Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

I should add, I really like the Rag Doll's teddy bear with its rustic, Boyd-like colors and prints, including its old plaid bowtie. My mom has tons of Boyds teddy bears, so seeing that is kind of cool. :classic: 

By the way @Robert8, I remember you mentioning earlier on this topic your interest in a Batman: The Animated Series CMS. Are you still interested in that, and if so, would you perhaps be planning on designing one in the far future after the completion of Series J?

Nailed it again, Rob! The Retro Robot, Little Witch, and Rogue Lady look absolutely amazing. I especially like the Jetpack Guy; he reminds me a lot of one of my favorite movies, The Great Race.

I eagerly await penning bios; I'd do it now, but it's someone else's turn for first pick. :tongue:

Aw Mah GAAAAAAAAAAAAWD! The evil Scarecrow is very spooky, I love the Female Rogue, the Gladiatrix is also awesome, the Clairvorant is a perfect pair for series 7 Fortunteller (although I think Psychic, or Medium would be a better name for him), the Pilgrim is just great in his simplicity, the Butler is very elegant, Retro robot is kinda weird, but I like him, The Pawn, well, I hope the King, the Queen, Bishops, Knights and Rooks join him (also, do you also plan to make Black versions too?). All in All, fantastic series Robert!

About the bios, I'll certainly write one for the Butler, The Gladiatrix, The Clairvoyant/Psychic, Rogue Girl, and Little Witch, Unless @Nerd-with-a-Pencil or @8BrickMario would like them. :)

Edited by Eggyslav

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If Lego did a pilgrim though, I would want it to come with a new live turkey mold, something I know @Roebuck would be thrilled about! :wink:

Jepp, the more the merrier :grin:

Excellent figs @Robert8, hope you can include more animal moulds in future series:wink:

Another fantastic series! I'd love to have these sharing space with my collection! The Little Witch, Ventriloquist, Clairvoyant, Doll, and Evil Scarecrow are definitely favorites, but I also like the Butler, the Gladiatrix, the Female Rogue, and the Movie Director! All the others are just gravy! :)

Thanks for sharing!

I've had a Ragdoll, Pilgrim, and Evil Scarecrow on my personal wishlist for ages, so those caught my attention right away! I love the designs for the Clairvoyant, Gladiatrix (that scar!) and Little Witch. As usual, though, there isn't much here that I'd throw back if it landed in my blind bag!

Thank you everyone for you comments. I'm glad you liked them

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Excellent figs @Robert8, hope you can include more animal moulds in future series:wink:

There will be an animal in Series J..... but a fantasy one 

6 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

(although I think Psychic, or Medium would be a better name for him)

Hmmm maybe, yeah :classic: Can't wait to read those bios

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @Robert8, I remember you mentioning earlier on this topic your interest in a Batman: The Animated Series CMS. Are you still interested in that, and if so, would you perhaps be planning on designing one in the far future after the completion of Series J?

Yes, but not for now. I already have a couple of those ready but I haven't had time to work on those for personal reasons. 

Good job!  There are a few here that really stand out to me.  Bet you could guess them.  Aside from that, some clever designs and some nice parts I'd want.

When are they just going to go ahead and hire you?

20 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Good job!  There are a few here that really stand out to me.  Bet you could guess them.  Aside from that, some clever designs and some nice parts I'd want.

When are they just going to go ahead and hire you?

Let me guess: Elf Soldier, Gladiatrix  and Rogue Woman. Am I right? :grin:

By the way, in Series J I might include a Nexo Elf, just for you :grin:

The Ventriloquist and Butler look great! But the Evil Scarecrow is just creepily amazing! Great job overall! I always love seeing your creations! 

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Nexo Elf?! :wacko:

Is that a complementary Elf archetype for the Nexo Knights theme or is it a more vaguer Techno, Cyberpunk Elf?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nexo Elf?! :wacko:

Is that a complementary Elf archetype for the Nexo Knights theme or is it a more vaguer Techno, Cyberpunk Elf?

It was just a joke. It won't happen :grin:

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

The Ventriloquist and Butler look great! But the Evil Scarecrow is just creepily amazing! Great job overall! I always love seeing your creations! 

Ok, so let us commence the biographies, shall we gentlemen?

Clairvorant/Psychic:

Ah, Yes, It is all clear now, the spirits tell me that you shall soon lose a large sum of money... That will be $100, please.

The Mystical clairvorant claims himself to be a conduit to the future knowing spirits of the Netherworld. To be fair, his divinations are always correct and accurate. Just as soon as he glances into the crystal ball, he can tell what future holds to a discerning client. Even though his prophecies are 100% correct, there are sceptics that think that Clairvorant is a fraud. To them he only says: I guess it's a matter of faith, by the way, your Great Grandmother says hi from the Netherworld...

Butler:

Excuse me sir, but supermobile's rocket launchers are jammed. Should I fix them?

Being a butler in a millionaire's mansion is hard, but it's even harder, when your boss is also a masked superhero vigilante. Luckilly, our butler is a professional, he not only knows how to swipe the floor and bookshelves in the manor's library, or taking care of shrubbery in the garden, but also how to maintain order in a superhero's hidden lair. He knows how to arm  and disarm bombs, how to polish utility belts, and how to keep hackers from breaking into command center's main computer. What is difficult for him, is all that keeping the secret identity of your boss...

Gladiatrix:

What's the matter Antoninus, are you afraid to fight a woman?

It's not usual to see a girl fighting on the Coloseum's sandy Arena, but Gladiatrix does her best to satisfy the bloodthirsty spectators. She fought with them all, Murmillos, Retiarii, Secutors, Provocators, she even fought wild animals as a bestiari, and she not only prevailed, but also won. The Caesar himself was very impressed and offered her Rudis, the wooden sword, symbol of freedom and prestige, coveted by all gladiators. But Gladiatrix rejected it, saying that her job as Arena Fighter is not over, as she wants to prove those chauvenistic Romans, that women can fight, both at colloseum, and for their rights.

Female Rogue

Stand and Deliver, Your GP, or HP!

Unlike her male counterpart, female rogue isn't a medieval bandit. I know it sounds weird, since she looks like one, but she doesn't even live in the Middle Ages! In fact, she's a completely modern girl, who's very much into Role Playing games, and most especially LARP. Female Rogue is indeed a walking, talking Game Master's Handbook, she have memorised all the monster stats, and min-maxed her character class to be the best player. Also, when it comes to Imersion, she meticulously cares about every detail of the session. That's why her costume looks so real, even her sword, although made out of foam and plastic looks like a real steel blade. But does it mean she's constantly living in a world of fantasy? Of course not, even though she loves to play a session or two with her friends, she still is a normal girl.

Little Witch:

Trick or Treat! I mean, it better be treat, or I'll turn you into a frog...

Don't let her colourful costume and cute face fool you, the Little Witch is not your regular trick-or-treater, she really has magic powers. No one's sure, how did she got them, But series H Imp may be the culprit. Even though powerful, Little Witch has still much to learn about Magic and Witchcraft, but luckilly, she's a quick learner. For example, she learned that you should never fly your broomstick indoors...

Edited by Eggyslav

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Let me guess: Elf Soldier, Gladiatrix  and Rogue Woman. Am I right? :grin:

Yes.  Also, Piñata Suit Guy, Clairvoyant, and Evil Scarecrow are on my list.  There are some nice hair pieces, hats, and other accessories I'd love to have.  Who doesn't want a jetpack?

I'd be interested to see how you would design a Nexo Elf.

The figs that i want are:

the little witch. The colours are a bit too much imho, but it will be such a good addition to the halloween boys.

Elf soldier: i'm have a weakness for fantasy figures for some reason, but i don't collect them. Great army builder for lots of castle fans outhere.

Retro robot: Also a weakness for sci-fi stuff. Especially if they look retro. Would buy a few of these.

White Chess Pawn: In the what minifigs are we missing thread i suggested earlier chess pieces like this, so i would definitely buy this. He even has a white sword.

Pinata guy: Probably using it for my superteam of wacky villains. What better villain you can have as a pinata? Hit him!

Clairvoyant: He just looks just so usable. Evil guy.

Butler: I would probably pick him up as well

Ventriloquist: i'd love to see more babies reused in other ways (i would love to see him being a gnome with a tiny red hat, a baby ewok or even yoda). Would buy!

Evil Scarecrow: Superb! Plus love to get a good crow.

Excellent work, @Eggyslav! I'm glad we had the same basic idea for the Little Witch. Anyway:

Evil Scarecrow

"Heheheheh...lost your way, little one?"

Don't go into the crusty barn on the hill, kids. It's said that it's haunted, by the spirit of the farm's former owner. Legend says that he hated kids, so much so he put on a raggedy scarecrow suit, and had some fun scaring the little ones who dared to step on his lawn. Until the fateful day when the kids decided they had had enough, and gave him a taste of his own medicine. They say he died of fright that day, only to come back, as a more twisted version of the tattered terror he used to wear. It's said that no kid who trespasses on the Evil Scarecrow's property ever returns. But hey, that's just a legend...right?

Jetpack Guy

"Stand back, Pauline. You don't want to get a whiff of these exhaust vapors!"

For the Jetpack Guy, the sky is no longer the limit. With an astounding new device capable of making a man fly, he's amassed a gigantic following for his astounding aerial performances. Of course, he wasn't exactly a pariah before he got the jetpack; all his life the Jetpack Guy has been followed by an aura of masculinity, handsomeness, and eternally-clean clothes. For some reason, he's never seen without the jetpack on; though most think it's to protect his image, the truth is it's just a massive pain to take off.

Motocross Racer

"WOO-HOO! Who's the best? I AM!!"

For the Motocross Racer, EVERYTHING is a competition. After practicing her trademark quintuple-flip on the track, it's a race to get home, a quest to find the greatest bargain at the supermarket, and a blood match to beat her friend at video games. You might think this would be extremely annoying, but you'd be wrong. Sure, it might be a little irritating, but she puts so much energy and positivity into everything she does, it's hard to stay mad at her for long. And, no matter how inflated her ego may be, she always takes time to have some fun with her fans--usually by an autograph signing contest.

Retro Robot

"BEEP. BEEP. ROBOT NOISES."

Built on a space station orbiting the gas giant Jupiter, the Retro Robot has a device or gizmo ready for any contingency. Computer trouble? He's got a connector probe. Invading Insectoids? Bug spray is in the storage compartment. Locked out of the airlock? Just call his distress communicator. Sadly, they stuffed so much tech in him that the Retro Robot barely has room for a brain. Unless someone tells him what to do, chances are you'l find the Retro Robot aimlessly wandering and making beeping noises.

Elf Soldier

"For the trees!"

The Elf Soldier is a stern, steadfast guardian of the forest. With his mighty golden spear and gem shield, he and his compatriots have routed dozens of threats against the Elflands. Some may think the idea of an Elf Soldier--a warrior from a generally peaceful race-- as a bit paradoxical, but no one can doubt the prowess and might of this great fighter.

Thank you for those bios @Eggyslav @Nerd-with-a-Pencil

I totally predicted the Butler's :grin: I guess it was just too tempting to use Alfred as reference 

The Clairvoyant's quote cracked me up

And the Evil Scarecrow bio is way too scary. Loved it. 

Yeah, at first I wanted to do the Agatha Christie-like Edwardian crime story "The Butler Did It" kind of trope, but I figured out it was no fun, so I did the "Alfred" Approach... On the other hand, how did you like my twist on Female Rogue?

Edited by Eggyslav

Pilgrim is great and elf soldier is great as well again It's always good to see your ideas and hopefully see some kind of new castle theme with elf soldiers in the future 

Edited by 1Panda