Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:
11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

BTW, will you be publishing this Series over on Instagram and Flickr soon @Robert8:classic:

They are up on IG and Flickr already

Alright, thanks! :thumbup: :blush:

6 hours ago, Brother From Another Brick said:

LEGO needs to hire @Robert8 we would finally have some amazing Collectible minifigs.

Believe me, you and almost everybody else here have given Robert that complement... :grin:

Another excellent series.  The wraith, Anubis, and tombstone are my favorites.  A lot of details and the head prints are fantastic.  The knight, marionette guy, muse, and herald are also really good.  Shower time guy is pretty funny.  Great job keep up the good work.  

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Another excellent series.  The wraith, Anubis, and tombstone are my favorites.  A lot of details and the head prints are fantastic.  The knight, marionette guy, muse, and herald are also really good.  Shower time guy is pretty funny.  Great job keep up the good work.  

55 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Osiris, mobile suit guy, and an absolutely killer medieval/fantasy selection? Yes please robert! :moar:

Thank you so much for your kind words

I wasn't sure about including Joan of Arc as a minifigure, because of the religious context, but what the heck. 

If TLG ever releases a Joan of Arc minifigure, I don't think they would use her coat of arms, so it won't be that obvious 

Hello Robert8, I occasionally checked this thread but recently made an account. This thread is probably the only thing reviving my interest in non-licensed cmfs as they are very few nowadays. I just want to say that all of your ideas are amazing and well-done and have an extra layer of creativity and lighthearted that make them stand out. I collect minifigures and have spent a great deal of time thinking of possibilities and so it's cool to see some ideas I've thought of before come to life in this thread with your spin and also see figures I never would even considered. These ideas for cmfs are a highlight for me and I would certainly buy all of them :excited:

My favorite designs for all series include the Castaway, Ghost Boy, Homebound Man, Piñata Boy, Clocktower Guy, Alchemist, Samba Dancer, Ghost Bride, Ocean Warrior, Little Witch, Pirate Empress, Undertaker, Bartender, Unikitty Cosplayer, Circus Acrobat, Adventurer, Snowman, Showertime Guy, Venusian, and Giant... 

But of course the list goes on and on and I can appreciate the time you spend on each of the designs. I wish I could list more but these are the ones that really standout to me. One minifigure I would like to see made is a tuba player, with a big sousaphone. :classic:

Hopefully this isn't too flattering but good designs need recognition and I hope this thread will remain relevant for a long time. 

2 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Hopefully this isn't too flattering but good designs need recognition and I hope this thread will remain relevant for a long time

AMEN TO THAT!!! :thumbup: :purrr:

Well done, as always, Robert8 - Love the Venusian, the Marionettist, the Wraith, the Muse, Camp Boy and the Turkey Suit Guy the most, but would definitely need the Pilgrim Woman for that awesome turkey. All of them would be most welcome on my shelf! Another great series! I don't know how you keep doing it, but, well, keep doing it! I love these!

I really need to follow your ideas more because they're amazing. Both N and O have had a good number of figures I'd love to have on my shelf, as opposed to the six or so (overall) from the last few license waves. I wish lego would switch back to the kind of creativity you've shown in these.

Keep up the amazing work!

20 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

Hello Robert8, I occasionally checked this thread but recently made an account. This thread is probably the only thing reviving my interest in non-licensed cmfs as they are very few nowadays. I just want to say that all of your ideas are amazing and well-done and have an extra layer of creativity and lighthearted that make them stand out. I collect minifigures and have spent a great deal of time thinking of possibilities and so it's cool to see some ideas I've thought of before come to life in this thread with your spin and also see figures I never would even considered. These ideas for cmfs are a highlight for me and I would certainly buy all of them :excited:

My favorite designs for all series include the Castaway, Ghost Boy, Homebound Man, Piñata Boy, Clocktower Guy, Alchemist, Samba Dancer, Ghost Bride, Ocean Warrior, Little Witch, Pirate Empress, Undertaker, Bartender, Unikitty Cosplayer, Circus Acrobat, Adventurer, Snowman, Showertime Guy, Venusian, and Giant... 

But of course the list goes on and on and I can appreciate the time you spend on each of the designs. I wish I could list more but these are the ones that really standout to me. One minifigure I would like to see made is a tuba player, with a big sousaphone. :classic:

Hopefully this isn't too flattering but good designs need recognition and I hope this thread will remain relevant for a long time. 

Thank you for your words. Hope you'll keep around here on EB

16 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Well done, as always, Robert8 - Love the Venusian, the Marionettist, the Wraith, the Muse, Camp Boy and the Turkey Suit Guy the most, but would definitely need the Pilgrim Woman for that awesome turkey. All of them would be most welcome on my shelf! Another great series! I don't know how you keep doing it, but, well, keep doing it! I love these!

6 hours ago, pawcanada said:

I really need to follow your ideas more because they're amazing. Both N and O have had a good number of figures I'd love to have on my shelf, as opposed to the six or so (overall) from the last few license waves. I wish lego would switch back to the kind of creativity you've shown in these.

Keep up the amazing work!

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @Robert8, unless you already have such an archetype in the pipeline for an upcoming future Series, might I suggest a female counterpart to your Series Ñ Adventurer (i.e. an Adventuress). :classic:

So almost like a minifigure based off Lara Croft? I would love to see something like that. But I'm still holding out for a Sousaphone Player, whether in this ideas thread or an actual figure (one can dream, right?)

Just now, ToaIruini said:

So almost like a minifigure based off Lara Croft? I would love to see something like that.

Sure, that's one direction Lego could go with the archetype, though I'd personally prefer staying within a Pulp-inspired timeframe for such a CMF. For instance, something more in the vein of Athena Voltaire would definitely be more up my alley! :wink:

2492314-athenavoltaire.jpg

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, that's one direction Lego could go with the archetype, though I'd personally prefer staying within a Pulp-inspired timeframe for such a CMF. For instance, something more in the vein of Athena Voltaire would definitely be more up my alley! :wink:

I would certainly welcome that as well :classic:

18 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:
3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I would certainly welcome that as well :classic:

Now, as an alternative design for the archetype, I wouldn't at all mind seeing something rather akin to this instead:

marc-scott-ghfr2.jpg?1442008019

I do have a female adventurer listed, but she is more of a Lara Croft /female Indiana Jones :classic:

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I do have a female adventurer listed, but she is more of a Lara Croft /female Indiana Jones :classic:

SWEET!!! :thumbup: :sweet: 

P.S. Unless you wish to keep it a surprise until then, will she be more modern like Lara Croft, or more period-set/pulp like Indiana Jones? :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. Unless you wish to keep it a surprise until then, will she be more modern like Lara Croft, or more period-set/pulp like Indiana Jones? :shrug_oh_well:

Like Lara Croft/Nathan Drake, but in a Indiana Jones period/setting. At least that's what I have in mind, because I haven't made her yet

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:
19 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Like Lara Croft/Nathan Drake, but in a Indiana Jones period/setting. At least that's what I have in mind, because I haven't made her yet

Oooooh, I'm already liking the sound of that... :moar:

Holy heck I'm late for these but this series is astounding! The DUPLO Alien Boy and Tombstone are spectacularly well designed, and the Mobile Suit Guy is one of my favorite of your concepts so far! I echo what @Digger of Bricks said about the Venusian fitting right in with the Systarians.

But every time I look at the herald I can only think of 

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

13 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Holy heck I'm late for these but this series is astounding! The DUPLO Alien Boy and Tombstone are spectacularly well designed, and the Mobile Suit Guy is one of my favorite of your concepts so far! I echo what @Digger of Bricks said about the Venusian fitting right in with the Systarians.

But every time I look at the herald I can only think of 

Thanks! 

Mobile Suit Guy is one of the most out-there characters I've ever presented in this thread :laugh:

On 10/1/2018 at 7:47 AM, Robert8 said:

13. Chaos Lord

Part assortment (9 pieces): New horned helmet piece. New short chain piece with bars. (x2). Spiked ball (x2). Shoulder armor. Regular Head, torso and legs. Tattered cloth cape

By the way, I meant to ask about this recently yet forgot, but is this CMF's design inspired after Alexandre Boudon's BigFig concept art by any chance? :shrug_oh_well:

CharacterDesign07.jpg

On 6/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, I meant to ask about this recently yet forgot, but is this CMF's design inspired after Alexandre Boudon's BigFig concept art by any chance? :shrug_oh_well:

Yes, of course. He is a great inspiration for me. I also used as reference some characters from fantasy games but at this point I dont have the pictures anymore. Maybe I can look for them again later.

4 hours ago, Foreman said:

what will you call your series after you deplete the alphabet?

I plan to end these with Series Z. 

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:
4 hours ago, Foreman said:

what will you call your series after you deplete the alphabet?

I plan to end these with Series Z. 

Even by that point, TLG will likely have a lotta catching up to do with you at the rate they're going now... :innocent: