murphy_slaw

The Shameful Confessions Thread

I realized only within the last week or so that a minifigure's hand is a stud.

After a year of elves sets.

I realized only within the last week or so that a minifigure's hand is a stud.

After a year of elves sets.

It's okay . . . .it took me roughly 20 years to realize that the universal cargo moving logo, or shipping center logo was that. I owned 6391 as a child and thought that the logos all over the set referred to the building's ability to separate and fold into itself.

I'm 27 and I only recently realized the stud function on the minifig hand as well :laugh:

Churros were the highlight of LEGOLAND California...

So you missed the Apple Fries? *oh2*

:wink:

Edited by rodiziorobs

As a kid, I broke apart so many lego sets that they would be impossible to rebuild because I've scrambled all the pieces needed & I've lost quite a few moving house.

I've destroyed a soccer stadium, basketball court, Gadunka, the temple in the fourth Indiana Jones movie & the 2008 set form of Takanuva to name the ones I regret destroying.

Edited by Yusaku Hayakawa

I keep buying sets because they have good parts for MOCs and then building them according to the instructions and being unwilling to disassemble them.

I fixed a cracked pond liner by melting down a few 1x2 black plates with a soldering iron and filling the crack with the melted plastic. Worked great and after two years, it is still holding!

I used to try to "improve" bricks and minifigs by drawing on them. I really ruined a lot of them that way :cry_sad:

Sometimes I spend more time looking at other peoples MOCs then I spend building :(

I am soooooo guilty of this.

I'm pretty good at feeling for the CMFs I want through their bags, but this one time I got 3 Carpenters IN A ROW. Still got 'em, too.

I accidentally sucked up 2 ninja swords while vacuuming....

I dreamt I stole a bunch of minifig parts from a kid. My racionalisation was that the kid had full floor of Lego parts, he wouldn't even miss it, let alone be aware of

I was so ashamed when I woke up...

I dreamt I stole a bunch of minifig parts from a kid. My racionalisation was that the kid had full floor of Lego parts, he wouldn't even miss it, let alone be aware of

I was so ashamed when I woke up...

...woke up with some minifigs clutched in your hand? Just wondering :wink: :laugh:

Whenever my nephew or friends children have their birthday, I forcely give them Lego as presents... There is no choice, there is only Lego. :tongue:

I'd rather give them something that will spark their imagination & creativity. Than something that's dumbed down, chewed up, spit out and regurgitated all over again. :blush:

Edited by -zenn

Whenever my nephew or friends children have their birthday, I forcely give them Lego as presents... There is no choice, there is only Lego. :tongue:

I'd rather give them something that will spark their imagination & creativity. Than something that's dumbed down, chewed up, spit out and regurgitated all over again. :blush:

I completely agree. I don't like it when small children already get something where they only have to push a button to make something happen. They will find that out soon enough :wink: and - to be honest - it just makes you lazy, when there is no effort needed to achieve a result.

Lego wants to be assembled and encourages to dissemble and rebuild it. That's just a so much more empowering thing. Even something as simple as Duplo already.

A friend of mine had a dream that LEGO was edible and everyone kept eating all his LEGO. :moar: