CopMike

LEGO VIP program questions for you!

1) Simply join into Lego.it, registred and get my first set online!

2) Get point for have discouts on next set, access to special set before others.

3) From my future set to buy. Choose the Modular or the creator sets just ceck the schedule of the VIP Program

4) Special set for VIP, more special sales, exclusive set maybe and more time to get more points!

5) I honestly It's hard to say 'cause in Italy we have only one lego store, and it's not really ina good point of Italy to access. And I never be get difference from when I was a normal member or not as a VIP anytime I put in contact to the callcenter, they always nice to me.

1) Browsing on the LEGO website I saw the VIP program & used it for my first purchase. I use it for big purchases, specially when double points are available.

2) To rack up points & save them for the bigger expensive sets.

3) When huge sets come out like the modulars I definitely find the VIP program useful.

4) More special dates for double VIP points, specially on birthdays! And better deals.

5) Nothing. The customer service has always been excellent for me.

1) I signed up to become a VIP when I came out of my Dark Ages, around 2007. It was the first time I had visited the LEGO website in years, so a free membership sounded good. I don't make much use of the program today as, other than the points scheme, there are very few incentives. 'Early Access' has no effect on me as I have the patience to wait two weeks for the general sale.

2) £5 back for every £100 spent. It's something, but other brand loyalty schemes are far more rewarding.

3) None at all.

4)

(a) Move away from a points-to-money scheme. I'll be frank; I think this will be an outdated mode of 'loyalty' for as long as competing retailers price their products at least £5 - or thereabouts - less than TLG. It's a placebo that saving up points and then spending them all in one transaction actually saves you any money, because you would have saved the same amount of money across different purchases anyway. VIP members who spend over a specific threshold should instead be offered a choice of gift every quarter of the year. Not only is this more valuable than £5 back, but it...

(b) ... is tailored to a fan's interests. I only purchase Creator Expert, City and Star Wars sets, so early access on products from other themes isn't relevant to me. I would rather receive an email thanking me for my custom, and asking me to choose between two gifts of different themes.

© Send out more regular newsletters via email that include exclusive content, such as designer interviews, facts, trivia etc.

(d) Introduce 'Wallet' (digital VIP card) support for iOS/Android, and make the registration process simpler.

5)

I don't expect to be treated any differently to other fans; just because I'm older and purchase a lot of LEGO doesn't give me a sense of entitlement. However I would like to see more regular discount mornings, where members can visit the store an hour before it opens to everyone else. They're great!

As far as support goes, I think the company is doing a great job.

1) I signed up online. I usually give my email address in-store and it's automatic online. I use the rewards benefit whenever one is available, I don't save them up.

2) Early Access and rewards

3) It influences where I buy, either direct from lego or someplace more affordable

4) Faster shipping would be nicer. Faster picking for pick-a-brick would be nice too. Interest on unused rewards or some sort of special bonus points when either your unspent rewards balance reaches a certain amount or your lifetime rewards balance hits certain milestones.

5) Customer service should be outstanding for everyone, not just VIPs.

1) Good lord, it's been years... I think I signed up online when first prompted, and again in-store when asked. Later, I merged the accounts in-store, if I recall correctly.

2) The benefit i tend to use most is amassing VIP points from buying small sets to bring down the cost of large ones to palatable levels. Most VIP benefits and events seem to be geared towards kids, which makes sense...

3) It doesn't. VIP early release is generally useless for me, as I get paid monthly. VIP generally seems to be independent of themes.

4) The current events adults would be interested are secretive. This is frustrating because it suggests that VIPs aren't that important, but some secret mystery group is. We know that special limited invitation-only events occur, but we have zero clue what it takes to get an invite. This is frustrating to me. Transparency on this process would go a long way for me.

5) As it exists now, the VIP program doesn't make me feel very important. It takes zero effort to be a member, thus has virtually no actual exclusivity, and that means everyone is treated the same... Unless you get that secret invite. LEGO treats its customers great, but being a VIP has little meaning from my perspective.

Edited by rollermonkey

1) signed up on the web site at first order, use it for every purchase at brand shops and online

2) effective 5% discount

3) not at all

4) click&collect at lego stores, price matching service

5) would be good to have a tier level like airlines, e.g. additional benefits (PaB discount?) and get more points per £/$ once a given yearly threshold is achieved.

1) I signed up to the website then signed up for the VIP card.

2) Getting VIP points to drop costs of larger sets.

3) Like the answer for 2. Having points would steer me towards the larger more expensive sets to make them more affordable to buy but not necessarily in what theme.

4) VIP on bricks and pieces.

5) Until the end of this year we don't have a Lego shop in Australia, so to comment on the Email side of being in contact with Lego I cant see anything more a VIP could get over someone who isn't cause the service is always friendly and helpful. I would like to think that loyalty in spending so much through Lego as a VIP would give a percentage discount for a period of time.

1) I was signed up when I made my first purchase at the local Lego store. I am spoiled by having two stores with a 30 minute drive of my house so most items are readily available at my local store.

2) The biggest feature that I use is obviously the VIP points you get with purchases. Since i buy a fair amount it certainly adds up. I also like the early notice and opportunity to buy before the general public.

3) VIP doesn't really influence my purchases unless its a get double points for buying a set thats already a line I would buy i.e. Friends for my daughter, Duple for my son, or city for me.

4) I would like to see more double points to all purchases opportunities, I would like 6 one day double points day on all items which I think is fair to both consumer and TLG. I also agree with another commenter that there are WAY too many Star Wars promotions, I love Star Wars as much as the next guy but I would LOVE to see some special Modular promotion. I don't know what you could do outside of double points but maybe you could offer exclusive Mini-Figs for the modulars with purchase, these should also be limited to 40-50 per store so they are actually collectible. My dream scenario would be a bonus set that could help decorate or furnish the Modular that the promo runs with i.e. multiple movie posters for Palace Cinema, a safe for the Detectives Office, extra pets for the Pet Store, furniture for the row home in Pet Store. This would be a huge bonus to VIP members and make it something exclusive. I think most VIP's want more Double Points and more exclusive items that will be rare. I would also like to see a lot more VIP raffles for items like The Bat Pod, although I want it to be limited I think it should be more than the Bat Pod but not over 10,000 units. I really believe members would love more raffles of great sets like this. And finally it could be great to see VIP's offered either an auction or raffle for interiors to classic Modulars i.e. a cafe for Cafe corner, farmers market for Market Street, upgraded interior for Green Grocer apartment. The biggest complaint I here about the older modulars is their lack of interior details, this would let TLG make very limited interior upgrade sets that would be highly collectible and great for lifetime AFOL's like myself.

5) I have never used a call center since I have 2 stores so close to home but I will say that the customer service I get when I walk in is the best of any retail shop I frequent. The staff's of Lego stores in Annapolis/Arundel Mills Maryland are not only some of the most genuinely nice staff I have ever encountered but they all are genuine fans of Lego and are quick to help you in any way possible from getting me a shipper box for sets I plan to store or letting my children play with all the display sets. Unlike The Disney Store or Chick Fil A which both have staff that are well trained to present as being joyful there corporate boiler plate responses show that they are TRAINED, at Lego stores every employee has a true love for Lego and it shows.

1) As soon as I figured out a way to get a card despite the fact you don't ship here, I singed up online.

2) The points, I see them as a discount. The giveaways are nice too but not as key. I don't care for early access.

3) Promotions such as "free chicken man with purchase" does actually make me consider purchasing when I otherwise wouldn't as well as double points.

4) Occasional free shipping for lower thresholds would be nice. Expanding the countries you ship to would mean the world to those restricted.

5) It is fine as it is, I don't want special treatment in that sense and you already have one of the best customer services.

Edited by Sven F

1) I signed up for the programme on a visit to the Lego Brand Store. I use my VIP points to offset the costs of my purchases (namely Goods and Service tax). VIP points are also extremely handy when I purchase Pick a Brick parts in the Lego Brand Store. I couldn't imagine not earning points now.

2) The key benefit for an AFOL like myself is to lower the costs for larger sets (if I have saved enough VIP points). I also like double VIP point events.

3) The VIP programme does not influence my purchasing habits, it enables them. I don't subscribe to a particular theme because of the VIP programme. I do collect Lego Creator, Star Wars, Castle and City themes.

4) As a VIP member I would like discounted pricing and a larger selection for Pick a Brick or Bricks and Pieces. Similarly I would like to earn VIP points when I am purchasing through Brick and Pieces. Currently I do not receive any points for using the service as I do spend a good deal of money to acquire parts I cannot normally purchase through Pick a Brick for various projects. I liked the Christmas boxes we used to get in store to fill with Pick a Brick parts. They used to have a VIP rewards event where one could purchase up to a limit of five sets at 15% off the current price in the Lego Brand Stores. I really like this idea. Perhaps VIP members could depending on how long they have been a member could get access to bulk purchasing of Lego elements? Could VIP members order Lego poly-bag sets? Local stores in my city just simply don't stock them and quite often I miss out on acquiring them.

5) I am usually treated quite well by the staff at the Lego Brand Stores and the call centers. Lego Customer service is the simply the best when compared to other companies. It would be nice to be recognized as a VIP member as I contact the call centers many times for orders or general queries. A little freebie now and then helps to make me feel special.

Edited by Wodanis

1) I signed up when prompted. It was likely not long after Diagon Alley came out. I continue to use it for large purchases at times.

2) VIP points help offset the cost of larger sets. I typically use VIP points for Bricks and Pieces purchases, so that helps or shipping costs.

3) It doesn't influence what I buy, only when. I only purchase during promo periods or double points. Otherwise, other stores get my money due to sales at the time. Granted, with LEGO exclusives, I don't really have a choice, but again I do wait for specific times of the year.

4) Special promo polybags could be good. Granted, anyone could sign up and get them right away so the idea wouldn't be very exclusive. Also, some other poster mentioned things involving Bricks and Pieces. That would be great! Certain pieces available at certain times or more unique pieces available. Maybe a lower threshold for free shipping for VIP members? Even, $49 would be better than $75. I rarely have $75 at one time, so then I end up purchasing elsewhere because of shipping costs.

5) All customers should be treated with respect. I don't know if a VIP member should be treated any differently than any other member. If someone is really interested in joining the program, it is a quick procedure so there really isn't much of a delineation between members/non-members.

1) Membership achieved by buying a large set. Today I use it for the special promo's (double points) and collecting points off course.

2) A nice discount, especially when there are double point days.

3) I like receiving the emails about exclusive sets that you can buy early. I don't take advantage of this (most of the times I wait until there's a double point promo) but this way I keep updated on new big sets.

4) Mailinglists for specific themes with news, new releases, new build instructions for existing sets. Maybe an extra figure, doesn't even have to be an exclusive, when buying a large set; just as a thank you gift.

5) In the store? The same as today. The store I go to has a super friendly staff that is always willing to help.

1) Received the VIP card when I did my first purchase in a shop after my dark ages.

2) The ability to reward yourself with the points later on in the future for larger purchases. I also always like the special VIP events.

3) The VIP program doesn't really much influence me when I'm after something.

4) I would like to have more possibilities in the Pick-A-Brick wall, which would so awesome when making a MOC. Maybe on special occassions they could organise a big PaB fest?

5) I would'nt want to be treated as someone else. I think it's fine like they do now.

i'm a lucky one, the Lego store is just around the corner, my wallet thinks Oh No.

1) received the VIP card when I did my first purchase in the store.

2) effective 5% discount, non official store's give -10% till -15%.

3) It influence what I buy.

4) a larger selection of Pick a Brick's in the store,

5) the store I go they are friendly and always willing to help.

1) Got my card in store when buying a set

2) VIP points -- especially double VIP!

3) It really doesn't, I like the themes I like -- even double VIP points won't have me buying something outside themes I am interested in unless I can use it for parts and it is <$50.

4) Special parts in PAB. Special minifig buying (even of past ones, they don't have to be unique just more access to minifig buying). Either a system where after a certain number of PAB cups there is an additional discount or maybe like every other PAB cup counts as double points? I know there are minifig swaps for kids, maybe do something for adults on Sat. or Sun. once a month. If you buy $50 worth of Lego during the week of your birthday you can pick from a selection of special minifigs.

5) I think the treatment we receive already just as a customer is A+, no need to do anything else.

Edited by Kodan Black

1) I was an old loyalty card holder and transitioned to the VIP card when the loyalty card was phased out. I use it whenever I buy anything at a brand store or online here in the UK or in Europe

2) No real benefits other than the points=money off thing

3) VIP does not influence me at all. If I like a set, I buy it, if I dont, I wont. Simple as that.

4) I would like exclusive competitions for ALL VIP members in all locations (not just in the US like the Batpod fiasco) and maybe access to some discontinued sets which only VIP members can buy.

5) I dont want to be treated any differently when in contact with Lego - everyone should be treated the same, whether they are spending £000's or just buying a minifig.

Talking of minifigs, the VIP is a sort of club for Lego buyers, so it would be great if we got a club minifig, maybe in the metallic red like the one on the card? Just an idea...

1) I signed up at a Lego brand store when I was making a purchase.

2) The VIP Points.

3) The VIP program hasn't affected my purchases much, if any.

4) It would be nice to have an option to buy bulk from the Pick a Brick online, so it would be closer in price to filling a PaB cup, as I live 5 hours away from my closest Lego store.

5) I don't want to be treated any differently than I am now.

Ok, thanks all of you guys :sweet: !

I´ve collected the data and relayed it to TLG :thumbup: ! So no need for more info at this point!