Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

In all honesty... I don't get how you can create such decent, imaginative characters for nothing and those paid to do this barely get half a series anywhere close to as good as this. (OK, S14 was really good, but this still blows that out the water). 

I absolutely love each and every single one of them! Especially your headless horseman. And the scary tree. And and... Well damn, all of them! I do wonder though... If the skeleton horse would be better off with the headless horseman instead of the dead cowboy otherwise he's a headless horselessman :snicker:

Also... I neeeeeeeeeeeeed that mini frankenstein monster!!! :wub_drool: Why would you go and do a thing like design that when it probably will never become a reality! :cry3:

Get your resume/cv in to TLG design team right this instant! Heck, send a physical copy with a cover letter and all your designs. We need you there! :purrr:

On 11/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, Fuppylodders said:

In all honesty... I don't get how you can create such decent, imaginative characters for nothing and those paid to do this barely get half a series anywhere close to as good as this. (OK, S14 was really good, but this still blows that out the water). 

I absolutely love each and every single one of them! Especially your headless horseman. And the scary tree. And and... Well damn, all of them! I do wonder though... If the skeleton horse would be better off with the headless horseman instead of the dead cowboy otherwise he's a headless horselessman :snicker:

Also... I neeeeeeeeeeeeed that mini frankenstein monster!!! :wub_drool: Why would you go and do a thing like design that when it probably will never become a reality! :cry3:

Get your resume/cv in to TLG design team right this instant! Heck, send a physical copy with a cover letter and all your designs. We need you there! :purrr:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Including 2 skeleton horses was too much for a single series. And I decided the Headless Horseman would stand out more on its own than the Ghost Rider, so that's why I gave it to him.

I think the designers are limited by budget or testing results

For instance, the've said they tried steampunk stuff and it didnt test well with the kids, so it didn't happen

Also, City is a top seller, while castle and pirates failed the last time they tried, which explains why city is pretty much 50% of the cmf series at this point

Edited by Robert8

That new hairpiece looks nice in 3D. I look forward to seeing some figures with very unique parts and how they turn out :thumbup:

That Halfling looks so great! I hope the artist will make other minifigs from your series! :excited:

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

On a site called ArtSation, Malgarmos is making 3D models of some of the minifigures I make

That's really neat!  I wonder how hard it would be to add those to Stud.io with the parts designer.  Printed parts are fairly easy, but I don't know anything about designing a new element.  Maybe you can import a Blender file?

On 11/12/2020 at 8:38 AM, Kai NRG said:

That's really neat!  I wonder how hard it would be to add those to Stud.io with the parts designer.  Printed parts are fairly easy, but I don't know anything about designing a new element.  Maybe you can import a Blender file?

I have literally no idea of anything you just said :laugh:. I only do 2D drawings. Maybe you could ask him on ArtStation?

TLG is killing me with that blind man minifigure in the City sets :enough::enough::enough:

My poor Series T :sad:

Edited by Robert8

4 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Cool minifigure! I suppose something similar showed up in the new City sets? 

The exact same thing: a blind person with a guide dog :cry2:

EDIT. I decided I'll still use it for Series T with some changes

Edited by Robert8

Last year we were talking about characters that could be included in a second calendar. I hope to see some here! 

On 11/24/2020 at 1:03 AM, Robert8 said:

Who's ready for an overdose of holiday spirit? 

It all starts next Tuesday 1st

50622939076_2eebd304bb_b.jpg

@Robert8

Is there going to be Figures from Haunkkah and Kwanzaa????

7 hours ago, Chris6500 said:

@Robert8

Is there going to be Figures from Haunkkah and Kwanzaa????

No.. sorry :/

only christmas (and 1 yule) figures

A Yule minifig? Is it my birthday?

(Answer: No, no it is not, my birthday is in July.)

But seriously, I'm gonna be speculating like mad now. Holly King? Mithra? Frigga? No, don't tell me, I want to be surprised! Do not open the box until Yule!

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

Hey, so do mine!

Edited by Eggyslav

I really dodged a bullet with S21

I had plans for a female centaur and jaguar warrior and was about to start working on them

Other than that. Violinist came to happen. Same with ladybug costume and castaway. 

On 11/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, LegoGuy03 said:

Looking forward to the advent calendar!

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am ready for holiday!!! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! :)

Thanks 

I hope you'll like it

On 11/26/2020 at 12:35 AM, Karalora said:

But seriously, I'm gonna be speculating like mad now. Holly King? Mithra? Frigga? No, don't tell me, I want to be surprised! Do not open the box until Yule!

Hmmm I feel you'll be dissapointed :sceptic:

Its a very tangential Yule character

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm I feel you'll be dissapointed :sceptic:

Its a very tangential Yule character

I'm sure I'll love it anyway. The fact that you even acknowledge Yule is magnificent.

I kind of hope we get a figure with a Tió de Nadal just because I think it'd be funny.

Of course I wouldn't mind if there isn't.