Ayrlego

[COR - May FB1] The Treaty of Alicentia

Much has occurred since we last saw Captain Dirk Allcock in King's Harbour setting up a Cocoa Plantation. He had meet with Sir James Chase and Don Isaac Montoya and together they had launched the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy. After this, Dirk had stayed on in King's Harbour, giving his men a well earned rest and himself a chance to leisurely explore the immediate area. However all good things must come to an end, and thus it was so when a letter arrived for Dirk from Belson.

To the most honourable Major Dirk Allcock,

Sir, the Ministry has received your report and recommendation of settlement of the island you landed on in the month of February. After much consideration, it has been decided to proceed with claiming this Island for the Crown. Enclosed are orders from the Army board instructing you to proceed with haste to the island which shall henceforth be known as 'Alicentia' in honour of her majesty the Queen Mother. Included in the Army dispatch is a promotion to the brevet rank of Major. You will also find enclosed is a declaration of colonisation and settlement from this office together with your commission. You are to proceed to Alicentia and find a suitable place for our first settlement on the island. You are formally charged with the authority to make a treaty with the natives you previously established good relations with. When a suitable location is found, you are to report to this office and await the dispatch of the first batch of colonists for the settlement. Whilst waiting you are charged with preparing the site and establishing the initial settlement. You are empowered to enlist any potential colonists for this endeavour at any existing colony of the Crown.

Yours sincerely,

Reginald Fortesque,

Secretary,

Ministry of the Colonies

And so Major Dirk Allcock did indeed proceed to Alicentia with haste. He collected a considerable amount of supplies together with a small group of colonists looking for adventure. The he proceed to Alicentia and made contact once again with Xochitl and her tribe. A treaty was quickly agreed upon and signed at a ceremony near where Dirk had initially landed all those months ago.

26337170244_1761e5c9e4_c.jpg

Now his first priority was to find a suitable place for a settlement, several suitable natural harbours had already been flagged as potential sites.

A quick freebuild to advance Dirk's storyline and to formally establish our claim on the Island formally known as 'Island 9'. Settlement to be announced soon!

Edited by Ayrlego

Very Nice build, I love the composition with the flag, the people signing the treaty and the battalion

Nice hills at the corners using some bamboo to help smooth the vertical transitions.Good fig posing, and the animals add some fun touches to the scene too pirate_classic.gif

Excellent build, Ayrlego! The dense foliage is great, as are the palm trees, and I like that the foliage steps up a bit on the right side thumbup.gif

I like the story and build. Great introduction to the newly claimed Alicentia. I like the soldiers ranks. Where is the chief's head dress from?

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Where is the chief's head dress from?

Mine is from 5976 - River Expedition (below) - but I think it also came in a smaller set..

5976-1.jpg

Anything cow related fills my heart with joy! :-p

On a more political perspective though, how did the natives reacted when you Corries announced them that their land is now officially part of your sovereign?

Great looking founding scene, Ayrlego. I really like the orderly formation of the marines as opposed to the more free movement of islanders and sailors. The vegetation is great too, and I love the way you integrate the story with your former builds and current events.

Montoya and Cooke both wishes to congratulate Major Allcock on his newly attained promotion.

@BDGR

Well, obviously they welcomed it - who wouldn't want to be part of such a fair, enlightened and scientific empire?