Itaria No Shintaku

CMF Series 17 Guessing Game

Hi guys!

Although it's quite early, people asked me to start my usual topic about guessing the entries for Series 17, which should come after Batman Movie's CMF in May 2017 as far as we know. Series 17, 2017. Nice numbers, huh?

So I've run so many times this game, and people liked it, so then here it is.

Please, it's a fun game but mind those simple rules so we enjoy it the most:

• Try to be specific. "A headless horseman is preferered to some kind of man"
  • You can copy. If someone else's idea is good, no problem, put his idea in your list.
  • Sex doesn't count. Policewoman entry is valid for a policeman

I'll assign 1 point for correct answer and 0,5 point for nearly-correct answer.

This is my list and at the present moment, this time I am sorry but I have absolutely no clues for what lies ahead, so I'll be a neat player as you all are.

1) A firefighter. Yeah, pretty common in LEGO but never appeared in CMF

2) A shepard. We ALL want a shepardh

3) A centaur. Ok, this is quite more a dream than a guess, but I want to believe

4) An invisible man. I call for this since ages, so eventually it has to come.

5) A Terra Cotta Warrior. See point 4

6) A Teacher. Somewhat

7) A Shaolin Monk, like in Burdon's design

8) A Chaos Fighter, like in Warhammer, reusing the new helmet from Nexo Knights Lava Monsters, in Flat Silver, or the like

9) A Basketball player. We really need one.

10) A gardener. With scissors and watering can

11) A beekeper

12) A crocodile suit guy

13) An orchestra director

14) A steward / flight assistant / hostess

15) A ghost

16) A space scientist / scifi scientist

So now your guesses

And have fun!

It's guessing time!

I always score 0 at this but what the heck... just for the fun :laugh:

1. Gymnast

2. Town Crier

3. Crossing Guard

4. Harpist

5. Galactic Traveler

6. Southern Businessman

7. Mime Girl

8. Troll

9. Lifesaver Guy

10. Puppeteer

11. Skydiver Girl

12. Architect

13. Giraffe Suit Guy

14. Organ Grinder

15. Piper

16. Robotics Engineer

:laugh:

Edited by Robert8

No guesses yet but Robert, those are AMAZING! I want templates for those!

Edited by CM4Sci

Robert8 .. That lifesaver guy made me spit coffee over my keyboard laughing :laugh::tongue:

Great job with those indeed :thumbup:

Guesses Updated 9/25/16

Witch Doctor
Cupid
Blacksmith
Ice Knight
Basketball Player
Outback Guy
Pilgrim
Two-headed Ogre
Gardener
Space Medic
Alien Commander

Video Game Girl
Baker
Pirate Woman
Cow Suit Lady
Fashion Designer

Edited by telaruhn

1. Female video gamer (Player 2)

2. Pilgrim

3. Referee

4. Basketball player

5. Dancer

6. Groom

7. Firefighter

8. Birthday boy

9. Mail man or woman

10. Space ranger

11. Cow suit girl

12. Pizza suit guy

13. Atv rider

14. Airplane pilot

15. Ogre

16. Prince

Alright, here it is :)

I'll try a few... Robert8, nice doodles. I like them. I might try to doodle mine out, if I find the time.

I. Pizza Suit Guy

II. A Clown

III. Clockmaker

IV. Giant (He's a normal castle-ish figure with two screaming Baby figures, representing normal scaled figures. Alternatively, I guess he could be called Scary Babysitter and be the exact same thing.

V. Reindeer Suit Person

VI. A happy Knight

VII. A vengeful Spaceman with a vendetta against Non-Spacemen

VIII. A terrifying Dentist.

IX. Cheese Photographer. She photographs all kinds of cheese for magazines.

X. A Nudist Pirate

XI. Classy Citizen. He has a big classy hat.

XII.

XIII. Invisible Man. He's just a single black base piece. No actual minifigure is included.

XIV.

XV.

XVI. Offbrand Guy (He'd be like a classic town figure, but the printing would be hilariously off and he could have a "defective" mold and whatnot.)

I'll fill these in as I think of them...

EDIT: Took out Gremlin, as they were suddenly revealed to be in Dimensions, as officially licensed Gremlins.

Edited by Actor Builder

Here are my guesses:

1. Centaur (some wishes do come true)

2. Terracotta Warrior (How many times have people guessed this)

3. Classic fairy tale Prince (would be fantastic! And with large round shoulder pads)

4. Cow costume guy or girl (with Udder please!)

5. Marie Antoinette ( With the queen's large dress piece and an awesome hairpiece)

5. A masquerade dancer holding a mask and wearing Captain Hook's oversize hat piece

6. A basketball player wearing singlet and with a printed basketball

7. A Shepard with a brand new sheep

8. Intergalactic Space Alien/Creature (There's always one in every series)

9. A cupid with short legs, wings, bow and arrow would be fun

10. A troll or an Ogre

11. A Matador (Maybe too controversial but would be great if they can make one, I can see this one having a really cool torso)

12. A ventriloquist with the baby piece as the puppet

13. A park ranger with a new animal like squirrel or hawk

14. A doctor with a stethoscope (They have done so many scientists, it's about time we get a proper doctor)

15. A teacher (even though this minifigure will be hard to distinguish unless they have some relevant accessory like a ruler or calculator or even Nexo Knight's new book)

16. An animal trainer with a dolphin or a seal. Or maybe a circus performer would be pretty cool too.

It is getting harder and harder to guess as so many have been made into an actual minifigure. No wonder they are limiting this to 1 series per year.

1. Fireman

The prints of the firemen in the actual series come very close to real firemen´s wear.

But I think it´s time for a new helmet, glow in the dark with a black neck protection, and without that bulge on its top.

A new respirator with an single-bottle air tank (ventile down) would be great.

The base color of the fireman could look better in dark blue instead of usual black, maybe with orange shoulder flaps and black boots.

2. Beekeeper

A Guy with a big hat with a net curtain and a bee hive.

Could look great next to Series 10 Bumblebee Girl.

3. Stereotyped idea of a sports fan

Wearing a colorful sport dress (although he would never move more then necessary).

The jacket of his sport dress is open, showing a white fine rip undershirt with blurs of mustard and the bulge of a beer belly.

A haircut similar to Series 15 Wrestling Champion, maybe a bottle of beer and a potato chip bag.

4. Emergency Doctor

White pants, orange jacket with silver stripes.

Wearing something emergency equipment, like a defibrillator or something like that.

5. Bathing Guy

A Guy wearing only a towel around his hips (similar to textile skirts used for other figures).

Using white (or partly transparent) clown´s hair to simulate the foam of washing hair.

Maybe using a brush, a piece of soap or a little rubberduck.

6. Invisible Guy

Wearing a big hat and a trenchcoat made of textile (similar to Series 9 Judge) and/or a textile cape.

Under that a completely transparent minifig.

Maybe a transparent head with bandage prints with big empty eye-holes.

7. Greek Philosopher

Clothed in a white toga, wearing sandals, a laurel wreath and a white full beard.

A scroll in his hands would be great.

8. German Policeman

Dark green trousers, a beige button-up shirt with short arms, and a dark green police cap.

Combined with the typical mustache of a german policeman (like Thomas Magnum).

These colors were used in germany from the 1970ies until the first years of the new century before they changed to a dark blue european style.

It looked awful, like dressed by a blind, but it would be a good supplement to the row of existing policeman minifigs.

9. Pregnant Woman

Since we´ve got oficially baby-minifigs, who never asked about how they were made?

A woman with a pregnant belly, maybe made as a seperate part like the tails of other figures (but used in the front, similar to Ursula´s belly of Disney Series).

10. Bikini Beach Girl

It´s time for a two-parted bathing suit, maybe also wearing a beach-skirt.

Could come with a beachball or a badminton racket.

11. Golf Player

Knickerbockers, checkered slipover, and that cap used for Series 2 Mime.

And of course a golf club.

12. Missing Castaway

Ripped clothes, unkempt hair and beard.

Talking with a coconut, which has painted a face on it.

Is always so happy, when we drive by with our ship.

13. Bottle Suit Guy

Similar to Series 13 Hot Dog Guy, but dressed like a green bottle of wine.

14. Adventure Hero

The hero of all heroes, dressed in green with lime pants, wearing a shield and the holy sword.

No, I wont tell names that could give you a link to some licenced video game hero. :wink:

15. Blacksmith

Muscular with a leather apron.

Comes with a big hammer and a gripper to hold a red glowing piece of metal.

A little bit like Fulliautomatix from the Asterix comics.

16. Female Chopper Driver

Torn jeans, leather vest, head cloth and wild hair, shiny sunglasses.

A little bit a female version of Series 10 Motorcycle Mechanic.

Edited by Mellow

My Guess/Wish List is as follows

1) Circus Strong Man - animal leotard, big dark moustache, barbell piece

2) Terracotta Warrior - this idea is so cool, it needs to be done

3) Ragdoll - red hair, painted face, blue patchwork dress

4) Godly Messenger - a tribute to Hermes - new helmet piece could eventually be used for a certain Golden Aged DC speedster

5) Teddy Bear Suit Guy

6) Opera Phantom - Cape, Suit, printed mask over half of his face

7) Courtesan - Marie Antoinette-like figure

8) Player 2 - Gamer Girl minifigure

9) Coffehouse Singer - Forest Maiden hair in blond or brown or funky color, acoustic guitar, jeans and t-shirt

10) Centaur - the heart wants what the heart wants.

11) Wood Sprite - A female tree spirit with the Banshee hair in brown with green vine highlights, light green skin, and a dress/clothes that look like they are made from tree bark

12) Classic Villain - dark suit, dark top hat, dark cape, swirly printed mustache, sinister expression on his face.

13) Tin Woodsman

14) Roman Lady - The Spartan needs a nice gal to come home to

15) Monster Bride - An homage to the Bride of Frankenstein

16) Evil Genie

1. Taxi Driver

2. Siam/Thai Riksha 'Driver'

3. Prince (Medival)

4. Swiss Traditional Guy/ Lady (with Alphorn)

5. Centaur *wish*

6. Cyber Clown

7. Electrician

8. Chees maker

9. Midwife (with Baby)

10. Red Alian

11. Entomologist (with Ant)

12. Roman Lady

13. Police Motorcyclist (with bike?)

14. Weddingplaner

15. Kroko Suit Girl

16. Chinese Artist (with stick and plate)

1) Victorian lady

2) Bear costume

3) Meter Maid

4) Shogun

5) Viking chieftan

6) Robot

7) Historic Soldier

8) Movie Director

9) Inventor (Leonardo da Vinci)

10) Alien

11) Chef

12) Basketball Player

13) Video Game Girl

14) Elf

15) Historical Nurse (Florence Nightingale)

16) Baseball Catcher

Some of the really cool suggestions I like so far are:

Historical nurse

Monster bride

Circus Strongman

Ragdoll

Missing castaway

Golf player

Pregnant woman (wouldn't this be hilarious)

Invisible man

Lifesaver guy

I can these as potential minifigures in the future.

Kept a lot from my last list.

1) Green Man/Forest Lord: Male figure in various shades of green. Headgear from the CMF Ocean King in dark green w/ dark brown "crown", possibly sand green base torso and legs with lots of leaf patterns all over, some kind of staff in dark brown (Pharaohs Quest/Loki staff?), and some kind of vine-like body-wear.

2) Ring Bearer: A small boy dressed up, nice hair(Superman?). Pillow mold that can hold two of the rings. They have already been used outside of LOTR/Hobbit.

3) Birthday Girl: Friends style hair with pin hole, one of the 2016 party hats in pearl silver, one of the existing cloth skirts, birthday cake slice (new mold), dual face happy and crying "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."

4) Lady Farmer: Cloth overdress, dual mold legs for boots, beehive hairdo from TLM CMF Velma Staplebot, and black chicken.

5) Terracotta Warrior: New armor piece, Sumo Wrestler hair, and the Elven Warrior sword (has been used out side of LOTR/Hobbit), all in dark orange

6) Heroic Shepherd: Headdress from Egyptian Warrior in medium dark flesh, with brown printing, new 'shepherd's bow' type sling, round shield

7) Anime Fan-girl: Zombie Cheerleader's hair in pink or purple, 'Sailor uniform' type dress, backpack, this part in pink.

8) Lumber-Jill: tree climbing gear - rope (from Mountain climber) in reddish brown, hard hat/hair blue with bright yellow hair, and shoe spikes (similar to the skates), two toned arms, printed like rolled up sleeves, hatchet.

9) Matador: brightly colored suit, a new cape-like flag mold in red and a hat like the butcher's in pearl gold with some printing.

10) Bear suit guy: exactly how it sounds.

11) Organ Grinder: little box with a rotating handle (brick built) and a new minifig scale capuchin monkey (the old version is way out of scale).

12) Postal Carrier (could be female): blue or dark blue hat with hair (black), a new cross body satchel capable of holding two 2x2 tiles, a 2x2 plate and a 2x2 tile in the same color with the tile printed like a package or maybe a Lego set.

13) Friendly Alien: short legs, dark blue with pale blue spots. a sort of flat horizontal head with attachment points for two of the new cattle horns in pale blue (as ears), maybe a 2x2 tile printed with a screen and "I come in peace."

14) Sandwich Suit Girl: Just like it sounds. "The sandwich saved me."

15) Exterminator: Using the sprayer piece from the bio-hazard guy, wine bottle in pearl grey with poison symbol printed on it, spider in medium azure.

16) Pulp Spaceman: sort of classic Flash Gordon type with a new clear cylinder dome helmet that can fit over the classic male hair and a ray gun in bright orange.

Edited by gedren_y

My guesses:

1: Steampunk scientist: Windup key, Bronze Ray gun with Pressure gauge, Abe Lincoln top hat with white beard and brown hat.

2: Silver Screen Star: Like Hollywood Starlet, but male, with BvS Superman hair, Snazzy Suit, and all in Monochrome.

3: Winter Huntsman: White hood and cape, new dagger mold, Quiver, some stuff in his bio that connects to the Ice Queen.

4: Highland Druid: Brown staff, and a new thing; use the new web holders from 2016 Spider-Man, attach a clear 3*3 inverted dish with green lines and runes printed on, to cast a spell.

5: Imposter Monster: Head mold like Brick Daddy, but with tentacles, fedora, and a new trenchcoat, made from cloth.

6: Superhero: No new pieces, just all red, white, and blue outfit, with blond Superman hair and a cape white on the inside, red on the outside.

7:Baker: Zombie Bride ponytail in dark brown, baguette, Pie with red or orange filling.

8: Dentist: Welding torch for a drill, brown Malfoy hair, big shiny smile!

9: Fire Genie: Red Genie tail, Nadakhan topknot and bright red Darth Maul horns (kinda like White Tiger).

10: Track Star: Gray Javelin, black round ball (shot put).

11: Blogger: Latte, Laptop, Dark blond hair with beanie molded on, Scarf (like the fourth doctor's in Dimensions)

12: Tall Clown: Typical clown, long Woodie arms and legs.

13: Violinist: Long ponytail, brown rod, new violin piece.

14: Greaser: Red daredevil hair, 2*2 tile printed to look like a comb.

15: Masquerade Dancer: Velma Staplebot hair in white, Queen's bustle (can't get enough of this piece)

16: Kayaker: Yellow helmet and life jacket, paddle.

I can make pictures if you're alright with pencil sketches.

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

When do you expect the first 'leaks', with names?

I beg pardon, I don't want to be rude, but this is not a thread for speculations about S17, just a guessing game. Please do not spoil the topic I would welcome only the guesses here. Thanks for understanding. :classic:

Okay so my short list had Gremlin on it. Gizmo is now confirmed for Dimensions. Does that count as a point? Half a point? Two points?

Keep meaning to play this game each time! My Guesses as follows...

Not sure I have enough of a mixture of themes and not enough 'action or monster' characters but this list would be ideal for me...

Air Steward(ess) - probably a lady in a 60s airline uniform

Barbershop Guy - think Homer Simpson and the 'B-Sharps'

Canadian Mountie - I do like the international/cultural figures

Castaway - rugged beard, messy hair and 'message in a bottle' or possibly another seagull (one without wings spread would be nice)

Chef/Cook - either with a rolling pin or striped apron and spatula for a BBQ

Circus Strongman - dumbells and caveman-like costume

Classical Musician - possibly a lady to balance the numbers but we need more instrument moulds!

Evil Genie - a red version of the original genie

Frog Costume - again, probably a lady to balance the gender numbers, lime green diver flippers for feet!

Golfer - probably one of the most requested figures yet to be made

Gondolier - classic black & white striped top, straw hat and red scarf with oar/pole with singing face

Hotel Bellhop - dark red uniform/hat with 2 luggage bags (really hope this is made without an open-mouthed face). A golden trolley would probably be too much to expect!

Marie Antoinette - a similar style lady from this historical period

Monk (Friar Tuck) - would be a shame if not possible due to Lego's no religion policy, but hopefully classed as a 'folklore' character (with Grandpa's hair piece in brown!)

Shepherd(ess) - Little Bo Peep would be good

Veterianarian (animal doctor) - possibly with new mould animal (rabbit?)

Also Robert, any more pics? - I'd love to see some more designs (mainly town!)...

Edited by lifeinplastic

I'm the only one who wants next series to be like series 14,but space not monsters.

New classic space minifigures.New versions of Futuron,M-Tron,Blacktron :grin: ,Space Police,Space Firefigther vs fire alien :grin:

Edited by LegoRomania

I'm the only one who wants next series to be like series 14,but space not monsters.

New classic space minifigures.New versions of Futuron,M-Tron,Blacktron :grin: ,Space Police,Space Firefigther vs fire alien :grin:

I really wouldn't mind that, so long as there is another themed series with Castle minifigures somewhere down the line.