Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

The Restauration of Falahuas ch5 : The Rangers of Avalonia

Hello everyone. I am back in GOH with a new little build for Avalonia Task 2 (after a while passed in Brethren of the Brick Seas...)

I am continuing the story of Faladrin and his wife Walaheria showing their attempts to rebuild the Principality of Falahuas after a Drow raid left the land in ruins.

If you missed the past chapters, here are some links :

- The Restauration of Falahuas ch 1

- The Restauration of Falahuas ch 2

- The Restauration of Falahuas ch 3

- The Restauration of Falahuas ch 4

This is chapter 5 and it's occuring after Faladrin and his team met and defeated some Algus in the Last Outpost.

The Rangers of Avalonia

The last outpost Faladrin used to defend Falahuas against the Algus seemed better that he would expected. So, instead of leaving it at its fate, Lord Faladrin decided to used it as a training and recruiting camp.

His old friend Aeldric from Vanhorn, when he re-opened the road between Falahuas and Vanhorn, offered him to recruit some Rangers of Avalonia to help Falahuas defenses. Faladrin thought it could be a good help but was not sure about hiring new men...

Though, hearing about war at the Guild's doors involving The Trifork and Drond's Feelds and the rumours of civil war grounding in Nocturnus hasted Faladrin's decision.

And he decided to use the back of the outpost, totally in ruins, to create a training camp for some Rangers of Avalonia.

26346852643_753e5f0318_z.jpg

The men were training when a strange druid came to Faladrin and offered him his help.

26678025010_85dc3d000f_n.jpg

- But you're not a bow expert ! I clearly said that I especially want sharpshooters ! Clamed Faladrin to the old man.

- You're mistaking, Mylord. Answered the druid. I am expert at throwing potions. And I can ensure you that potions of my creation are strongly poisonous or can deal some kind of (funny, did I say funny...) damages to an ennemy army !

- Ah ! Great ! I did not thought it like this ! Of course, you're very welcome in the first batalion of the Rangers of Avalonia, Ser... Sorry I missed your name...

- Ser Nobelius, Mylord. My name is Nobelius.

- Nice to meet you, Nobelius ! And welcome !

26856952052_fabec00c0d_n.jpg

But during the hiring of the druid, nobody seemed to notice the strange shadowy winged creature spying behind the tree...

To be continued...

And here is the batalion of the Rangers of Avalonia :

26678028970_9ccf8183e5.jpg

This batalion is meant to be my hero retinue as stated in Avalonia Task 2 rules, so I will post a photo of it in the Avalonia thread too.

I hope you like the build and the story. C&Cs are welcome.

Great ruins, Faladrin! The little stone wall is excellent and I love that arrow design! :wub: Very nice tree and targets too :thumbup:

I do think making the ground a little less flat with some plates/tiles/slopes to create a bit more of a ruined feel would be good though :classic:

Cool training ground. That tree is pretty neat :thumbup:The crumbled wall and archer posing is excellent too. And you have an interesting story, I wonder what that mysterious creature is up to :look:

Sweet build! Very nice border, and I love that tree :thumbup: I also like the figs!

Great build! You were able to capture what Avalonia looks like. Also great to see you back in Guilds of Historica again. Can't wait to see what you have next!

Really enjoyed your story and scene. Great build especially the tree. The potion-chucking druid made me giggle! :)

Great ruins, Faladrin! The little stone wall is excellent and I love that arrow design! :wub: Very nice tree and targets too :thumbup:

I do think making the ground a little less flat with some plates/tiles/slopes to create a bit more of a ruined feel would be good though :classic:

Thank you. Glad to see you like it. I will think of more floor texture and elevation for next builds. Thanks.

Cool training ground. That tree is pretty neat :thumbup:The crumbled wall and archer posing is excellent too. And you have an interesting story, I wonder what that mysterious creature is up to :look:

Thank you.

Who knows what this little creature is...

Sweet build! Very nice border, and I love that tree :thumbup: I also like the figs!

Thank you mate, I am working my minifigs posing, and of course I tryed a new tree design. The build begin by this tree though...

Great build! You were able to capture what Avalonia looks like. Also great to see you back in Guilds of Historica again. Can't wait to see what you have next!

Thank you. I am happy to be back too. I have the next episodes in mind, I just have to build them...

Looks like a band of merry men :classic: Nice build and looking forward to the continuation of the story!

Yes sure they are. But not sure they will steal the rich to give to the poor. They are more here to kick some Drows megablocks ;p

Really enjoyed your story and scene. Great build especially the tree. The potion-chucking druid made me giggle! :)

Thank you.

Glad you like the funny Druid.

Nice build! And that creature is creepy!

Thank you !

More on that creature will come soon...