Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

2 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

So, basically, Ghost Riders are the US equivalent to Northern European Wild Hunt?

I think the legend it's even inspired by it

9 hours ago, Karalora said:

Oh, I LIKE him! A Haunted Old West theme would be great for an entire line of sets!

Agree. It would be a great way for bringing back Western sets. 

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

So, basically, Ghost Riders are the US equivalent to Northern European Wild Hunt?

Sort of. The main difference, I think, is that the Ghost Riders are not portrayed as a threat to those they encounter. In the song "Ghost Riders in the Sky" (the first line of which I quoted in my last post above), the protagonist witnesses the Riders chasing down a herd of ghostly cattle, and it's implied he might be in danger of being trampled by the cattle, but the Riders just ignore him. Whereas the Wild Hunt consists of Odin/Herne/Oberon/etc. with his hunting party and dogs, and if you cross their path they might well decide to hunt you.

5. Haunted Manor Keeper

Part assortment (8 pieces):  New candelabra piece. New key ring. Flame piece (x3). Hairpiece introduced with the Series C Evil Queen. Series 9 Mermaid hairpiece. Slope piece. Regular head and torso.

50293088681_f26caa9c58_o.png

Alternate look:

Spoiler

50293088631_c35358138f_o.png

Edited by Robert8

She kinda reminds me of a super strict Victorian/Edwardian Boarding School for Girls headmistress.

Ooooh, I love her! She has just the right amount of class vs creepiness.

The new moulds are great too, they would be so useful!

On 10/2/2020 at 11:50 AM, Lacdaran said:

This is depressing.  These are always so much better than what the lego group ends up actually making it bums me out.  In every real CMF series maybe 1 or 2 of the figs stands up against Robert8's consistent quality.

QFT, especially given the price increase. These are all great so far, Robert8. Makes me sad we're not likely to get another Halloween themed CMF series.

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Ooh, and Michelle Gomez joins the cast ;) 

Oh I didn't know who Michelle Gomez was, but after googling her I see what you mean

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh I didn't know who Michelle Gomez was, but after googling her I see what you mean

Yep, somehow you manage to capture her ‘Missy’ character in Dr Who *and* her character in Sabrina with this. 

6. Spooky Clown

Part assortment (5 pieces):  Balloon piece introduced in Series 18. Hairpiece introduced with the Series Ñ Kite Flyer. Regular head, torso and legs.

50292412403_6f1073232c_o.png

31 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

Pennivais ?

Actually is more inspired by the clown sightings craze from a few years ago

8 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Good job on agitating my coulrophobia Robert... And I thought Birthday Clown was bad... :distressed:

:laugh:

On 10/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, Robert8 said:

5. Haunted Manor Keeper

Part assortment (8 pieces):  New candelabra piece. New key ring. Flame piece (x3). Hairpiece introduced with the Series C Evil Queen. Series 9 Mermaid hairpiece. Slope piece. Regular head and torso.

She is really great. I prefer her original look.

7. Mutant Woman

Part assortment (5 pieces):  New left double arm. New right double arm. Hairpiece introduced in Hidden Side. Soda cup introduced in the Simpsons Series 2 Regular head and legs.

50293088551_cc06c7b414_o.png

Without the hairpiece

Spoiler

50292412618_175e15067a_o.png

Is there any human being on the planet, who is not afraid of clowns? How on earth can they be let near to our children?!

5 hours ago, Yooha said:

Is there any human being on the planet, who is not afraid of clowns? How on earth can they be let near to our children?!

I'm not and never have been, so....

Anyway, the Mutant Woman is adorable! I love her biohazard slushie!