Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ooooh, more cryptids eh? Nice! :thumbup: :smug:

Someone a fan of Seanan McGuire?

Edited by gedren_y

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ooh I love the idea of a Mothman figure! I haven't looked through the other series for a while, what other Cryptids are there? 

There was a Chupacabra at one point.

Among the cryptids, I think Mothman and Nessie are the ones I like the most. 

Wendigo is something I'd like to try 

10 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ooh I love the idea of a Mothman figure! I haven't looked through the other series for a while, what other Cryptids are there? 

As Karalora said, I made the Chupacabras for Series Q. I also made Loch Monster Guy for Series Ñ

48770076696_33fc112650_w.jpg                                     46214860401_47384faf8c_w.jpg

Edited by Robert8

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Among the cryptids, I think Mothman and Nessie are the ones I like the most. 

Wendigo is something I'd like to try 

As Karalora said, I made the Chupacabras for Series Q. I also made Loch Monster Guy for Series Ñ

I was actually looking through your Instagram earlier with my brother and saw the Loch Ness monster suit, I thought that was the funniest animal suit I've seen so far and one I would definitely get. My brother couldn't believe how many series you've made! 

I love reading old stories about Cryptids so it's great to see you've been including them in your designs. It's frustrating to me that Lego seems to have run out of mythical creatures they want to include, though I suppose you could count the Monkey King last year and we'll almost definitely get a centaur next year. 

23 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Someone a fan of Seanan McGuire?

Why no, I've actually never heard of her or her work up until you'd mentioned it... :classic: ...I've just had a casual fascination in Cryptozoology since I was around 10 alongside my general interests in Archaeology and Paleontology.

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I love reading old stories about Cryptids so it's great to see you've been including them in your designs. It's frustrating to me that Lego seems to have run out of mythical creatures they want to include, though I suppose you could count the Monkey King last year and we'll almost definitely get a centaur next year.

Although they're not Cryptids, it'd be cool to see Lego attempt their own takes on Lovecraft's Cthulhu or a generic Kaiju that's not a guy in a rubber suit.

7 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I was actually looking through your Instagram earlier with my brother and saw the Loch Ness monster suit, I thought that was the funniest animal suit I've seen so far and one I would definitely get. My brother couldn't believe how many series you've made! 

I can't believe it myself :laugh:

When I started I thought about making like 10 series max. 

But here we are now... Series S will be my 21th series :oh:

49702685172_59b8c1029f_b.jpg

Wouldn't be hilarious if Series S was just a big April Fool's joke and I actually never made it???

Well it isn't cause here it is!

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A to R as already introduced pieces.

Spoiler

27172606098_2551c41731.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg35031413202_e4b5fa12eb.jpg25689065107_e5440f5425.jpg38318000401_4db17ec656.jpg40279478691_1a9fca644e.jpg43558941024_681a6c9302.jpg45444919811_27a696d92b.jpg45429056654_74139a0ecf.jpg

31281440877_411269191d.jpg33939912638_5e988e4f06.jpg48370275732_6049c85107.jpg49109388372_243eb2ca38.jpg49474607532_dea837ffb6.jpg

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series S, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movie s, history and just everyday life, this collection includes: Bell Ringer, Fashion Designer, Mothman, Dog Party Girl, Violinist, Black Ches Pawn, Evil Android, Reggae Man, Ultra Warrior, Halfling, Vampire Boy, Folk Dancer, Zulu Warrior, Sea Nyphm, Red Oni and Red Coat Soldier

1. Evil Android

Part assortment (7 pieces): Android head mold introduced in Series F. Laser gun (Overwatch gun + yellow stud + 2 round tiles). Regular torso and legs.

49701838258_62395a6062_o.png

2. Violinist

Part assortment (6 pieces): New violin and new bow moulds. Series P's Rabbit Follower hairpiece recolored. 2x2 brick piece colored as a gown. Regular head and torso. 

49702684802_018dccdbdd_o.png

3. Red Oni

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hair+beard piece. Club piece in black. Regular head, torso and legs. 

49701837953_aea8a2ec13_o.png

4. Halfling

Part assortment (8 pieces): New hair+ears piece. Short sword ("Sting" mould). The sac k piece introduced with the Series C Banker. Wyldstyle's Scarf. 3x2 tile with printed map. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Short cape.

49701838103_4b9858a825_b.jpg

5. Folk Dancer

Part assortment (6 pieces): Headdress introduced with the Advent Calendar's Snow Maiden. Nesting Doll (regular head + technic ball). Slope piece. Regular head and torso.

49701838213_e9928e4151_o.png

6. Dog Party Girl

Part assortment (7 pieces): New Shar Pei dog mold. Ariel's hairpiece recolored (minidoll version). Ballon from Series 18. Crap piece recolored as a cake. Party hat (x2). Short legs. Regular head and torso. 

49701838278_48612f64b5_o.png

7. Vampire Boy

Part assortment (9 pieces): New hair with pointy ears. Pot piece and handle. 1x1 round tile and 1x1 "half circle" tile as Halloween treats. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Special new cape

49701837768_5dbc74262f_o.png

8. Bell Ringer

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hunckback torso. Handbell introduced with the Series A Town Crier. Soldier:76's hairpiece recolored. Medium legs. Regular and torso. 

49702367771_229c019d97_o.png

9. Red Coat Soldier

Part assortment (5 pieces): Tricorn hat + ponytail introduced with the Series A Town Crier. Musket. Regular head, torso and legs.

49702685002_6cb5eac536_o.png

10. Fashion Designer

Part assortment (7 pieces): New messy hair bun. 2x2 printed tile with sketch. Scissors. Torso with fancy coat printed. Regular head, torso and legs.

49702685352_3ac0205577_o.png

11. Reggae Man

Part assortment (7 pieces): New beanie+hair combo. Guitar. Regular head, torso and legs.

49702367321_ef06765d55_o.png

12. Mothman

Part assortment (4 pieces): New head mold. New wings piece.  Regular torso and legs.

49702685052_cf0e6c3cab_b.jpg

13. Zulu Warrior

Part assortment (6 pieces): New tribal headdress + head mold. New Zulu shield. Spear. Regular head, torso and legs. 

49702367081_430304f18b_o.png

14. Sea Nymph

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hairpiece. This hairpiece would have a color gradient similar to Noctura's hairpiece from Elves and a special glossy coat like Sweet Mayhem's hairpiece. Clam piece. Regular head, torso and legs. New cloth skirt

49701837883_6e5a047452_o.png

15. Black Chess Pawn

Part assortment (6 pieces): Recolored Pawn suit introduced in Series I. Black Mace (spiked ball+3L bar). Short legs. Regular head and torso. 

49702367761_8700401a0b_o.png

Extra pic! Chess Collection so far!

Spoiler

49701838398_2f8d649d6b_z.jpg

16. Ultra Warrior

Part assortment (6 pieces): Series 20's Super Warrior helmet recolored helmet. Recolor of the Series Q Ninja Girl's hairpiece. Lighting bolt piece with special printing. Regular head, torso and legs. 

49702684837_4f863c7ec1_o.png

And here is the group pic! I decided to "go back to basics" with Series S, giving the orange color from Series 4 and 15

49702685302_336a6b1e2e_h.jpg

Series S would introduce 14 new pieces: Hunchback torso, Shar Pei dog, hair with pointy ears (x2), violin and bow, "messy bun" hairpiece, zulu headdress and shield, reggae beanie+hair, horned hair+beard piece, water-like hair, mothman's head and wings.

49702685037_7f36ccafc9_z.jpg

Bag:

49702367866_9e8bf51a48_o.png

Leaflet:

49702685147_55d5393c06_b.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

49702367701_0e5f6792ac_o.png

And the suggested price would be $4 goddammit! :angry::angry::angry:

Thanks for looking :purrr:

49702367276_ac1c04b08c_b.jpg

NOTE: I feel like this is a good stopping point for now. I've posted everything I had and I need time to work on more and I honestly like TLG is doing.... whatever with the regular series. I want to see where they go from here but I don't like the direction they are taking. That much I can say for sure.

On a brighter note I want to say that after posting 21th series here I still feel as excited as the first day, when I posted Series A almost 4 years ago and I can't wait to work on the remaining series I've planned. We are getting near to the end with only 7 regular series left, so I want to take time and make them the best I can. If everything goes right I plan to return by the end of the year with a special project and the second Advent Calendar (and then Series T in 2021)

If anyone took their time your read all of this, well thank you 

Take care, everyone :classic:

SERIES R                                                                                                                                                 SPOOKY CALENDAR

49473900773_c09fc7b824_w.jpg                                               50293088986_22603ac849_w.jpg

Edited by Robert8

THEY SUCK!

Ha! pulled an April Fools Prank! These are Brilliant! I love the Redcoat, the Halfing, Vampire boy, Oceanid and Quasimodo! And the Violin girl is so cute!

Oh my, they are so great! I really like the Halfling, the Folk Dancer and the Zulu Warrior. And if I had to pick one favourite, it would be the Sea Nymph! Her hair and dress are so well designed...

Wow I love how many fantastical elements there are in this series! The sea nymph, halfling and Mothman are the highlight for me! I also love how there's two new hairpieces with pointy ears and one with horns, those are the kind of useful elements that should be introduced in a CMF and re-used elsewhere. 

:wub: This just might be your best series yet, I can understand wanting to take a break though, though I'm glad it's not a permanent break. 

Great work again, Robert. Always grateful for you sharing your talent with us - just a pity as usual that these aren't the official Lego designs!

Love the variety here - a series that caters to every fan. My personal favourite is the violin girl, although the halfling, Rastafarian and vampire boy are the others I'd most like to see make an official Lego CMF series.

All I'm gonna say is that these should have been series 20 (especially the Russian folk dancer), and great work as usual.

Man oh man, are these terrific! Too bad it's April Fools and they're not real!

Wait...none of yours have been real regardless of the date they were posted...unless you count the few where a similar one has been produced...

DANGIT, LEGO, HIRE THIS GUY AND USE ALL HIS IDEAS!!!

I think my favorite this time around is the Sea Nymph--I love that elaborate hair and the print on her dress! The Folk Dancer has a very, very nice printed design as well.

Dangit Robert, every Series of yours is an exponential upgrade from the last, and all the while Lego's have been trickling downwards in the opposite direction... :thumbup: 

My two standout favorites for this one have to be your Halfling and Folk Dancer, as I'm so happy to see you reuse that headdress from the Advent Calendar's Snow Maiden so soon! Also, I just love the Matryoshka doll accessory you gave her in particular! :blush:

Great series @Robert8!

I love the Zulu warrior, ultra warrior, red oni, halfling, redcoat, and reggae musician. But I always enjoy seeing all of them.

The folk dancer is particularly amazing, probably my favorite this time around. It’s really the matryoshka doll that sells it though - I even put in my series for the dream cmf game played a while ago. 

The water nymph is another amazing figure, and I think it’s a perfect opportunity to take use of the gradient effects and whatnot. Also think the golden shell is perfect :laugh:

And I didn’t even notice before that the ultra warrior comes with a hair as well! That’s great, I wish the Series 20 minifigure had something like that. 

Thanks everyone for the comments to my latest series :purrr:

5 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Three things 

1. Love it

2.How do you feel about LEGO making the Centaur leg mould

3.Make a Poltergeist in Series T :sceptic:

1. Well thank you

2. I love. It looks great :classic: I hope they will release on more colors

3. Hmmm I think that might happen.... It's hard to imagen a Poltergeist considering they are invisible most of the time

4 hours ago, Karalora said:

Man oh man, are these terrific! Too bad it's April Fools and they're not real!

Wait...none of yours have been real regardless of the date they were posted...unless you count the few where a similar one has been produced...

DANGIT, LEGO, HIRE THIS GUY AND USE ALL HIS IDEAS!!!

I think my favorite this time around is the Sea Nymph--I love that elaborate hair and the print on her dress! The Folk Dancer has a very, very nice printed design as well.

Thanks but I don't is that easy to get a job there :laugh:

10 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

THEY SUCK!

*oh2* good god... for a minute I thought....

I then I read the second line

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

:wub: This just might be your best series yet,

:oh:

Well, thanks :classic:

9 hours ago, Aurore said:

Oh my, they are so great! I really like the Halfling, the Folk Dancer and the Zulu Warrior. And if I had to pick one favourite, it would be the Sea Nymph! Her hair and dress are so well designed...

Thanks. Her hair was very tricky to make. It's always hard to imagine how certain hairstyle will look as a 3D plastic piece

She was originally from a different series, but I didn't like how she turned out and didn't include it. I pretty much remade her for this series

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*oh2* good god... for a minute I thought....

I then I read the second line

Haha, Gotcha! No, seriously, you know I love ya bro!

I'm just blown away by this series, so much to love! If I could get the Sea Nymph, Vampire Boy, Mothman, Oni, Fashion Designer, Halfling and Violinist in my hot little hands now, I'd be a happy collector. And that Zulu Warrior and Bell Ringer are so awesome as well. I would get every single figure there, not a dud in sight. You never cease to amaze ... Thank you for sharing!

AND I almost forgot, that Shar Pei!!!! My favorite dog. I feel like Gollum. I wants it! I needs it! MY PRECIOUS!