Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There should be no problem now. We'll continue with the regular schedule. Series P will be posted next week. 

Awesome... :smug:

Having now seen that Series 19 will finally be giving us an Adventurer (um, is it though?), I must confess, you executed your own design for such much better, though I still appreciate Lego's for what is is. :classic:

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Awesome... :smug:

Having now seen that Series 19 will finally be giving us an Adventurer (um, is it though?), I must confess, you executed your own design for such much better, though I still appreciate Lego's for what is is. :classic:

Well the final reveal of the Biker and Firefighter will force me to change some stuff on Series P and Series Q but yeah it will be posted next week. Yay! 

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well the final reveal of the Biker and Firefighter will force me to change some stuff on Series P and Series Q but yeah it will be posted next week. Yay! 

Speaking of such, was your own Cyclist design a Mountain Biker, a Professional Cyclist, a BMX Biker, or something else? 

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Speaking of such, was your own Cyclist design a Mountain Biker, a Professional Cyclist, a BMX Biker, or something else? 

A road Cyclist. But it was female so I'll change it to dude and that's it. Its different enough. 

Same with the Firefighter. 

I just saw series 19.... And I think it sucks. Yeah some of the new pieces are cool, a lot of them are too much and just not LEGO at this point. Then some of the designs when compared to Robert8's are just awful. The Spooky Knight form LEGO is trash. The Shower Guy, although similar to Robert8's, it's not as good. And then the Adventurer..... The only things I like about the adventurer are the fact that the bandanna is not brown and the chameleon. Otherwise, Roberto's is better. Roberto, could you plz show us via hidden content the figure you had to chop due to series 19? Thnx! And I can't wait for series P!

28 minutes ago, Drew15 said:

And then the Adventurer..... The only things I like about the adventurer are the fact that the bandanna is not brown and the chameleon. Otherwise, Roberto's is better.

Armed with a magnifying glass against a chameleon, yeah, I don't think Lego's gonna dub him either an Adventurer nor an Archaeologist. To be qualified for such, he should've had at least some sorta relic paired with either a map or excavation tool for some kind. Apart from his accessories, I like the figure for what it is alone; but again, he's not Indiana Jones, just a naturalist who shares Johnny Thunder's tastes in attire. :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Armed with a magnifying glass against a chameleon, yeah, I don't think Lego's gonna dub him either an Adventurer nor an Archaeologist. To be qualified for such, he should've had at least some sorta relic paired with either a map or excavation tool for some kind. Apart from his accessories, I like the figure for what it is alone; but again, he's not Indiana Jones, just a naturalist who shares Johnny Thunder's tastes in attire. :def_shrug:

Yeah, but Roberto's ideas r still better. Both in terms of names and design. Also, the "adventurer" figure could be a Jungle Herpetologist! 

4 hours ago, Drew15 said:

I just saw series 19.... And I think it sucks. Yeah some of the new pieces are cool, a lot of them are too much and just not LEGO at this point. Then some of the designs when compared to Robert8's are just awful. The Spooky Knight form LEGO is trash. The Shower Guy, although similar to Robert8's, it's not as good. And then the Adventurer..... The only things I like about the adventurer are the fact that the bandanna is not brown and the chameleon. Otherwise, Roberto's is better. Roberto, could you plz show us via hidden content the figure you had to chop due to series 19? Thnx! And I can't wait for series P!

Thanks for your enthusiasm.

I didn't chop any minifigure. Just some gender swaps and rearrangements 

About S19. Well the thing is... I feel it's not fair to make comparisons because I don't have like a budget to stick to, and the CMF team do. 

Also, I'm not restricted in any way in terms of what I give to each character, and the CMF team do. They have said some of the designs they propose are rejected by the engineers

Etc, etc, etc...

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

About S19. Well the thing is... I feel it's not fair to make comparisons because I don't have like a budget to stick to, and the CMF team do. 

Also, I'm not restricted in any way in terms of what I give to each character, and the CMF team do. They have said some of the designs they propose are rejected by the engineers

Etc, etc, etc...

To be fair you replicate budget quite well, in that you only introduce a limited number of new pieces each series, and make effort to reuse pieces from old series. I’ll agree with you it’s not the same but your minifigures are still decently realistic, which is why many people myself like them so much. You could just stock them to the brim with historic figures that come with new animal pieces (no shots to the people who do enjoy that) 

Edited by ToaIruini
not the same

Great teaser for building anticipation, but I wonder if the "rabbit-hole girl" isn't too similar to her Disney counterpart, making her more suited for a licensed Disney series.

3 hours ago, Ardelon said:

Great teaser for building anticipation, but I wonder if the "rabbit-hole girl" isn't too similar to her Disney counterpart, making her more suited for a licensed Disney series.

Hmm I see... :sceptic:

Disney's version is more adult. I tried to make the "Rabbit Follower" based on the original book illustrations and with more details than the Disney one

I really hope that the fact that the charactee appeared in a Disney series wont prevent it to appear in a regular one. Because then that means we will never get CMF Hades now!

3 hours ago, CMFanatic said:

Maybe LEGO should hire Robert8 for ideas - that way, we'd have a great variety - like in Series 10 and 11! Way to go, man! P.S. When's Series p coming out? Can I make some suggestions to you?

Thanks but Im a scientist. A chemist specifically. Im not a professional graphic designer :classic:

I'll post it next week on August 1st. And yes you can make suggestions on this thread of course. :thumbup:

Edited by Robert8

Why haven’t I thought of a Beethoven minifigure before?!?! I study classical music. Also, in any future series of yours Robert8, what are the chances we get a new musical instrument? 

56 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

Why haven’t I thought of a Beethoven minifigure before?!?! I study classical music. Also, in any future series of yours Robert8, what are the chances we get a new musical instrument? 

In the near future, I think only a banjo

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

cue Beethoven's 5th symphony :thumbup: :smug:

NO!!

Beethoven’s 6th symphony is better, smh!

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks but Im a scientist. A chemist specifically. Im not a professional graphic designer :classic:

I'll post it next week on August 1st. And yes you can make suggestions on this thread of course. :thumbup:

My manager used to be a chemist but he now partially works in the media industry! :wink:

6 hours ago, OhioBricker said:

Would love to see some marching band Minifigs, preferably in red (or scarlet...)

I agree with you there, having band experience (although I’d prefer blue and gold :poke:

23 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

I agree with you there, having band experience (although I’d prefer blue and gold :poke:

There are a few of my fellow NHS Panthers that would be happy to have that.

I see Beethoven, I sing:

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium!
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische dein Heiligtum!
Deine zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein saftner Flügel weilt!

For those who don't know, It's the Ode to Joy lyrics, from Beethoven's 9th Symphony. ;)

Thanks to everyone for your comments 

I hope Series P wont disappoint :classic: