Robert8

Ideas for a CMF Advent Calendar

Recommended Posts

Who's ready for more ideas for CMFs??? :laugh:
Because here is Series M!

44720348934_6b53ee9cc5_o.png

 

NOTE. I'm playing to be The LEGO Group here, so I'm taking the new pieces from Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L as already introduced pieces.  :classic:
 

Spoiler

32047940808_7a59e0896c.jpg37566842595_6f583a17fb.jpg25164047857_c64185f0d4.jpg28311216939_e1158d59cf.jpg25828854998_e298be4ed6.jpg32582596490_d0873a9e3a.jpg34037664720_96149ce5c1.jpg35031413202_e4b5fa12eb.jpg25689065107_e5440f5425.jpg38318000401_4db17ec656.jpg40279478691_1a9fca644e.jpg43558941024_681a6c9302.jpg

 

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series M, the Minifigures Collection continues to grow. Each minifigure comes in a sealed ‘mystery’ bag with one or more accessories, display plate and collector’s booklet. Inspired by movies, history and just everyday life, this collection includes Art Restorer, Mrs. Santa, Carnival Barker, Executioner, Blue Boy, Rugby Player, Fairytale Cat, White Chess Rook, Amusement Park Mascot, Pizza Man, Lady Justice, Spooky Doll, Slime Monster, Super Kid, 
Orc and Quinceañera.
 

1. Slime Monster

Part assortment (5 pieces): New molded head. Power blast piece (x2). Regular torso and legs.

 

 45444919371_0f5e419969_o.png

 

 

2. Orc

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hood with ears. Round small shield. Short chain piece  with bar s  at the ends introduced with the Series L Chaos Lord. Spiked ball from Series 15. Short legs. Regular head and torso.

 

45392836082_79e040bb30_o.png

 

 

3. Pizza Man

Part assortment (4 pieces): New pizza costume. Regular head, torso and legs.

 

45444919641_c912998f78_o.png

 

4. Mrs. Santa

Part assortment (6 pieces): New candy cane element. New mop hat with hair. 3x1 printed tile. Slope piece. Regular head and torso.

 

45444919921_7bca48600e_o.png

 

 

5. Rugby Player

Part assortment (5 pieces): Headgear introduced with the Cannonball Man from Series B. Football from the Series H Red Football Player. Regular head, torso and legs.

 

45444919431_f234c92a27_o.png

 

 

6. Executioner

Part assortment (5 pieces): New cowl. The Series D Grim Reaper's Scythe. Regular head, torso and legs.

 

45392839822_966c437297_o.png

 

 

7. Fairytale Cat

Part assortment (7 pieces): New cat head mold. New hat with pin. Foil sword piece. Sack introduced with the Series C Banker. Cat tail piece. Medium legs. Regular head and torso. Short cape.

 

 

45392839642_4452edeb78_b.jpg

 

 

8. Super Kid

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hair+mask piece. Handle piece. Paper Bag introduced with the Supermarket Clerk in Series L. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Short cape.

 

45444919151_73d31e1e91_o.png

 

 

9. Carnival Barker

Part assortment (6 pieces): Hat from the Series B Gondolier, Cane from the Series H Barbershop Singer, Megphone from the Series D Cheerleader Guy. Regular head, torso and legs. 

 

44720352774_815bf1abc7_o.png

 

 

10. Lady Justice

Part assortment (6 pieces): New scales element. Sword piece. Padme Amidala's bun hairpiece. Slope piece. Regular head and torso. 

 

45392837232_dfa1f8b32b_b.jpg

 

 

11. White Chess Rook

Part assortment (5 pieces): New chess rook suit. Round small shield. Regular head, torso and legs.

 

45444918841_1d400b6fc0_o.png

 

Extra pic! Chess pieces so far

Spoiler

45444918761_a63c787d4b_c.jpg

 

12. Art Restorer

Part assortment (7 pieces): Hairpiece introduced with the Series D Lawyer. Brush piece. Magnifying glass piece. 2x3 printed tile.  Regular head, torso and legs.

 

44720353824_11dbfab857_o.png

 

13. Spooky Doll

Part assortment (6 pieces): Baby head and body. Yarn-like introduced with the Series I Doll. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Porridge Eater's short skirt.

 

45392835412_7b6cbedbc9_o.png

 

14. Quinceañera

Part assortment (6 pieces): New hair element. 4-flowers piece. The stem piece in white. 2x1 printed tile. The S15 Queen dress piece. Regular head and torso. Short skirt.

 

45444919521_30e3376bb8_o.png

 

 

15. Amusement Park Mascot

Part assortment (5 pieces): New huge minifigure head mask. Balloon piece from Series 18. Regular head, torso and legs.

 

 

44720354294_963de3d1ae_b.jpg

 

Extra pic! Taking a break!

Spoiler

44720353994_20f7b195e3_b.jpg

 

16. Blue Boy

Part assortment (7 pieces): New lamb piece. New horn piece. Hunter hat. Plume piece. Short legs. Regular head and torso. Short cape.

 

44720353004_c4b76a703f_o.png

 

Group pic!
This series color is dark purple

45392839472_24151c8ae0_o.png

 

Series M would introduce 15 new pieces: Minifigure head mask, executioner cowl, mop hat, candy cane, hood with ears, Slime Monster's head, scales, pizza suit, hair with superhero mask, chess rook suit, cat head mold, hat with feathers with pin, side ponytail hair, lamb and horn

 

45444919811_27a696d92b_c.jpg

 

Bag:

44720353624_fc1a028c9f_z.jpg

Leaflet:

 

45444920211_56ebc149cc_b.jpg

Box Distribution (60 minifigures):

 

45392840182_dbf81a3439_c.jpg

 

What do you think of the characters from Series M? Please do share your thoughts

 

45392834902_8fa52f17d6_c.jpg

 

See you next February for more ideas for CMFs! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:laugh:

 

 

SERIES L                                                                                                                                                               SERIES N

44120751205_7727b5198d_n.jpg                                                                                            44335796380_0a2be06254_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Actor Builder said:

wow!

Haha I was posting the new series :laugh:

It should be up now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robert8 said:

Haha I was posting the new series :laugh:

It should be up now 

oh WOW! 

I love the mascot guy. he made me laugh. great series rob!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff!

I love the Slime Monster, Orc, Lady Justice, and Blue Boy!

The Pizza Man, Executioner, Fairytale Cat, Art Restorer, and Qunceañera all have pieces I'd be interested in.  I also like the Rook's shield.

Thanks for posting!  Great job again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Actor Builder said:

oh WOW! 

I love the mascot guy. he made me laugh. great series rob!

 

6 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

AW MAH GAAAAWD!!!!!!! Dibs on Executioner, the Art Restorer, and Canival Barker!

 

1 minute ago, x105Black said:

Great stuff!

I love the Slime Monster, Orc, Lady Justice, and Blue Boy!

The Pizza Man, Executioner, Fairytale Cat, Art Restorer, and Qunceañera all have pieces I'd be interested in.  I also like the Rook's shield.

Thanks for posting!  Great job again!

Thank you so much :classic:

Edited by Robert8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang, another brilliant series once again @Robert8! So many innovative archetypes that I would've never thought of for a Collectable Minifigure Series! :thumbup: :oh3:

Well, my two standout favorites for this series have to be the Art Restorer and the Quinceañera! I'm in love with the latter's hairpiece in particular! :thumbup: :wub: Special mention should also go to the Super Kid and the Fairy Tale Cat, the former being a most novel take on the much needed generic Superhero archetype within the CMS theme. Also, that Executioner and Amusement Park Mascot, rather unsettling if you ask me... :distressed: :laugh:

Looking forward to Series N!!! :grin:

On 12/2/2018 at 7:43 PM, Robert8 said:

Chauffeur is already made. You'll see him at some point   :laugh: :thumbup:

Sweet! :thumbup: :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert8 does it again! I think the Rugby Player and Art Restorer are the only ones that didn't immediately make me go "Ooooooooh!", and even the Art Restorer has that sweet painting piece. Mrs. Claus looks perfect (the "official" one that came with the Santa's Workshop set has a great skirt piece, but her face and torso are pre-existing prints and they don't quite fit the archetype) and I love the Pizza Guy's mismatched sleeves representing the Italian flag!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hOLY HECK I love these! The Slime Monster, Orc, and Spooky Doll are among my favorites of your designs, and the Pizza Guy, Super Kid, and Mrs. Santa are delightful as well! I'll get to the bios on them soon as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These looks real good! They do really make me get enthusiastic about the CMF series. The highlight and favs are the Slime Monster, The Rook, Spooky Doll, Fairytale Cat, the Mascot and Lady Justice. They're amazing! More than those mentioned above really do intrigue me in some way, however not so much for the Art Restorer and the Carnival Baker though. Just my two cents.

I also wanted to add (since I did not have the chance to say it then) that I do quite dig Series L too. They're really great figures too! That Calaca is really an awesome highlight for me. 

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 7:47 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

 

Looking forward to Series N!!! :grin:

 

Thanks. I've got the feeling you will LOVE Series N :wink:

On 12/5/2018 at 8:24 AM, Karalora said:

Robert8 does it again! I think the Rugby Player and Art Restorer are the only ones that didn't immediately make me go "Ooooooooh!", and even the Art Restorer has that sweet painting piece. Mrs. Claus looks perfect (the "official" one that came with the Santa's Workshop set has a great skirt piece, but her face and torso are pre-existing prints and they don't quite fit the archetype) and I love the Pizza Guy's mismatched sleeves representing the Italian flag!

Thanks. Everytime a post a holiday minifigure like Mrs. Santa I wonder what you'll say about it :grin:

Also, there will be more paintings in the future 

On 12/5/2018 at 3:20 PM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

hOLY HECK I love these! The Slime Monster, Orc, and Spooky Doll are among my favorites of your designs, and the Pizza Guy, Super Kid, and Mrs. Santa are delightful as well! I'll get to the bios on them soon as I can.

Thank you so much. I wonder what the bios will say this time

14 hours ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

These looks real good! They do really make me get enthusiastic about the CMF series. The highlight and favs are the Slime Monster, The Rook, Spooky Doll, Fairytale Cat, the Mascot and Lady Justice. They're amazing! More than those mentioned above really do intrigue me in some way, however not so much for the Art Restorer and the Carnival Baker though. Just my two cents.

I also wanted to add (since I did not have the chance to say it then) that I do quite dig Series L too. They're really great figures too! That Calaca is really an awesome highlight for me. 

Thank you

Glad you liked them

The Calaca was very interesting to make

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I've got the feeling you will LOVE Series N :wink:

Ooooooh... :oh: ...should we expect it by early/late January? :purrr:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great group this time around. Following up on your hint and my previous bio, here's the Spooky Doll.

Spooky Doll

"I want to possess your-- no, wait, why are you hugging me? Fear me, you fools!"

Inhabited by an evil entity ready to give you nightmares, the Spooky Doll is all ready to keep you up in terror. She's practically made for it, stitched and dirtied, and glum as can be, with her own little dolly's eye piercing into your soul. She'll move when you're not looking, destroy your property at night, and make you doubt your sanity, and when that's all done, she'll start coming after you, too! Maybe she'll even take you over in the end. It's the perfect racket for supernatural evil! 

But the real nightmare is her own. See, the thing is, people love her! Why? Why do the kids love to give her tea parties and take her on imaginary adventures? Why, every time she's damaged, does she get lovingly repaired with stitches that don't stick out? And how is she supposed to get out and cause chaos when a child is hugging her tight at night? Even if she scares the the parents and finds herself at the thrift store, she finds herself picked up by teens who consider her trendy! 

Perhaps it's time to hang up the towel and just enjoy being a doll. Those imaginary cookies are rather tasty, after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44720353004_c4b76a703f_o.png

Yes, this one please! I'm surprised they haven't made a lamb or sheep yet. Such a perfect animal to use in several themes. Way better than for example a skunk...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job again.  I love the orc, slime guy, executioner, blue boy, lady justice, fairytale cat, rook chess guy, and spooky doll.  So much detail on all of these especially the orc and the spooky doll.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are awesome! I've been looking at all the series up to this point and they all are very well thought out. I like how you have kept to TLG's established 'rules' in your own designs. Such as not introducing a brand new piece on every character.

And I admire the thought and detail that goes into each series. The fantasy themed ones are especially cool. Excellent work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 7:49 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ooooooh... :oh: ...should we expect it by early/late January? :purrr:

February

On 12/7/2018 at 11:29 AM, 8BrickMario said:

Great group this time around. Following up on your hint and my previous bio, here's the Spooky Doll

Thank you so much for that bio. I think it's hilarious how no one fears her hahaha.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:36 AM, Ecclesiastes said:

Yes, this one please!

Thanks. I'm surprised as well a lamb hasnt been introduced. 

The lamb will appear 2 more times in upcoming series :laugh:

17 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great job again.

Thank you so much

22 minutes ago, Beardless Dwarf said:

These are awesome! I've been looking at all the series up to this point and they all are very well thought out. I like how you have kept to TLG's established 'rules' in your own designs. Such as not introducing a brand new piece on every character.

And I admire the thought and detail that goes into each series. The fantasy themed ones are especially cool. Excellent work!

Fantasy minifigures are always fun to do. Thanks for your comments 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The lamb will appear 2 more times in upcoming series :laugh:

One may accompany a Lil' Bo Peep CMF, I presume? :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another really great series, Robert! Lady Justice, Slime Monster, Spooky Doll, Executioner and Little Boy Blue are all favorites, but the rest are amazing as well! Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, DarrellBricker said:

Another really great series, Robert! Lady Justice, Slime Monster, Spooky Doll, Executioner and Little Boy Blue are all favorites, but the rest are amazing as well! Thanks for sharing!

 

On 12/20/2018 at 11:20 AM, InvisibleTimmy said:

I love the Lady Justice and Orc figures!

Thanks :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing! Every new series from Lego I get the feeling there's not much more that has not been done, but I'm always proven wrong by you! Both the "Pizza Man" and the "Amusment Park Guy" are awesome and probably the best. I'm still stoked Lego hasn't produced the hat from the Gondolier, here awesomely reused. I love Lady Justice too. Quinceañera's hair and your verison of David's Napoleon are pieces I absolutely adore. Beyond particular cases, I absolutely love your continuous pursue of originality but of fesibility too. Your work is spectacular! :sweet: I designed a custom Bowie figure for my latest modular and boy I've learnt to appreciate work like yours better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.