Typo in the title, should be Summer, if a mod wants to fix it :blush:

This was made to serve as the announcement poster for the Summer Joust contest. I took a lot of inspiration from Mark and Steven‘s Grand Joust of Giscellicburg.

I tried to achieve a festive atmosphere with lots of bright colors, and large crowds of spectators which was quite a lot of fun.

Overview-2.jpg

Low.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Squire.jpg

Left-seats.jpg

Right-setas.jpg

More pictures can be found on brickbuilt.

C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I like your rounded wall surrounding the combat zone.

Moreover, I also like the animation of your creation

Good point!

Thanks! The rounded wall was the starting point of the build :classic:

Wonderful build, Isaac! :wub: The wall texture and colors are excellent, and I love that low rounded wall :thumbup:

Really nice roof on the pavilion as well :classic:

Nice build! I like the rounded wall the bricks with axle hole are especially effective as decoration. I also think the worn grass effect is well done.

Wow! So much going on here for a relatively compact build! The overall scene is great, I like the mix of classic minifigs with stuff from the CMF line and mashups, and the tiles for texture on the wall (especially where the joints are in the curved wall) are nice. :sweet:

Wonderful build, Isaac! :wub: The wall texture and colors are excellent, and I love that low rounded wall :thumbup:

Really nice roof on the pavilion as well :classic:

Thanks John!

Nice build! I like the rounded wall the bricks with axle hole are especially effective as decoration. I also think the worn grass effect is well done.

Thank you, I was very pleased with how the trodden grass looked :classic:

Wow! So much going on here for a relatively compact build! The overall scene is great, I like the mix of classic minifigs with stuff from the CMF line and mashups, and the tiles for texture on the wall (especially where the joints are in the curved wall) are nice. :sweet:

Thanks! Glad to hear you like the fig combos, they were a large part of making the scene :classic:

Great joust scene! :sweet:

The castle walls with the turret and the curved wall was fantastic!

Thanks Mpyromaxos!

Omg yes! Very nice build. The positioning and the expresions are great. Next to the teriffic architecture ofc.

Thanks, good to hear that you enjoyed it :sweet:

There is a lot of excellent building techniques in this MOC - very well done!

Thanks Captain B :classic:

I really like the curved wall and the texturing you have put on the grass...

Thanks kingregus! The curved wall was the first thing I knew I wanted to include :classic:

Nice! Now to find which audience member is an assassin...

Thanks! And who knows, it could be any one of them :devil:

Very well done. I also have been wanting to build a joust MOC and I have also really liked/looked at Mark and Steven's build.

Your build has a lot of character. Naturally the curved wall jumps out. I like the tiling within the arches. That seems very appealing to me. I like the platform the noblemen get to watch from. The roofing idea is very clever. The crowd is very lively also, which adds to the whole MOC.

For some reason, I want to be weird and make my MOC with only classic yellow smiley faces. But I can appreciate how much facial expressions add to the MOC.

Keep up the good work!

Very well done. I also have been wanting to build a joust MOC and I have also really liked/looked at Mark and Steven's build.

Your build has a lot of character. Naturally the curved wall jumps out. I like the tiling within the arches. That seems very appealing to me. I like the platform the noblemen get to watch from. The roofing idea is very clever. The crowd is very lively also, which adds to the whole MOC.

For some reason, I want to be weird and make my MOC with only classic yellow smiley faces. But I can appreciate how much facial expressions add to the MOC.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I always appreciate your detailed comments. A joust scene with all yellow smiley's would be pretty fun :thumbup:

A charming build! I really like the curved wall and stands. Well done! :thumbup:

Thanks Graham!

The crowd is great and natural looking. They dont look so stilted or linear like they so easily can sometimes. I think the way youve situated all your figs in this give it so much character. Kudos!

Awesome stuff! I love the texture of the whole piece, really brings it all together! From the bumps of the brick on the rounded lower wall, to the mounds in the lower dirt, you gave this MOC an excellent "lived in" vibe. Very well done!

The crowd is great and natural looking. They dont look so stilted or linear like they so easily can sometimes. I think the way youve situated all your figs in this give it so much character. Kudos!

Thanks! The crowd played a large part in this build, so I tried to make it look life like :classic:

Awesome stuff! I love the texture of the whole piece, really brings it all together! From the bumps of the brick on the rounded lower wall, to the mounds in the lower dirt, you gave this MOC an excellent "lived in" vibe. Very well done!

Thank you :sweet: