Itaria No Shintaku

CMF Series 17 Guessing Game

I suggested this in another thread, but I wonder with the ideas for new characters getting so fringey, if the way the CMF line is gonna go is a wave per year corresponding to the year (i.e. Wave 17 in 2017, wave 18 in 2018,) with the rest of the waves being specific to franchises like Simpsons, Disney, Lego Batman movie, Ninjago movie, Scooby Doo wave, Dr Who wave, etc?

Oh, and since this is aguessing thread, I'm gonna guess the next wave will have a hobo, a "robber", a butler, a lobster suit guy, a trash man, a roller derby girl and a hipster.

And a guy with a removable "disguise" like in the games. A nose and glasses thing.

I suggested this in another thread, but I wonder with the ideas for new characters getting so fringey, if the way the CMF line is gonna go is a wave per year corresponding to the year (i.e. Wave 17 in 2017, wave 18 in 2018,) with the rest of the waves being specific to franchises like Simpsons, Disney, Lego Batman movie, Ninjago movie, Scooby Doo wave, Dr Who wave, etc?

That would be pretty awesome, I hope TLG do that!

Oh, and since this is aguessing thread, I'm gonna guess the next wave will have a hobo, a "robber", a butler, a lobster suit guy, a trash man, a roller derby girl and a hipster.

We already had the roller derby girl in series 10 I think.

And a guy with a removable "disguise" like in the games. A nose and glasses thing.

That would also be very awesome!

I think the lobster suit guy is a good call, given the cheeky lobster cameo in the Lego Batman movie trailer, and, more importantly the very useful claw 'hands' used in POTC and the monster CMFs ...

We already had the roller derby girl in series 10 I think.

Series 9, but knowing LEGO, we'll probably get..

a green one. Or something.

Series 9, but knowing LEGO, we'll probably get..

a green one. Or something.

I hope we don't get a second roller derby minifigure

I think the lobster suit guy is a good call, given the cheeky lobster cameo in the Lego Batman movie trailer, and, more importantly the very useful claw 'hands' used in POTC and the monster CMFs ...

But knowing lego they might just put one claw on the torso and the other a minifigure hand, which would be a shame

Edited by J4ck

For the Lobster Suit Guy, I envision him using the claws from the Crab Warrior figure in the Atlantis sets. I think those just fit in a regular minifigure hand, and they're larger and more imposing than the claw that came with the Fly Monster. Then all he would need is a new headpiece, and probably a new tail piece too...

For the Lobster Suit Guy, I envision him using the claws from the Crab Warrior figure in the Atlantis sets. I think those just fit in a regular minifigure hand, and they're larger and more imposing than the claw that came with the Fly Monster. Then all he would need is a new headpiece, and probably a new tail piece too...

I have forgotten about the crab in Atlantis with his new claws :laugh:

How about one of each for a Fiddler Crab Suit Guy?

Lobster have two different type of claws. One is smaller than the other, so I think you could use both the fly claw and the Atlantis claw.

Lobster have two different type of claws. One is smaller than the other, so I think you could use both the fly claw and the Atlantis claw.

Hmm... The lobsters I've seen have claws that are the same size. There are crustaceans that have two different-sized claws, as x105Black pointed out with the Fiddler Crab, but I don't ever recall seeing that on a lobster.

Looking past that, I'd be more keen on having the Lobster Suit Guy with same-sized claws, even if the existing crab claws don't totally match a lobster claw. He would already have to come with a lot of new parts, so using existing claws seems necessary. The claw that came with the Fly just seems a bit too small in the context of a lobster IMO.

I do like that Fiddler Crab idea, though it seems we would have to get other animal suits before that ever happens...

What about a sign spinner? Like the guys in the street corner that twirl around those flimsy arrows that say "Massive Clearance Sale!!!" could even be for the Lego Store in the City Square set.

I'm thinking tree suit guy

That would be good for Nexo Knights tree monsters!

Here are some minifigs that i hope will happen:

Dragon guy

Octopus guy

Space pirate

Robot knight

Space firefighter

Fire alien

Tree girl

Alien bounty hunter

Edited by LegoRomania

Dragon guy

Octopus guy

Space pirate

Robot knight

Space firefighter

Fire alien

Tree girl

Alien bounty hunter

I don't think we've ever had tree monsters or "Ents" (is the proper term) before in lego, it would be cool to have the all elements in lego baddies: Fire, Water, Earth (Trees) and Air/Ice. Well stuff like that anyway

Edited by J4ck

1. Fireman

2. Chef/cook

3. Pilot/aviator

4. Marie Antoinette

5. Cow costume person

6. Evil elf/dark elf

7. Troll

8. Aztec

9. Uncle Sam

10. Highwayman (Dick Turpin style)

11. Heracles style Greek hero

12. Entomologist

13. Basketball player

14. Space alien (insectoid)

15. Lion costume person

16. Egyptologist

Edited by AmperZand

Series 1 Robot/Series 8 Evil Robot, Series 6 Clockwork Robot/Series 11 Female Clockwork Robot and Series 9 Battle Mech/Series 15 Laser Mech qualify, I'd say. Series 2 Maraca Man/The LEGO Movie Taco Tuesday Guy are also very similar.

I kinda had luck in series 16 guessing game, so I'll try this one too. I hope lists from older guessing games are allowed.

Here is my list:

1) Alchemist

2) Groom (S7 Bride is waiting for him for longer than 3 years :tongue: )

3) Space Scientist

4) Harpy

5) University Professor

6) Cook/Chef (I'm surprised how they didn't make a cook/chef minifigure yet)

7) Prince (we have Classic King, Fairytale Pricess and Queen, so I guess a prince is next in the line)

8) Drummer (one that can go along with Rockstar, Punk Rocker and Rocker Girl - possibly a drummer girl)

9) Shepherd (with a sheep, similar to S15 Farmer with his pig)

10) Navigator (with a Pirates style compass and a map)

11) Apprentice Wizard (young apprentice of S12 Wizard

12) Saloon Pianist

13) Tailor

14) (Polar)Bear Suit Guy

15) Goalkeeper

16) Prankster (child minifigure with a slingshot, possibly with a dual face print - one side is a smiling face and the other side is laughing)

Edited by Sorrelon

Series 1 Robot/Series 8 Evil Robot, Series 6 Clockwork Robot/Series 11 Female Clockwork Robot and Series 9 Battle Mech/Series 15 Laser Mech qualify, I'd say. Series 2 Maraca Man/The LEGO Movie Taco Tuesday Guy are also very similar.

Ah ok. So we can guess things they've already done just with a variation on it.

Let me try:

1) Chef: This has to happen!

2) Elephant Suit: I like the lobster idea but this also works.

3) DJ: Updated version given the popularity of electronic and dance music. This is probably a long shot out of all my guesses but I really want to see an updated version to a modern DJ.

4) Bicyclist: I looked through all the CMF lines and this hasn't been done yet?! Seems so obvious. Though they did just come out with one in Fun in the Park but I'd like to see a CMF version with more bells and whistles.

5) Motorcyclist: Same as above. There was a mechanic but come on, a mechanic without his bike?! Shame.

6) Basketball Player: This makes sense. We have a football player so why not this? They've done basketball in the past so this isn't a hard idea.

7) Artist: Updated version. More modern like a graphic designer or something with a computer.

8) Firefighter: This makes sense. They've done it in City quite often so this isn't a hard idea.

9) Barber: They did a barber in 10246: Detectives Office so why not a CMF version? Something really stylized.

10) Crab or Lobster Fisherman: If they are going to do a lobster suit someone has to catch him. I'd also like to see other types of fisherman/women.

11) School Kid: Backpack and books.

12) Australian Outback Guy: Think something like Steve Irwin or Johnny Thunder(the closest I've seen them come to anything from Australia). He could be an explorer, or snake wrangler, or something. Lego has never done anything from there except the Sydney Opera House that I am aware of or could find.

13) Hawaiian Ukulele player: They have a Hula Dancer so why not a Ukulele player to go with her? Or have Mariachi Guy and Ukulele play alongside each other!

14) Photographer: I'd like to see a general photographer with a different camera then the standard one available(something similar to more expensive ones these days), tripod, and other things.

15) Demon: You have Spooky Boy, Spooky Girl, Series 14. Why not just a straight up Demon although more family friendly. Could be Ghostbuster-esque.

16) Raver or party girl or guy: A Minifigure who likes to go to raves or parties. Could dance to the DJ figs sick beats or Batman's!

Edited by Tech Artist

That's a horrible idea no matter how you look at it. Unless they are an in-house waves like The Lego Movie wave (or a possible Ninjago Movie wave), franchise-related waves restricts TLG to what a specific franchise offers and even which characters are more popular in the fanbase. If we go by the sales of first and second Simpsons waves, compared to numbered CMF waves, their sales aren't that bright either.

Dragon guy

Octopus guy

Space pirate

Robot knight

Space firefighter

Fire alien

Tree girl

Alien bounty hunter

I'd love to get an Alien Bounty Hunter minifigure in a CMF wave. As for Nexo Knights monsters, villains of the next NK wave will be water and forest monsters, so I doubt they'll take the focus off of them by releasing similar minifigures earlier in a CMF wave.

10) Crab or Lobster Fisherman: If they are going to do a lobster suit someone has to catch him. I'd also like to see other types of fisherman/women.

New molds for lobster/crab traps? Yes please!

I'll take a stab at this.

1. School teacher w/ book

2. Eskimo w/ husky

3. Violin player w/ violin

4. Cowgirl w/ lasso

5. Marine scientist w/ dolphin

6. Taco suit guy

7. MMA fighter

8. Alien pilot

9. Phantom w/ lantern

10. Teenaage boy w/ cell phone.

11. Firefighter