Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Thank your everyone :classic:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That's what Santa is called in Norway, and your fig looks like a nisse as well :tongue: Where are you from?
Hopefully we will see the return of the lovely goat mould soon in a official Lego set :shrug_oh_well:

I'm trying to include different santas from around the world :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Nice!

No. Nisse. Easy mistake to make. :wink:

I LOVE HIM! I try to get up to Solvang, CA a couple times a year, and the whole town is decorated with nisser around Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Solvang, CA a couple times a year, and the whole town is decorated with nisser around Christmas

There is no real equivalent to a Nisse in English or American folklore. The nearest is the Irish Leprechaun. A nisse likes to mock and tease, and at Christmas you set out rice pudding to the farms local Nisse, to prevent him from turning the milk from the cows sour. But unlike the Leprechaun, a Nisse dont have anything particulary with gold to do.

Just now, ArneNielsen said:

There is no real equivalent to a Nisse in English or American folklore.

I see it translated "gnome" sometimes. But the ones in Solvang are most definitely Nisser--it's a Danish-American town that really plays up its Danish heritage.

I sure am learning a lot about worldwide Christmas celebrations through this series :laugh:

great minifig as usual. I would to get it for the goat, and I’m glad theres been some animals in this series. 

21. Tin Soldier

Part assortment (8 pieces):  New half-right leg. Shako hat. Epaulettes. Musket. 2x1 black plate. Extra head. Regular head and torso.  

49098553283_739e6f7f07_o.png

If this minifigure were actually to be made would you make the 1x2 plate tighter than usual, as to help him stay up? 

On 12/19/2019 at 3:11 PM, Robert8 said:

Yes to the Nutcracker :classic:

But next year :sceptic:

That's a shame. But I understand! Maybe next year we'll get a "Holiday Thief" type character too--you've proven you're not averse to figures from holiday literature.

All the same, keep up the good work! I can't wait to see the rest of this year's calendar

3 hours ago, ToaIruini said:

If this minifigure were actually to be made would you make the 1x2 plate tighter than usual, as to help him stay up? 

Well, now that the CMF are not being made in China anymore, I'd hope there would be no issue with him standing in only one leg

22. Present Suit Guy

Part assortment (8 pieces):  Santa hat. Brick torso introduced in Series 18. 2x3 printed tile. Present (2x2 plate + 2x2 tile). Regular head and legs.  

49098552168_7e5192965f_o.png

Where would the CMF line be without characters dressed up as inanimate objects that no one ever dresses up as in real life?

5 hours ago, Karalora said:

Where would the CMF line be without characters dressed up as inanimate objects that no one ever dresses up as in real life?

Actually I got the idea from christmas parades

Related imageRelated imageImage result for christmas gift box costume

10 hours ago, Karalora said:

Either we would've had many more of our CMF wishes fulfilled at this point...

...or...

...we just couldn't have been able to reach twenty Series without them. :def_shrug:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Either we would've had many more of our CMF wishes fulfilled at this point...

...or...

...we just couldn't have been able to reach twenty Series without them. :def_shrug:

@Robert8’s series have proven that it certainly would have been possible, but it’s the question of what lego decides to do as what they consider to be the best. I bet forty series could made off of unique ideas, but if lego needs to have a couple costumes to keep it running I’ll accept it. 

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Actually I got the idea from christmas parade

Parades don't count; they induce temporary insanity.

23. Opening-Presents Girl

Part assortment (10 pieces):  Sweet Mayhem's hairpiece recolored. Gift box introduced in Series 18. Snowball (2x2 dome + 2x2 round plate with rounded bottom + Santa microfigure). Short legs. Regular head and torso. Cloth skirt.

49099258197_ee79acf5ea_b.jpg

Great choice in recoloring Mayhem's hairpiece for this one! :thumbup: Actually, it's very much a "bedhead" kinda hairpiece the more I think about it, so it really worked quite fittingly for this design! Plus, it has a bit of a Dr. Seuss vibe about, making her somewhat evocative of The Grinch's Cindy Lou Who... :classic:

Thank you for all the feeback :thumbup:

Tomorrow the calendar will be over and Im glad to see people did like it :classic: