Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Here is (finally) the public Flickr with all the ideas for CMFs so far:

AWESOME! :thumbup: :sweet: thumbsupud.gif

By the way, would you ever consider doing a Classic Space themed Starship Captain archetype for a future CMS down the road? It's an archetype that surprisingly I haven't seen too many people request or wish for, let alone render.

15 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, would you ever consider doing a Classic Space themed Starship Captain archetype for a future CMS down the road? It's an archetype that surprisingly I haven't seen too many people request or wish for, let alone render.

That's an interesting suggestion I hadn't thought of before

But I can tell you there is a Sci minifigure in Series L: a M-Tron themed character :classic:

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But I can tell you there is a Sci minifigure in Series L: a M-Tron themed character :classic:

Cool! Will it perhaps be a female counterpart to the S12 Space Miner? That's what I always wished that CMF would have been themed after in color scheme. 

A tan Army Man like in your series D but you need to do something so it's not too much the same as you green one maybe make it a general or give it different equipment

On 5/30/2018 at 2:40 PM, Foreman said:

A tan Army Man like in your series D but you need to do something so it's not too much the same as you green one maybe make it a general or give it different equipment

Thanks for the suggestion :classic:

15 hours ago, Voliant said:

How do you make these images?

I make these with Adobe Illustrator :classic:

Edited by Robert8

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I make these with Adobe Illustrator :classic:

I was kind of referring to how you manage to keep the shapes in the parts accurate to their real life counterparts! Do you do it just by eye, or is there something else? :)

Edited by Voliant

4 hours ago, Voliant said:

I was kind of referring to how you manage to keep the shapes in the parts accurate to their real life counterparts! Do you do it just by eye, or is there something else? :)

Oh ok

When I need to draw a piece, and take a picture of a real minifigure holding it and then I trace it over the picture.

If I don't have the piece in my collection, I try to look for a pic on the internet to trace it. If there isn't any then I draw it by eye

:classic:

Love your series, was happy to see them consolidated onto one flikr page. Question though, is there a reason your Marvel series, and other random one-off cmf theme series aren't included on the page? Or am I confusing you with someone else...

2 minutes ago, ShoelaceAglet said:

Question though, is there a reason your Marvel series, and other random one-off cmf theme series aren't included on the page? Or am I confusing you with someone else...

You must be thinking of @Ashnflash's work. :wink:

39 minutes ago, ShoelaceAglet said:

Ah, thanks @Digger of Bricks. I know I was familar with @Robert8's work first, and got them mixed up. Beautiful work all around though everyone! Love the fantasy/medieval figs in these series, makes me super sad Lego doesn't do anything nearly as cool as these

Thank you so much I'm glad you liked them.

I'm planning to post more series soon. :classic:

I love the Nymph and the gravedigger, I'd buy them on day 1. But, the politician or the doctor should have been female.

edit: I'd buy the hobbit-like figure as well :D

Edited by FortNerd

this is great! you should do an all-fleshy series with really good faces, though. I haven't seen very many good fleshy cmfs. the danish soccer team was one of the better ones out of the... what was it, the three? there was 2 batman ones... those were fleshy. AAANYways... love it! 

1 hour ago, meepinater said:

this is great! you should do an all-fleshy series with really good faces, though. I haven't seen very many good fleshy cmfs. the danish soccer team was one of the better ones out of the... what was it, the three? there was 2 batman ones... those were fleshy. AAANYways... love it! 

Those would have to be licensed characters; that's how LEGO works. The soccer players are real people, the Batman figures are licensed, so they're not yellow for those reasons. Robert8 is not going to make a fleshie series unless there are licensed figures involved, however, because LEGO does not use flesh tones for non-licensed characters. 

Edited by 8BrickMario

43 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Those would have to be licensed characters; that's how LEGO works. The soccer players are real people, the Batman figures are licensed, so they're not yellow for those reasons. Robert8 is not going to make a fleshie series unless there are licensed figures involved, however, because LEGO does not use flesh tones for non-licensed characters. 

aw... oh, well. I can just find the fleshys i need on bricklink. Still, it would be cool!

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

umm... actually Vitruvius form the lego movie was non-licensed but he got a flesh tone

1 hour ago, Foreman said:

umm... actually Vitruvius form the lego movie was non-licensed but he got a flesh tone

He is an exception. 

21 hours ago, Foreman said:

oooh, yeah! i love that skin tone. the only problem with vitruvius is the fact that his blind eyes look like cucumber slices... 

:P just an observation!

On 6/27/2018 at 2:35 PM, FortNerd said:

I love the Nymph and the gravedigger, I'd buy them on day 1. But, the politician or the doctor should have been female.

edit: I'd buy the hobbit-like figure as well :D

Thank you :)

The doctor being a female would have been similar to the S11 Scientist. Also, we already had a female Nurse and Veterinarian

I thought about the Politician being a female, but I already had the 5 women for the series. 

In the next series - Series L - there will be a woman in a (very) stereotypical male profession. Hope you'll be checking around 

Who is the Hobbit-like character?

On 6/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, meepinater said:

I might post a couple of licensed series at some point 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I might post a couple of licensed series at some point 

Cool! there are so many ideas for that... star wars, pirates of the Caribbean, you could even do a military series! although i wouldn't mind if that was in yellow...