Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

On 9/1/2018 at 6:36 PM, Robert8 said:

More ideas for CMFs coming soo:classic:

Most looking forward to it! Charlie already looks perfect from what can be seen! :thumbup: :sweet:

Thank you for your comments

Their names are Cookies Seller, Red Card Guard and Actor :classic:

Edited by Robert8

I think the wait for these is worse than the wait for real CMFs. I reckon testimony to how strong your designs are.

On 5/15/2016 at 5:57 AM, Robert8 said:

Hello everyone! Welcome to this thread :classic:

Here you'll find my wishlist for CMFs, which I illustrate with drawings. I'm not a professional designer but an amateur and I do this just for fun. The CMF theme is one of my favorite LEGO themes ever and collecting Minifigures is one of my favorite hobbies. 

I'm always looking forward to get some feedback which helps me to improve. 

SERIES A                                                                                          SERIES B

34384388084_f74c7bb7f1_n.jpg                                                                       37891473115_d008257dbc_n.jpg

SERIES C                                                                                          SERIES D

25164049207_215de0ca62_n.jpg                                                                      25461628467_62e5e52747_n.jpg

SERIES E                                                                                          SERIES F

25828856358_e193b861f8_n.jpg                                                                      32582597500_5b012e9005_n.jpg

SERIES G                                                                                          SERIES H

33580634194_9feeb2d63e_n.jpg                                                                     35188141156_3e4bee0ca8_n.jpg    

SERIES I                                                                                           SERIES J 

40151120925_ecc1e7587b_n.jpg                                                                      38309832346_5752646629_n.jpg 

SERIES K                                                                                                                    SERIES L

39697103071_c547a95998_n.jpg                                                                      43558943144_09b4a62706_n.jpg        

Wow they are awesome!! My favourites are the alien overlord from series F and the tribal hunter from series G.

Keep up the good work man!:wink:

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote whole figure-heavy posts. Thanks.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:31 AM, CaptainSerMig said:

Wow they are awesome!! My favourites are the alien overlord from series F and the tribal hunter from series G.

Keep up the good work man!:wink:

Thanks. Glad you liked them :classic:

8 hours ago, JGuy said:

@Robert8 can't wait to see series L! Just from the blurred tease I can tell it will be an amazing series! :)

On 9/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, K_Tiger said:

I think the wait for these is worse than the wait for real CMFs. I reckon testimony to how strong your designs are.

Thanks for your support :classic:

Great, but I don't think I can wait any longer, so I just post some of the random ideas I heard from others or my own headcanon. Some might have been revamped from my past guess.

uanawBw.jpg

01, Snowman
One of the most requested character so far. With a penguin hat, new head mold, a candy cruth and a new round lower body.
03, Terracotta Warrior
Duh yes, I know he is also greatly suggested but I still draw him. But I'd imagine him to use a normal spear and a more specific bun hairstyle and lower skirt part.
02, Groom
Pretty much the musthave one. Ring in silver color, white tuxedo tail, Lockhart hairstyle in orange.
04, Brownie
BirthdayPartyGirl hearstyle with a new hat, white lasso.
05, Beekeeper
New beekeeping hat with transparent mask. Also transparent beehive frame parts.
06, Pool Player
Spy hair in gray, new cue stick and a triangle with balls inside.
07, Boomerang Warrior
Based on typical Australian oboriginals. New big boomerang and a long shield. Hair new or reused whatsoever. Kinda worry if this is not an obvious choice.
08, Weird Grandma
Also the most requested fairytale-based character. New original head mold, a bicolor tail
09. Sea Lion Trainer
Stephanie's hat hairstyle in new color. Reddish peal color fish and new seal mold.
10, Matsyoshka
New hood-hair mold, reuse round body. New mold for smalled r matsyoshka.

11, Xylophonist
Imperial shako in new color, new Xylophone piece attached with the waist of a minifigure.
12, Keytarist
The Minifigure Rock Band seems to still lack a talent for keyboards so far. Also try to add a police cop in a different color palette as a rock suit style.
13, Voodoo Doll
A technic ball with a voodoo face. New needle/hammer parts.
14, Dwarf Villainess
We've been lacking a female addition to the dwarf tribe of the Castle scenes so she is a musthave.
New mold with dward helmet with braids. Chima hammer reused.
15, Dart Master
New color for Kanan hairstyle, new dart mold, round tile with dart board print.
16, Rice Farmer
A character that was done by Playmobil lineup. Rice is main in Asia, so a Rice Farmer would be a good representive for Asian agriculture.
New bamboo hat mold with long hair, rice ear mold.
17, War Nurse
Inspired by Nightingale and also uniforms from WW1. New nurse hat with hair and a new lamp.
18, Galaxy Diva
Duh...I'm not very good at Space characters so here is a relunctant one. She is a variant of the alien creature from Alien Conquest, also a parody of diva from Fifth Element.
19, Lady Prince
This is a compromised idea between drag queen, bearded lady (which might not be safe for TLC guidelines) and a regular fairytale prince. An image of crossdressed actresss based on image of Takarazuka Revue (yes I'm otaku). Reusing the Wrestling Champion hairstyle, sword and epaulette all in new colors.
20, Ainu Chief
An intention to bring in a new historical tribe and a different side of Japanese culture. New Ainu knife mold. Reusing the Scallywag Pirate head but with a hair color instead of pure skin head.
21, Mannequin
We got some plain figures in past LEGO shop sets but never seen a dummy figure with no clothes and show its stand. Would be nice to put in a display in a dress store or be with a Fashion Designer.
22, Kappa
A myth creature from Japanese folk. It comes with a standable lotus leaf, head piece and a turtile shell on the back. Still, it is unknown if they can find the useful turtle shell or create a new mold, seeing all the TMNT heroes have belt ties on their back.
23, Siren
A myth creature and also a variant of mermaids. There was actually a Siren in the discontinued Nexo Knights series, so it'd be nice to create a new Siren in this line.
24, Merlion
A worldwide famous statue, with white mermaid tail and a new head mold, it can insert a water sprout part.

Edited by Dorayaki

11 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm liking that La Calavera. 

Most indeed! :thumbup: *huh*

6 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

Great, but I don't think I can wait any longer, so I just post some of the random ideas I heard from others or my own headcanon. Some might have been revamped from my past guess.

Wow, all those ideas and their respective designs are most seriously excellent! I especially dig your Matsyoshka (10) and War Nurse (17)! :thumbup: :sweet:

Thank you for your comments :laugh:

16 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

Thanks for sharing. My fav is the Siren. Some of those are ideas I also have. I'm quite suprised because 2 of them look strikingly similar to what I'll post

The "Weird Grandma" concept is going to be a real figure, along with a new Red Riding Hood, in the Ideas Pop-up Book set. No hat because they couldn't get a new mold, but still.

Thanx for praises! :laugh:

On 9/25/2018 at 6:04 PM, Robert8 said:

Some of those are ideas I also have. I'm quite suprised because 2 of them look strikingly similar to what I'll post

While I don't ask what they are, the yellow frames in my drawings represent the ones heard from past discussion, the purple ones are not. It would be surprising to see you do the purple ones. :wink: (or maybe there are missing ones I didn't notice :tongue:

9 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

in the Ideas Pop-up Book set. No hat because they couldn't get a new mold, but still.

Thanx for notice. I haven't followed Ideas votings for a while. But not sure if the creator did intend to include a wolf or not (by the time of projects there are supposed to be some existed wolf figures for choices). And still a very possible result is that TLC include both a grandmother and a wolf, just in the play you exchange their heads so that wouldn't require specific molds or patterns. If TLC release an official Weird Grandma in later CMF series it might still possibly have specific molds or patterns.

Edited by Dorayaki

2 hours ago, Dorayaki said:

Thanx for notice. I haven't followed Ideas votings for a while. But not sure if the creator did intend to include a wolf or not (by the time of projects there are supposed to be some existed wolf figures for choices). And still a very possible result is that TLC include both a grandmother and a wolf, just in the play you exchange their heads so that wouldn't require specific molds or patterns. If TLC release an official Weird Grandma in later CMF series it might still possibly have specific molds or patterns.

The minifigures are only known because of leaks, but there is a grandmother head and hair that can be switched out with the wolf head. 

Thank you @Robert8 for sharing your very creative, imaginative and endless ideas. I thoroughly look forward to your future series! My favourite probably two are probably the pirate queen and closet monster. Thank you my friend.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:31 PM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I love that Calaca! Can't wait for the new series!

Thanks! I'm glad to see you're back. I haven't seen you in a while

On 9/27/2018 at 10:56 AM, J4ck said:

Thank you @Robert8 for sharing your very creative, imaginative and endless ideas. I thoroughly look forward to your future series! My favourite probably two are probably the pirate queen and closet monster. Thank you my friend.

Thanks for checking around :classic:

On 9/26/2018 at 5:13 AM, Dorayaki said:

While I don't ask what they are, the yellow frames in my drawings represent the ones heard from past discussion, the purple ones are not. It would be surprising to see you do the purple ones. :wink: (or maybe there are missing ones I didn't notice :tongue:

I do have one of the purple ones (#16)

From the yellow ones, the only I don't have is #6

Cookies Seller and Maori Warrior (#4 and #7) will be part of Series L, which I'll post this Monday

#3 is already posted in Series K

38785710905_7a073bcd02_o.png

Here we go again :classic:

Hello dear reader:

I'm so happy to return to my thread for Ideas for LEGO Collectible Minifigures. Especially now that Series 19 was just confirmed for next year which are very exciting news for me of course. 

It's been a while since the last time I posted a series. During this hiatus I completed 6 regular series and 1 licensed series. You'll note that now I'll be posting more pics for each series, including the bag, box distribuition and leaflet

And here is the SERIES L of ideas for CMFs!

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K as already introduced pieces. 

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg35031413202_e4b5fa12eb.jpg25689065107_e5440f5425.jpg38318000401_4db17ec656.jpg40279478691_1a9fca644e.jpg

So, any reuse of any of these doesn't count as a new piece anymore.

-----

Finally, after several months, here are the characters from Series L

43558941884_8516e1c1b6_b.jpg

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series L, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Mutant, Aquatic Show Trainer, Actor, Calaca, Chaos Lord, Puppet, Airline Pilot, Space Explorer, Saloon Worker, Rollerblader, Cookies Seller, Supermarket Clerk, Dino Boy, Archery Champion, Maori Warrior and Red Card Guard. 

1. Actor

Part assortment (5 pieces): New hat+hair combo piece, cane piece introduced with the (Series H) Barbershop Singer. Regular Head, torso and legs. 

44276330771_51f42ee90a_o.png

2. Aquatic Show Trainer 

Part assortment (6 pieces): Hula ring introduced with the (Series A) Gymnast. Sleepy Head's hairpiece. Dolphin mold used in The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2 Regular Head, torso and legs. 

43558944884_26cfcde5ed_b.jpg

3. Dino Boy

Part assortment (5 pieces): New baby T-Rex mask, New hatching dino egg mold (similar to the Series 18 Flowerpot Girl's pot mold). Short legs. Regular Head and torso. 

43558943914_81a59eca9a_o.png

4. Calaca 

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece with flowers. Día de los Muertos candle (Head+hollow stud+flame piece from Harry Potter). Slope piece. Regular Head and torso. 

44879048982_9b2de8e919_b.jpg

5. Saloon Worker

Part assortment (7 pieces): Hairpiece introduced with the (Series I) Buttler. Mustache piece. Bottle piece (x2). Regular Head, torso and legs.

42468241430_755c0ce462_o.png

6. Airline Pilot 

Part assortment (6 pieces): New pilot + hair combo mold. Rolling Luggage mold. 2x1 tile with printed passport. Regular Head, torso and legs. 

44276330371_40149dac14_b.jpg

7. Cookies Seller

Part assortment (9 pieces): Beret+hair mold introduced with the (Series A) Mime Girl. Cookies Box (2x1 printed tile + 2x1x1 piece). 1x1 round tile with printed cookie (x3). Short legs. Regular head and torso. Short cloth skirt introduced with the Series D Porridge Eater.

44276329311_cd2894fdaa_b.jpg

8. Puppet

Part assortment (4 pieces): New puppet yarn-like hair mold. New body piece. 2x2x1 black piece to attach the minifigure to the stand. Regular head. This minifigure is supposed to work as a finger puppet, like those old LEGO minifgures from yesteryear.

43558940754_36ce48c7be_o.png

9. Maori Warrior

Part assortment (5 pieces): Simple bun hairpiece. Old spear mold with special printing. Regular Head, torso and legs. 

43885200345_5372f58ff9_b.jpg

10. Supermarket Clerk

Part assortment (9 pieces): New paper bag mold (x2). 2x1 tile printed with packed fish. Ice cream box (1x1 round tile + printed cylinder). Cap mold. Regular Head, torso and legs.

43558939304_84d5d77c0b_o.png

11. Red Card Guard

Part assortment (6 pieces): New english archer helmet mold. LEGO Brick torso introduced in Series 18. 2x3 tile printed with Ace of Hearts card. Old spear in red. Regular head and legs. 

42468242910_068cdc721c_b.jpg

Extra pic!. Alternate version! This minifigure also appears as the Ace of Diamonds Guard version. The distribution would be 50% each

Spoiler

42468242620_8d0f7c6faa_b.jpg

12. Archery Champion 

Part assortment (6 pieces): New long hair+visor mold. The Series 12 Dino Tracker's bow+arrow piece. 2x2 round tile printed with bullseye. Regular Head, torso and legs.

43558944754_1cdf8b5c63_b.jpg

13. Chaos Lord

Part assortment (9 pieces): New horned helmet piece. New short chain piece with bars. (x2). Spiked ball (x2). Shoulder armor. Regular Head, torso and legs. Tattered cloth cape

43558944134_14ffdecac3_b.jpg

14. Rollerblader 

Part assortment (9 pieces): New inline roller skates (x2). New fanny pack piece. Recolor of the hairpiece introduced with the Archery Champion. Vintage soda can (1x1 round tile + printed cylinder). Regular Head, torso and legs.

42468242080_fc64f264f2_b.jpg

15. Mutant 

Part assortment (4 pieces): New tentacle molded arm torso (also with the S14 Fly Monster's claw). Regular head and legs. Extra head with alternate face. 

43558941374_3c1d3fee93_o.png

Extra pic!. Alternate head!

Spoiler

43558941144_793ede5e87_o.png

16. Space Explorer

Part assortment (9 pieces): Power Miners helmet and visor pieces recolored. Star Wars jetpack. 2x2 round tile printed with M-Tron logo. 1x1 stud (x2). Regular Head, torso and legs.

42468241120_7d600a5f1a_o.png

Extra pic! Back view

Spoiler

42468240820_a9b44c281d_o.png

Here is the group pic with all the characters!
Jade is the color for this series!

43885202515_fb40e9c145_o.png

Series L would introduce 15 new pieces: Bowler +hair combo piece, tentacle molded arm, baby T-Rex mask, hatching egg, long hair+visor combo, in line roller skates, fanny pack, hairpiece with flowers, horned helmet, short chain with bars, pilot hat+hair combo, english archer helmet, puppet torso, yarn-like hair with ears and paper bag. 

43558941024_681a6c9302_c.jpg

Bag:

43558944594_06c5ea16b5_o.png

Leaflet:

42983897640_59b1a14c97_b.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

44795389701_894d2359f7_z.jpg

Thanks for looking. Remember to leave a comment. It's always nice read some feedback, either good or bad :laugh:

43558939024_af9773e779_b.jpg

Next series will be posted next December.

With the next series we'll reach the 200th minifigure milestone. So, yay!

SERIES K                                                                                                                                                            SERIES M  

39697103071_c547a95998_n.jpg                                                                                            45392839472_a99f07b940_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Blown completely away again .. some beauties. My favourite has to be the Red Card Guard .. great use of the body brick piece .. great with the tile option .. offers the option to customise and make 2 to 10 card front labels 

Dat Chaos Lord and Space Explorer! :wub_drool: Robert you Glorious Bastard you, you never cease to amaze! I'm taking Saloon Worker and Chaos lord for bios, unless NWaP or 8BrickMario want them.

Another fantastic series! It's good to have you back. Standouts for me are the Calaca, the Mutant, Chaos Lord, Puppet, Maori, and Actor, though this whole series is incredible.

And @Eggyslav you can have the Chaos Lord; you'd likely do a better job than I anyway :wink:

Chaos Lord:

BRICKS FOR THE BRICK GOD!!!

Chaos Lord comes from a dark and grim, brickless dimension, and since he was born, he trained to be the most brutal warrior in his tribe. Now, he and his demonic army of Chaos have invaded the World of CMF. With flails akimbo, and blood-curdling battlecry, he leads his fanatic hordes in the name of the eldritch gods of his ancient religion, to sow seeds of war and destruction and to sieze as much bricks as possible. Why does he want all those bricks? To build a couple of giant thrones for his evil gods, naturally. Luckilly there still are many minifigure heroes like the Barbarian, Rouge or Warrior Woman, who can join powers against this madman.

Saloon Worker:

Howdy Pardner, what's yer Poison?

The Slver City Saloon is always full of visitors, and this honest minifig runs it. Whether you need a drink or a chat, the Saloon Worker is here to provide both. The locals know him well, and trust him with all their worries and secrets, for they know he'll listen, and give them good advice. Little do they know, that Saloon Worker is also an informator to the Sheriff, as many bandits and desperados confess to him when inebriated about their heists.

Edited by Eggyslav