Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

13. Sinterklaas

Part assortment (6 pieces): New mitre+hair piece combo piece. Scepter introduced with the Series F Egyptian Empress. Slope piece. Regular head and torso. The S5 Graduate's cloth robes.

49098551813_b78003a56d_o.png

What, no Saint Lucia for Lucia Day?

j/k, he looks really good! Makes me wish TLG weren't so gun-shy about depictions of religion.

49 minutes ago, Karalora said:

What, no Saint Lucia for Lucia Day?

j/k, he looks really good! Makes me wish TLG weren't so gun-shy about depictions of religion.

I second that, just to see minfigures that can fit a cleric/druid archetype 

14. Little Helper

Part assortment (7 pieces): New renaissance hat+hair combo piece. Teddy bear recolored. Series 8 Santa's sack. Ruff collar. Medium legs. Regular head and torso.

49098554583_f812224966_o.png

This one may be my favourite so far. His costume is wonderful, and the she-teddy is so cute!

2 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

Hey everyone, It's Non-Race-Specific Peter!

I feel like I should know who this archetype's representing, yet I'm drawing a blank... :shrug_confused:

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But TLG themselves had a Sinterklaas in their website, so maybe....

Interesting... :oh: ...when was that? 

Excellent hat and hair combo, and a cool recolor for that bag!

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I feel like I should know who this archetype's representing, yet I'm drawing a blank... :shrug_confused:

The Little Helper is based on Zwarte Piet, who is Sinterklaas' helper and companion. Similar to Father Frost and the Snow Maiden

Image result for sinterklaas and zwarte piet illustrationImage result for sinterklaas and zwarte piet illustrationImage result for sinterklaas and zwarte piet

8 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Do I see a Shakespeare themed series in the future?

:look: Hmm? How So?

Huh, I kinda thought he looked like Bernard from "The Santa Clause" movies with Tim Allen LOL ... glad to know about this new holiday archetype. This thread is fun AND informational, too!

2 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Huh, I kinda thought he looked like Bernard from "The Santa Clause" movies with Tim Allen LOL ... glad to know about this new holiday archetype. This thread is fun AND informational, too!

Well, I wouldn't call it "old". Sinterklaas, Piet and Krampus are quite old :wink:

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Little Helper is based on Zwarte Piet, who is Sinterklaas' helper and companion. Similar to Father Frost and the Snow Maiden

Ah, thanks! :thumbup: Seems like I've actually never heard of that folkloric figure before after all... :shrug_oh_well:

What a terrific costume on this one! I love Santa and helper/companion characters from different cultures! (I was just in a shop today ogling the Jim Shore international Santa figurines.)

15. Krampus

Part assortment (7 pieces): New hairpiece with horns. Recolor of the Series C Banker's sack. Series A Giraffe Suit Guy's tail. Gold nugget recolored as coal. S15 faun legs. Regular head and torso.

49099259132_410a5748c4_o.png

Edited by Robert8

I love these cultural references, like Little Helper, who I never heard of.

Krampus on the other hand is familiar to me, albeit he is a nasty devil-like kid here, who helps Santa delivering "presents" to naughty children.

This guy's hairpiece/headgear very much reminds me of The Beast as seen in Disney's 2017 remake of Beauty and the Beast... :shrug_oh_well:

Spoiler

beauty-and-beast-2017-32.jpg

Come to think of it, there's an idea for a CMF archetype right there: a Cursed Prince:wink:

It's MAH BOI! I kitbashed a Krampus of my own a few years back using parts from the Faun, Man-Bat, and I think the Minotaur. That's how much I love that character.