Captain Green Hair

[MOC] The Greenville brewery company, est. 1927.

Hello folks and welcome to the Greenville brewery company!

26801962842_891261dcc8_b.jpg

A shot of the front:

26801962402_cc24473a49_b.jpg

On the left side is the loading area, they never bothered to renew the delivery truck:

26895415965_3e9a5d4707_b.jpg

I thought that shot would also look cool in b&w:

26895415285_3b6eb1fec5_b.jpg

On the right side is the chimney. I wanted a nice big industrial chimney not a faggy little one (pun intended). Next to the chimney is also an ex employee:

26801962562_22b047b208_b.jpg

The interior isn't elaborate, I just made some kettles, a bottle machine and a cool stove:

26895415245_d36c41d37c_b.jpg

Just enough to look like a brewery through the windows, I might expand it later:

26895415685_0f04d8db1c_b.jpg

Last but not least a shot of the back of the building, which basically looks the same as the front but with a little corny bush on the back of the loading shed:

26895415085_0fde90ff4d_b.jpg

I always wanted to do an industrial age industrial building, so what better then a brewery? I will adjust the pavement later when I finally fit it into my layout. The architecture was inspired by the buildings of the old ''westergasfabriek'' in my beloved city of Amsterdam. I hope you enjoy my build, I look forward to reading your C&C!

Great build. Love the overall style which is very convincing. The truck is also a nice touch. Well done.

This is fantastic! There is an old brewery just like that in my home town. I simply love that building and you caught the distinctive look of its type just perfectly! Just... wow :classic:

beautiful work.like the truck (i always struggle with these)windows ,doors etc outstanding,one question fow do youy get the 2x1 tile on 3 corners like you have

Brilliant color use and architecture :wub: The windows, and roof look superb, and the chimney completes the model nicely :classic:

What a lovely old school industrial brick building. It captures the look of buildings like these perfectly, I especially like the gable section.

The truck adds a lot to the scene as well.

Fantastic, very stylish build, I really love it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Brickwork, chimney, the lettering on the roof, and also those doors are incredibly well done. The truck is the icing on the cake. Congratulations!

Awesome! Love how you've done the doors, the lettering in the roof and the rosettes set within the arches.

This is absolutely fantastic. I've always loved MOCs built in the early 1900s-era. This one really hits the spot. Great work, hope to see more from this era.

Lovely building! A real eye-catcher with the exterior details! One nit-pick item though. Since Prohibition in the USA lasted from 1920 to 1933, it probably wasn't established until after that, unless they started out in the root-beer market. (but the ex-employee seems to be drinking something a little stronger!)

unrelated.....many Grand Emporiums died to bring you this building......

Edited by ecmo47

Wonderful. Looks absolutely perfect. Nice choice of colours. And the chimney is great.

Great detailing all around, but especially the roof with the letters in it I find nice. And also those sliding doors. Too many things...

I really like the colour scheme, the kettles and the delivery vehicle is very well done!

Fantastic build with lovely details. The truck is just really awesome, and I especially liked the windows on the roof!

Only the two lime round bricks on the door of the brewery look a bit out of place for me.

Thank you all for the kind replies, I really appreciate it! :wub:

beautiful work.like the truck (i always struggle with these)windows ,doors etc outstanding,one question fow do youy get the 2x1 tile on 3 corners like you have

Do you mean the tiles above the arches? They are attached on 1x1 bricks with a stud on the side over the arches.

Lovely building! A real eye-catcher with the exterior details! One nit-pick item though. Since Prohibition in the USA lasted from 1920 to 1933, it probably wasn't established until after that, unless they started out in the root-beer market. (but the ex-employee seems to be drinking something a little stronger!)

unrelated.....many Grand Emporiums died to bring you this building......

Thank you for pointing that out, I never thought about that. Prohibition has never been a thing in Europe I suppose. It's a good thing the Brewery is in Holland and build on my attic layout for that matter. :laugh:

The windows re more like a lot of BL orders, I don't own a single grand emporium. :grin:

Fantastic build with lovely details. The truck is just really awesome, and I especially liked the windows on the roof!

Only the two lime round bricks on the door of the brewery look a bit out of place for me.

I think you mean the pearl gold plates which are supposed to be door knobs, but I see they seem a bit off in the picture. Maybe I'll think of something different, thank you for pointing it out.