Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

OOOOO Sleigh time! I love that sleigh piece! With beret and scarf, it’s more classical/Christmassy. 

Boy, watch out for trees!

14 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

I wonder if this guy named his sleigh "Rosebud"...

Hmm I dont think I get the reference :look:

18. Holiday Tree Boy

Part assortment (6 pieces): New christmas tree costume piece. Present (2x2x1 brick + 2x2 tile) Short legs. Regular torso and head.

50623039807_8fd7100c9d_o.png

Your "La Befana" design is a real beauty (love the color choices and the shawl printing complementing her headscarf), and I'm really adoring the "Rockwellian" vibes your Sleigh Rider are giving me... :thumbup: :blush:

11 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

It's from the movie Citizen Kane.

Ohhh I see 

19. Yule Lad

Part assortment (10 pieces): Hat introduced with the Plush from the first advent calendar. Beard. Spoon. Pot. Chicken leg. Candle+flame. Short legs. Regular torso and head.

50622196233_df568779c6_b.jpg

I don’t know that much about Yule, but I would buy multiples of this figure for the parts assortment alone. Great job! 

The 13 Yule Lads are mischievous gnome-like creatures from Island. They visit houses at night time during the holiday season and cause all sorts of pranks and wreak havoc. They are 13, but I only made one of course

Yule Lads Snowman Competition - Jigsaw Puzzle (1000pcs) – Nordic Store

Edited by Robert8

Hmm - Yule Lad looks interestining! He looks quite innocent to me but i could tell there is a mischief behind this character. Great job!

Delightful! Those eyebrows are really something! Is this the Yule character you promised? (I was expecting to have to wait until Monday...)

Of course, in Nordic countries, Yule/Jul/Jól is what they still call Christmas itself.

Man, how great would an international Winter Village be? The Iceland set could give us these guys, Gryla, and a big brick-built Jólakötturinn!

Robert8 did a Nisse last year:

20. Nisse

Part assortment (7 pieces):  New long pointy gnome hat. Goat mold as the Yule Goat. Lantern introduced with the Series K Grave Digger. Gandalf's beard. Short legs. Regular head and torso.  

49099065236_865704df6a_o.png

12 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Yes! Will their she-troll mother, Gryla (pictured on the image Robert brought up) show up as well?

There will a mother tomorrow, but not that one!

6 hours ago, Karalora said:

Delightful! Those eyebrows are really something! Is this the Yule character you promised?

Yeah. That's why I said it was a very tangential character

Its actually a mix of 4 yule lads. The spoon-licker, the pot-licker, the one who steals candles and the one who steals meat

the-icelandic-yule-lads.jpg

It's a fine selection of accessories, but I doubt so many would ever be included in a real CMF bag.

20. Advent Calendar Collector

Part assortment (8 pieces): New long hair+antlers. 2x3 printed tile as an advent calendar. 2x3 printed tile as the City 2019 Advent Calendar. 2 nanofigures. Regular head, torso and legs.

50622197153_73ac8be139_b.jpg

Along Winter Village Collector, she looks great!!! I am so glad to see new hairpiece with antlers! It’s a perfect, jolly couple. :) 

Heh, I'm actually really digging this "Collector" trend, could we perhaps see it continue past this Advent Calendar? Heck, I wouldn't even mind if Lego adopted it for their own CMS, with archetypes such as Building Set Collector, Figurine Collector, Comic Book Collector, Plush Toy CollectorTrinket Collector, and so on... :shrug_oh_well:

And here's the mom! I love her hairpiece with the antlers! Seriously, we need more Christmas hats, with and without hair.