murphy_slaw

The Shameful Confessions Thread

Good to see there are more crazy people :laugh:

Here we go:

-I used a bit of glue to repair a small crack in a Yoda minifig

-I took my eldest kid (who was 4,5 at the time, he is now 5) to a LEGO fair. He didn't have any LEGO but he got hooked because of the event. Because of me he got a lot of NInjago stuff from Santa and for his B-day. I kinda made my parents get him a retired TMNT shellraiser for this Xmas (I know he will go nuts as he loves the Turtles). I even hunt down other TMNT sets and scored a load of TMNT minifigs for him.

-I kinda freaked when he 'destroyed' a couple of Ninjago sets.

-I made an agreement with him that he can 'destroy' every set except the really expensive/big ones. He was cool with that :D

-I am glad my 'mission' succeeded and he loves LEGO (and is already building great things). What if he had liked Playmobil better? AAArrgggh!

-I scored a bunch of retired Little Forest Friends for my little girl (2) when she was just 6 months :D

I got a used set off of Ebay and it lacked a 1x2 black brick, and since I didnt have any extra I used a 1x2 black brick with an opening for an axel. While you cant see it on the build it still sticks in my mind that I had to use a piece that isnt native to the original set.

Same goes for the podracer I got. It was missing 3 pieces! 1 grill piece on the left engine and the 2 control sticks. I had to use parts from my left over parts container, and they dont 100% match the color of the original but it works.

Asked my cousin if he still had 4559 cargo railway he had as a kid because I wanted it 'for my son ' who has yet to turn 1. To spark his love for trains (and thus assuring/excusing more funding for daddy's trains) he is getting a Duplo train for his first birthday.

I have been building the Temple of Airjitzu for the last few weeks... or more like neglecting it. Shameful.

It's currently in two different rooms because I needed some of it out of the way.

I'm pretty sure I've bought my son a few sets simply to justify the fact that I was coming out of my dark ages last year. I've since dropped all pretense of being into it "because my kids are". To be honest the only reason they like Lego is I'm into it, and they spend more time playing with my stuff than their own. Which brings me to my next shameful confession: I have over twice as much Lego as both of my children combined! My son has 54 minifigs, I just hit 195. But about 97% of mine are in my "collection" which is off limits to touching in any way by little sticky hands.

I sold my son a duplicate flash minifig the other day. In my defense, I had just given him an extra Batzarro I had along with a few others that I had meant to sell on Bricklink or eBay. I bought the set with the extra flash knowing I was going to sell it to offset costs, and he was relentlessly asking me for it, so I taught him to save his allowance for something he wanted by having him do chores that day to boost what he had so he could buy it. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I think I'm just not going to let him know I have extras for a while. The bad thing is he'll forget he has it in a week, just like all the others.

I must confess that I have bulk bought sets and haven't assembled them. Seriously avoid rural Wal-Marts after christmas. There are too many deals. TOO many.

I have taken more photographs of Lego than of non-Lego this year. I need to go out more.

When I see someone correct someone else about the spelling of LEGO (or legos). I want to yell out "NERD!" at them (but I don't :sad:).

I always have to resist the urge to rant when people act like the sets are the be-all and end-all of LEGO.

I'm confined in my bed since tuesday as I'm sick like a dog, and all I can think of is the upcoming deathstar and browse reddit for leaks between my fever spikes.

Make it end Lego :(

Here is my shameful confession: I have actually given some serious thought to getting a Lepin version of Green Grocer, Cafe Corner, SSD, (insert other discontinued Lego set now worth hundreds or thousands in the aftermarket)

I'm not good at sorting my LEGO. I always get distracted and build stuff. I have three large bins of discarded sets and MOCS and loose bricks I need to sort.

Also, I'm very bad at photographing and posting my creations. I really only post crappy things that I don't really care a lot about on the web because those are the only ones I don't mind having poor photography of. It's really weird psychology.

I have an awesome Mech I created, for example, but I haven't shared it here because I can't get the pictures perfect.

While opening one of the first Star Wars MINI sets, the ones that came in a small plastic clamshell case back 2003. The whole package was glued shut. I was using a knife, it slipped and sliced my hand open. A trip to the ER and a few stitches later, I was building them. Good times!!

Jamie

Sometimes when I customize Lego with an an electric dremel, parts of the plastic get so hot that they evaporate and I accidetally inhale the fumes. I tend to think this is a sign of dedication to Lego and very manly.

One Christmas, I asked for a LEGO set and my parents bought me a megablocks set

I almost put myself for adoption

One Christmas, I asked for a LEGO set and my parents bought me a megablocks set

I almost put myself for adoption

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I spend like all my time in the Andromeda's Gate forum, even though there are like 10 people who regularly post

When someone asks me if I saw/heard the news, for a split-second, i think "why, did TLG reveal a new set??"

Also, I killed a kitten once. He had it coming, though.

Edited by rob-ot5000

I have my son make LEGO models to demonstrate the key features of some of the chemical processing equipment we make (Boss,"whats that?"; me "thats the CO2 tank and feed hose")