Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

I feel out of place having heard of Father Frost but I didn’t expect to see the figure! It looks nice, especially the hat. 

also it looks like the secret project is slated for June. I’m curious to hear about it. 

Edited by ToaIruini
no double post

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:
9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, I've just noticed that you have this one mystery Series slated between Series S and Series T... :oh: ...have you previously mentioned this before and I simply forgot?

Thats the secret project

Ah, alright then... :classic:

2 hours ago, Chris6500 said:

@Robert8 is Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus is next for Advent Calendar??????

Hmm no I dont have them in my Advent Calendar :sceptic:

4. Snow Maiden

Part assortment (6 pieces): New russian headdress. Recolor of S17 rabbit. Recolor of the Disney S2 bird. Slope. Regular head and torso.

49099063166_b7a46b2f07_o.png

Oh yes! After Father Frost, I was really hoping you would do Snegurochka...Thank you! :purrr:

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ah? :look:

Hi,

I considered it as a sign of confusement. :) I meant that the minifigs in the first 3 (now 4) days are not typical xmas minifigs, like Santa, or and Elf, or a Snowman. Is it intentionally, that you do "not-that-typical" minifigs, or maybe they will appear later? Either way is great though!

That polar bear would look great with the Atlantis Hammerhead head inside instead, maybe with a fish (or the bunny above).

Oh, she is lovely! And it's nice to have a pair of characters with a blue palette. It's easy to get fixated on red/green for Christmas, but blues are very wintry as well.

They've all been good so far but this one is tops!  I like the bird recolor especially.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Gald everyone is liking the minifigures so far. Due the positive response, I'm considering making another next year. (Also because I still have a lot of Holiday themed figures that didn't make into this Calendar). 

21 hours ago, Yooha said:

Hi,

I considered it as a sign of confusement. :) I meant that the minifigs in the first 3 (now 4) days are not typical xmas minifigs, like Santa, or and Elf, or a Snowman. Is it intentionally, that you do "not-that-typical" minifigs, or maybe they will appear later? Either way is great though!

Well, Father Frost is Santa, just from different region of the world. And the Snow Maiden is his daughter and companion while giving the gifts. Santa Claus daughter is also a character that is becoming more and more popular over the years. This year a Disney movie about her came out . And there has been like 3 or 4 already. So, these last 2 are just Santa and his daughter, but just seen as Russia depicts them. 

I get what you are saying, but I don't like "updated" CMFs. I wouldn't like an "updated classic Santa Claus" taking the spot on a CMF wave. That's why I'm making the calendar this way. Holiday elves, Mrs. Claus, Snowman, Gingerbread Man/Woman are characters already made on either real series or my own. So, trying to not be repetitive with already released characters. So, there won't be another Snowman or another Holiday Elf or another Mrs. Claus. 

Thanks for the feedback, especially coming from an Advent Calendar Guru, like you :classic:

Edited by Robert8

Something tells me the brown color bunny would also be useful for a chocolate bunny for Easter... 

another great one. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Due the positive response, I'm considering making another next year. (Also because I still have a lot of Holiday themed figures that didn't make into this Calendar). 

Dang, and I thought twenty-four holiday-themed archetypes alone would've been hard enough to come up with for such... :oh3:

Christmas is the most popular holiday worldwide and has absorbed a ****-ton of traditions and imagery over the centuries, and that's before you even get to the deliberate pop culture fabrications like Frosty the Snowman and the Grinch.

5. Gingerbread Boy

Part assortment (5 pieces): New lollipop piece . 3L bar piece. Recolor of the S11 Gingerbread Man head mold. Short legs. Regular head.

49098554438_5b1b53ce91_o.png

Edited by Robert8

That's much better than the printed tile. The lollipop is something we've been needing for a while; round tiles on traffic paddles just aren't cutting it these days.

When it was revealed that this years Winter Village was the gingerbread house, I was afraid they might include the children, because these were already made at that point, but seeing they only included the parents and a baby was a relief... 

I feel Gingerbread Boy/Girl would be a nice inclusion in something like this: a Holiday themed series. In a regular series they wouln't deserve a spot IMO.

Just to go back to Father Frost and the Snow Maiden for a moment, I'd hope to see both of their new headgear parts reused for some other Russian archetypes... :blush:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Just to go back to Father Frost and the Snow Maiden for a moment, I'd hope to see both of their new headgear parts reused for some other Russian archetypes... :blush:

Haha Am I that predictable? Just wait for Series S

6. Caroler Girl

Part assortment (8 pieces):  Hairpiece introduced with the Series P Rabbit Follower. 2x2 printed tile. Candle piece, flame piece and hollow stud. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Cloth skirt.

49098554568_1060bb88b5_o.png