Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

It's Bios time!

Philosopher:

We might be just Toys in the hands of higher beings, We even might not exist at all, being just a projection of our creator's ideas.

Since he was young, the Philosopher was struggling with the most existential conundrums. Who are we? Why Are we Here? Is there a purpose to our life? Even most trivial things, like going shopping instantly put him into contemplative mood. He talked to many other minifigs, the Teacher, the Sensei, The Scientist, The Clairvoyant, he even mustered his all courage, and had a chat with Grim Reaper himself, but no one gave him any deffinite answers. To cope with all those quandaries, he created his own philosophical school. Naturally it's not a regular old boring school with classes, blackboards and stuff (much to Schoolboy's dissapointment), but rather a place, where the greatest minifigure minds share their most ingenious and craziest ideas and theories, while having a nice walk around Legopolis' Agora. Philosopher himself wrote many treatises about the nature of things...

Cyborg Man

Hasta la Vista, sister! See you in Universe 44632!

This cybernetically enhanced Mercenary is the Paralel Universe equivalent to Series 16 Cyborg. And since Interdimentional gates are abandoned, he can jump between Dimensions to his heart content. During his Multiverse excursions, the Cyborg Man have seen many incredible worlds, Worlds where minifigs don't have arms and faces, World where everything is made out of basic bricks, World where Robert8's Minifigure Designs were made real by TLG. And many, Many more. He not only met his Female self, but also Evil himself, Non Cybernetic himself, Pirate himself, Zombie himself and inverted colors himself. But after all of those adventures, he wound up in our universe, and joined forces with other defenders of ours and not only ours galaxy.

Postman:

Special Delivery!

Postal service is a good job, challenging work, at outdoors, and you're guaranteed you won't go hungry, if at least there are two minifigs on earth, someone will want to send someone a letter. Or a postcard, or a package. This is the motto of the happy go lucky postman. Even when the weather is bad, the package is heavy, and the dogs constantly attack him, he bravely searches the right address, He knows that somewhere The Artist needs his new set of brushes, Grandpa waits for the new issue of "Old Times", and the Stowaway urgently needs his letter in a bottle delivered. That's a lot of work, but the Postman is here to take care of it.

Gate Guard:

As long as they pay me, I won't let anyone pass!

Don't be fooled by his flamboyant uniform, the Stalwart Gate Guard is a force to be reckoned with. A roving soldier of fortune, he is a guard for hire. For a reasonable price, he'll gladly protect your palace or manor from any intrusion. He served many political and religious leaders, kings, princes, lords and ladies, and they all were impressed by his battle prowess, as well as his stature and presence. Be warned though, as stalwart as Gate Guard is, he is also very fierce and ruthless. If you won't pay him for doing his job, you might meet the sharp end of Gate Guard's Pike yourself! That one time, when some cheapskate bishop didn't pay him, he and his friends sacked the whole city, and left it's denizens at the mercy of their enemy.

Edited by Eggyslav

2 hours ago, RebelliousRebel said:

Hey, do you mind if i use these for a CMF roleplay?

How so? Where? :classic:

As always Robert8, amazing designs. So fun, varied, detailed and true to the CMF series. There's almost always something for everyone.

Love the postman. I have a friendly relationship with my mailman and he frequently comes to my door and says "got more Legos [sic] for you". The USPS carriers in my area have a choice of hats and he prefers the safari-looking hat like your design. Spot-on look. 

The French Queen is epic along with the Philosopher, Cow Suit Girl, Bellhop and Majorette. They're all amazing but these are particularly strong characters and designs. 

Really fond of your style and skill, keep it up!

HOW have I missed this topic until now?! :excited:

Incredible work throughout. I still haven't viewed all the prior series, but what I've seen looks fantastic.

From this series the French Queen is phenomenal. (You see, I have a *cough* somewhat large collection of ladies in printed dresses, and she is beautiful. :wub: ) Where can I find her? I must have her... :grin:

Wow... I'm impressed. Two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Here they are, social networking in the Brickteenth Century:

2ytwf4h.jpg

I noticed this series was announced in the frontpage news section. Thank you @LuxorV :classic:

2 hours ago, RebelliousRebel said:

Like use them as playable characters in a roleplay i plan on starting

As avatars? If so, I think it's ok :purrr:

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

HOW have I missed this topic until now?! :excited:

Incredible work throughout. I still haven't viewed all the prior series, but what I've seen looks fantastic.

From this series the French Queen is phenomenal. (You see, I have a *cough* somewhat large collection of ladies in printed dresses, and she is beautiful. :wub: ) Where can I find her? I must have her... :grin:

Wow... I'm impressed. Two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you. That's an impressive collection!

8 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

It's Bios time!

Thanks @Eggyslav for those bios. They are always amazing and beautifully done. My favorite is the Philosopher's. Both the quote and the bio itself are hilarious.

The Cyborg Man's sounds like DC flashpoint :laugh:

4 hours ago, koalayummies said:

As always Robert8, amazing designs. So fun, varied, detailed and true to the CMF series. There's almost always something for everyone.

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Good work. As usual. Most of these are ones I'd buy.

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Good work. As usual. Most of these are ones I'd buy.

Perhaps now you could kick off a "Greatest Robert8's Custom CMF" game, in celebration of his tenth series! :grin:

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I noticed this series was announced in the frontpage news section. Thank you @LuxorV :classic:

It was my pleasure.

I definetly think your work and dedication deserve recognition, and people outside the MCW may not have noticed this thread, yet. :wink:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps now you could kick off a "Greatest Robert8's Custom CMF" game, in celebration of his tenth series! :grin:

Perhaps I will :D

3 hours ago, LuxorV said:

I definitely think your work and dedication deserve recognition...

Agreed. Well said.

3 hours ago, LuxorV said:

...and people outside the MCW may not have noticed this thread, yet. :wink:

As much as I like CMFs, I had no idea this was happening until...

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I noticed this series was announced in the frontpage news section.

Thanks to you both for posting. :classic:

Wow... 1st time I see your amazing work... Very talented :) Superb minifigures... I really like steampunk guy 

Inventor and green alien are the best (at least for me). The chess piece i would buy as well. And maybe Hades (his dog is awesome; how is that for a dog-show contender!). French Queen and the Gate Guard are also superb. The least favorite for me would be the little girl, the beatnik and the cyborg. Postman and Bellhop would probably new city favorites for a lot of city fans. Especially Bellhop, since he would also fit in earlier years mocs. I have a bit of a costume overkill, so both Cowsuit and Tacoman are not really wanted list (would buy the cowman eventually though :-))

You've done it again, Robert8! How do you keep hitting so many points on my personal wishlist when I've never shown you the whole thing? The French Queen and Underworld King are basically perfect. The Majorette's uniform is extremely fab--I've been hoping for Marching Band characters for years.

Thanks for the comments

I'm glad you liked them!

@Nerd-with-a-Pencil can't wait to read yor bios. They are always awesome

24 minutes ago, Karalora said:

You've done it again, Robert8! How do you keep hitting so many points on my personal wishlist when I've never shown you the whole thing? 

:laugh: You know, there will be a holiday minifigure in the next series

2 hours ago, Borex said:

Inventor and green alien are the best (at least for me). The chess piece i would buy as well. And maybe Hades (his dog is awesome; how is that for a dog-show contender!). French Queen and the Gate Guard are also superb. The least favorite for me would be the little girl, the beatnik and the cyborg.

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. 

2 hours ago, Gunman said:

Wow... 1st time I see your amazing work... Very talented :) Superb minifigures... I really like steampunk guy 

6 hours ago, Fifulin said:

French Queen, Underworld King and Wrestler Woman are really cool.

Thank you :classic:

Man I wont be buying any of the licensed collectible lego minifigs on the future(I found them unappeling), but seeing yours makes me feel with an urge to buy multiples of these fantastic creations.
Great job once again, and once again I sigh with relief, knowing I wont have to sell my kidneys to buy tons of minifigs, at least for now :grin:

Okay, so the Inventor is free! :wink:

Inventor

"But there's nothing 'punk' about me!"

The Inventor is an old-fashioned fellow who prefers to work with a bygone style...that may have never existed in the first place. If it's got gears, clocks, and steam power, there's a chance the Inventor has mastered it, and his striking creations have an impact that just can't be beat. Though they're a hard sell, he's found a devoted following in historical nerds, and always does well at conventions.

His work is famous, but nobody really knows who this man is. Is he an enthusiast in a modern world, or is he really from another time? He hasn't said anything about time machines, but, according to him, "anything is possible!"

Great job with this group, Robert! The little username cameo is an honor.

2 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Okay, so the Inventor is free! :wink:

I specifically told you I claimed him, but whatever :tongue: Here's the bio I have so far:

Underworld King

"Who's a good little abomination? YOU ARE!!"

Specters, Zombies, Haunted Scarecrows--one wonders why all these dead men are rising from their grave. The answer is this guy, the Underworld King. Usually he's the stonefaced ruler of the land of the dead. However, after his pet Cerberus had its litter, he's been spending all his time playing with the littlest one (three?) of the bunch. He's been spending so much time doting on the pup(s), he's been getting negligent in ensuring the dead remain where they should be. It doesn't help that any time the King's right hand man, the Grim Reaper,tries to bring up the issue, he's drowned out by sickening cooing and attempted trick-doing.

4 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Great job with this group, Robert! The little username cameo is an honor.

It's my way to say thank you for those bios you write for the minifigures :classic:

7 hours ago, Niku said:

Man I wont be buying any of the licensed collectible lego minifigs on the future(I found them unappeling), but seeing yours makes me feel with an urge to buy multiples of these fantastic creations.
Great job once again, and once again I sigh with relief, knowing I wont have to sell my kidneys to buy tons of minifigs, at least for now :grin:

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I specifically told you I claimed him, but whatever :tongue: Here's the bio I have so far:

I'm glad you mentioned the Grim Reaper. I love when the bios reference other minifigures 

You know, in Series K there will be a minifigure thematically close to the Grim Reaper and the Underworld King. Hmmmm..... what could it be? :look:

10 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Underworld King

"Who's a good little abomination? YOU ARE!!"

Specters, Zombies, Haunted Scarecrows--one wonders why all these dead men are rising from their grave. The answer is this guy, the Underworld King. Usually he's the stonefaced ruler of the land of the dead. However, after his pet Cerberus had its litter, he's been spending all his time playing with the littlest one (three?) of the bunch. He's been spending so much time doting on the pup(s), he's been getting negligent in ensuring the dead remain where they should be. It doesn't help that any time the King's right hand man, the Grim Reaper,tries to bring up the issue, he's drowned out by sickening cooing and attempted trick-doing.

Oh, geez, I'm sorry! I looked at the ones you claimed, and I still didn't see it. Feel free to go ahead with your own bio, that was careless of me.