26408588714_baa4e493cf_z.jpg

The Henri had dropped anchor in Pontelli some time before - plenty of time for Alberto da Pontelli, at least to have some rather noticeable experiments which quite justified de Chauncourtois' opinion to most of the crew - when Myles and Dirk (the second mate) discovered that a printer had set up shop in the town, and went in to take a look.

27014069665_f7a54ce73c_z.jpg

They found that enterprising worthy working away furiously at his press - so much so, in fact, that his two apprentices found it rather difficult to keep up with him - and muttering a heap of things about fountains and journals and gold and fortune, about fortune and gold and journals and fountains - and so on.

27013950685_45dafc88d9_z.jpg

Dirk winked at the first mate with a grin and laughed, and Myles went down to see what was up with the eccentric printer.

26408513914_5eb912bbb5_z.jpg

27014026485_9cde4a8de1_z.jpg

"My dear sir!" began the printer on seeing Myles in front of him, lifting up the sheet he had just removed from his press and trying to catch his breath, "Look at this! All of Nova Terra will soon be scrambling! Not to mention that it will be the making of my own fortune in selling all of these!"

27014005325_4eb1deef6e_z.jpg

"Ha ha!" he went on, handing a sheet to Myles, "I knew that Rhys Thompson would be the making of me!"

26740202850_b35c2c96c0_z.jpg

Myles glanced down at the paper. "The journal of Father Tholeau, and the Quest for the Fountain of Youth" ...

A few more shots:

26980637486_8b842fb3ae_z.jpg

26740256810_839a2fb4e4_z.jpg

26919883312_93a89c6a00_z.jpg

The last part of the collab, but not of the storyline! Stay tuned for more soon!

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

Love the use of that floor technique here! The stonework and the printing press are great as well. Not completely sure about the gold balcony (kind of odd for a printer's shop!) but the paper hanging up is great! :thumbup:

That hanging papers technique is clever thumbup.gif Nice stone wall texture, and floor design too. This story just keeps getting more interesting pirate_satisfied.gif

Excellent build, Garmadon thumbup.gif The floor technique works wonderfully here, and that printing press is great.

Very nice wall texture too default_classic.gif

Very Nice floor-technique, and I like the hanging papers, but I absolutely love the printing-press :wub:

Nice conclusion to the story, Garmadon! It has been interesting to follow - and now I feel like I smell a challenge coming up... pirate_wink.gif

Great looking floor, walls, and printing press, and I also like the printjobs hanging out to dry. I agree the balcony looks a bit strange, and the absence of windows and the ruff walls sort of suggests they are working in a pit somewhere outside! pirate_tong.gif

Brick on!

Thanks all!

Love the use of that floor technique here! The stonework and the printing press are great as well. Not completely sure about the gold balcony (kind of odd for a printer's shop!) but the paper hanging up is great! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! The borders on that floor technique are always a pain, but I was pretty happy with how it ended up here! pirate_satisfied.gif About the gold, this is Eslandola, you know! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice scene! i liked especially the printer, the hanging papers and the floor technic! :thumbup:

The hanging papers, while I had had the idea in mind for a while, was just about the last thing I put in, and I really think it added a lot! Thanks Mpyromaxos! pirate_satisfied.gif

That hanging papers technique is clever thumbup.gif Nice stone wall texture, and floor design too. This story just keeps getting more interesting pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks SK! I've enjoyed building for this storyline a lot! pirate_wink.gif

Very good - and the photography is also fine (the golden pieces come out extremely well)

pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks Captain B! I was quite surprised that the pictures turned out this well given the fact that the rain forced me to bite the bullet and take pics inside to get it up in time, which I really dislike doing. However, placing a mirror on the side the light was not coming from seemed to help very much, and they turned out about as good as usual!

Very Nice floor-technique, and I like the hanging papers, but I absolutely love the printing-press :wub:

Thanks Titus! That was the first thing I built, so the rest is just there to house it! pirate_laugh_new.gif Just kidding... pirate_laugh2.gif

Nice conclusion to the story, Garmadon! It has been interesting to follow - and now I feel like I smell a challenge coming up... pirate_wink.gif

Great looking floor, walls, and printing press, and I also like the printjobs hanging out to dry. I agree the balcony looks a bit strange, and the absence of windows and the ruff walls sort of suggests they are working in a pit somewhere outside! pirate_tong.gif

Brick on!

Ha, ha! pir_laugh2.gif

pirate_wink.gif

Thanks Bregir, though that idea about the pit was definitely not what I was going for! pirate_tong.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif Now that you've mentioned it it's hard to get out of my head though! pirate_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif Thanks again!

Why didn't I comment on this one in May when I first saw it? Great work, definitely deserves some more credit.

The whole MOC is well-designed, but that machine looks fabulous.

I remember seeing this originally, and am surprised to discover that I had not commented on it. An excellent build! I love the freshly printed sheets hanging up to dry, and the angled tile floor is a technique I need to try. And I still plan on stealing the design for that printing press!

13 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Why didn't I comment on this one in May when I first saw it? Great work, definitely deserves some more credit.

The whole MOC is well-designed, but that machine looks fabulous.

Thanks Elostirion!  The machine was definitely the center-piece of the build, glad you like it! :pir-sweet:

7 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I remember seeing this originally, and am surprised to discover that I had not commented on it. An excellent build! I love the freshly printed sheets hanging up to dry, and the angled tile floor is a technique I need to try. And I still plan on stealing the design for that printing press!

:pir-laugh: Go right ahead!  The only pity about that floor technique is that (unless it's in an all-LEGO scene) it requires a humongous border to cover the edges! :grin:  Thanks Capt Wolf!