it at the same time knowing they are not real and coming to a store near me.

On 13/11/2017 at 8:21 PM, Robert8 said:

Regarding to what has been happening in recent hours: 

THIS IS ONLY A FAN CREATION. IT'S A MOD. THAT'S IT. I'M NOT PRETENDING TO PASS THESE AS LEAKED PICTURES OF UPCOMING CMFS. AND I'M NOT PRETENDING TO BE A LEGO DESIGNER

Thanks  :sadnew:

UPDATE

Please help me to report these videos. They are using my stuff without permission. And some of them even removed my signature. 

Please take a couple of minutes to help me take these videos down. I would appreciate it a lot :classic:

As, I said earlier, I know they are people saying that I posted this pretending they were leaks for CMF S18, which is completely untrue. I never said such a thing 

Some of the those comments were already removed. But let me know if you find more videos like these or post on social media about. Again, I would appreciated a lot. 

And thanks for the members who sent me PMs letting me know this was happening :classic:

Edited by Robert8

On 11/10/2017 at 10:09 AM, Robert8 said:

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here...

On 11/13/2017 at 9:21 PM, Robert8 said:

...AND I'M NOT PRETENDING TO BE A LEGO DESIGNER

Uh huh.... So what's the TRUTH here, ROBERT? 

Another fabulous series as expected, Robert, particularly the French Queen and Philosopher. My only critique is inclusion of the 'name badge' on the bellhop, who would otherwise have been my favourite. It always irks me when Lego does this as it limits options for multiple use. I love the milk carton as an accessory for the cow costume girl and the Swiss Guard (I mean 'Gate Guard') was a great choice of figure.

See Lego? Regular series - something for all, everyone happy! Stop the now frequent themed and licensed series!

On 14/11/2017 at 5:16 AM, Borex said:

Already 10 series *huh*! That's a lot. I just took a moment to watch them all again. Great designs. Very usefull sci-fi, fantasy and city designs too. We probably should start the robert8 cmf game soon ;-)

Honestly. I doubt a lot of people would vote :grin:

On 14/11/2017 at 10:58 AM, Holodoc said:

Thanks to the frontpage I finally found my way in here, too.

Really fantastic creations, Robert8! :wub_drool:

Like some already stated: Thank God TLC didn't produce all of them (I spooted a few which have been issued in a slightly different manner), what would have blown my budget!
And while you're not pretending to be a LEGO designer, TLC still should keep an eye on you! :wink:

Thank you Hodoloc. :classic:

On 14/11/2017 at 12:12 PM, DarrellBricker said:

As always, Robert, great work. Love the Philosopher, The Underworld King, French Queen, The Green Martian, the Beatnik and surprisingly (to me) the Lady Wrestler the most, but I'd get a full set because they are all great. I always greatly enjoy seeing these, and hate it at the same time knowing they are not real and coming to a store near me.

Haha thanks. At this pace (1 regular CMF series per year) most of these probably will never happen

9 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Another fabulous series as expected, Robert, particularly the French Queen and Philosopher. My only critique is inclusion of the 'name badge' on the bellhop, who would otherwise have been my favourite. It always irks me when Lego does this as it limits options for multiple use. I love the milk carton as an accessory for the cow costume girl and the Swiss Guard (I mean 'Gate Guard') was a great choice of figure.

See Lego? Regular series - something for all, everyone happy! Stop the now frequent themed and licensed series!

Sadly, we'll have to wait a whole year from now to get the next regular CMF wave (if it ever happens). Thanks for leaving your thoughts anyway. Glad you liked them :classic:

9 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Uh huh.... So what's the TRUTH here, ROBERT? 

It's a different thing.

Some people are posting these minifigures on social media as "leaked upcomings designs"

On facebook, someone went as far as posting that I said Im a LEGO designer and these are upcoming minifigures, which is completely untrue. The facebook post was already deleted because I have a profile there and I talk to the guy. But these are still on Instagram. Unfortunately I don't have an account there so I can't talk with the people who posted it :sceptic:

man, this is fantastic
Why didn;t you already been contacted by the TLG for a job possition?
I am sending your data now to them :)

Is this what you teased me about a couple pages ago, @Robert8 ? A revamp of the Holiday Elf Girl?

Just now, Karalora said:

Is this what you teased me about a couple pages ago, @Robert8 ? A revamp of the Holiday Elf Girl?

Nope

It's another holiday minifigure coming in Series K :grin:

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Nope

It's another holiday minifigure coming in Series K :grin:

Okay...but I'm watching you!

That Medusa shield makes me mildly angry, not because of the design, which is excellent (very well done), but because we really should have gotten that with the Battle Goddess, instead of that generic pegasus design. Athena carried the Gorgon shield, but LEGO missed that opportunity.

Do you think you could leave an image of the original Series B up for comparison purposes. I can't appreciate everything that has changed.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:05 AM, 8BrickMario said:

Do you think you could leave an image of the original Series B up for comparison purposes. I can't appreciate everything that has changed.

Sure

These are the before/after pics showing the most important changes

Spoiler

27681862495_8e4e938e42.jpg37566844705_c7ba2fef51.jpg

27681862295_f3e6d75f06.jpg37566843875_176e187236.jpg

27681863625_6463fc36e8_z.jpg37891473605_71ca8bc67c_z.jpg

By the gods, these are fantastic!! :wub:

I love the fact that you keep coming up with more and more designs and ideas! I know I'm late to the party here, but I just can't express how blown away I am!
Keep up the fantastic work, I'm dying to see more! :laugh:

With Series J we reached the 10th series of ideas for CMFs. Yay!

So, now we have enough series to fill the first encyclopedia of minifigures, featuring the characters from Series A to J. Of course. a LEGO book needs an exclusive character......

IDEAS FOR COLLECTABLE MINIFIGURES: CHARACTER ENCYCLOPEDIA. VOL I

Exclusive Character: Festive Mariachi

Festive Mariachi

Part assortment: Sombrero piece. Guitar piece. Regular head, torso and legs

25614466798_84b10d4b1c_o.png