Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

I love this series too, especially the Jouster, but all ideas is fantastic. You should work for TLG!

I'll wait for the next one until I have to... :thumbup:

When I saw the Pirate Queen I screamed with Joy, I just LOVE HER! And the Gravedigger, I'm certainly writing a bio for him, he Cartoon girl is super cute, and My god, the Jouster, It's just PERFECT!

As for the Bios, as I already said, I'm taking on the Grave Digger the toy clown, The Jouster, the Doctor, and Pirate Queen.

Edited by Eggyslav

Gravedigger:

Sir, I can assure you, I never heard my customers complain, after all, you can't hear them from six feet underground...

Working at Lego City Funeral House, the Gravedigger isn't DEAD serious about his job. Despite his stiff and cold demeanor, he's got quite a sense of humor, when it comes to dealing with the city's bucket kickers. As a young lad, he wanted to be a standup comedian, but unfortunately, due to ironic twist of fate he started a career in the most grim and dark industry, that is Funerary services. But that doesn't stop him, unlike other undertakers, he's not a dead inside, Memento Mori- kinda guy. In fact, since the living are being offput by his creepy cackle and inapropriate behavior when dealing with the dignity and gravity of ones death and funeral, he decided then to entertain the undead roaming his cemetary. His jokes, anecdotes, and japes have made the ghouls giggling, ghosts grinning, the skeletons had their funny bone tickled, and everyone would die from laughter if they haven't been already dead. Hell, he even made the Grim Reaper smile, even though he doesn't have lips to smile with them.

Toy Clown

POP GOES THE WEASEL! Wait, too soon?

Everybody knows the toy clown jumping out of his musicbox and his song, but this one here has real problems with his timing, he always springs out at the wrong time, either just before the song ends, or after a while. Whether it's something wrong with his mechanism, or a personality quirk, he just can't help it, and it iritates him so much. But kids really love his unpredictable nature, after all, It's all abut suprise, right?

The Jouster

Yes, yes, I won, now can someone help me dismount? I CAN'T MOVE!

The champion of many tournaments, the Jouster loves all the aspects of being a knight... except from wearing armor, It's heavy, clunky, and it hinders him so much, he needs to be constantly helped when he trips and falls on every turn. Plus, It's a nuissance, putting it on, piece by piece, locking it with buckles and hooks. And then he must climb a horse, encased in that steel shell. But this unwieldy burden has saved his life many times at the lists, so it's not that bad afterall, since he's jousting with opponents armed with sharpened lances.

Doctor

Anyvay, when ze Patient voke up, his Skeleton vas Missing, and ze Doctor vas never heard from Again!

This doctor is surely treating the Hypocratic Oath more like the Hypocratic suggestion. In his twisted mind, the noble art of Medicine is just a tool to satisfy his morbid curiosity, and he treats his patients as test subjects, in wicked and gruesome experiments. No-one is even sure if he really is a trained professional, since, you know, sewing in an additional heart or liver, transplanting brains, conjoining people together and replacing limbs or heads of a minifig is not what a real medic would do in his spare time. But suprisingly, all his experiments and surgeries are always successful, and his patients are all well, some even get superpowers from these crazy operations.

Pirate Queen

Avast, ye scurvy sea-rats! Your cargo hold surely needs a woman's touch!

Every seafaring merchant and every port tremble in fear when they see the black sails of Her Majesty, the Killer Syren, the Ruthless Goddess of the Ocean, the Pirate Queen. Commanding huge fleet of bloodthirsty scoundrels, she is a force to be reckonned. Woe to anyone who opposes her, as she empties her victim's ship from valuables, and takes no prisoners. Even though the Emperor himself offered a huge bounty for her beautiful head, no one's brave (or stupid) enough to claim it. Though everyone knows the Pirate Queen is so badass, because she just wants to impress her secret crush, the Swashbuckler, anyone in her crew who says that out loud, is sure to have his tongue ripped out and used to swab the deck with it. And don't mention a word about her "booty", lest you want to face a fate worse than death from the Queen's own hands.

Edited by Eggyslav

I instantly wow'ed out loud with the pirate queen! I really, really want this! The doctor is another highlight. He looks like the type to operate in the field, providing aid in times of natural disasters or war. Top-notch, man! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just gonna come out and say it, Robert8, but you really are on par, and oft-times surpassing, LEGO with a lot of the designs. You're also proving that LEGO is most definitely wrong for shifting to more licensed CMF series.

Pumping Iron!!!

I think the Pirate Queen is the best of the series, and Lego definitely needs to make one as well. The gravedigger is my personal favorite, together with the closet monster i guess. The gravedigger will make a custom Alice Cooper :-)

Another fantastic series here. The Gravedigger, Toy Clown, and Closet Monster especially.

Okay, making 100% sure that I'm not treading on someone else's bios again:

Closet Monster

"RAAAARGHHHH- Oh, no, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!"

At midnight, when the darkness is at its peak and children are sound alseep, the things that go bump in the night come out. The Closet Monster is one of them. He knows the drilll: Arms up, teeth bared, eyes glowing, but while he can go through with the scare, it always breaks his heart. The poor kids were just trying to have a nice sleep, so he always calms them down with a torrent of apologies, a fuzzy hug, and sometimes, a bedtime story or a trip down to the kitchen to get them some warm milk and cookies.

Though he tries and tries to be scary and tough, the Closet Monster can never quite commit. When he slips under the bed and disappears to the next house, he steels his resolve, but the same routine follows every single time. Though he doubts himself, in the kids' houses, he's since seen happy drawings and plush dolls of him made after his visits. Perhaps a monster is better as a friend than as a nightmare.

Cartoon Girl

"It's a crazy world...so let me be crazy!"

The Cartoon Girl has trouble sometimes with being who she wants to be. She's seen everybody else in her position, and they're all the same. Her world is so wacky and fun and surreal, so why is she expected to be the only one who doesn't participate? Her friend the Cartoon goes through a lot, and it looks like so much fun, but meanwhile, she's being kidnapped and shown off unscathed. 

Well, she's having none of it. Recently, the Cartoon Girl has begun to have a little more fun. She and the Cartoon have been working together now to fight the bad guys, and they're both getting twisted and transformed and sent through bizarre lands now. She's gotten a lot more out of her adventures now, and can't wait to continue. The only problem now is that her newfound enjoyment of her own world has made her hesitant to join her friend in the world of the Minifigures. And besides, even that's a little too strange for her!

Edited by 8BrickMario

These are absolutely awesome. LEGO's gotta take some inspiration from you here! Have you ever submitted them? I do wonder if there is any way to contact the current CMF designers.

Thank you for your comments :classic:

I'm pleased to see so much love for the Pirate Queen. Originally she was going to be a random crew pirate woman, but I decided to change her to be a captainess. Maybe later I'll include a crew pirate woman (Like the S8 Pirate Captain/S16 Scallywag Pirate)

----------------------------------

Thank you for those bios @8BrickMario and @Eggyslav 

The Closet Monster bio is so sweet. I think that's exactly how TLG would do it

Also, I noticed the Cartoon Girl doesn't have a quote.

4 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

This doctor is surely treating the Hypocratic Oath more like the Hypocratic suggestion. In his twisted mind, the noble art of Medicine is just a tool to satisfy his morbid curiosity, and he treats his patients as test subjects, in wicked and gruesome experiments.

:distressed:

The Grave Digger's bio is particularly hilarious. I'm glad you made the connection with the Grim Reaper. Also, agai, you predicted another minifigure coming in the future :wink:

The Pirate Queen bio is also pretty cool

2 hours ago, General Magma said:

These are absolutely awesome. LEGO's gotta take some inspiration from you here! Have you ever submitted them? I do wonder if there is any way to contact the current CMF designers.

I think they take screenshots of these figs without a doubt. I mean these are just free ideas they can use.  Robert8 is a designer for lego who doesn’t need to get paid for it. It wouldn’t surprise me if lego will use some of his designs (tweaked of course)

but i understand why he does this. It is just so much fun inventing and designing these. And he does a great job!

Edited by Borex

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Thank you for those bios @8BrickMario and @Eggyslav 

The Closet Monster bio is so sweet. I think that's exactly how TLG would do it

Also, I noticed the Cartoon Girl doesn't have a quote.

:distressed:

The Grave Digger's bio is particularly hilarious. I'm glad you made the connection with the Grim Reaper. Also, agai, you predicted another minifigure coming in the future :wink:

The Pirate Queen bio is also pretty cool

Yeah, the Doctor turned quite dark, I kinda based him on Team Fortress 2 Medic, even borrowed his quote... I don't know why though... And let me guess, the future minifig I predicted is a Standup Comedian? Also, not only Grim Reaper had a referrence, I also mentioned the Emperor and TLG's Swashbuckler in  Pirate Queen's bio... Glad you liked them Robert. :)

39 minutes ago, Borex said:

I think they take screenshots of these figs without a doubt. I mean these are just free ideas they can use.  Robert8 is a designer for lego who doesn’t need to get paid for it. It wouldn’t surprise me if lego will use some of his designs (tweaked of course)

but i understand why he does this. It is just so much fun inventing and designing these. And he does a great job!

We've seen absolutely no proof that LEGO has seen or stolen any of Robert8's work. While it's arguable if they take Ideas submissions, that's still a rather cynical view of their practices. 

@Robert8: Quote now added!

Edited by 8BrickMario

58 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

We've seen absolutely no proof that LEGO has seen or stolen any of Robert8's work. While it's arguable if they take Ideas submissions, that's still a rather cynical view of their practices. 

@Robert8: Quote now added!

True.

But i would understand why they would steal his ideas. Maybe robert needs to try to get a designer job at lego? He is good at it!

Every time, you wow us every time. The tooth fairy is beautiful and finally makes me like the wing piece, jouster would surely be feverishly snatched up by all the army builders, terra-cotta warrior is an instant classic and cartoon girl is brilliant. And yes the Pirate Queen is stunning. I love this thread and of your excellent designs. 

7 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

And let me guess, the future minifig I predicted is a Standup Comedian? 

:wink:

11 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Just gonna come out and say it, Robert8, but you really are on par, and oft-times surpassing, LEGO with a lot of the designs.

Thanks for such a big compliment

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I instantly wow'ed out loud with the pirate queen! I really, really want this! The doctor is another highlight. He looks like the type to operate in the field, providing aid in times of natural disasters or war. Top-notch, man! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks. I wanted to make a different Doctor from the ones we've got in City sets. So, I made like a classic old doctor

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Every time, you wow us every time. 

10 hours ago, General Magma said:

These are absolutely awesome.

My favorite, hands down, is the Nymph - I adore here! I also love the Closet Monster and the Toy Clown, they are both so adorable! And the Grave Digger, the Beanstalk Climber, the Caroler and the Pirate Queen are also favorites. The rest are just great icing on this awesome cake! Thanks for another inspired series, and I will try to wait patiently for the fall for your next reveals.

Favorites are:

1. Nymph

2. Grave Digger

3. Cartoon Girl

4. Pirate Queen

5. Holidaymaker

6. Tooth Fairy

7. Caroler Guy

Overall, this is DEFINETLY my favorite of your CMFS, as in this one, there is not a single minifigure i don't like. :classic:

Amazing work as always, Robert. If only TLG could return to churning out great series like this.

<3 that jouster!

On 1/15/2018 at 4:51 AM, Eggyslav said:

Anyvay, when ze Patient voke up, his Skeleton vas Missing, and ze Doctor vas never heard from Again!

Excellent reference.

And excellent work as always, Rob! Wish I was able to see them earlier, when all my top picks for bios were taken; I think I'll sit this round out, on to you @Eggyslav @8BrickMario

Nymph

"Is Nature safe from no one?"

The elusive Nymph lives in the meadows and forests where Nature is at its purest. For fun, she plays with the insects, weaves plants into lovely garments, rests in trees, and splashes in the streams. Her beautiful home may look like a paradise, but there's just one problem.

The Faun always destroys it. While he's certainly friendly and plays the catchiest melodies on his flute, he creates a mess wherever he goes. How many times has she had to clean fur from the ponds, mourn the errant bugs unfortunate enough to be underhoof, or to apologize to the grass that has been eaten?  Surely a fellow nature lover should have care for the wild, but despite his pleasant company and love for her home, he's just not worth having over. And she thought humans were the biggest problem!

Date Night Guy

"Am I trying too hard?"

This is the one! The girl that's going to change his life and become his wife...right? She's beautiful, smart, funny, and the Date Night Guy's got all the gifts. Flowers, teddy bears, chocolates, balloons, novelty T-shirts...it's Valentine's Day every night for this guy! So why are all the kisses placed on his cheek, and why do all the ladies not respond to his follow-up calls?

Well, maybe he's laying it on a little thick. But the poor Date Night Guy sees only sincerity in his efforts to impress. Why do they all seem repelled by his enthusiasm? Ah, well. The Date Night Guy knows that she's out there somewhere. Maybe he'll leave out the balloons next time.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Wow, it's incredible how many good ideas are still out there!

My favorite original* ideas are the tooth Fairy and the Toy Clown.

*The Terracotta Warrior or the Christmas Caroler pops up regularly on forums, the design is cool thought.

P.S.: Why 41?

22 hours ago, miniman said:

Please make an appropriate barded horse for the Jouster! He is nothing without a horse. Thanks.

Isn't a barded horse way too big for a CMF bag? :look:

But there is something the Jouster really needs.... An opponent, right? :wink:

2 hours ago, Yooha said:

Wow, it's incredible how many good ideas are still out there!

My favorite original* ideas are the tooth Fairy and the Toy Clown.

*The Terracotta Warrior or the Christmas Caroler pops up regularly on forums, the design is cool thought.

P.S.: Why 41?

Thanks. About the 41. Well, the minifigures need a black outline in each piece to make the silhouette. In the Bodybuilder, his number was printed in both the hip piece and the leg, so the the black line is all over the print. I tried numbers and some of them like the 6 or the 8 looked weird with the black line in the middle. Only the 4 and 1 were easily readable :laugh: So, that's why. Of course, a real minifigure wouldn't have such black lines. 

7 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

Nymph

Date Night Guy

Thanks for those bios

When I was reading the Nymph's and you mentioned the Faun I was worried about the direction the story was heading to :laugh: I was like omg there could be kids reading this :laugh:

About the Date Night Guy, you're right: she is coming :wink:

8 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Excellent reference.

And excellent work as always, Rob! Wish I was able to see them earlier, when all my top picks for bios were taken; I think I'll sit this round out, on to you @Eggyslav @8BrickMario

Thanks. And it's ok. I hope to read your bios in the next one!  :classic:

10 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Amazing work as always, Robert. If only TLG could return to churning out great series like this.

14 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

You are getting better and better @Robert8

17 hours ago, Fifulin said:

Overall, this is DEFINETLY my favorite of your CMFS, as in this one, there is not a single minifigure i don't like. :classic:

Thank you so much :classic: